-Ravenous
-Heart of Darkness
-We Will Rise
-Snowbound
-Nemesis
-Fields of Desolation

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Nice old school set, would love to see that with the current line-up. I have a feeling this is what they will be doing for their next couple of runs too, they are supporting the re-recordings of the first three. Hopefully we'll see some more gems pulled out :rocker:

Butcher of Birth
08-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Hopefully we have a Winter US Tour

Natrlhi
08-26-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that since the first grouping of songs is all old (Johan Liiva era) stuff, this might be some (or all) of the material that they are working on for the upcoming compilation "The Root of All Evil", which is supposed to consist of re-recorded stuff from the first three albums, performed by the current lineup. If so, the new album should be interesting...

EDIT: I did some checking, and I was right. The track listing for the new album is as follows:

1. The Root Of All Evil (Intro) (1:06)
2. Beast Of Man (3:45)
3. The Immortal (3:47)
4. Diva Satanica (3:48)
5. Demonic Science (5:24)
6. Bury Me An Angel (4:25)
7. Dead Inside (4:24)
8. Dark Insanity (3:25)
9. Pilgrim (4:50)
10. Demoniality (Instrumental) (1:40)
11. Transmigration Macabre (3:33)
12. Silverwing (4:22)
13. Bridge Of Destiny (7:53)

Indestructible
08-26-2009, 09:19 AM
I dont mind Arch Enemy but they would be much better if she could sing normal.

Spiral_Slave
08-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Hell yeah, I've been waiting for them to bring back The Immortal

Natrlhi
08-26-2009, 09:22 AM

This is officially the newest entry on the list of stupidest things I have ever heard.

The Ancient Mariner
08-26-2009, 09:25 AM

That would be like replacing Angela Gossow with Anette Olzon ... didn't Nightwish do that with Tarja??? And look what happened there!!! :eek:

Indestructible
08-26-2009, 09:27 AM
That would be like replacing Angela Gossow with Anette Olzon ... didn't Nightwish do that with Tarja??? And look what happened there!!! :eek:

Both nightwish eras are good.Musically arch enemy is good the vocals are ok but they would be so much better with someone singing normal.

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-26-2009, 09:28 AM
This is officially the newest entry on the list of stupidest things I have ever heard.

:lol:

It is, isn't it?

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Both nightwish eras are good.Musically arch enemy is good the vocals are ok but they would be so much better with someone singing normal.

There is no such thing as singing normal, what might be normal for you is very abnormal for another. Ignoramus.

Natrlhi
08-26-2009, 09:32 AM

We do not need yet another Evanescence / Lacuna Coil / In This Moment wannabe. Arch Enemy's entire claim to fame for the last nine years or so has been that they have an incredibly hot frontwoman on vocals who is not a gimmick. She is a badass metal wench who can shred the panties off all those other poseur bitches in all of those pussy mallcore bands. She's the real deal. Give me a screamer any day - you can keep your sweet-singing little prissy girls, and the bands they're in. Burn those CD's to keep you warm this winter, for all I care.

That's all I have to say about that. (Forrest)

Natrlhi
08-26-2009, 09:32 AM
There is no such thing as singing normal, what might be normal for you is very abnormal for another. Ignoramus.

:lol::party:

Indestructible
08-26-2009, 09:34 AM

Normal singing is not screaming

The Ancient Mariner
08-26-2009, 09:37 AM

Sorry, mate. I have to disagree. Personally I believe Nightwish were so much better and stronger with Tarja on vocals rather than Anette (although I do like Eva and Amaranth vocally).

Angela's vocals make Arch Enemy the band they are ... thrash/speed metallers. Metal up yer ass music!!! :rocker:

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-26-2009, 09:39 AM

Actually, that's not true, because in many genres of metal, screaming is normal (melodic death, death, thrash, black, etc.). Your lack of common sense frustrates me.

