PDA

View Full Version : Gigantour lineup?

mastodon421
09-06-2009, 08:06 AM
I just read a post on the Mayhem Fest forums and searched and found it a couple of other places that is the lineup for the next Gigantour.

Megadeth
Machine Head
All That Remains
Suicide Silence

Thoughts?

DethMaiden
09-06-2009, 08:28 AM
First of all, I'll believe it when it's official. Second, if it is, HOLY SHIT IT'S A NEW LOW.

Indestructible
09-06-2009, 08:46 AM
My only problem is suicide silence.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-06-2009, 08:49 AM
This is awful. I PRAY that this is some bullshit rumor, like the Bullet/A7X rumor that was spreading around couple of months back.

ChildrenofSodom
09-06-2009, 09:06 AM
I actually like All That Remains, a little bit, but I fucking hate Suicide Silence and Machine Head, and Megadeth isn't THAT good live.

makethemsuffer12
09-06-2009, 09:43 AM
I actually like All That Remains, a little bit, but I fucking hate Suicide Silence and Machine Head, and Megadeth isn't THAT good live.

I beg to differ. They are deffinately better than All That Remains live, and so are Machine Head.

JuuKun
09-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I like Megadeth, but that's as far as it extends. All That Remains aren't the worst but they're not very good either. Can't stand Machine Head or Suicide Silence.

I'll believe it when it's official, but if it's true, then pass.

Butcher of Birth
09-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Man... I'm still hoping for this:

Megadeth
Iced Earth
Testement
Machinehead
Devildriver
Adagio

haha

mankvill
09-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Suicide Silence is the AIDS of the metal world.

b_halperin
09-06-2009, 11:05 AM

+1

I hope this isn't true. I really enjoy machine head and have been wanting tgo see them live for a while. all that remains has been at a steady decline in my opinion. They used to be my 2nd favorite band. Now I could honestly care less if they were on this lineup. and fuck suicide silence, its like a joke how almost every good tour gets ruined by them

TonyD
09-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Like Machine Head needs another support/festival spot.

This is obviously a "dream Gigantour" post from somebody who was stoked that JFAC and In Flames were on the last tour.

JuuKun
09-06-2009, 11:32 AM

Megadeth
Iced Earth
Testement
Machinehead
Devildriver
Adagio

haha

I'd see that in a heartbeat. Don't like MH or DD, but the rest of the lineup is gold - Adagio would be awesome.

Maiden33
09-06-2009, 12:16 PM

Megadeth
Iced Earth
Testement
Machinehead
Devildriver
Adagio

haha

Keep dreaming, especially concerning Adagio, haha.

Butcher of Birth
09-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Keep dreaming, especially concerning Adagio, haha.

haha it could happen? lol

I talked to Shawn and he said he is good friends with them and that he would love to tour with them in the states. So my friend and I started the US Adagio Streetteam, and are in contact with Adagio. We are trying to get them to contact Megadeth Management about playing. Shawn says thats all it really takes.

Maiden33
09-06-2009, 12:32 PM
haha it could happen? lol

I talked to Shawn and he said he is good friends with them and that he would love to tour with them in the states. So my friend and I started the US Adagio Streetteam, and are in contact with Adagio. We are trying to get them to contact Megadeth Management about playing. Shawn says thats all it really takes.

Adagio just don't strike me as the type of band who have nearly the US support to warrant a tour, or even consider one. I don't think any one of their albums has ever had any form of decent distribution here.

ChildrenofSodom
09-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I beg to differ. They are deffinately better than All That Remains live, and so are Machine Head.

I was fine with seeing Into Eternity, Arch Enemy, and Opeth, and then sitting through Sanctity and Lamb of God to see Megadeth. But I'm not sitting through this line up to see a band I've already seen twice.

Metal_Head
09-06-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't care what anyone says, I'd flip a shit for this tour. ATR and SS are two of my favorite bands and I'm also a fan of Machine Head and Megadeth. While this lineup may not be confirmed yet, it has been confirmed by Suicide Silence that they will be on this for sure.

mankvill
09-06-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't care what anyone says, I'd flip a shit for this tour. ATR and SS are two of my favorite bands and I'm also a fan of Machine Head and Megadeth. While this lineup may not be confirmed yet, it has been confirmed by Suicide Silence that they will be on this for sure.

