PDA

View Full Version : Big 4 Tour WTF?

makethemsuffer12
09-03-2009, 07:04 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126379

I have a strong feeling that this is BS, especially with Anthrax being, well, gay and all.

IrritatedTrout
09-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Big 4 Tour WTF?
Today 10:04 AM
by makethemsuffer12

Megadeth tour news
IrritatedTrout
Today 10:04 AM
by IrritatedTrout

Hivemind. :radar:

UnleashTheWolves
09-03-2009, 07:31 AM
The Thrash metal fans dream tour might come true. So are they going to end there feuds as they should of a long time ago. Seeing as they are all mid 40's they should let stuff go after over 20 years.

JRA
09-03-2009, 08:54 AM
I'll believe it when it's official. Though Eddie Trunk did say something on his blog about Lars mentioning an absolutely insane tour idea to him.

Natrlhi
09-03-2009, 09:37 AM
There have actually been rumblings about this for some time now - we'll see if it actually happens.

I guess I would be interested in Metallica and Slayer sharing the same stage. It has been several years since I've seen Metallica, and many more since I've seen Slayer (although I have seen them both at least three times each in the past). The Megadeth and Anthrax pieces of this don't really interest me anymore, to be quite honest. I liked them both in their day, but I've moved on a long time ago. They certainly don't detract from the interest of the show for me, but they don't add to it either.

Would be interesting to see if this materializes. I would expect very high ticket prices, and more hype than we have seen for a tour in a long time. That part, I would not look forward to.

Nat :horns:

TonyD
09-03-2009, 09:48 AM
This would be huge, not to mention a long night. You've gotta figure at least 75-90 minutes from everyone but Anthrax for decent sets.

SomewhereInTime72
09-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Amazing possible tour, I would love to see this happen.

illninoese
09-03-2009, 09:52 AM
I was floored when I read this. Hopefully it happens. If so, I will be at every Florida date.

ChildrenofSodom
09-03-2009, 09:57 AM
How the hell would they decide the playing order? Every single one of those guys has an oversized ego.

ravenheart
09-03-2009, 10:13 AM
How the hell would they decide the playing order? Every single one of those guys has an oversized ego.

The only question would be which way round Megadeth and Slayer play. I don't think even MegaDave and Kerry could legitimately deny Metallica are the biggest of the four now and should headline.

Based on European tour activity in the last few years I'd say Slayer are doing better than Megadeth in terms of popularity and ticket sales. Don't know what it's like over there.

If this happens I would expect Megadeth and Slayer to get an hour each and Metallica to do 90 minutes. 45 for Anthrax.

mankvill
09-03-2009, 10:52 AM
would be chief.

but come on.

UnleashTheWolves
09-03-2009, 10:58 AM
i think it would go

Anthrax(65 minutes)
Slayer(75-80 minutes)
Megadeth(90 minutes proboly more)
Metallica(2hrs+)

DethMaiden
09-03-2009, 11:39 AM
i think it would go

Anthrax(65 minutes)
Slayer(75-80 minutes)
Megadeth(90 minutes proboly more)
Metallica(2hrs+)

Bullshit.

Anthrax (30 minutes)
Slayer (45-50 minutes)
Megadeth (60 minutes)
Metallica (80 minutes)

Tops.

ADD
09-03-2009, 11:41 AM
How 2009 :rolleyes: I'm down tho :allan:

JRA
09-03-2009, 12:06 PM
How 2009 :rolleyes:

What the hell does that mean?

mankvill
09-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Bullshit.

Anthrax (30 minutes)
Slayer (45-50 minutes)
Megadeth (60 minutes)
Metallica (80 minutes)

Tops.

nonon ooonfaosdfnaosd

LIKE THIS:

Testament (30 minutes)
Anthrax (50 minutes)
Slayer (80 minutes)
Megadeth (80 minutes)
Metallica (100 minutes)

And Slayer and Megadeth rotate.

Maiden33
09-03-2009, 12:37 PM
If this happened, I might actually go. No promises, but I'd consider it.

Div
09-03-2009, 12:50 PM
I would obviously be going to this, and so would every other metalhead in the world, meaning tickets are going to be really expensive. would be cool to have some kind of tour shirt with all 4 bands on it tho.

UnleashTheWolves
09-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Bullshit.

Anthrax (30 minutes)
Slayer (45-50 minutes)
Megadeth (60 minutes)
Metallica (80 minutes)

Tops.

No matter how long the other bands get metallica will always play atleast a 2hr set.

Jochen
09-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Unless Slayer and Megadeth rotate slots, Slayer will most likely play after Megadeth, because from shows I've seen, Slayer definitely plays larger venues. Anyways, my guess for set times, although not ideal...

Anthrax - 40 minutes
Megadeth - 65 minutes
Slayer - 65 minutes
Metallica - 90 minutes

UnleashTheWolves
09-03-2009, 01:09 PM
I just think metallica will play atleast two hours.

JuuKun
09-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Despite how expensive ticket prices would be, if this ever actually happened I'd probably go.

