* TESTAMENT - More Than Meets The Eye
* TVANGESTE - Birth of the Hero
* UFO - Rock Bottom
* WHITESNAKE - Still of the Night
* WRATH OF KILLENSTEIN - Ignisis Dance

Bolded are my personal faves!

mastodon421
08-09-2009, 11:29 AM
This is an awesome soundtrack proably about 4 or 5 bad songs in the whole game!

SomewhereInTime72
08-09-2009, 05:42 PM
The soundtrack is absolutely awesome, but I'm afraid the game will probably suck. :(

mankvill
08-09-2009, 06:11 PM
The soundtrack is absolutely awesome, but I'm afraid the game will probably suck. :(

Search for the 30-or-so minute video of the opening with commentary by Tim Schaeffer. It looks awesome.

DethMaiden
08-09-2009, 07:17 PM
I'll rent it since over Christmas since the XBox isn't mine and therefore isn't coming to Indiana with me. That and the new Madden and NBA Live games. And they're buying Ultimate Alliance 2. And I'll want to play Assassin's Creed 2. It's a good thing I'm getting my wisdom teeth out. :eyes:

powerslave_85
08-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I'll rent it since over Christmas since the XBox isn't mine and therefore isn't coming to Indiana with me. That and the new Madden and NBA Live games. And they're buying Ultimate Alliance 2. And I'll want to play Assassin's Creed 2. It's a good thing I'm getting my wisdom teeth out. :eyes:
Good thing you're renting the new Madden. Don't be that guy who pays $60 for a roster update.

DethMaiden
08-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Good thing you're renting the new Madden. Don't be that guy who pays $60 for a roster update.

Haha, I've paid for roster updates in NBA Live versions, but not owning a game console myself has prevented that over the past few years. Renting is enough anyway: I'll play through a playoff mode and I'll challenge some random people on the XBox Live lobby, and that'll be the end of it.

mankvill
08-09-2009, 08:16 PM
I'd consider buying Madden 10 because it has an online Franchise mode.

ChildrenofSodom
08-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Okay, maybe I'm missing something, but does it seem that these video game franchises keep shitting out annual games that don't change very much from the previous one? I mean, I'll give two examples.

Guitar Hero and Rock Band: Each new game has a few new features, but for the most parts its just different songs and visual things. Nothing about the game has changed. I mean, if you really like how Guitar Hero plays, but want to try to play a new long list of songs that the corporation picked for you, go for it. But after playing the first two installations, I really have no interest in playing (or at least buying) the next one if nothing has really changed. This is the weakest example I have to support my complaint, so lets try sports game.

Like someone said before, do they just update the roster and throw one or two new features on? I mean, why not wait a few years and build up a dozen new features, then you can justify 60 bucks for the game. But considering I can't tell the players apart without their names and numbers on the jersey, I don't really think updated rosters really matter. One of the biggest shams was NFL HeadCoach. I mean, cool concept I guess, but why not put that as a feature of Madden or NCAA?

I guess hindsight is 20/20, but I don't like the idea that once you buy a 2009 game, the 2008 game is so similar, but just different enough to not be fun to go back to. The Tony Hawk games are a little better because they weren't shat out every single year, with very tiny changes in each. Why not hold off on Madden for a few years, build a truly 'different' game, then release to the rabid masses. Make more money, make a better game.

[/bored, tired rant]

SomewhereInTime72
08-09-2009, 09:07 PM
^The sad reason for this is that it's practically free money for the company if they just have to change details with no engine overhaul or anything, and people still buy it en masse. The day people stop buying these, or really start demanding it becomes DLC, it may actually change.

Honestly, each new Madden should just be available as a roster change download that's about eight dollars or something.

ChildrenofSodom
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM
^The sad reason for this is that it's practically free money for the company if they just have to change details with no engine overhaul or anything, and people still buy it en masse. The day people stop buying these, or really start demanding it becomes DLC, it may actually change.

Honestly, each new Madden should just be available as a roster change download that's about eight dollars or something.

