PDA

View Full Version : Devildriver -- St. Petersburg, FL -- August 5th, 2009

Butcher of Birth
08-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Well as you all know the line up BLOWS! That's a given, so if you are reading this expecting anyother set than Devildrivers you are S.O.L. Honestly, just listen to one song, from anyband, just one... And it's the same song for 6-7 Hours. There, you know the set of everyone else :)

Anywho.... We got there around 4ish and we heard from friends who had already gone in and left (21+ had that option) said all the bands blew...BLEW BLEW BLEW! And I already knew that, so we shot the shit for about an hour, and finally they say "Hey guys, we're gonna go back and hang with Dez, see you later." These guys are personal friends of Dez and the older gentalman owns a nice resturant and gave Dez 4 Nice bottles of wine and a lot of good weed (so he says haha). So we toyed with the idea of going in around 5ish, knowing Devildriver doesn't go on till 10, so we said "Fuck it... Lets go to the movies." So we did, and saw Bruno, decent movie if you liked Borat, but besides that... We got out 30 minutes till 10, and headed back to the venue.

We sat through the last bands 2 songs, well it might have been one... Sounded sooo familiar... After them, ALL THE HARDCORE AND SCENE KIDS LEFT! Like 100% Gone!!! We just got there, and we were on the barricade... That's SAD! But fuck them, if they don't want some "good" stuff, they can go to that Hot Topic Closing Time Sale... More Metal For Me :D Devildriver even went on to play TWO Encores when I don't think they had all tour. After the 1st one, appartently the sound man said to stop and Dez said "Stop? Are you gonna fine me? Huh? Are you mother fucker?! Are you gonna fine, ME?! Are 'These Fighting Words'?!"

Devildriver:
1. End of The Line
2. The Mountain
3. Not All Who Wander All Lost
4. Pray For Villains
5. I've Been Sober :rocker:
6. Nothing's Wrong
7. I Could Care Less
8. Clouds Over California
9. Die (And Die Now)
10. Back with a Vengence
11. Before the Hangman's Noose
12. Meet The Wretched :rocker:
-----Encore----- (Not Suppose To Happen)
13. I Dreamed I Died
14. These Fighting Words :rocker:

Btw, if you were wondering, Shirts were $20, but Devildriver is mostly out of ALL Sizes. Certian Shirts are only in XL and XXL, others in just Small.

Also, I found out 1st hand about a Certain METAL tour that will be returning next year... In Full Touring Mode... It's been gone from touring since 2007, so next year, we get it back. I know two confirmed bands :D:D:D

xStructualDefect
08-07-2009, 12:43 AM
ahh this lineup sucks ass. all opening bands suck but a great headliner just like last year, Darkest Hour being last year's headliner, but at least year had Arsis and Abigail Williams.

ehh too bad i had to miss this i was out of state when they came to LA.

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-07-2009, 01:26 AM
That's fucking awesome, I hope they do those encores for the NY date! And out of interest, what tour do you speak of?

Dimebag_Rusty
08-07-2009, 01:54 AM
That's fucking awesome, I hope they do those encores for the NY date! And out of interest, what tour do you speak of?

SOTU

mastodon421
08-07-2009, 03:34 AM
is it SOTU and what are the two confirmed bands?

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-07-2009, 03:40 AM
It's Ozzfest, look at the Misinformation section.

mastodon421
08-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Yeah i just saw that whoops. Fuck Ozzfest.

cojibo
08-07-2009, 11:30 PM
I was thoroughly disgusted by the scene kids and hardcore fans at the show... I did not like it at all. But I stuck it out and had an ok time, that is until Devildriver came out! Unfortunately, I did not know devildriver too well before the show but I knew about 7 of the songs that they played live so that was good.
And yes, just like you said before, when Emmure played their last song every one of those so called metal fans just up and left (it was just embarrasing to see that they would stick around for the other ____ and not see Devildriver).

and about the encore, I am sure that Devildriver played an encore for the show in San antonio but am not sure which one exactly it was.

bt11763
08-09-2009, 09:16 AM
nvm

JoshuaB81285
08-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I really wanna see Devildriver...but man, only 50 minutes and no guarantee of the two encore songs makes it a bit of a bummer. I know where they are playing in Louisville is kinda lean with time restraints...buh, decisions decisions.

Butcher of Birth
08-10-2009, 08:24 AM
I really wanna see Devildriver...but man, only 50 minutes and no guarantee of the two encore songs makes it a bit of a bummer. I know where they are playing in Louisville is kinda lean with time restraints...buh, decisions decisions.

It's like a $20 ticket. Don't go to the show till around 930 and your good. It's worth 50 minutes or however. It's great man, truely awesome. :rocker:

SerpentineVIVIVI
08-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Do you remember what the DevilDriver shirts looked like?

Butcher of Birth
08-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Do you remember what the DevilDriver shirts looked like?

Yeah, badass. Thats basically how to describe them haha. They had a tour shirt, and just random shirts after that. $20.