PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC -- Anaheim, CA -- September 8th, 2009

andrew_metalhead
09-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Pics : http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=415714183&albumId=1421074

Review coming soon.

Setlist is the same as the other shows on the tour.

ijwthstd
09-09-2009, 12:52 PM
I was there, it was good.

Did you have a ride or were you one of the people on the 460 north?

andrew_metalhead
09-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I was there, it was good.

Did you have a ride or were you one of the people on the 460 north?

I had a ride! Carpooled with a friend. That place was too fuckin far from my house!

Travis The Dragon
09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't get why this band continues to COMPLETELY IGNORE songs from Flick Of The Switch, Fly On The Wall, and Blow Up Your Video.

TonyD
09-09-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't get why this band continues to COMPLETELY IGNORE songs from Flick Of The Switch, Fly On The Wall, and Blow Up Your Video.

I do.

Travis The Dragon
09-09-2009, 07:46 PM
I do.

What do you think is the reason?

TonyD
09-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Because those albums are inferior to the rest of their material, especially anything from Back in Black and earlier.

I'm guessing those are 3 of your favorite AC/DC albums.

Travis The Dragon
09-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Because those albums are inferior to the rest of their material, especially anything from Back in Black and earlier.

I'm guessing those are 3 of your favorite AC/DC albums.

Along with Razor's Edge, I like them the best because the have a harder edged sound to them.

Sanitarium78
09-10-2009, 01:23 PM
I know everyone has their opinion but are you seriously trying to tell us that the 3 worst AC/DC albums(Flick, Fly and Video) are your favorites? Flick has a couple of good tracks like Rising Power and The title track and so does Blow Up Your Video but Fly On The Wall is easily their worst effort. With the exception of Heatseeker and That's The Way I wanna Rock N Roll they aren't gonna play anything off these albums. AC/DC has way too many big hits that people are coming to hear than to even worry about those albums. Every great band goes into a slump and for me these 3 albums were it for AC/DC.

Honestly for me saying that those 3 are their best is like saying Load, Reload and St. Anger are Metallica's best efforts. At least it makes for an intresting discussion though.

Travis The Dragon
09-13-2009, 02:51 PM
I know everyone has their opinion but are you seriously trying to tell us that the 3 worst AC/DC albums(Flick, Fly and Video) are your favorites? Flick has a couple of good tracks like Rising Power and The title track and so does Blow Up Your Video but Fly On The Wall is easily their worst effort. With the exception of Heatseeker and That's The Way I wanna Rock N Roll they aren't gonna play anything off these albums. AC/DC has way too many big hits that people are coming to hear than to even worry about those albums. Every great band goes into a slump and for me these 3 albums were it for AC/DC.

Honestly for me saying that those 3 are their best is like saying Load, Reload and St. Anger are Metallica's best efforts. At least it makes for an intresting discussion though.

I'm just curious. Why do you feel that FOTW is such a horrible album?

I do agree about the 3 Metallica albums though. Especially St. Anus.

Sanitarium78
09-13-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm just curious. Why do you feel that FOTW is such a horrible album?

I do agree about the 3 Metallica albums though. Especially St. Anus.

I was just never able to get into Fly On The Wall. Every other record from them has at least a few songs that hook me in this album just never did. They tried to go back to a rawer sound on the album and it just didn't work for me at all. The songs are just there and don't have that classic AC/DC hook that gets you into their stuff. But it has been a long time since i've listened to it so i'll go back and listen to it again and see if my opinion has changed. When you don't listen to something in awhile sometimes you hear it differently years later.

andrew_metalhead
09-14-2009, 03:59 AM
Sorry for the delay, but here's a detailed review and picture slide show :

http://www.fullmetalrock.com/Reviews.html

jhdeity
09-14-2009, 07:17 AM
The song Sink the Pink was a Hammerjacks staple and actually contributed to getting me laid a few times so I have a special place in my groin for that song. I'm a total Bon Scott guy when it comes to ac/dc but I made a B Johnson "ac/dc" cd recently and actually chose a few songs from FOTS and FOTW. I pretty much hate anything after those but Rock and Roll Train made it on there.

I will tell you the songs I really enjoyed the most were gems I hadn't listened to in 10+ years like Evil Walks, Nervous Shakedown, Inject the Venom, C.O.D., Snowballed, Guns for Hire & Sink the Pink.

Basically it was a cd with all of Back in Black, half of FTATR and 5 others. It's a really good cd start to finish though.

Am I the only person why hates the songs Big Jack and can't believe it's played on the radio?

UnleashTheWolves
09-14-2009, 01:51 PM
The song Sink the Pink was a Hammerjacks staple and actually contributed to getting me laid a few times

How did a song get you laid.:horns:

jhdeity
09-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Hammerjacks was like no other place. Maybe the Roxy and Rainbow in LA in the 80's would be a similar crowd. There were certain songs that were anthems there that made the girls go nuts. The Ramones - Somebody put something in my drink was one of them. A song called Monkey Bars by Coney Hatch was another one. Certain songs would come and chicks would grab the closest guy, pull them on the dance floor and grind you to a pulp. It was a beautiful thing. If you knew the words to the song your chances of getting attacked went up 50%. This was my experience with Sink the Pink.

When I recently watched the US festival and saw all those people doing the
80's dance I just laughed. I never saw that dance. We did the "pelvic dance" and grinded back then. There was nothing cheesy about my 80's experience and I see girls wearing leopard print and F' me pumps again these days so like music, fashion is a cyclical thing.

The band Charm City Devils used to be called Child's Play back in the 80's & early 90's and their song My Bottle was HUGE around here. If you like ac/dc type music I highly recommend picking up Child's Play cd Rat Race. It blows away Charm City Devils and some songs are still played on radio stations around here 20 years later. Kix, Wrathchild (America) and Child's Play ruled this town back then and through Reunions and facebook parties people get to experience a little slice of what it was like back then. The only difference is now we just call it Cougar hunting! hahahaha