PDA

View Full Version : DAVE LOMBARDO Says There Are 'Rumors' Of A SLAYER/MEGADETH U.S. Tour

IrritatedTrout
08-08-2009, 08:48 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=124943

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

That would be an unbelievable tour.

mankvill
08-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I hope they don't fuck it up with shitty openers.

JuuKun
08-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I agree with mankvill. If they get some good openers, I'll probably be there, but depending on where and when, I might pass if the openers suck. Better openers than the Canadian tour ones plz?

mankvill
08-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I agree with mankvill. If they get some good openers, I'll probably be there, but depending on where and when, I might pass if the openers suck. Better openers than the Canadian tour ones plz?

I wouldn't skip no matter the openers. Never seen Megadeth before. ^_^

DethMaiden
08-08-2009, 10:01 PM
If this tours at the right time and comes to a city close enough, I'll go. Megadeth are a good live act and I need to see Slayer before they call it quits.

gilpdawg
08-09-2009, 02:14 AM
People are really worried about the openers? Seriously? I don't give a fuck if Vanilla Ice and Hammer are opening, I'm fucking going! I would never let a bad opener keep me from going to see a band I want to see. I just wouldn't pay attention to them.

MunicipalWasted
08-09-2009, 02:59 AM

lol.

Suicide Silence and Emmure opening :party:

Indestructible
08-09-2009, 09:12 AM
People are really worried about the openers? Seriously? I don't give a fuck if Vanilla Ice and Hammer are opening, I'm fucking going! I would never let a bad opener keep me from going to see a band I want to see. I just wouldn't pay attention to them.

i would care if they opened thats just unacceptable

ravenheart
08-09-2009, 09:52 AM

Depends entirely on how many times I've seen the headliners and how good they were last time. Example, I wouldn't go to see Motorhead with a shitty support bill. I've seen them 6 or 7 times, and they always play similar setlists.

IrritatedTrout
08-09-2009, 10:29 AM

Me neither usually. Exception is if I've seen the headliner before, they're playing a similar set, and I'm strapped for cash. So yeah, that doesn't happen too often. Dealing with shitty openers sucks though.

mastodon421
08-09-2009, 11:19 AM
There is a rumor that Suicide Silence is one of the openers.

IrritatedTrout
08-09-2009, 02:13 PM

I wouldn't be surprised as they were on Canadian Carnage but they are one of the worst freakin bands I've seen. 1 long breakdown isn't a song, guys. And they even got the direct support slot to Carcass, over Samael.:finger2:

mankvill
08-09-2009, 02:26 PM

They are the hugest tour buttsluts in history, moreso than Warbringer, Arsis and The Faceless combined. Jesus Christ.

mastodon421
08-09-2009, 03:09 PM
They are every tour known to man. I hated their first album The Clesaning but i dont think they are that bad anymore but they do have a shit ton of breakdowns and arent very talented.

TonyD
08-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I would seriously consider bringing some rotten fruit if they do end up on the bill.

JRA
08-09-2009, 03:31 PM
I would seriously consider bringing some rotten fruit if they do end up on the bill.

Do security guards check for that stuff?

Jochen
08-09-2009, 04:19 PM
This is good news, although not surprising, hope they come to Milwaukee. But I agree, they need to get real openers. Slayer usually has awful openers, so I never expect anything from them, and Megadeth had In Flames on their last Gigantour, and The Confession and some other awful band on their 07 US tour. Machine Head are pretty good, but there are way better openers, Cynic, Napalm Death, Carcass, the list goes on.

mankvill
08-09-2009, 04:22 PM
How about Testament and Suicidal Tendencies? :)

TonyD
08-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Do security guards check for that stuff?

Hate finds a way.
How about Testament and Suicidal Tendencies? :)
You mean Suicidal Tendencies and Testament?
:horns:

mankvill
08-09-2009, 04:51 PM
You mean Suicidal Tendencies and Testament?
:horns:

:rocker::rocker:

Natrlhi
08-09-2009, 05:20 PM

I think you're missing the point. Shitty openers aren't a problem because you have to make an effort to ignore them, they are a problem because they bring their shitty fans with them.

Bands such as Born of Osiris, After the Burial, Beneath the Massacre, etc. had a markedly shitty effect on this year's Summer Slaughter Tour, for example. A bunch of assholes in the mosh pit who either stood there doing nothing during awesome bands such as Origin and Dying Fetus, or even worse - they started their neo-violent version of moshing which includes throwing elbows and running headlong into people who aren't looking, in an attempt to knock them down. What a bunch of assholes some of these younger fans can be. That, and their generally shitty fuck-everybody-who-is-older-than-eighteen attitudes and their stuuuuuuuupid comments like they already know everything about the world.

That's why it concerns me when I see shitty -core openers on the bill.

Nat :horns:

gilpdawg
08-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I think you're missing the point. Shitty openers aren't a problem because you have to make an effort to ignore them, they are a problem because they bring their shitty fans with them.