Though, I'd be much more excited for Sodom/Destruction/Tankard/Kreator or something like that :)

DethMaiden
09-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Despite how expensive ticket prices would be, if this ever actually happened I'd probably go.

Though, I'd be much more excited for Sodom/Destruction/Tankard/Kreator or something like that :)

TEUTONFEST

UnleashTheWolves
09-03-2009, 01:42 PM
An awsome tour like this might happen and people are wanting things changed.

JuuKun
09-03-2009, 02:03 PM
An awsome tour like this might happen and people are wanting things changed.

Believe it or not, not everyone considers the "Big 4" the be-all end-all best of Thrash Metal.

SomewhereInTime72
09-03-2009, 02:17 PM
nonon ooonfaosdfnaosd

LIKE THIS:

Testament (30 minutes)
Anthrax (50 minutes)
Slayer (80 minutes)
Megadeth (80 minutes)
Metallica (100 minutes)

Minus testament since they haven't really been mentioned, this is pretty much how I'd imagine it to go down.

Maiden33
09-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Believe it or not, not everyone considers the "Big 4" the be-all end-all best of Thrash Metal.

Amusing anecdote:

When discussing this tour with someone else, who isn't familiar with the term "The Big 4" as you or I may be, they could not, for the life of them guess all the bands. They instantly guessed Megadeth and Anthrax, but guessed all sorts of other bands (Overkill, Testament, etc) before the actual most popular 2. I think this says a lot about how the general public views Metallica. I've been saying this for years now, but as far as public perception is concerned, Metallica are a pop band who play metal, and long ago were a thrash band.

ravenheart
09-03-2009, 03:50 PM

I see Tankard on Sunday :D

JRA
09-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Amusing anecdote:

When discussing this tour with someone else, who isn't familiar with the term "The Big 4" as you or I may be, they could not, for the life of them guess all the bands. They instantly guessed Megadeth and Anthrax, but guessed all sorts of other bands (Overkill, Testament, etc) before the actual most popular 2.

That's...really, really, really, really funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Butcher of Birth
09-03-2009, 04:47 PM
I gotta go with the following Set-Times: From Last To First

Metallica - 90 Minutes
Megadeth - 70 Minutes
Slayer - 60 Minutes
Anthrax - 45 Minutes

I think in all fairness everyone, including Dave Mustaine KNOWS Metallica will headline, and that Anthrax will open. Plus, besides being not a co-headliner, Megadeth would undoubtly play over Slayer, just makes sense.

But how sick would it be if this tour did happen? Crazy idea, but what if the off-dates had local bands open for whoever and it was just a whole tour of celebrating Metal. That would be awesome, everyone just being true fans of Metal.

You have your Marketable Metal with Megadeth and Metallica, your Extreme with Slayer, and just Thrash with Anthrax, it's what made Metal what it is today.

Now THAT is "THRASH AND BURN"... Suck it Oceano.

Div
09-03-2009, 04:51 PM
nonon ooonfaosdfnaosd

LIKE THIS:

Testament (30 minutes)
Anthrax (50 minutes)
Slayer (80 minutes)
Megadeth (80 minutes)
Metallica (100 minutes)

that would be cool, if overkill would fill in for testament at the NJ/NY shows.

UnleashTheWolves
09-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Its the big four of thrash tour. Thats all you need is the big 4. Maybe someone else to replace anthrax if they dont do it and I belive Metallica will play atleast 2hrs there are to many great songs needed to be played and it will go over 90 minutes.

Div
09-03-2009, 05:41 PM
metallica playing 2 hours? id probably walk out half way through that one.

JuuKun
09-03-2009, 05:49 PM
I see Tankard on Sunday :D

Bastard. Let me know how they are.

UnleashTheWolves
09-03-2009, 05:58 PM
metallica playing 2 hours? id probably walk out half way through that one.

Why. Have you seen their all there sets this year. All atleast 2hrs or a little more.

ADD
09-03-2009, 07:13 PM
What the hell does that mean?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/boltthrow/gif%201/Nutbuster_Fail.gif

Natrlhi
09-03-2009, 07:38 PM
^ fukow

That was brutal to watch...a dozen times. Fuck.

es156
09-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Oh man, that video made me laugh so hard, ha ha.

And yeah, there is no way this tour happens. No way.

JRA
09-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Go fuck yourself, Addi.

TonyD
09-03-2009, 09:25 PM
MUSTAINE Talks A Lot Of Sh*t, Apologizes For It, Then Continues Talking Sh*t (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126433)
truf

Natrlhi
09-03-2009, 09:38 PM
MUSTAINE Talks A Lot Of Sh*t, Apologizes For It, Then Continues Talking Sh*t (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126433)
truf

...and that's why I couldn't give a shit less if Megadeth were on a tour with Slayer and Metallica or not. Mustaine is a major douche, and he always has been. Metallica is so lucky they got rid of him and his shitty attitude early in their collective career.

