PDA

View Full Version : Ozzfest 2010...?

Butcher of Birth
08-06-2009, 11:37 PM
I went to see Devildriver, and from people very close to the band ( ;) ) they said Devildriver will mostly be in the states through 2012. "They will be doing another tour in Jan. and then in the summer, they aren't going over seas for awhile, so the summer is the states."

Then they went on to say "Oh and between you and me, Ozzfest, Devildriver's on it." So ofcourse I had to ask "Is it gonna be like a Touring Ozzfest With Ozzy or another one off?" and he told me "Yeah, full touring Ozzfest, but you didn't hear it from me, and you never heard this."

But ofcourse I knew I had to tell my friends here :angel:

MunicipalWasted
08-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Sweet.

xStructualDefect
08-07-2009, 12:46 AM
hmm should be interesting. i had a huge feeling DevilDriver would be either on Ozzfest or Rockstar Mayhem (if that continues next year, which i'm pretty sure it will).

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Ah scratch that last question then :lol:

That's awesome though, I would love to see DevilDriver again on a full Ozzfest. Wonder who the other bands are gonna be, and if it'll come anywhere close to the win that is Mayhem. Sharon's gonna have a tough time with Slayer, Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth.

mankvill
08-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Lame.

ChildrenofSodom
08-07-2009, 03:11 AM
I think Ozzfest and Rockstar Mayhem and Taste of Chaos and Sounds of the Underground (as of late) are proof that American metal is lame.

mastodon421
08-07-2009, 03:36 AM
I think Mayhem Fest will take the throne from Ozzfest because a majority of the bands on Mayhem have had nothing but great things to say about it and its been the exact opposite with Ozzfest negative feedback from most of the bands on it.

DethMaiden
08-07-2009, 08:39 AM
These types of things are great in giving exposure to lots of bands, some of whom deserve it, so God bless 'em for that, but really the shortened setlists and near-guarantees of terrible, terrible lineups (not since Ozzfest 2004 and 2005 have any of these things been any good) make it hard to justify attendance.

SomewhereInTime72
08-07-2009, 09:10 AM
These types of things are great in giving exposure to lots of bands, some of whom deserve it, so God bless 'em for that, but really the shortened setlists and near-guarantees of terrible, terrible lineups (not since Ozzfest 2004 and 2005 have any of these things been any good) make it hard to justify attendance.

Indeed. :cool:

Indestructible
08-07-2009, 09:19 AM
I lost alot of respect for ozzy.

ChildrenofSodom
08-07-2009, 09:22 AM
I never had respect for ozzy.

this.

HackedUpForBBQ
08-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Ozzfest 2005 was definitely the best metal festival tour in recent history..... I mean, c'mon...... Black Label Society, Rob Zombie, Iron Maiden and the original Black Sabbath? Fucking METAL. This year's Mayhem is pretty good as well, though.... Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse and Slayer..... awesome

Butcher of Birth
08-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Well only Half of 2005 was any good. Iron Maiden was only billed for half the tour, and VR was the replacement. But yeah, Arch Enemy, Shadows Fall, Rob Zombie, BLS, Mudvayne, and Sabbath, WIN!

But my favorite was 2007, the Free-Fest. Nile, Ankla, Behemoth, Ozzy, Devildriver, 3 Inches of Blood, ect.

Indestructible
08-07-2009, 01:12 PM
this.

i did but then after finding out he is to stupid to leave the controll of sharon. the whole thing with sueing iommi makes anyone lose any respect they had for ozzy if they had any.

ChildrenofSodom
08-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I didn't get into metal until 2003-2004, so I only have retrospective respect for Ozzy.

300%_Density
08-07-2009, 08:26 PM
I've resigned to the fact that Ozzfest will never please everybody and I realized that I will be greatful for who does make it that I enjoy and hope that some bands I don't like might accidentally surprise me. I mean a day of music is still better than a day of just about any other thing.

IrritatedTrout
08-07-2009, 08:54 PM
I didn't get into metal until 2003-2004, so I only have retrospective respect for Ozzy.

Yeah, same. Definitly want to see him live one of these days though.

Butcher of Birth
08-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah I think I got into metal around 03-04 aswell. 2002 I knew it was around, but I didn't really buy any records or anything. It took till late 4th early 5th grade for me to like Metal. Ozzy, Rush, Metallica, and Slipknot.

rjturtle9
08-10-2009, 06:39 PM
i would go to next years ozzfest, but it's going to get interesting with Mayehm Festival still around

converge241
08-15-2009, 09:56 PM
2 years since it was a real touring event and even 2007 was kind of wonky..dont know about this.

Best one IMO was the first full touring one in 97. Pantera/Type O/Fear Factory was just such a good string of sets (and when Phil joined in with Type O for "Kill All The White People") I always enjoyed these but left when Ozzy or Sabbath would play. Nothing against their acts just have seen them enough especially Ozzy solo and always prefered to beat the traffic. I still felt got $$ worth.