Exactly. And the gameplay rarely changes, except for a couple of years where the technology shifted rapidly for whatever reason. And you're right: its the consumers' fault. I'm mad at the company for fucking us over, but I guess i'm also pissed at the stupid disposable-income soaked gamers.

mankvill
08-10-2009, 08:26 AM
I agree completely about the Sports games. For Xbox, I have Madden 2004 or so, and that's it. For 360, I have NCAA Football 08, and I haven't bought a sports game since. :lol:

DethMaiden
08-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I think they probably do need to keep releasing them, though. It may seem like everyone has a next-gen copy of a Madden game by now, but we all know that's not totally true. Every year they're probably introducing thousands of players to the series, if not completely then at least for the 360/PS3 generation. And even if there's little change from year to year, there's probably plenty of people like me who buy one every four years or so and the gameplay actually is dramatically different and there actually are better graphics and more game modes. And if they're making ridiculous profit margins in the process of sating these gamer appetites, well, more power to 'em. It's capitalism, baby.

ChildrenofSodom
08-10-2009, 10:13 AM
I think they probably do need to keep releasing them, though. It may seem like everyone has a next-gen copy of a Madden game by now, but we all know that's not totally true. Every year they're probably introducing thousands of players to the series, if not completely then at least for the 360/PS3 generation. And even if there's little change from year to year, there's probably plenty of people like me who buy one every four years or so and the gameplay actually is dramatically different and there actually are better graphics and more game modes. And if they're making ridiculous profit margins in the process of sating these gamer appetites, well, more power to 'em. It's capitalism, baby.

Its planned obsolescence, baby.

mankvill
08-10-2009, 11:05 AM
If supporting EA means it'll get me a Dead Space sequel, then let me go pre-order Madden 10 right now.

Div
08-10-2009, 11:52 AM
game companies are greedy and lazy anyway. take activision for example, theyre making modern warfare 2 (sequal to cod4) and offering a special edition package that comes with night vision goggles. but theyre only offering it with the console version of the game, basically telling pc gamers to go fuck themselves, they justify it by saying "everyone on pc just pirates our games anyway".

now not only does this make no sense whatsoever (you cant download nigh vision goggles, and you cant play online with a pirated copy) but activision is like the second biggest game producer (especially after buying Blizzard) and their annual profits are in the hundreds of millions.

its even worse when companies take sides with certain hardware manufacturers. i remember far cry 1 was designed for ATi video cards and offered basically no support for people with Nvidia GPU's. and they wonder why people get pissed off and dont want to pay for their shit anymore.

DethMaiden
08-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Its planned obsolescence, baby.

The engine of our consumerist economy. It doesn't force you to participate but it profits off of those who do. I'm not rebelling here. If perennially releasing barely different products is a crime, throw Motorhead in jail.

Div
08-10-2009, 05:01 PM
The engine of our consumerist economy. It doesn't force you to participate but it profits off of those who do. I'm not rebelling here. If perennially releasing barely different products is a crime, throw Motorhead in jail.

hell, look at car companies. they purposefully leave out features for the first year of a new model and then incrementially add them in. the second arm rest you were wondering about... the cup holder... the cd player... same shit.

Div
08-10-2009, 05:02 PM
i just read the fucking soundtrack list. slough feg and brocas helm in the same game? holy tits!

DethMaiden
08-10-2009, 05:12 PM
hell, look at car companies. they purposefully leave out features for the first year of a new model and then incrementially add them in. the second arm rest you were wondering about... the cup holder... the cd player... same shit.

It's a little bit sickening, but if you have any willpower whatsoever, you just won't give in to the temptation to buy a new car every time they tweak something. Or video game. Or whatever other example one might care to provide. But they make new models for the people who never owned the old models in the first place.

mankvill
08-10-2009, 05:15 PM
game companies are greedy and lazy anyway. take activision for example, theyre making modern warfare 2 (sequal to cod4) and offering a special edition package that comes with night vision goggles. but theyre only offering it with the console version of the game, basically telling pc gamers to go fuck themselves, they justify it by saying "everyone on pc just pirates our games anyway".

now not only does this make no sense whatsoever (you cant download nigh vision goggles, and you cant play online with a pirated copy) but activision is like the second biggest game producer (especially after buying Blizzard) and their annual profits are in the hundreds of millions.

its even worse when companies take sides with certain hardware manufacturers. i remember far cry 1 was designed for ATi video cards and offered basically no support for people with Nvidia GPU's. and they wonder why people get pissed off and dont want to pay for their shit anymore.

shut up pcfag

ChildrenofSodom
08-10-2009, 05:22 PM

I'm not proposing that no one buy video games, or the government regulate the industry. I'm giving my negative opinion of the situation, and justifying why I don't buy 'the newest game.' Its just my opinion. I think what people do is stupid, but they're allowed to do it, and I'm allowed to piss about it on the internet.