:nonono:

UnleashTheWolves
09-06-2009, 02:54 PM
I dont see why suicide silence has to be everywhere. I mean they dont ruin the tour for me cause I like the rest of the bands. If ss could atleast scream and growl better I would be fine with them.:horns:

rjturtle9
09-06-2009, 04:02 PM
fuck suicide silence, its like a joke how almost every good tour gets ruined by them

this pretty much sums up every thread that has SS mentioned

UnleashTheWolves
09-06-2009, 04:14 PM
You cant let ss ruin a live performance of great bands like Machine Head and Megadeth.:horns:

ravenheart
09-06-2009, 04:24 PM
I doubt this is the real line-up. I can't see MegaDave going from the likes of Dream Theater, Nevermore and Overkill to All That Remains and Suicide Silence...

Mind you, last year's was much smaller and much weaker than before.

The previous rumours for this year were Bullet For My Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold.

Dave should put a proper thrash tour together. There are loads of great thrash bands on tour these days, old and new. Plenty to choose from at all price ranges.

xStructualDefect
09-06-2009, 04:27 PM
i know everyone hates them but i'm actually looking forward to SS. All That Remains always puts on a good show every time i see them so i'm looking forward to them if they're on this. i'd love to see machine head again and hopefully they'll get a longer set than 30minutes as the past 2x i've seen them. megadeth would also be pretty awesome to see again.

too bad i missed '06 with LOG, Opeth, Arch Enemy, and Into Eternity. i love all those bands.

mankvill
09-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I doubt this is the real line-up. I can't see MegaDave going from the likes of Dream Theater, Nevermore and Overkill to All That Remains and Suicide Silence...

Mind you, last year's was much smaller and much weaker than before.

The previous rumours for this year were Bullet For My Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold.

Dave should put a proper thrash tour together. There are loads of great thrash bands on tour these days, old and new. Plenty to choose from at all price ranges.

Megadeth
Overkill
Testament
Skeletonwitch
Warbringer

dere we go

xStructualDefect
09-06-2009, 04:35 PM

to attract the younger audience i'm guessing. they fill up the venues. i know for sure last year a lot of the younger audience went for Bodom, JFAC, and In Flames.

b_halperin
09-06-2009, 04:44 PM
to attract the younger audience i'm guessing. they fill up the venues. i know for sure last year a lot of the younger audience went for Bodom, JFAC, and In Flames.

its still sickening

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-06-2009, 04:51 PM
SS

xStructualDefect
09-06-2009, 04:52 PM
true but that's how kids with sometimes shitty taste get into better bands.

ChildrenofSodom
09-06-2009, 05:00 PM
true but that's how kids with sometimes shitty taste get into better bands.

What douchenozzle hasn't heard of Megadeth?

xStructualDefect
09-06-2009, 05:02 PM
What douchenozzle hasn't heard of Megadeth?

not saying they haven't heard of them just saying maybe some lame scenesters will go only for SS, and they like Megadeth's set a lot so they become fans after that.

mankvill
09-06-2009, 05:14 PM
I'll take empty venues filled with diehard metal fans for diehard metal bands than a filled to capacity show with scenesters only there for suicide silence.

es156
09-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Megadeth
Overkill
Testament
Skeletonwitch
Warbringer

dere we go

How 'bout....

Megadeth
Testament
Death Angel
Overkill
Skeletonwitch

DethMaiden
09-06-2009, 05:31 PM
The 2005 and 2006 Gigantour bills were awesome (minus Lamb of God and the two openers in 2006). Plenty of diversity, but all generally respected metal acts.

IrritatedTrout
09-06-2009, 05:31 PM
I stopped beiliving Gigantour rumors after last winter's BFMV/A7X scare. I don't doubt a shit band (like SS) will get on this tour but hopefully MegaDave brings a few good ones out too.

mankvill
09-06-2009, 05:35 PM
How 'bout....