99, 04, 05, and 98 were good as well IMO

TonyD
08-15-2009, 10:17 PM
I saw '04-'07. It got worse every year but would still go to every one again.
I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but for me it's like the county fair. Speak of the devil, that corndog is sitting well in my stomach right now.

hot_turkey_ed
08-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Ozzfest... May It Rest In Peace.

:2cents:

AnglOvDeth
08-20-2009, 03:37 PM
'04 was by far the best lineup, I bought seats to 3 of 'em

Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Slayer, Dimmu Borgir, Superjoint Ritual, BLS, Slipknot, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Devildriver, Lacuna Coil, Unearth, Throwdown?????

It doesn't get much better outside Europe or Japan.

Or Ozzfest 96, which I didn't see:
Ozzy, Slayer, Danzig, Sepultura, Fear Factory, Biohazard, Neurosis, Earth Crisis, Coal Chamber

Wizzbang11
09-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Sounds of the Underground (as of late)

What!?!?!
The last Sounds of the Underground had Amon Amarth AND GWAR!!!
That alone is better than both Mayhems and the last few Ozzfests.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-01-2009, 07:23 PM
What!?!?!
The last Sounds of the Underground had Amon Amarth AND GWAR!!!
That alone is better than both Mayhems and the last few Ozzfests.

Dude, seriously? Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth (for both Mayhem AND '07), Nile, 3 Inches Of Blood...Amon Amarth are awesome and all, but better than both? I have to disagree.

Wizzbang11
09-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Dude, seriously? Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth (for both Mayhem AND '07), Nile, 3 Inches Of Blood...Amon Amarth are awesome and all, but better than both? I have to disagree.

If Cannibal got more than half an hour I'd agree, and Behemoth only really got 20ish minutes.
For pure time length of great bands SOTU wins in my book.

Metal_Head
09-02-2009, 07:00 AM
If Cannibal got more than half an hour I'd agree, and Behemoth only really got 20ish minutes.
For pure time length of great bands SOTU wins in my book.
Cannibal got 35 minutes and Behemoth got 30. Mayhem '09 and Ozzfest '07 were much better than SOTU '07.

mankvill
09-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Cannibal got 35 minutes and Behemoth got 30. Mayhem '09 and Ozzfest '07 were much better than SOTU '07.

SOTU was better than Ozzfest '07 and better and better than Mayhem '09 when Suicidal Tendencies or Testament were on the bill.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-19-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure if Ozzfest will be a touring festival this summer.

Mayhem 2010 is gonna have Korn, Zombie, LoG, Hatebreed, Chimaira, Winds of Plague, 5FDP etc on it.

Rumors are running rampant of Metallica touring with the big 4 in the US sometime this summer.

I just don't see Ozzfest putting on a formidal touring line up that can compete with the other metal tours.

Perhaps they might stage a few of the destination events around the US, but if they are a full fledged tour I would be suprised.

tdunks523
12-19-2009, 09:31 PM
i think ozzfest lost its luster when ozzy started cancelling a bunch of dates and when the threw food at iron maiden. i went to ozzfest 05-07 and always had fun but theres something about mayhem that just seems better. and its bad when u know warped tour is getting more popular metal bands and ozzfest cant get any

TonyD
12-19-2009, 09:55 PM
SOTU was better than Ozzfest '07 and better and better than Mayhem '09 when Suicidal Tendencies or Testament were on the bill.

True, almost every band other than Gwar and Amon Amarth were reasons not to go, (still did, ST was the deal breaker). Not to mention Ozzfest 07 was FO-FREE

Rumors are running rampant of Metallica touring with the big 4 in the US sometime this summer.

... and that's all they are. Metallica is booked through June, Lars said they are touring outside the US through November.

I just don't see Ozzfest putting on a formidal touring line up that can compete with the other metal tours.

I do. Zombie, Korn and LoG for Mayhem is still nothing but a rumor. There are always plenty of bands out there that want the exposure and the "as seen at Ozzfest" sticker on their new CD.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-20-2009, 04:39 AM
Korn's drummer stated in a video interview that the band was headlining Mayhem.

A friend of mine attended a VIP meet n greet with a band and the vocalist told him that his band was on Mayhem and rattled off a few other bands he knew where playing. My friend had no reason to lie & has always been honest. The bands that were mentioned are LoG, Hatebreed, Chimaira & Winds of Plague. Its safe to say those bands + Korn will be there.

Rob Zombie was rumored at thePRP.com.

In This Moment & 5FDP are rumored due to people supposedly being told by band members those bands will be involved. Plus 5FDP & Korn have the same managers so do the math.

