Ain't Like That
Dirt
----------------
Would?
Check My Brain
Rooster

Sanitarium78
08-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Other than missing Sea Of Sorrow that's a decent set list. I like A Looking In View i'm deffinately picking up the new album when it comes out.

ravenheart
08-04-2009, 04:41 PM
They never play it, so I don't think anyone missed it. I certainly didn't miss Heaven Beside You, which they do normally play. I think probably the most requested song not played was Bleed The Freak.

Of the other new songs, Acid Bubble was great, Check My Brain, which will be the first single, was poor.

Sanitarium78
08-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I thought A Looking In View was the single. I've been hearing the radio play it.

ravenheart
08-04-2009, 05:03 PM
The radio may have picked it up, but I don't think it's been released as a single. Although they have done a video for it...

TonyD
08-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Nice set, but I won't be totally devastated if I miss the first leg (hopefully not the only) of the tour.
The radio may have picked it up, but I don't think it's been released as a single. Although they have done a video for it...

So would you say the first 'single' was better or worse than A Looking In View? Or is it something you possibly have to hear a couple times?

ravenheart
08-05-2009, 01:11 AM
I think I prefer A Looking In View. But Acid Bubble is more complicated, so might require further listenings.

Check My Brain, which will be released the week before the album, didn't catch me at all. Short, one-dimensional, and a blatant attempt at a catchy radio chorus. Main riff wasn't too bad though.

MusicDude415
08-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Looking at that set list, I will be very happy seeing them next month.

jhdeity
08-05-2009, 03:25 AM
Cool review. I'm starting to think some of my favorite songs will never be played again due to vocal limitations. We'll see.

Anyone know when the new cd comes out?

petrovar
08-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Cool review. I'm starting to think some of my favorite songs will never be played again due to vocal limitations. We'll see.

Late September

Indestructible
08-05-2009, 06:07 AM

september 29th

jhdeity
08-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Sweeet. Thanks!

HackedUpForBBQ
08-05-2009, 11:55 AM
They definitely should have included Sea of Sorrow.... one of their best IMO. They hardly ever play it, but I did hear it live when I saw them on their 2006 club tour.... DAMN, we still miss you Layne

ravenheart
08-06-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm starting to think some of my favorite songs will never be played again due to vocal limitations.

There are no vocal limitations with William. Is as good a singer as Layne was.

Indestructible
08-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Do the other new songs sound like layne like a looking in view does?

jhdeity
08-06-2009, 09:35 AM
There are no vocal limitations with William. Is as good a singer as Layne was. :axe:

Seriously.... NO! I saw Layne in his absolute prime wearing a full leg cast on the Dirt tour and he delivered one of the best vocal performances I've ever seen and I've been to hundreds of shows.

Songs like Junkhead and I Stay Away are total Layne. I saw William live and while he does a great job, he's no fukkin Layne Staley and never will be. Look at that song list again and you'll see songs that they've played over and over again and are actually becoming tired like Dam that River and rain when I die. Good songs but Sickman, Junkhead, Love Hate Love dwarf them. I heard William do LHL and it was n't a shining moment to say the least. That song is 100% emotion and he delivered 60% max.

Indestructible
08-06-2009, 11:14 AM
:axe:

Seriously.... NO! I saw Layne in his absolute prime wearing a full leg cast on the Dirt tour and he delivered one of the best vocal performances I've ever seen and I've been to hundreds of shows.

Songs like Junkhead and I Stay Away are total Layne. I saw William live and while he does a great job, he's no fukkin Layne Staley and never will be. Look at that song list again and you'll see songs that they've played over and over again and are actually becoming tired like Dam that River and rain when I die. Good songs but Sickman, Junkhead, Love Hate Love dwarf them. I heard William do LHL and it was n't a shining moment to say the least. That song is 100% emotion and he delivered 60% max.

listen to a looking in view it does sound like layne.

jhdeity
08-06-2009, 05:23 PM
listen to a looking in view it does sound like layne.

that's why they released it first

With songs so real and deep having the actual guy who lived it makes it so much more powerful in this comparison. That's all I was saying.

Dio's version of Children of the Grave sounds better than the original to me so it depends on the vocal and type of song.

William is great and I'm glad they found someone that sounds so much like Layne but I want to hear better songs. hahaha

ravenheart
08-07-2009, 01:14 AM
:axe:

Seriously.... NO!

Seriously, yes.

The songs they're playing at the moment are their greatest hits. Because they tour so rarely that's hardly surprising and what every other band does. This tour was four shows amongst some festival appearances. They were hardly going to break out anything rare and unrehearsed.

I'm hoping for a few different ones when they tour the new album properly, of course, but I have no doubts at all that Will can sing anything from their catalogue.