PDA

View Full Version : Primal Fear -- St. Paul, MN -- September 7th, 2009

jeremysaal
09-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Tour: 16.6 (Before The Devil Knows You're Dead)
Support: Athiest, Novembers Doom, and others (Minnesota Metal Fest)
Venue: Station 4, St. Paul, MN
Date: September 7, 2009

What an awesome show! I showed up a few minutes before Novembers Doom took the stage. I ended up walking right up to the rail. The place was very close to empty. Novembers Doom sounded good. Athiest, however, tore it up! I couldn't get enough of these guys.

Primal Fear finally took the stage in front of no more than 300 people. I couldn't believe it. An awesome band, but not much of a crowd. They sounded awesome! They had a different guitarist there last night and I don't recall his name, other than the fact that he is from Spain. He played a Fender Strat. all night and tore it up. He totally resembled Steve Harris. The guy looked very familiar, but I just can't place the guy. Hopefully, one of you guys going to the other few shows in the US will be able to let me know who he is. I am just getting into these guys, so I don't know too much about them, so pardon my ignorance here.

Set List:

Intro
Under The Radar
Battalions Of Hate
Killbound
Nuclear Fire
Six Times Dead (16.6)
Angel In Black
Guitar Solo
Sign Of Fear
Fighting The Darkness
Riding The Eagle
Final Embrace
Band Introduction
Metal Is Forever

Chainbreaker

The show started late and there are two songs on the set list that did not get played last night. Hopefully, some of you will get to hear them. Those two missing songs are:

Hands Of Time
Seven Seals

Maiden33
09-08-2009, 10:03 AM
The mystery man on guitar is Alex Beyrodt, guitarist of Silence Force, as well as various other projects.
I'll be seeing Primal Fear in NYC on Saturday, I am downright giddy in anticipation.

JuuKun
09-08-2009, 01:47 PM
That's a pretty nice set, glad you enjoyed them. They're awesome live, and everyone who has a chance should go. I, though, can't make it to the NYC date, but prefer the setlist I saw anyways so I'm not terribly upset over it (though they'd be great to see anyway). If they actually played Armageddon or Lightyears from Home it'd be a different story alltogether.

MPF
09-08-2009, 01:50 PM
I was also there. The entire show was amazing. I was right up to the front the entire Metalfest.

Primal Fear was of course incredible.

Atheist was the biggest highlight for me because Steve Flynn is one of biggest inpirations on the drums. His other band Gnostic was incredible as well.

I got Novembers Doom setlist. I'll post it later when I get it.

Overall badass show!

Maiden33
09-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Does anyone have any information about shirts, namely how much they were selling them for? I need to know how much money to bring on Saturday.

MPF
09-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I didn't any shirts for sale for any band over $20.

Maiden33
09-08-2009, 04:35 PM
I didn't any shirts for sale for any band over $20.

Alright awesome.

Palabra de Dios
09-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Can't wait to see Primal Fear at ProgPower USA in Atlanta. Great festival. Gonna be awesome!