There are rumors that 3IOB are playing Mayhem too but I'm still working on verifying these last few rumors I listed via friends in the music business.

makethemsuffer12
12-20-2009, 04:51 AM
i think ozzfest lost its luster when ozzy started cancelling a bunch of dates and when the threw food at iron maiden. i went to ozzfest 05-07 and always had fun but theres something about mayhem that just seems better. and its bad when u know warped tour is getting more popular metal bands and ozzfest cant get any

Probably the smaller hole it makes in your wallet.

girnny777
12-20-2009, 05:58 AM
Korn, LoG, Hatebreed, Chimaira, Winds of Plague, In This Moment & 5FDP, 3IOB

Well, I guess I won't be attending Mayhem this year.

DethMaiden
12-20-2009, 08:01 AM

Only Ozzfest I went to was free, and I wanted my money back.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-22-2009, 07:31 AM
I received word that DOWN will be on a tour in the US this summer. It is a festival tour and it is not Mayhem Fest. A full scale tour. I was told to watch out for the announcement to be made in mid January.

It can only be one of two things. Either Summer Sanitarium or Ozzfest. Or perhaps Ozzfest with Metallica has the headliner??? Thoughts???

TonyD
12-22-2009, 09:44 AM
It can only be one of two things. Either Summer Sanitarium or Ozzfest. Or perhaps Ozzfest with Metallica has the headliner??? Thoughts???

Metallica is NOT touring the US this summer. Unless SotU comes back, it has to be Ozzfest. Which would be sick.
I might not even go to Mayhem fest if Rob Zombie plays, definitely not if he doesn't.

tdunks523
12-22-2009, 09:53 AM

haha yea that might have something to do with it

Natrlhi
12-22-2009, 10:00 AM
I think Ozzfest and Rockstar Mayhem and Taste of Chaos and Sounds of the Underground (as of late) are proof that American metal is lame.

I understand where you're coming from, but I would maybe phrase it a little differently - for example:

---> "I think Ozzfest and Rockstar Mayhem and Taste of Chaos and Sounds of the Underground (as of late) are proof that [there is a lot of lame shit going on in] American metal."

Because otherwise, bands like Cobalt, Baroness, Kylesa, Clutch, Mastodon, Minsk, Giant Squid, Grayceon, Cormorant, Russian Circles, Pelican, Isis, Neurosis, Tool, Primus, Kyuss, Caspian, Rosetta, Mouith of the Architect, IntrOnaut, North, EitS, TWDY, 5ive, Grails, Cynic, Arsis, Skeletonwitch, Warbringer, Decrepit Birth, Genghis Tron, Withered, High on Fire / Sleep / Kalas, Torche, Made Out of Babies, Ludicra, Coalesce, Pig Destroyer and even a couple of little bands called Slayer and Metallica...are all "lame". :nonono:

Do not despair, young padawan. Still much good is there in American metal. Rock on, you must, and speak well of that which is most awesome. Trouble yourself not with that which is lame, for it will wither and die in time.

(Natyoda's "Metal Tip of the Day" has been brought to you by Diet Mountain Dew, all American metal bands which do not suck, and the letter "Q".)

Natrlhi
12-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Only Ozzfest I went to was free, and I wanted my money back.

:lol:

TonyD
12-22-2009, 11:23 AM
(Natyoda's "Metal Tip of the Day" has been brought to you by Diet Mountain Dew, all American metal bands which do not suck, and the letter "Q".)

http://picturepoetry.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/bert-ernie.jpg
The duck says Quack
I listen to Queens of the Stone Age
Your girlfriend Queefs

Natrlhi
12-22-2009, 10:26 PM
^ ...and Bert & Ernie are rumored to have been Queer.

mankvill
12-22-2009, 10:38 PM

Don't disrespect Bert and Ernie that way you Qunt!

Natrlhi
12-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Don't disrespect Bert and Ernie that way you Qunt!

:lol:

I'm just tellin' ya what I heard...

TonyD
12-23-2009, 10:13 AM

lol troof
http://www.tarraccas.com/files/images/bert_ernie.jpg

The_jman
12-23-2009, 07:28 PM
as an aside to whom ever said that there is no big four tour...

metallica's email newsletter thursday december 17,

The North American version of the World Magnetic tour is now over . . . a gigantic thanks to everyone who came out to the shows to support us. Of course
we're not done yet!! 2010 takes the band to Latin America in the first part of the year and back to Europe in the Spring, including many first time visits.
Then June rolls around with more Sonisphere Festival dates as part of the "Big Four" - Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax all on one stage together
for the first time ever, along with other special guests on select shows including Motorhead and Heaven and Hell. For all the dates and ticketing information,
head over to
www.metallica.com
and keep watching early next year as there definitely will be more shows to tell you about!

doesn't look like they'll be doing it here in the U.S. but a big 4 tour is happening.