PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth - Endgame

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Ever since hearing "Head Crusher", I had a lot of hopes for this album. I thought the song was full of what Megadeth could bring out, thrashy riffs, thrashy beats, and thrashy vocals. I thought it was an awesome track immediatlely upon release. Then "1320'" came out, and I thought it was another good track, not as good as HC, but still good. And THEN, the title track came out. It was such a different style than both HC and 1320', and it just reminded me so much of Countdown-ish tempo and vibe, I loved it a lot. That's really why Megadeth are my favorite band, they've practically released different records each time, instead of rehashing the same thing every time (note the word practically, because recently a lot of it has been following the same sort of formula, but compared to plenty of other bands, I think they're doing just fine). Anyway, 44 Minutes came out after that as well, and I thought it was cool, even though it was a big ripoff of the "Domination" riff. And very recently, I found information that the album had leaked, and me being the pirate I am, it is now on my computer :pirate:. It opens with "Dialectic Chaos" that opens with goes into a riff that reminds me a lot of "Into The Lungs Of Hell", really cool track. Then it goes perfectly into "This Day We Fight!", which is a really cool thrashy track, and the mid-section is so god-damned heavy! "Bite The Hand' is really melodic, especially at the verse. Reminds me a lot of a "So Far..." track, just with better production :tongue:. "Bodies" also has a really catchy groove to it, with a great harmony towards the end. "The Hardest Part Of Letting Go...Sealed With A Kiss" is an interesting track. It always sounded like a ballad, and I thought it would be, but I didn't think it would be good. Not just because I'm that guy who "doesn't like ballads and they aRe PHail", just because I didn't think Megadeth could really pull off a ballad, especially since they had totally rehashed "A Tout Le Monde", which was so unoriginal of Dave. I thought this one was really good though, the beginning is pretty emotional, has the nice chord progression and some nice vocals over it. Then it gets like almost "Cryptic Writings" like with some keyboard in the background, definately sounds like a track that could have been off of CW, which isn't bad for one track. The ending goes back to that mellow style too, ends with a cool orchestral outro. I just hope this doesn't become some stupid single/video that becomes the next big thing (not that I think it will). Overall, good track, I appreciate it and it thouroughly surprised me. "How The Story Ends" is a track that definately sounds like it came from an outtake of the UA sessions. That track took a couple of listens to really get into for me, but in the end I got it well and enjoy it as well as the others. The closer, "The Right To Go Insane", is a slower track reminiscent of "Youthanasia", very vocal driven with a sorta repetitive riff following the verse. The chorus is awesome, really memorable for me. And the whole last minute has a thrashy vibe, ending the album with a nice little bang. Also, fun thing I noticed first time I heard the end of the song, the very first riff that the fan club was able to hear is at 3:27 and 3:55 :D. Pointless fact, I know. Overall, I think that the album is what I was expecting: really strong and solid, good groundwork, but nothing new. As I said before, recently Megadeth have been following a similar formula with some tweaks here and there. Some fast tracks, more mid-tempo ones, and in every track at least a "thrashy" section, etc. To sum it up with no detail, it's pretty much a better "UA" in my opinion. Heavier (not that always necessarily means better, but in this case it does for me), faster, more emotion, better really. A solid record, definately up in my top 10. We'll see towards November how this fares with "Evangelion", "Crack The Skye", and when it's released, "World Painted Blood". I'll end it with props to Dave for releasing another solid, enjoyable record :rocker:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ca/Endgame_album_art.jpg

JRA
08-31-2009, 05:10 PM
A better UA? Everybody here hated United Abominations.

es156
08-31-2009, 05:44 PM
A better UA? Everybody here hated United Abominations.

Not everybody. ;)

I am looking forward to hearing Endgame.

kornisdabomb
08-31-2009, 11:32 PM
after two listens through i think this cd is a really good album and chris broderick is a beast in this cd. To me mastodon and alice in chains are the only ones that can beat it.

TonyD
09-01-2009, 08:34 AM
AHHH WALL OF TEXT

Butcher of Birth
09-02-2009, 04:34 AM
Megadeth being my favorite band of all time (even put them on my CLASS RING) I have to say, after 7-8 full listens, it's my 3rd Favorite Megadeth album.