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-26-2009, 09:40 AM
:lol::party:
:usa:

Never thought I'd use that one :lol:

Natrlhi
08-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Angela's vocals make Arch Enemy the band they are ... thrash/speed metallers. Metal up yer ass music!!! :rocker:

:agree: This. Exactly.

brandon1160
08-26-2009, 09:46 AM
We do not need yet another Evanescence / Lacuna Coil / In This Moment wannabe. Arch Enemy's entire claim to fame for the last nine years or so has been that they have an incredibly hot frontwoman on vocals who is not a gimmick. She is a badass metal wench who can shred the panties off all those other poseur bitches in all of those pussy mallcore bands. She's the real deal. Give me a screamer any day - you can keep your sweet-singing little prissy girls, and the bands they're in. Burn those CD's to keep you warm this winter, for all I care.

That's all I have to say about that. (Forrest)

HELL YEAH!! :rocker:

JuuKun
08-26-2009, 09:52 AM

False. Considering the type of music they play, Angela growling is PERFECTLY normal singing.

If she started singing like Floor Jansen, I think I'd be a little weirded out. lol.

Back to the setlist, though, that's very nice looking, I'd like to see that. Diva Satanica was one of the first AE songs I heard, actually.
I've never seen Arch Enemy before - do they ever do Taking Back My Soul, or Carry The Cross, off of Doomsday Machine? Those are two I'd really like to see.

Natrlhi
08-26-2009, 10:03 AM
I've never seen Arch Enemy before
Me neither. Gotta remedy that ASAP. ;)

do they ever do Taking Back My Soul, or Carry The Cross, off of Doomsday Machine? Those are two I'd really like to see.
These are good, but I'd have to say I want to hear "Heart of Darkness" the most. That opening riff is the sickest thing they have ever done. I honestly have goosebumps right now as I type this, just thinking about it. :rockdevil:

EDIT: "Nemesis" is pretty badass, too (riff at 2:37...:rocker:)

Considering the type of music they play, Angela growling is PERFECTLY normal singing.

Diva Satanica was one of the first AE songs I heard, actually.

Mine was the above "Heart of Darkness". I actually thought it was a dude screaming at first - no shit. :eek: :D

gabo03
08-26-2009, 01:33 PM
do they ever do Taking Back My Soul, or Carry The Cross, off of Doomsday Machine? Those are two I'd really like to see.

In the Monterrey date they do Taking Back My Soul, not Carry The Cross (i really like this song :))

JuuKun
08-26-2009, 03:36 PM
In the Monterrey date they do Taking Back My Soul, not Carry The Cross (i really like this song :))

Well atleast I know that they atleast do one of them sometimes! Taking is one of my favorite Angela-era songs.

Though can't say I'd complain about a mostly old-stuff set if they do a tour in support of the compilation :)

Fratt
08-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Musically arch enemy is good the vocals are ok but they would be so much better with someone singing normal.

Now what about replacing Corpsegrinder with Kate Perry ? Or replacing Nergal with Bullet for my Failentine's singer ?

Angela is an awesome singer, an awesome frontwomen and awesomely hot. Why would you want to replace her :P

Otherwise it's a nice setlist, but I hope the new CD is really awesome ... where are Taking Back my Soul, Revolutions Begins, I will Live again, Dead Eyes See No Future ...

We'll see if they come to North America :)

impropagation666
08-26-2009, 08:48 PM
They should play everything that was on Burning Japan Live!!! :rocker: No Dead Inside, which I thought for sure would be played at this show...

Angela kicks major ass. The thing is, with "normal" singers now-a-days, everyone will think they're just a cheesy Bruce Dickinson knockoff. Some "normal" singers these days are nothing short of amazing, like Warrel Dane, but for the most part, these cheesy power metal band's singers just suck...

MetalIsArt
08-26-2009, 11:29 PM
She's great and very hot indeed.

I like countless bands with a grunter or screamer. You can't have death metal with Simone Simons, who's also very hot btw.

metalmilitia54
08-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Okay now THIS is an Arch Enemy set I would love to see!! I don't mind too much for Gossow's vocals, in fact I don't like them at all, but for me it's the music and the guitars of the Amott brothers.

Fratt
08-28-2009, 01:38 PM
How dare you :P

I just finished the Tyrants of the Rising Sun DVD and my conclusion is that Angela is world best singer :P.

Man sometimes when she scream is sounds like she's getting head-ripped :mad:

mastodon421
08-28-2009, 02:03 PM
I mean i really like Arch Enemy. They are one of the bands that got me into metal but i dont think Angela is very attractive.

[Runs and Hides]