PDA

View Full Version : Threat Signal -- Portland, OR -- August 1st, 2009

illninoese
08-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Doors were at 7 PM and I got to the Roseland Ballroom around 4 PM when I realized that there was no one there. Portland was going through a heat wave this week so it was like 102 degrees outside so I said fuck this and went to a bookstore and chilled there until about 6:30. About 5 minutes after I was in line, another guy showed up. We started talking and joking that we were probably going to be the only 2 people at this show. Doors open, I went and grabbed a Threat Signal shirt, the Sybreed tour shirt, and a Threat Signal shot glass. Until about 7:45 I was the only one in the all ages area of the venue, everyone else was at the bar. That was when more people started showing up and the crowd capacity turned from 6 to 35 people. I don't think anyone else showed up. 35 people for the entire night. Pretty damn cool but pretty damn sad at the same time.

Sybreed (from Switzerland) came on at 8. They played about 30 minutes and they fucking destroyed. It's a shame that not many people know about this band and that so few people were at this show. That's what happens when record labels don't bother to promote a tour. Anyways, besides some of the problems they had with there laptop, which had all the samples to their songs, they put on a hell of a show! I got a pair of drumsticks the drummer handed to me and the guitarist gave me their setlist. I can''t wait to see them again in about a week and I can't wait for the new album

Sybreed Set
- Emma-0
- Aeon (New Song)
- Decoy :rocker:
- Human Black Box (New Song)
- Ego Bypass
- Bioactive :rocker:

The Agonist (from Canada) was up next and they definitely surprised me. They only way I can described them was a mix of Arch Enemy, Aborted (in terms of drumming), and a hint of Meshuggah. I have no idea what they played but they were damn good. And, the lead singer was a chick.

The Autumn Offering. That's about it. I grabbed some food while they played.

Threat Signal came out and destroyed. There was only 35 people but it didn't feel like it to me with the energy they were putting out. It seemed like they were playing in front of a crowd of 10,000. I had been waiting for about 3 years to see them because I missed them when they were in Florida last time. I can't wait to see them again in a week. Awesome show, and a hell of a lot of fun. I met the entire band after, and they might be the nicest guys I have ever met after a show. I also met the lead singer of Sybreed and talked with him a little bit.

Threat Signal Set
- One Last Breath :rocker:
- Haunting :rocker:
- Through My Eyes (New Song)
- As I Destruct :rocker:
- Beyond Recognition
- A New Beginning
- Beginning Of The End (New Song)
- Counterbalance
- Severed (New Song)
- Rational Eyes
- Alice In Chains Cover of Man In The Box
(When All Is Said And Done was supposed to close the show but they wanted to do something different to end the show. Hopefully they close with this song in Tampa because that will make my night)

Awesome show!

Br00tuldrumz
08-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Sweeeeet. I'm glad to see other Threat Signals fans out there. These guys are fucking awesome. Looks like a great set, but I would have liked to see a few more new songs because I feel like they've played the old ones so many times already. Can't wait to see this show on the 15th. Anyone happen to have The Agonist's set?

TripKore
08-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Yeah man, I was at the first date of the show in CT (3hr drive) But fucking worth it. I knew all the bands that were there. Filmed them all. Knew Threat Signal for about 5years prior to the show. Sybreed I fucking love but wasn't on the first leg of the tour sadly.

youtube.com/user/TripKore for clips of the show (bad audio tho)
xplicitbootlegs.com for more shows i've filmed.

Butcher of Birth
08-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah man, hopefully they remember you when you see them again :lol:

dan12con
08-02-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm going to the show in Miami. I'm stoked!

dan12con
08-10-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm seeing this show tonight. I'll try to get everyone else's setlists. I only really know the last three bands though. I'll be surprised if more than 50 people show up!