Megadeth
Testament
Death Angel
Overkill
Skeletonwitch

Overkill above Death Angel and you have yourself a deal! :blaze:

UnleashTheWolves
09-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Megadeth
Overkill
Testament
Skeletonwitch
Warbringer

dere we go

Testament might go after overkill:horns:

xStructualDefect
09-06-2009, 06:06 PM
I'll take empty venues filled with diehard metal fans for diehard metal bands than a filled to capacity show with scenesters only there for suicide silence.

it won't make the band or tour promoters much money though. that's why they add bands that attract younger audiences to fill up the venues. hence adding Born of Osiris and Winds of Plauge to Summer Slaughter, and there's many other examples.

UnleashTheWolves
09-06-2009, 06:12 PM
it won't make the band or tour promoters much money though. that's why they add bands that attract younger audiences to fill up the venues. hence adding Born of Osiris and Winds of Plauge to Summer Slaughter, and there's many other examples.

There are much better bands to attract younger audiences than suicide silence.:horns:

JuuKun
09-06-2009, 07:04 PM
I completely forgot that Nevermore was on the first Gigantour. And 06 was pretty nice with Opeth/Arch Enemy...

If this really is the lineup for next year - god DAMN, it's not like Dave ran out of good bands to choose, so what the fuck happened?

TonyD
09-06-2009, 07:11 PM
I completely forgot that Nevermore was on the first Gigantour. And 06 was pretty nice with Opeth/Arch Enemy...

If this really is the lineup for next year - god DAMN, it's not like Dave ran out of good bands to choose, so what the fuck happened?

That's not the real lineup
This is:

Megadeth
Led Zepplin
Strapping Young Lad
Childrin of Bodem

Butcher of Birth
09-06-2009, 08:06 PM
That's not the real lineup
This is:

Megadeth
Led Zepplin
Strapping Young Lad
Childrin of Bodem

Yeah it was confirmed on Wikipedia. Hollister is the Sponsor.

rjturtle9
09-07-2009, 01:25 AM
How 'bout....

Megadeth
Testament
Death Angel
Overkill
Skeletonwitch

i really doubt it will turn into a thrash tour. dave always said that he saw Gigantour as a tour with progressive and shredding guitar playing, hence where you get Bodom, Dream Theater, and all those other bands. never really understood why he put Lamb of God in there for a year though...

and SS will not be apart of it because Dave said it himself on stage at the first Slayer co headlining show that SS were out of place. thought it was kinda funny.

xStructualDefect
09-07-2009, 03:29 AM
and SS will not be apart of it because Dave said it himself on stage at the first Slayer co headlining show that SS were out of place. thought it was kinda funny.

from what i've heard some fans have said they talked to someone from SS on the pedal to the metal tour and they said they were going on tour with megadeth soon.

Metal_Head
09-07-2009, 07:23 AM
i really doubt it will turn into a thrash tour. dave always said that he saw Gigantour as a tour with progressive and shredding guitar playing, hence where you get Bodom, Dream Theater, and all those other bands. never really understood why he put Lamb of God in there for a year though...

I talked to the band and they confirmed that they were on Gigantour. Other fans have also been talking to Suicide Silence and they confirmed Machine Head was on it too.

Jochen
09-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Although this isn't the best lineup, it is much better than the rumors from earlier this year. Also, I'm not at all surprised about Machine Head, but it took a while. And if Dave really wants a progressive/shred tour, he should include Cynic.

mastodon421
09-07-2009, 08:00 AM
+1

I hope this isn't true. I really enjoy machine head and have been wanting tgo see them live for a while. all that remains has been at a steady decline in my opinion. They used to be my 2nd favorite band. Now I could honestly care less if they were on this lineup. and fuck suicide silence, its like a joke how almost every good tour gets ruined by them

I can see what you are saying about SS i dont mind them. The only reason i quoted this is because i am the only person that doesnt care about one shit band on the bill. Suicide Silence doest ruin the bill they are one band

b_halperin
09-07-2009, 09:03 AM
I can see what you are saying about SS i dont mind them. The only reason i quoted this is because i am the only person that doesnt care about one shit band on the bill. Suicide Silence doest ruin the bill they are one band

its still gonna be depressing going to a megadeth show and seeing the crowd full of scenecore hxc dbags.