If you are a Megadeth Fan on ANY level you will like this. Like Thrash? You got 2-3 Solid Tracks of it, Like The 90's Era? Oh there is plenty. And even the slow tempo song is made memorable by the fact the message is touching and the music to support it, a real winner if you go into the track wanting to just enjoy music.

Tracks that stand out for me: 44 Minutes, Bite The Hand, Endgame, Headcrusher, The Hardest Part of Letting Go... Sealed With A Kiss, How the Story Ends, The Right to Go Insane.

Endgame, the song, sounds like it will open their shows.

Basically the whole album is great and an easy to listen through.

As my top 5 Megadeth Albums Rank Currently:
Youthanasia
Rust In Peace
Endgame
Countdown To Extinction
Cryptic Writings

(NOTE* My favorite style of Megadeth is the 90's Style. This may hold bias over my whole little review, but seeing how all Megadeth is Good Megadeth to me, minus So Far... and The World Needs, this is a great album, BUY IT!)

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Megadeth being my favorite band of all time (even put them on my CLASS RING) I have to say, after 7-8 full listens, it's my 3rd Favorite Megadeth album.

If you are a Megadeth Fan on ANY level you will like this. Like Thrash? You got 2-3 Solid Tracks of it, Like The 90's Era? Oh there is plenty. And even the slow tempo song is made memorable by the fact the message is touching and the music to support it, a real winner if you go into the track wanting to just enjoy music.

Tracks that stand out for me: 44 Minutes, Bite The Hand, Endgame, Headcrusher, The Hardest Part of Letting Go... Sealed With A Kiss, How the Story Ends, The Right to Go Insane.

Endgame, the song, sounds like it will open their shows.

Basically the whole album is great and an easy to listen through.

As my top 5 Megadeth Albums Rank Currently:
Youthanasia
Rust In Peace
Endgame
Countdown To Extinction
Cryptic Writings

(NOTE* My favorite style of Megadeth is the 90's Style. This may hold bias over my whole little review, but seeing how all Megadeth is Good Megadeth to me, minus So Far... and The World Needs, this is a great album, BUY IT!)

It's nice to see someone enjoys this album a lot. People that I've spoken to seem to thing it's worse than Risk, or that it's one of their worst albums, which is absurd to me in every which way. This album is awesome, and I agree with most of what you said (except you missed "This Day We Fight!" in your staples and you implied So Far is a bad album). I think this album is really awesome, it's already been growing on me for the past day or two that I've had it.

300%_Density
09-02-2009, 07:09 AM
I am also going to agree that this is a fine album. IMO probably the best thing they have done since Countdown, last couple albums had a few decent tracks but were still not that impressive. A few of the tracks that stand out for me was This Day We Fight, Endgame, Headcrusher, love the solo in the middle of 1320. Wow for some to say that it's worse than Risk are probably the same people that are still stuck in 1985.

Haven't got in what I would say is a good listen yet. Downloaded it and will definitley be buying on the 15th when it comes out. My faith in Megadave has been restored. Still really hoping for that Megadeth/Slayer tour when/if it comes around this fall. :rocker:

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-02-2009, 08:14 AM
The people who said it was terrible are friends of mine who have a basis that Dave Mustaine can't sing anymore (even though he arguably sounds just as close to how he did "back in the day" then he's ever before) and that there is not enough fast, thrshy tracks. They all enjoyed Headcrusher a lot, at 1320 they lost a little bit of interest, and once the title track came out they thought it was terrible and lost hope. Incomprehensive logic for me, but I ain't losing sleep.

Butcher of Birth
09-02-2009, 08:24 AM
I find So Far... their worst album on the basis there are 2 good tracks and the rest and hard to follow, it's odd it comes between Peace and Rust.

Spiral_Slave
09-02-2009, 08:54 AM
I've given it three full listen now, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. :horns:

DethMaiden
09-02-2009, 10:46 AM
The amount of praise some of you guys are giving this is pretty ridiculous. I'll be keeping a level head and my expectations low when I listen. I liked "Head Crusher" a lot and found "1,320'" and "Endgame" to be not so great. Right now it's on pace to be just like UA with one or two great songs and a lot of shit.

mastodon421
09-02-2009, 12:13 PM
This album is awesome. IMO best they have done since Rust In Peace.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-02-2009, 12:27 PM
The amount of praise some of you guys are giving this is pretty ridiculous. I'll be keeping a level head and my expectations low when I listen. I liked "Head Crusher" a lot and found "1,320'" and "Endgame" to be not so great. Right now it's on pace to be just like UA with one or two great songs and a lot of shit.

