Derelict
08-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Thoughts?

powerslave_85
08-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Fuck him and fuck the Eagles.

DethMaiden
08-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Fuck Michael Vick, fuck this signing, and if Donovan McNabb sits out one fucking down this year, fuck the Eagles.

powerslave_85
08-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Just to clarify, me saying "fuck the Eagles" has nothing to do with this particular incident. It's a life-long philosophy. I'll probably have it etched into my tombstone.

ChildrenofSodom
08-13-2009, 06:22 PM
I'd rather see Vick go to the Lions.

Real ones.

Derelict
08-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Cameron, you are pretty liberal - don't people deserve second chances when they get out of jail?

DethMaiden
08-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Cameron, you are pretty liberal - don't people deserve second chances when they get out of jail?

I say he gets a second chance in society but not in the NFL. Of course he's legally allowed to be signed and that's alright by me, but I think the teams should have all come together and blacklisted him.

Derelict
08-13-2009, 06:28 PM
This is what i posted on FB, and I SWEAR TO GOD that i said this to my dad on the phone last night before he was linked to the eagles

So Brett Myers, Phillies world series starting pitcher, dragged his wife down a Boston street by her hair, then beat the shit out of her, because she would not have a threesome with a hooker. He started the next day. That's a little more offensive than Mike Vick. James Harrison, Super Bowl MVP last year, was arrested for beating his baby's mother because she didn't want their son to be baptized. Worse than Vick.

powerslave_85
08-13-2009, 06:29 PM
I think he paid his debt and now he has a second chance. That doesn't mean I have to like him.

DethMaiden
08-13-2009, 06:30 PM
This is what i posted on FB, and I SWEAR TO GOD that i said this to my dad on the phone last night before he was linked to the eagles

So Brett Myers, Phillies world series starting pitcher, dragged his wife down a Boston street by her hair, then beat the shit out of her, because she would not have a threesome with a hooker. He started the next day. That's a little more offensive than Mike Vick. James Harrison, Super Bowl MVP last year, was arrested for beating his baby's mother because she didn't want their son to be baptized. Worse than Vick.

I did not know this about Brett Myers. That's sickening.

I hated James Harrison already, haha.

I dunno what to make of any of this.

Derelict
08-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Just curious what people in other cities are thinking....I'm on the fence right now, i thought that he should be able to re-sign somewhere, just feels wierd that he signed with my team. If the guy made donuts, he'd be able to find work after prison, even if he killed 16 people.

powerslave_85
08-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Don't like Harrison the guy, but goddamn I love the Harrison the football player.

DethMaiden
08-13-2009, 06:33 PM
More than anything I think it's a slap in the face to McNabb.

Derelict
08-13-2009, 06:34 PM
More than anything I think it's a slap in the face to McNabb.

Him and McNabb, are, at least publicly, boys..having watched the reid/banner/mcnabb regime for ten years, i would bet $20 mcnabb pushed for this

mankvill
08-13-2009, 07:47 PM
They will all be crushed under the formidable machine that is the Kansas City Chiefs with their outstanding offense and amazing defenhahahahahah oh god i can't say that with a straight face.

ChildrenofSodom
08-13-2009, 08:30 PM
I think he paid his debt and now he has a second chance. That doesn't mean I have to like him.

This. I think he is an awful person, but he has paid his debt to society. I'm not going to cheer for him (I never have before) and I'll always see him as the dog killer. But I think 'second chance' is a misnomer, because I believe the punishment is over and done with. He should be allowed to move on with his life, and if that means playing football, and if people are going to pay to see him, then good for him. I hope he is truly sorry for what he did.

I'm also not so foolish to think that professional athletes, and professional sports as a whole, have some high moral code that should prevent ex-criminals from playing the sport. They do the crime, they do the time, they get back into their lives.

ChildrenofSodom
08-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I say he gets a second chance in society but not in the NFL. Of course he's legally allowed to be signed and that's alright by me, but I think the teams should have all come together and blacklisted him.

Then they must also blacklist every other player with any criminal record.

ChildrenofSodom
08-13-2009, 09:21 PM
http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/movies/r/Rock_Chris/281x211.jpg
http://www.vibe.com/images/celebs/michael_vick_med.jpg

DethMaiden
08-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Then they must also blacklist every other player with any criminal record.

There's no "must", I just think it would have been a nice gesture. I'm not asking the league to do it. I mean, they're suspending Stallworth for his DUI manslaughter, and they suspended Vick for dog fighting, but I'm not asking for a lifetime ban. I just think it would be neat if the teams showed solidarity and decided against signing him back, symbolically.

ChildrenofSodom
08-13-2009, 09:46 PM
There's no "must", I just think it would have been a nice gesture. I'm not asking the league to do it. I mean, they're suspending Stallworth for his DUI manslaughter, and they suspended Vick for dog fighting, but I'm not asking for a lifetime ban. I just think it would be neat if the teams showed solidarity and decided against signing him back, symbolically.

Then they should symbolically blacklist every other criminal.

DethMaiden
08-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Then they should symbolically blacklist every other criminal.

Look, I just wish the Eagles didn't sign Vick because I think it condones his actions and I don't want him to make millions of dollars anymore. I'm gonna hate the Eagles and Vick now. I hated the Celtics for signing Stephon Marbury because he was an asshole to the Knicks and he didn't even commit any crimes. It's 100% personal and not about believing there should be more regulations at all.

ChildrenofSodom
08-13-2009, 09:56 PM
I don't see how it condones his actions. I don't think this 'moral code' exists.

powerslave_85
08-13-2009, 09:58 PM
I just think it would be neat if the teams showed solidarity and decided against signing him back, symbolically.

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/stacks%20of%20money.jpg

ChildrenofSodom
08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Thats the money you could save by.....

TonyD
08-14-2009, 03:08 AM
I'm half surprised the Raiders didn't sign him. Al Davis has a boner for speedy guys, so this must be a sign that he's showing confidence in Jamarcus Russell.
I don't think Vick should be let off easy but what he did isn't totally unforgivable either. I'm not the commissioner or god so I don't want to worry about judging him.
All I care about is that Jay Cutler keeps his stupid fucking mouth shut and Devin Hester blossoms into an all pro wide out this season.

I can vouch for this.

mastodon421
08-14-2009, 08:14 AM
They will all be crushed under the formidable machine that is the Kansas City Chiefs with their outstanding offense and amazing defenhahahahahah oh god i can't say that with a straight face.

LOL. I can relate I am a bears fan. Try saying this with a straight face The Bears recievers are very experienced and skilled.

TonyD
08-14-2009, 11:52 AM
LOL. I can relate I am a bears fan. Try saying this with a straight face The Bears recievers are very experienced and skilled.

Can't

Sinfulsot
08-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Did anyone catch the interview last night? i think CBS...

He did his time and now he's trying to get back into his chosen profession.

and go NY =p