Bands such as Born of Osiris, After the Burial, Beneath the Massacre, etc. had a markedly shitty effect on this year's Summer Slaughter Tour, for example. A bunch of assholes in the mosh pit who either stood there doing nothing during awesome bands such as Origin and Dying Fetus, or even worse - they started their neo-violent version of moshing which includes throwing elbows and running headlong into people who aren't looking, in an attempt to knock them down. What a bunch of assholes some of these younger fans can be. That, and their generally shitty fuck-everybody-who-is-older-than-eighteen attitudes and their stuuuuuuuupid comments like they already know everything about the world.

Fair enough. I guess I'm too old to hang with the scene kids in the pit anymore so I don't notice that stuff.

nxtVH90
08-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I WOULD FUCKING KILL TO SEE THIS TOUR!!! Who would be the closer?

Indestructible
08-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Who would be the closer?

I would want megadeth to close but megadeth and slayer might switch spots everynight

nxtVH90
08-09-2009, 07:08 PM

No matter who the openers are (knowing Slayer and Megadeth they shouldn't be too bad) I will be at the barracades the whole fucking time. but the tour would make sense. both bands release their new albums only days apart from one-another

nxtVH90
08-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I would want megadeth to close but megadeth and slayer might switch spots everynight

as far as i'm concerned, as long as they are the last 2 bands to perform, then thats good enough for me.

mastodon421
08-10-2009, 06:41 AM
I see what your saying Nathrli. I am only 17 and there are a lot of core kids that piss me off because they think they are tough and wicked brutal. I mean i like some deathcore bands but some of the fans of the genre are douches. They throw elbows and push people back into the pits when they trying to rest. There are alot of kids out there that just have no fucking respect for other attendees that pisses me off. Core kids have kind of ruined the reputation of teenage metal fans. Some dudes behind me at Mayhem during Cannibal Corpse were actually surprised that me and my friends knew what we talking about it when it came to Cannibal and when we knew the words to Fucked With A Knife and Unleashing The Bloodthristy these dudes actually came up to us and shook our hands and apolgized for thinking we were core kids. I will admit that i like some core bands but i am not a core kid and hate them just as much as every metalhead does. FUCK CORE KIDS AND THEIR FUCKING HARDCORE DANCING AND MOST PIT DOUCHEBAGERY.

Metal_Head
08-10-2009, 07:37 AM
I'm almost completely positive Suicide Silence will be on this tour. At the Pedal to the Metal Tour I talked to their bassist Dan Kenny and he said they have something huge planned in the states for the winter. Later on I talked to one of the guitarists, Chris Garza, and he said they'll be on the Gigantour this winter with Megadeth & Slayer.

ChildrenofSodom
08-10-2009, 08:19 AM

You just described Lamb of God fans during Opeth on Gigantour.

IrritatedTrout
08-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm almost completely positive Suicide Silence will be on this tour. At the Pedal to the Metal Tour I talked to their bassist Dan Kenny and he said they have something huge planned in the states for the winter. Later on I talked to one of the guitarists, Chris Garza, and he said they'll be on the Gigantour this winter with Megadeth & Slayer.

For now that's good and bad news I suppose. Having SS there will suck but at least the tour has been confirmed by another source.

rjturtle9
08-10-2009, 07:46 PM
i don't care who the openers are. if this is true, i will shit mad bricks. 2 of my favorite bands together!!! damn that would be sick :rocker:

xStructualDefect
08-11-2009, 01:22 AM

i see what you're saying. but most likely this is going to be an arena or ampitheater tour so even if there are any -core bands on the lineup i doubt many -core kids will pay to see a band that will only get a 30 min set and barely any crowd response. pretty much everyone at this tour will be there to see megadeth and/or slayer.

now if it were smaller bands playing clubs with -core bands opening that's a completely different story.

TonyD
08-11-2009, 01:36 AM
i doubt many -core kids will pay to see a band that will only get a 30 min set and barely any crowd response.

You'd be surprised.

xStructualDefect
08-11-2009, 01:41 AM
You'd be surprised.

well if it's a club tour i know what you mean.

but if it's a big tour like this i highly doubt that.

gilpdawg
08-12-2009, 03:13 AM
I heard a rumor about Anthrax on that tour as well...but that was before all the shit went down with Danthrax, so I don't know about that one.

bt11763
08-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I see what your saying Nathrli. I am only 17 and there are a lot of core kids that piss me off because they think they are tough and wicked brutal. I mean i like some deathcore bands but some of the fans of the genre are douches. They throw elbows and push people back into the pits when they trying to rest. There are alot of kids out there that just have no fucking respect for other attendees that pisses me off. Core kids have kind of ruined the reputation of teenage metal fans. Some dudes behind me at Mayhem during Cannibal Corpse were actually surprised that me and my friends knew what we talking about it when it came to Cannibal and when we knew the words to Fucked With A Knife and Unleashing The Bloodthristy these dudes actually came up to us and shook our hands and apolgized for thinking we were core kids. I will admit that i like some core bands but i am not a core kid and hate them just as much as every metalhead does. FUCK CORE KIDS AND THEIR FUCKING HARDCORE DANCING AND MOST PIT DOUCHEBAGERY.