Look man, it's just opinions, leave us be. And not to sound like a jerk or anything, but I could definately categorize some of your album descriptions as ridiculous.

DethMaiden
09-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Look man, it's just opinions, leave us be. And not to sound like a jerk or anything, but I could definately categorize some of your album descriptions as ridiculous.

Sigh, I dunno man. I'm gonna listen to it but old bands putting out stuff that is allegedly as good as their classic stuff...doesn't happen. Just because it's Mustaine doesn't make it great.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Sigh, I dunno man. I'm gonna listen to it but old bands putting out stuff that is allegedly as good as their classic stuff...doesn't happen. Just because it's Mustaine doesn't make it great.

In regards to old bands making stuff better than classics, for the most part I agree with you completely. But I don't care what Mustaine says in terms that this is his best record since Rust, or whatever else. I just really like it and enjoy it for what it is, not just because Mustaine wrote it. Pretty much like any other band really, just cause it's Megadeth doesn't make the album any better worse, the only thing that determines that is the music. Only time I "care" about what bands say about their album is before it comes out, and even still I loosely care.

DethMaiden
09-02-2009, 01:21 PM
In regards to old bands making stuff better than classics, for the most part I agree with you completely. But I don't care what Mustaine says in terms that this is his best record since Rust, or whatever else. I just really like it and enjoy it for what it is, not just because Mustaine wrote it. Pretty much like any other band really, just cause it's Megadeth doesn't make the album any better worse, the only thing that determines that is the music. Only time I "care" about what bands say about their album is before it comes out, and even still I loosely care.

Yeah. I'm gonna listen to it but I'm not too into the band in general anymore, and I have very little patience with the melodic metal thing they're doing now. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised.

Butcher of Birth
09-02-2009, 04:28 PM
End of the day I wouldn't say it's the best thing since Rust, but it fills in the same "ness" of the records of the 90's. If I had to put it somewhere where it COULD have been in their career... Between Rust and Countdown, Countdown to Youth at the very least, nothing later. Most of the album falls into that area, where you do have one ot two that could be a mix of Writings and The World Needs.

I give the album a solid 8.75 out of 10. It's not 9 or higher, because only Rust and Youth have had that kinda effect on me.

P.S. Don't albums tend to be good to some more than others based on their personal idenity more than "if you like the band then you'll like this?" I just thought of that. I love Megadeth, but overall, not a fan of Thrash.

DethMaiden
09-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm reviewing this for Weekend, the weekly entertainment supplement to the daily campus newspaper. First full listen commences now.

EDIT: I'm on the instrumental intro and this is already better than United Abominations. :D

EDIT2: That wasn't bad at all. It didn't rock my world but it made me mostly forget UA and my first reaction is to give it something like a B- (the rating scale here is A to F, which is stupid). "Head Crusher" is still probably the highlight.

DethMaiden
09-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Here's my review in its still untouched by my editor form. Limited to 150 words so don't bitch if I didn't mention your favorite song. :tongue:

"Coming on the heels of 2007’s insipid United Abominations, any new Megadeth studio album would sound like a return to form, but frontman Dave Mustaine wouldn’t permit himself to be satisfied with that. Thankfully, the product is the best Megadeth album since Youthanasia dropped in 1994. In contrast with the middling melodic rock that plagued their last five albums, most of Endgame is honest-to-God thrash metal in the vein of what made the band famous in the first place. “This Day We Fight!” opens the album on a heavy note and lead single “Head Crusher”, written about a medieval torture device of the same name (iron maiden, anyone?), is the best song they’ve written in over a decade. The epic title track and obligatory ballad (“The Hardest Part of Letting Go…Sealed With a Kiss”) see Mustaine baring his soul to mostly positive results. Megadeth is back with a vengeance, and there’s nothing you can do."

