PDA

View Full Version : KISS - Sonic Boom

TonyD
08-17-2009, 02:00 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/reviewpics/kiss_sonicboom.jpg (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125376)

"Sonic Boom" track listing:

01. Modern Day Delilah
02. Russian Roulette
03. Never Enough
04. Yes I Know (Nobody's Perfect)
05. Stand
06. Hot And Cold
07. All For The Glory
08. Danger Us
09. I'm An Animal
10. When Lightning Strikes
11. Say Yeah

Re-recorded KISS classics:

01. Deuce
02. Detroit Rock City
03. Shout It Out Loud
04. Hotter Than Hell
05. Calling Dr. Love
06. Love Gun
07. I Was Made For Lovin' You
08. Heaven's On Fire
09. Lick It Up
10. I Love It Loud
11. Forever
12. Christine Sixteen
13. Do You Love Me?
14. Black Diamond
15. Rock And Roll All Nite

KISS bonus live DVD track listing:

01. Deuce
02. Hotter Than Hell
03. C'mon And Love Me
04. Watchin' You
05. 100,000 Years
06. Rock & Roll All Nite

Can you say Kiss Magnetic?
I have a feeling this is going to be awesome in the worst way.

mankvill
08-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm actually very, very happy with that artwork. I wouldn't expect less from Kiss.

ravenheart
08-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Indeed... http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=11040

300%_Density
08-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Not trying to hate but what is the point of the re-recorded Kiss classics? Other than more :money: I thought that was already the point of releasing god knows how many greatest hits albums w/ the same songs.

Honestly though I'm fairly excited about this. I would probably go see Kiss if the price was somewhat right which I'm skeptical of.

JRA
08-18-2009, 06:28 AM
They recently released a CD of re-recorded classics as a Japan only release. So they're probably packaging it with this one just to be fair. Still though, seems unnecessary.

ravenheart
08-18-2009, 06:42 AM
I don't think money is the motivation for including it here. The three-disc package will be $12, so they're not exactly hiking the price because of the extra disc.

TonyD
08-18-2009, 11:25 AM
I don't think money is the motivation for including it here. The three-disc package will be $12, so they're not exactly hiking the price because of the extra disc.

If you don't think money is the motivation for anything involving Gene Simmons you're not looking close enough. It makes $12 look like that much more of a reasonable price. Also the Wal-mart thing brings in something like an extra 5 cents per copy. That's $50k extra for every million. The majority of that is probably going to Gene and Paul.
If you look at the other recent "classic" bands, GnR has sold about 2.5 million at this point and AC/DC has sold 8 million with the exclusive store deals. Neither of these were even great albums. This one is guaranteed to sell 1-2 million just because Kiss is on the cover.
I won't ever be going to Wal-mart to buy a fucking "rock and roll" record.

ravenheart
08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
A disc of rerecorded tracks (including the additional manufacturing costs that entails) to attract a handful of extra buyers who wouldn't have bought the album no matter the price Vs the extra money made by increasing the price because it's 3 discs and getting every KISS fan in America to pay another 5 bucks?

Nope, doesn't make sense.

Incidentally, although the sample of 'Modern Day Delilah' sounds NOTHING like they've been describing the sound of this album (i.e. nothing whatsoever like classic '70s KISS), it's still awesome. Really looking forward to the album.