i'm the exact same way haha. i like a good amount of the bands that everyone hates on this website, but i hate those fucking core kids and i always try my damnedest to make sure i don't get roped in to coming off as one just because i like the music.

converge241
08-15-2009, 10:44 PM

Anthrax was playing some shows recently (with Bush singing), AIC is touring

Theres your opening bands

(Clash of the Titans *American tour* reference for the youngsters)

Hammer Smashed Face
08-19-2009, 08:12 PM
I saw the Clash of the Titans tour in Philly, at the Spectrum June 1991... I believe. SLAYER played a set that mirrored the first CD of Decade of Aggression. Megadeth played Wake up dead and everything else was gravy. They had to shut the show down during Anthrax because the crowd was demolishing the brarriers. Good times.

mankvill
08-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Slayer
Megadeth
Behemoth

12.18-Sacramento, CA-Arco Arena
12.19-Bakersfield, CA-Rabobank Arena
12.20-Long Beach, CA-Long Beach Arena
12.21-San Diego, CA-San Diego Sports Arena
12.22-Glendale, AZ-Jobing.com Arena
12.23-Las Cruces, NM-Pan Am Center
12.24-El Paso, TX-El Paso County Coliseum
12.24-Dallas, TX-American Airlines Center
12.25-Corpus Christi, TX-Concrete St. Amphitheater
12.27-Tulsa, OK-BOK Center
12.28-Kansas City, MO-Sprint Center
12.29-Des Moines, IO-Wells Fargo Arena
12.30-St. Paul, MN-Excel Energy Center
01.01-Chicago, IL-Allstate Arena
01.02-Indianapolis, IN-Pepsi Coliseum
01.03-Auburn Hills MI-The Palace of Auburn Hills
01.06-Long Island, NY-Nassau Coliseum
01.09-Lexington, KY-Rupp Arena
01.10-Charlotte, NC-Cricket Arena
01.11-Greenvile, SC-BI LO Center
01.12-Atlanta, GA-Gwinneth Center
01.13-Orlando, FL-UFC Arena
01.14-Pensacola, FL-Pensacola Civic Center

TICKETS ON SALE SEPTEMBER 5

Unconfirmed, of course. ;)

TonyD
08-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I'll throw a fit if there's no SJ or Oakland date.

DethMaiden
08-19-2009, 08:49 PM
AHHHH see you in Indianapolis! :rocker:

IrritatedTrout
08-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Dude, source? I'll be hitting either KY/NC or NC/SC if this is true.:rocker::rocker::rocker:

b_halperin
08-19-2009, 09:18 PM
12.24-El Paso, TX-El Paso County Coliseum
12.24-Dallas, TX-American Airlines Center

They really are gods of metal

mankvill
08-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Dude, source? I'll be hitting either KY/NC or NC/SC if this is true.:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Take these dates with a grain of salt.

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-19-2009, 09:38 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

I'm going to the fucking Coliseum!!! Slayer and Megadeth already, then Behemoth???? *dies*

andrew_metalhead
08-19-2009, 10:13 PM
I pray to God that this is true.

Sinfulsot
08-19-2009, 10:14 PM
all this waiting and I might not be able to make it. fuck me raw

ChildrenofSodom
08-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I pray to God that this is true.

Good call. I think the Lord definitely has a hand in arranging this Slayer/Behemoth tour.

andrew_metalhead
08-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Good call. I think the Lord definitely has a hand in arranging this Slayer/Behemoth tour.

Slayer/Behemoth?? Its Megadeth/Slayer/Behemoth :D

ChildrenofSodom
08-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Yes, I know, but Dave is a Christian, so my joke wouldn't have made as much sense.

rjturtle9
08-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Slayer/Behemoth?? Its Megadeth/Slayer/Behemoth :D

he ment it as a joke since Slayer and Behemoth are satanic like bands and u said that ur praying to god for this show.

andrew_metalhead
08-19-2009, 10:30 PM
he ment it as a joke since Slayer and Behemoth are satanic like bands and u said that ur praying to god for this show.

lol i know i know .. :D

illninoese
08-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Holy shit!!!! I hope this is true! Fucking A....if it's not I think it will be safe to call this the BIGGEST buzzkill ever...........

Metal_Head
08-19-2009, 10:40 PM
That tour is false guys. A troll on the Mayhem Fest forums made it up. Note how there's two dates on 12/24.....

TonyD
08-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Ahh yes and a date on 12/25. That would make Kerry King Santa Clause.

DethMaiden
08-20-2009, 08:38 AM
A troll was very precise and took too much time. I hope this is at least the right time of year, because Christmas break is basically the only time I can go to concerts.

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Fucking trolls. Ah, well I hope this is around the ballpark, otherwise I will be very upset.