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Here's my review in its still untouched by my editor form. Limited to 150 words so don't bitch if I didn't mention your favorite song. :tongue:

"Coming on the heels of 2007’s insipid United Abominations, any new Megadeth studio album would sound like a return to form, but frontman Dave Mustaine wouldn’t permit himself to be satisfied with that. Thankfully, the product is the best Megadeth album since Youthanasia dropped in 1994. In contrast with the middling melodic rock that plagued their last five albums, most of Endgame is honest-to-God thrash metal in the vein of what made the band famous in the first place. “This Day We Fight!” opens the album on a heavy note and lead single “Head Crusher”, written about a medieval torture device of the same name (iron maiden, anyone?), is the best song they’ve written in over a decade. The epic title track and obligatory ballad (“The Hardest Part of Letting Go…Sealed With a Kiss”) see Mustaine baring his soul to mostly positive results. Megadeth is back with a vengeance, and there’s nothing you can do."

:horns:

JRA
09-14-2009, 03:36 PM

"Coming on the heels of 2007’s insipid United Abominations, any new Megadeth studio album would sound like a return to form, but frontman Dave Mustaine wouldn’t permit himself to be satisfied with that. Thankfully, the product is the best Megadeth album since Youthanasia dropped in 1994. In contrast with the middling melodic rock that plagued their last five albums, most of Endgame is honest-to-God thrash metal in the vein of what made the band famous in the first place. “This Day We Fight!” opens the album on a heavy note and lead single “Head Crusher” -written about a medieval torture device of the same name (Iron Maiden, anyone?)- is the best song they’ve written in over a decade. The epic title track and obligatory ballad (“The Hardest Part of Letting Go…Sealed With a Kiss”) see Mustaine baring his soul to mostly positive results. Megadeth is back with a vengeance, and there’s nothing you can do."

Practicing copy editing, as I'll come across it sooner or later. :eyes:

Also if Headcrusher is the best song Dave's written in a decade, I will pass, fuck you very much.

TonyD
09-14-2009, 04:49 PM
The Tony approves.

EvilCheeseWedge
09-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Just picked it up... I'm hoping for somethin' good.

Natrlhi
09-15-2009, 08:21 AM
AHHH WALL OF TEXT
:lol: tehe

andrew_metalhead
09-16-2009, 10:54 PM
My review for the webzine Full Metal Rock

http://www.fullmetalrock.com/Reviews.html

mankvill
09-16-2009, 11:34 PM
awesome album.

best songs are this day we fight, bodies, and headcrusher

jhdeity
09-17-2009, 04:43 AM
Very entertaining thread. Tony's wall of text line made me snarf which is always a good thing. I agree with most of what I read on here but feel the need to defend So Far, So Good, So What.

Is is a great album, no. Does it hold it's place in time and have history and meaning to a true Megadeth fan, Fukkin right! Cliff Burton had just died, the Chris Poland drama is addressed, the PMRC and Tipper Gore were trying to ruin music, record companies were demanding covers and Dave was a full blown drug addict.

The songs referenced here are obviously In My Darkest Hour, Liar, Hook in Mouth, Anarchy in the UK & 502. Only 2 of those songs are great songs but when you add Into the Lungs of Hell & Set the World Afire you have 3 great songs, a not-hateful cover and an amazing instrumental.

That alone makes it better than 4 or 5 Megadeth albums to me.

Before hearing Head Crusher I was convinced I'd never purchase another Megadeth cd. Some of the shit they've put out is embarassing to say the least. Risk and UA make St. Anger sound like The New Order in all reality.

I'm glad Dave is back to doing thrash and I've only listened to Endgame twice but can already tell it's on the same level as Youthanasia which would at least make it purchaseable. When I see Youthanasia listed about albums like Killing is my Business I cringe but it's an age thing I guess. Looking down the Cross vs. A Tout le monde is a 1st round knockout all damn day long!

It might be time for a Megadeth album ranking thread...

EDIT: Oh and that site Andrew's review is on is pretty damn cool also http://www.fullmetalrock.com/Reviews.html

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-17-2009, 06:08 AM
Some of the shit they've put out is embarassing to say the least. Risk and UA make St. Anger sound like The New Order in all reality.

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

...I'm going to pretend I never read that.

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Before hearing Head Crusher I was convinced I'd never purchase another Megadeth cd. Some of the shit they've put out is embarassing to say the least. Risk and UA make St. Anger sound like The New Order in all reality.

My sentiments exactly, dude. Glad they changed my mind. :horns:

Dextrimental
09-17-2009, 06:32 PM
I hafta say, I love Endgame, and United Abominations for that matter. I think Endgame is an awesome return to Megadeths golden era, while still retaining the lessons they;ve learnt along the way throught the nineties etc. I also think United Abominations is great too, a real return to form for Dave, and a good signalling for the awesome things to come from Endgame. Just my two cents on the issue :)

Oh, and personally, I think So far, so good.... so what? sucks.. So shoot me.

