View Full Version : Orphan

b_halperin
08-23-2009, 08:30 PM
anybody seen it? considering going.

Trailer makes it look like it could either be terrifying or laugh out loud bad

DethMaiden
08-23-2009, 08:32 PM
LOL CREEPY KID

Seriously, everything that isn't The Ring in this corner of the horror genre needs to get AIDS and die.

EDIT: That just goes for this decade, I guess, because The Omen did it better and did it first.

powerslave_85
08-23-2009, 08:34 PM
I looked up the "twist" online. It's retarded.

Natrlhi
08-24-2009, 08:44 AM
I looked up the "twist" online. It's retarded.

To anyone who is planning on going to see this (which I assume Powerslave wasn't), DO NOT LOOK UP THE TWIST ONLINE!!!

Of course it reads as retarded. I can't say it came off that much better on the screen, but it wasn't as bad as it would be if you read it in advance. To b_halperin I would say that DethMaiden's comment is spot on - the kid is way creepy. That alone might be a decent reason to give the movie a shot.

I would also say that, until the twist, the movie actually had me going pretty good. I was thinking that this was actually better than the dozens of other no-quite-as-good stories about a "bad seed" type of child - but this little girl really took the cake. But that twist - ARGH!

Well, it wasn't the worst thing I've seen this year. Just go into it cautiously and enjoy it for what it is - that would be my recommendation.

Nat :horns:

mastodon421
09-04-2009, 05:42 AM
I saw it and I hated it. I thought the twist was god awful and the acting was really bad. The little girl was decent but everybody else sucked it up. Worst movie of the year so far IMO.