PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Chains -- Philadelphia, PA -- September 5th, 2009

MusicDude415
09-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Last time I saw AiC was in 2007 when they opened for Velvet Revolver. They did not dissapoint one bit. The only bad part of the show was getting stuck behind a dude with long ass hair that kept getting thrown in my face. If I had scissors I would have cut it all off...asshole. Anyway. William was on point all night. It is really creepy how similar he sounds to Layne. They played 3 new songs, one of which I didnt really like at first listen (Acid Bubble), maybe it will grow on me.

**Any tip for anyone going to the Theatre of Living Arts in Philly. They dont let you line up in front of the TLA anymore. You have to line up in the alley next to it, right by South Street Steaks.**

Rain When I Die
Again
Check My Brain
Them Bones
Dam That River
A Looking In View
We Die Young
Nutshell (dedicated to Layne)
Love, Hate, Love
God Am
Acid Bubble
Angry Chair
Man in the Box
Would
-------
Dirt
No Excuses
Rooster

TonyD
09-05-2009, 10:05 PM
I don't wanna look, how many songs did they play?

maidenpriest
09-06-2009, 12:06 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing that at all.

JuuKun
09-06-2009, 05:13 AM
Okay, maybe I read that wrong, but are you seriously complaining because the person in front of you was headbanging?

makethemsuffer12
09-06-2009, 06:32 AM
Okay, maybe I read that wrong, but are you seriously complaining because the person in front of you was headbanging?

I believe he is. What a pussy :P

MusicDude415
09-06-2009, 06:48 AM

Not at all...i could care less if he was headbanging or not. The part that bothered me was the fact that the long fucking hair was being waved in my face all night. It just sucks when your short and the dude in front of you is a good 5 inches taller.

petrovar
09-06-2009, 07:52 AM
Nutshell (dedicated to Layne)

I swear, if they play Nutshell live at the Cleveland show, I will be able die happy

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-06-2009, 09:51 AM
What a fucking awesome setlists. I just wish they would play God Smack and I'd be set! It's a shame I can't make it to my local show...:(

Sanitarium78
09-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Nice set the only thing I would add would be Sea Of Sorrow and maybe something like Brush Away or Head Creeps. Is this venue general admission? If that was the case why exactly did you get stuck behind this guy headbanging. All you had to do was MOVE SOMEPLACE ELSE:eyes:

MusicDude415
09-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Nice set the only thing I would add would be Sea Of Sorrow and maybe something like Brush Away or Head Creeps. Is this venue general admission? If that was the case why exactly did you get stuck behind this guy headbanging. All you had to do was MOVE SOMEPLACE ELSE:eyes:

I wasnt going to move if I was 1 guy from the rail right in the center. I could see everything from where I was. Why give that up. In the end I got 2 pics, so i cant really complain all that much. Yes, the venue was GA. I paid 35 bucks for my ticket when people I talked to in line paid upwords of 100 bucks a ticket. This venue only really holds 1000-1200 people

JuuKun
09-06-2009, 10:48 AM
It just sucks when your short and the dude in front of you is a good 5 inches taller.

I know the feeling. I'm 5'3. Luckily, though, I don't usually have to deal with this because I almost always end up on the rail. :)

I'd like to see that set, though I'd want Bleed the Freak tossed in there too.

MusicDude415
09-06-2009, 11:02 AM
I know the feeling. I'm 5'3. Luckily, though, I don't usually have to deal with this because I almost always end up on the rail. :)

I'd like to see that set, though I'd want Bleed the Freak tossed in there too.

Yeah, I agree. Bleed the Freak would have been.

I thought I was golden getting to the venue 2 hrs before doors. But no! The line was already 20 people deep, thus getting 2nd row.

Sanitarium78
09-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I forgot to mention on my last post that I would've added Down In A Hole as well. I can't believe they forgot that don't they usually play that one? Also Rooster is a good song but am I the only one who thinks it's overrated and every other song on Dirt is better?

overkill13
09-06-2009, 02:44 PM
I was pissed they were playing at the TLA. It's such a small, shitty place. AIC could've easily played the Electric Factory, then it wouldn't have sold out so fast, if at all. I didnt get my tix fast enough, and there was no way I was paying $100-200 for a ticket for a place that would be so packed you cant move.

DethMaiden
09-06-2009, 02:45 PM
My brother is seeing them and I told myself I wouldn't be jealous because it's not Layne, but I kind of am. :snivel:

Altmer7989
09-07-2009, 12:06 AM
I want.

es156
09-07-2009, 08:25 AM
My brother is seeing them and I told myself I wouldn't be jealous because it's not Layne, but I kind of am. :snivel:

So apparently your brother is the smart one after all.

;)

DethMaiden
09-07-2009, 08:48 AM
So apparently your brother is the smart one after all.

;)

He's the one in Dayton where they're playing, not Bloomington where they aren't. :tongue:

es156
09-07-2009, 01:45 PM
He's the one in Dayton where they're playing, not Bloomington where they aren't. :tongue:

They are playing Indy on Saturday, September 12th.

DethMaiden
09-07-2009, 01:51 PM
They are playing Indy on Saturday, September 12th.

Yeah, I can't get up there. Transportation out of this town is impossible without a car, so I'm contented to skip it. We're playing Western Michigan in football at home that day, anyhow, so I'll still have a show. ;)