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 06:35 PM
I hafta say, I love Endgame, and United Abominations for that matter. I think Endgame is an awesome return to Megadeths golden era, while still retaining the lessons they;ve learnt along the way throught the nineties etc. I also think United Abominations is great too, a real return to form for Dave, and a good signalling for the awesome things to come from Endgame. Just my two cents on the issue :)

Oh, and personally, I think So far, so good.... so what? sucks.. So shoot me.

I don't think Megadeth have a "great" album, a perfect 10 so to speak. What they do have is a very long career with a ton of mostly good albums. And Endgame is another one. That said, I think the closest thing to a perfect album they've done is So Far, So Good...So What!

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-17-2009, 06:41 PM
I don't think Megadeth have a "great" album, a perfect 10 so to speak.

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/religionnaire/artistes/megadeth/art/rust_in_peace.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
09-17-2009, 06:51 PM
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/religionnaire/artistes/megadeth/art/rust_in_peace.jpg

My thoughts exactly.

I would also rank the first 4-5 albums very highly and say they're all at least 8.5/10's.

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 06:52 PM

Tracks four through six are all very average.

JRA
09-17-2009, 06:55 PM

nope.

SomewhereInTime72
09-17-2009, 06:55 PM

No.

edit: haha, great minds think alike

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 06:56 PM
nope.

No.

:ass:

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-17-2009, 06:57 PM
My thoughts exactly.

I would also rank the first 4-5 albums very highly and say they're all at least 8.5/10's.

I definitely agree with you there. Hell, I'd put the first 6 albums up there at 8.5's minimum. Love em' all :D

And four through six? Five Magics, Poison Was The Cure, and Lucretia are fucking awesome, re-listen to them, please. Lucretia has one of Marty's finest solo's, and Five Magics progresses so well into this brutal thrash track, and Poison Was The Cure is just definitive thrash. Fastest song they've ever written :rocker:

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 06:59 PM
I definitely agree with you there. Hell, I'd put the first 6 albums up there at 8.5's minimum. Love em' all :D

And four through six? Five Magics, Poison Was The Cure, and Lucretia are fucking awesome, re-listen to them, please. Lucretia has one of Marty's finest solo's, and Five Magics progresses so well into this brutal thrash track, and Poison Was The Cure is just definitive thrash. Fastest song they've ever written :rocker:

I don't have anything against those songs per se, they just kind of fade into my subconscious whereas Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Take No Prisoners, Tornado of Souls and the title track are way more infectious in my opinion. And Dawn Patrol, well, I just think that's fun. :D

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-17-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't have anything against those songs per se, they just kind of fade into my subconscious whereas Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Take No Prisoners, Tornado of Souls and the title track are way more infectious in my opinion. And Dawn Patrol, well, I just think that's fun. :D

I can understand the infectious part, because I'm not gonna sit here and try and act true and say I got into Five Magics or Poison Was The Cure before Holy Wars, Hangar 18, etc. It's just after truly appreciating the "infectious" songs, I really started to dig those other ones, and they became infectious themselves. It's all taste really, still can't comprehend it though ;)

Oh and Dawn Patrol kicks ass :party:

ChildrenofSodom
09-17-2009, 07:16 PM

I MASTER...FIVE MAGICS!

priceless haha

JRA
09-17-2009, 07:25 PM
I think Five Magics, Poison and Lucretia all have their particular charm that makes them at worst "very good." I can concede that being on the high of the first three tracks is part of the enjoyment, but I think on their own they stand up just fine.

Dextrimental
09-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Rust in peae is epic. My favorite Megadeth album is Pace Sells, and id give at least seven of their albums an 8 at the very least. Megadeth have a hugely strong catalogue with very few weakpoints.

jhdeity
09-18-2009, 08:48 AM
It might seem funny to some but to me the true test of a band and their catalog is what songs go on a mix cd. If you were to make a cd of Megadeth's best songs most would come from the early cd's for me.

Personally my mix would have at least 2-3 songs of Killing is my Business and I doubt any cd after Extinction would have that many for me. I have a live version of Devil's Island that is godly and would have a hard time not putting songs like Black Friday & My Last Words on there.