TonyD
09-03-2009, 09:46 PM
I know he's a douche, I just laugh. I could really care less since he eclipses Metallica in every way in the past two decades.
In fact, you could make an argument that "tallica" is a bigger band of douches because they think they're the shit, act like it, put out shitty music and charge an arm and a leg for tickets.

Natrlhi
09-03-2009, 10:11 PM
I know he's a douche, I just laugh. I could really care less since he eclipses Metallica in every way in the past two decades.
In fact, you could make an argument that "tallica" is a bigger band of douches because they think they're the shit, act like it, put out shitty music and charge an arm and a leg for tickets.

Well, I guess. I never had a problem with Kirk, and Rob has always been a cool cat. Lars is a fucking whiny bitch - no news there. James has had his moments, but I honestly think he is trying to be less of a prick these days. Still, the ticket prices are what's kept me away from the last couple of tours, I'll give you that.

After all's said and done, though, they kind of ARE the shit, though - right? They're fucking Metallica. ;)
(They had a few shitty albums, so did Slayer. Oh well. Get the fuck over it, everybody. So did Maiden.)

rjturtle9
09-03-2009, 10:18 PM
FUCK how i am late on this.

all i got to say about this tour if it is true is: :drool::rocker::wow:

Maiden33
09-03-2009, 10:24 PM

Word.

I can never get over how much people in certain bands want to talk shit about other bands. It seems especially bad concerning all of these bands. I swear once a week or more often on Blabbermouth there is a headline about someone saying something about someone else. It's become like really petty high-school drama.

TonyD
09-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Well, I guess. I never had a problem with Kirk, and Rob has always been a cool cat. Lars is a fucking whiny bitch - no news there. James has had his moments, but I honestly think he is trying to be less of a prick these days. Still, the ticket prices are what's kept me away from the last couple of tours, I'll give you that.

After all's said and done, though, they kind of ARE the shit, though - right? They're fucking Metallica. ;)
(They had a few shitty albums, so did Slayer. Oh well. Get the fuck over it, everybody. So did Maiden.)

Rob isn't much of anything other than a bystander in Metallica.
Yeah everybody puts out a bad album, the difference is Slayer and Megadeth have put out a fair amount of music worth listening to in the past 15 years.

Sanitarium78
09-08-2009, 07:42 PM
I would love for this to happen. I read on Blabbermouth that Scott Ian said he's excited about this idea. So that might be a good sign that it'll actually happen if the artists are starting to talk about it. Except for Anthrax who's without a singer anyway the other 3 got tour commintments coming up so i'm thinking if it does go down it won't be til next spring/summer.

TonyD
09-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Of course Scott Ian is excited about it, anything that gets him more publicity is exciting for him.
That's why he loves VH1. VH1 acts like he's a somebody, so he gets to act like he's a somebody.

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Of course Scott Ian is excited about it, anything that gets him more publicity is exciting for him.
That's why he loves VH1. VH1 acts like he's a somebody, so he gets to act like he's a somebody.

Harsh, but true. ;)

mankvill
09-15-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=127040

ROBERT TRUJILLO Confirms METALLICA Is 'Working On' 'Big Four' Tour

b_halperin
09-15-2009, 09:38 PM
It just occured to me how much tickets will cost to a show like this??

The Ancient Mariner
09-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Metallica :rocker: Megadeth :rocker: Slayer :rocker: Anthrax :eyes:

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/%E2%80%98the-big-four%E2%80%99-to-tour-kerry-king-says-it-could-happen/

What do you guys think? Are these still the big four?

What about Machine Head :horns: or Testament :blaze: ... ???

Tickets anyone ... :eek:

JRA
09-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Jesus fucking Christ, I do not want to hear anymore about this shit unless it's official!

This reminds me of all those Anthrax Ozzfest rumors back in 2005. Everybody thought Anthrax was gonna reunite be on and there and then, whoops! No fucking Anthrax.

Man it wasn't that long ago that people knew how to keep a fucking secret. When Priest was on Ozzfest, nobody saw that shit coming. And when it was announced, we were all slapped across the face by the cock of awesome.

Oh yea, and you're in the wrong forum. Tool.

eyekantspele
09-16-2009, 02:59 PM
I wouldnt want to see Machine head or testament instead of anthrax. I want to see all of the big four in one night. unless of course of of those bands were opening for all four of the others.

mankvill
09-16-2009, 02:59 PM
WHAT THE FUCK

Travis The Dragon
09-16-2009, 03:07 PM
PLEASE let this happen and come to Minnesota!

The Ancient Mariner
09-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh yea, and you're in the wrong forum. Tool.

Thanks for pointing that out ... got your attention though ... job done!

Travis The Dragon
09-16-2009, 03:10 PM

You could have gotten our attention just at easily by posting in the correct forum.;)

The Ancient Mariner
09-16-2009, 03:12 PM
You could have gotten our attention just at easily by posting in the correct forum.;)

Okay ... I'll remember that for next time! ;)

mankvill
09-16-2009, 03:21 PM

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11182

eyekantspele
09-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Probably at least a $100 minimum. I hope its a stadium tour.