TonyD
09-07-2009, 09:59 AM
its still gonna be depressing going to a megadeth show and seeing the crowd full of scenecore hxc dbags.

You mean people that use the word dbags?

mankvill
09-07-2009, 10:42 AM
I would honestly take Bullet for my Valentine over Suicide Silence.

es156
09-07-2009, 12:47 PM
I would honestly take Bullet for my Valentine over Suicide Silence.

Suicide Silence must really suck.

DethMaiden
09-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Suicide Silence must really suck.

You have no idea. I've seen Bullet for My Valentine once and Suicide Silence twice, and as bad as seeing BFMV was, I wish I would have had the chance to see them three times instead.

Natrlhi
09-07-2009, 02:36 PM
First of all, I'll believe it when it's official. Second, if it is, HOLY SHIT IT'S A NEW LOW.

This.

Natrlhi
09-07-2009, 02:36 PM

..and this.

Natrlhi
09-07-2009, 02:37 PM

...and finally, this. Thread over.

xStructualDefect
09-07-2009, 03:03 PM

hiiighly doubt this will happen. SS fans won't pay $50 bux to see SS play a 30min set that won't get much of a crowd response. they'll be a few but not many.

JuuKun
09-07-2009, 03:07 PM

Well, to you, maybe.

But, to ME, this is a bill with three shit bands, and Megadeth, which sort of does ruin the bill.

DethMaiden
09-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Well, to you, maybe.

But, to ME, this is a bill with three shit bands, and Megadeth, which sort of does ruin the bill.

Likewise.

Seriously, 2005 had Megadeth, Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Nevermore, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Life of Agony, Symphony X, Dry Kill Logic, and Bobaflex. That's a festival amount of bands, first of all, and 6/9 of them are good if not great bands.

2006 was Megadeth, Lamb of God, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Overkill, Into Eternity, Sanctity, and The Smashup. This time 5/8 of the bands were good, even if the shit was starting to stink worse and climb to the direct support position.

2007 didn't happen. The downward spiral begins.

2008 was Megadeth, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Job for a Cowboy, and High on Fire. For me, that's just Megadeth, but I know there's some cred left on that bill for some people.

And now all the rumors for the new lineup are awful. Megadeth might not totally suck yet (then again, they might ;)), but Gigantour is in its grave.

EDIT: I really really wish I had been able to see the 2005 show, but it was 18+ in Cincinnati and at the time I was 15. :lol: :(

UnleashTheWolves
09-07-2009, 03:32 PM
To me the only bad band there is ss.:horns:

mastodon421
09-07-2009, 03:42 PM

i dont think that many scene kids will show up well at least hopefully not.

mankvill
09-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Think about it.

Scene kids have tons of money from their parents to spend on clothes and hair products to make them look like fucking imbeciles. They'd drop a fortune to see Suicide Silence throw sugar packets on the ground and record it.

UnleashTheWolves
09-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Has long as people arent swining their arms and legs in the air and calling it moshing during ss im fine.:horns:

mastodon421
09-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Think about it.

Scene kids have tons of money from their parents to spend on clothes and hair products to make them look like fucking imbeciles. They'd drop a fortune to see Suicide Silence throw sugar packets on the ground and record it.

LOL. that is very true scene kids are filthy rich and they do go apeshit everytime one deathcore band is on a bill with other metal bands . one postive is that SS is one of the few deathcore bands that i have seen live that didnt attract a shitload of slam dancers. I am still going no matter what Megadeth,Machine Head,All That Remains:drool:

IrritatedTrout
09-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Whoever it is I'd wager we'll know for sure pretty soon. If Deth will be doing NA dates both before and after the holidays like Dave has said then I'd imagine the first leg would be announced within a few days of Endgame's release.