80% of my cd would come from 4 albums and at least 2 from So Far, So Good, So What and probably 2 from Youthanasia leaving little space for anything else. I'm thinking Trust and HeadCrusher and maybe Almost Honest.

With some bands 1 cd isn't enough and I'm thinking Megadeth might have reached that level with Endgame. I'll throw it back in after the Gojira show and see.

mastodon421
09-18-2009, 09:28 AM

For sure Megadeth's best and one of my all time fave albums.

cradle_of_maiden
09-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Endgame is way better then Death Fagnetic will ever be

TonyD
09-20-2009, 02:25 AM
Endgame is way better then Death Fagnetic will ever be

Cool comment bro :stoned::rocker::rocker::rocker: :stoned:

SomewhereInTime72
10-10-2009, 09:11 PM
So this album totally blew away my expectations. Definitely better than both UA and TSHF in my opinion. Shit is rockin'. :horns: I love 44 Minutes.

Div
10-11-2009, 01:34 PM
yeah, this album is good. way better than metallica's latest attempt.

TonyD
10-11-2009, 03:37 PM
yeah, this album is good. way better than metallica's latest attempt.

Or 4 attempts. Especially considering that Megadeth takes about 2 years between releases as opposed to 5.

Now I'm starting to wonder, and I'd like to see what everyone else thinks, why did they (or he) improve so much from one album to the next?
IMO the only real solid track on UA was Sleepwalker, didn't like Washington or Burnt Ice, sorry. I think it's safe to say that This Day, 1,320, Endgame and Headcrusher are the standouts, all at or above the level of Sleepwalker (maaaaybe 44 too).
Could it be Broderick? He definitely adds depth to the band that it hasn't had since the "reunion", even though you could argue he is to Marty Friedman what Zakk Wylde was to Randy Rhoads.

DethMaiden
10-11-2009, 04:28 PM
I like Death Magnetic better than Endgame, actually, but I think I might like Metallica more than Megadeth too, so that comes down to taste.

But yeah, Endgame stomps all over UA, TWNAH, and Risk, and maybe even on System, too. This Day We Fight!, 44 Minutes, Endgame, Head Crusher, and The Hardest Part of Letting Go...Sealed With A Kiss are all better than anything on UA.

mastodon421
10-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Or 4 attempts. Especially considering that Megadeth takes about 2 years between releases as opposed to 5.

Now I'm starting to wonder, and I'd like to see what everyone else thinks, why did they (or he) improve so much from one album to the next?
IMO the only real solid track on UA was Sleepwalker, didn't like Washington or Burnt Ice, sorry. I think it's safe to say that This Day, 1,320, Endgame and Headcrusher are the standouts, all at or above the level of Sleepwalker (maaaaybe 44 too).
Could it be Broderick? He definitely adds depth to the band that it hasn't had since the "reunion", even though you could argue he is to Marty Friedman what Zakk Wylde was to Randy Rhoads.

Very accurate assesment on Broderick. I also believe that Broderick is the best thing to happen to Megadeth in years.

I know i am in the minority but i actually liked UA. Yes Endgame is much,much better but i found tracks like Sleepwalker and Washington is Next to be quite good.

IrritatedTrout
10-12-2009, 08:51 PM
I thought UA was unbelievable when it came out, I still think it's pretty good nowadays. Washington, UA, Burnt Ice, and NWA are all great tunes.

TonyD
10-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Anyone think this lineup will stick? It seems like he's found an arsenal of buttboys who get to play in one of the biggest metal bands ever, and Broderick gets to wank around however he likes (as long it's in the stye of Marty Friedman and to Mustaine's liking).

300%_Density
10-13-2009, 06:26 PM
I really didn't hate Death Magnetic (other than the album title) as much as others have on here. I still think I like Endgame more. But it still blows away United Abominations and really I don't think its really close. Seeing that there is prob only 1 Megadave album left, unless someone really messes up I wouldn't plan on a lineup change just b/c I don't think it would be worth it to change somebody else out in the band just b/c of the fact there is only 1 album left for Dave.

mastodon421
10-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Anyone think this lineup will stick? It seems like he's found an arsenal of buttboys who get to play in one of the biggest metal bands ever, and Broderick gets to wank around however he likes (as long it's in the stye of Marty Friedman and to Mustaine's liking).

Proably Not because Mustaine pisses everyone off.