ChildrenofSodom
08-10-2009, 05:22 PM
shut up pcfag

inbeforemikegivesmankvillavirus

mankvill
08-10-2009, 08:35 PM
inbeforemikegivesmankvillavirus

It's cool, I have Norton :D

brb, deleting System32

Div
08-10-2009, 08:45 PM
shut up pcfag

sorry cant hear you over all the gigahertz

Div
10-13-2009, 12:24 PM
This game is awesome! Every metalhead should give this a play, there are so many subtle nods and references to metal that only they would get :D

Plus Jack Black is in this and the soundtrack is amazing.

DethMaiden
10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
This game is awesome! Every metalhead should give this a play, there are so many subtle nods and references to metal that only they would get :D

Plus Jack Black is in this and the soundtrack is amazing.

I was hoping that's how it would be. Definitely renting this over Thanksgiving break and playing the shit out of it.

Div
10-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I was hoping that's how it would be. Definitely renting this over Thanksgiving break and playing the shit out of it.

yea, definitely worth renting atleast. check out the intro if you have any doubts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGM65vif45A

EvilCheeseWedge
10-14-2009, 07:31 AM
This game is incredibly epic! I bought it yesterday, but I let my friend play it and just sat back and watched for now. He cranked out the first 25% and it was just awesome... really awesome. So many awesome moments, big laughs, and awesome music.

If anybody ever plays the multiplayer online, let me know. I'd be down sometime.

Div
10-14-2009, 10:01 AM
This character is named the "Killmaster" :lol:

http://www.aolcdn.com/ch_gamedaily/brutal-legend-lemmy.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
I heard this game had moderately lame RTS elements, confirm/deny?

Dextrimental
10-21-2009, 07:32 PM

It has RTS elements yes, are they lame? I dont think so.. They're primarily there so its a) not jus a started Legend of Zelda-esque free roam adventure in Heavy Metal land and b) it has multi player capabilities.. The RTS stuff also makes the fighting in the game alot more interesting. My best advice is to play it, honestly, unless you DESPISE heavy metal, its easily one of the better games of the last decade.

Div
10-21-2009, 09:27 PM

the only people who are bitching about the RTS parts are noobs who couldnt beat the RTS parts. the hardest part of the game for me was the battle against the goth metallers in the dry ice mines. other than that nothing gave me trouble on hard mode.

protip: mass tanks for the later levels and play the moral boost solo for your troops, ez win mode.

SomewhereInTime72
10-21-2009, 09:59 PM
the hardest part of the game for me was the battle against the goth metallers in the dry ice mines. other than that nothing gave me trouble on hard mode.

I have waited so long for such a statement to even be possible. :bliss:

I must play this game.

Div
10-21-2009, 10:12 PM
I have waited so long for such a statement to even be possible. :bliss:

I must play this game.

the battle against the hair metal guys was even more gratifying

anyone still on the fence about this game should watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxnho1yTjRo

Fires Of Sedition
10-22-2009, 01:07 AM
This character is named the "Killmaster" :lol:

http://www.aolcdn.com/ch_gamedaily/brutal-legend-lemmy.jpg

Who the fuck is that supposed to be? :confused:

[/sarcasm]

Holy dumb fuck! That set list is the best in any game EVER. I'm definitely buying this when I get my next paycheck.

Oh, and about the sports games being the same every year, that's exactly what I tell my dumb ass brother. I'll stick to this:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/maggoTofThepulSe/nfl.jpg

Dextrimental
10-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Oh, and about the sports games being the same every year, that's exactly what I tell my dumb ass brother. I'll stick to this:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/maggoTofThepulSe/nfl.jpg

Fuck yes, Retro til the end dude :D

And yeah, get Brutal Legend, theres a good week of gaming in it, and even then id play through it again and again :D

rjturtle9
11-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Just got it and i love this game. Seriously the best game i have played in a long while.

Fires Of Sedition
11-08-2009, 02:23 AM
Just played the demo...definitely buying this.

evildeadjedi
05-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Hate to resurrect a dead one but I have to also say this is a very awesome game. I'm a big Schaffer fan and the soundtrack is the best of all time (sure it could have been better but they got some very bad ass tracks). The RTS elements are really basic and you shouldn't have much problems with them. I think it would have been even better though as a title similar to Darksiders(god of war/zelda combination). However, Schaffer was definitely going for something original an open world game with RTS elements. I'm hoping there ends up being a sequel.