PDA

View Full Version : Journey -- Devore, CA -- August 1st, 2009

rjturtle9
08-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Night Ranger started things out last night. I was really disappointed that Heart wasn't opening. I don't know why, ut i thought they were on the bill. But Night Ranger was pretty good. Not a huge fan but they played the songs that i did know.

Next up was Journey. they were a lot better this time around then last time i saw them. Plus they played Mother, Father!! My favorite journey song.

Majestic
Separate Ways
Never Walk Away
Stone In Love
Change for the Better
Jon and Neal Harmonica/Guitar Instrumentals
Wheel in the Sky
Keep On Running
Lights
Jon's Piano Solo
Open Arms
Mother, Father
Where Did I Lose Your Love
Wildest Dream
Dead or Alive
Escape
Faithfully
Don't Stop Believin'
Anyway You Want It

Encore:
Be Good To Yourself

And just a little side note, Journey has the worst fans ever! Everyone was sitting down! how lame was that. I hate old people!

The_jman
08-02-2009, 12:20 PM
cool set, lame about the fans though.

mankvill
08-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Separate Ways
Stone In Love
Wheel in the Sky
Keep On Running
Lights
Faithfully
Don't Stop Believin'
Anyway You Want It

:party:

Pretty pissed they aren't coming here anymore. :mad:

ijwthstd
08-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Majestic
Separate Ways
Stone In Love
Keep On Running
Dead or Alive
Escape
Faithfully
Be Good To Yourself

Not bad

Maiden33
08-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Did Deen Castronovo sing Mother Father?

Travis The Dragon
08-02-2009, 09:44 PM
I'll be seeing Journey and Styx on Sept. 6 at the MN. State Fair. I can't wait!!!!

Fe Maiden
08-03-2009, 08:24 AM
I'll be seeing Journey and Styx on Sept. 6 at the MN. State Fair. I can't wait!!!!Lucky!

jhdeity
08-03-2009, 09:37 AM
I F'n hate people who sit at concerts. Especially when they try to tell you to sit down. Losers.

I'm surprised they don't play Feeling that way / Anytime. My favorite 1-2 punch of theirs

snowdog2112
08-03-2009, 10:50 AM
I F'n hate people who sit at concerts. Especially when they try to tell you to sit down. Losers.

I'm surprised they don't play Feeling that way / Anytime. My favorite 1-2 punch of theirs
What does everyone have to stand and jump around like a bunch of monkeys
Some people cant stand for long periods of time. Maybe people are there to listen and see the band.To each his own and if people are sitting by me and one asshole has to stand dam right I am gonna tell him to sit his ass down.

jhdeity
08-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Some people cant stand for long periods of time. Maybe people are there to listen and see the band.To each his own and if people are sitting by me and one asshole has to stand dam right I am gonna tell him to sit his ass down.

You're a douche bag. Seriously. If you want to sit, but a dvd and stay your ass home. I'll drop a fool before I'll sit down like a sheep. How can anyone listen to Journey and sit down? Why bother? What a stupid thing to say.

I had some needledick bugfucker tell me to sit at a Tool show. His vag leaked all the way to an usher who said I was blocking his view. I told the usher this is a concert not an opera or ballet and he agreed with me and told the sword swallower to STFU! :rocker:

bwahhhhhhh
08-03-2009, 11:41 AM
would love to see them play "Feeling that way/Anytime". that's always been my favorite journey song

andrew_metalhead
08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
You're a douche bag. Seriously. If you want to sit, but a dvd and stay your ass home. I'll drop a fool before I'll sit down like a sheep. How can anyone listen to Journey and sit down? Why bother? What a stupid thing to say.

I had some needledick bugfucker tell me to sit at a Tool show. His vag leaked all the way to an usher who said I was blocking his view. I told the usher this is a concert not an opera or ballet and he agreed with me and told the sword swallower to STFU! :rocker:

Cool story :D

Having seats for rock and metal shows is lame. I don't blame the people for buying seats, I blame the organisers to hold shows in such places. In my opinion it should be front GA and back GA. Thats it thank you very much. No need for seats. I know what people would say to this. 'But oh we never actually sit. We stand the whole time', which makes it even lamer to have seats. They take up a lot of space and most of the people don't even use them. You can double the capacity by removing those seats.
For example, the crowd setting for an AC/DC show should always be like the one in Madrid on the No Bull DVD. NOT like the one at the LA Forum last December :eyes:

BTW I'm not a journey fan but I checked this thread because my friend Robert went to this show (he's the one who started this thread).

JimmyPage
08-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Also surprised they didn't play Only The Young or Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'.
Dead Or Alive is a pretty good "heavy" song from Journey you don't hear much.

rjturtle9
08-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Did Deen Castronovo sing Mother Father?

yes he did.

and i will politely say back "Fuck You" ;)

wow. your combination of words amaze me. damn he told the usher!! lol what a douche

BTW I'm not a journey fan but I checked this thread because my friend Robert went to this show (he's the one who started this thread).

yaya i have friends :bliss:

:lol:

andrew_metalhead
08-03-2009, 01:34 PM
yaya i have friends :bliss:

:lol:

:finger::finger:

mankvill
08-03-2009, 02:28 PM
I think it's okay to sit for some acts (not most) but it's hard to judge.

Example: I saw REO Speedwagon/Styx/.38 Special in June. Everyone sat for .38, stood for Styx, and about half and half for REO.

And when I saw Alice Cooper at the KS State Fair, everyone stood (to my surprise).

Maiden33
08-03-2009, 03:09 PM
When I saw Dream Theater last Friday like everyone on the balcony sat, which annoyed the piss out of me. It was ok for some of the show, but at the end of the Count of Tuscany I stood up and remained standing through the intro until into the verse of Metropolis Pt. 1 (the encore). It's hard to get into a show when you're not close, and it makes it a lot more difficult when everyone around you looks at you like you're crazy when you do.

Maiden33
08-03-2009, 03:10 PM
yes he did.

Awesome. I really enjoy the version of that on the DVD that came with the last album.

andrew_metalhead
08-03-2009, 03:12 PM
It's hard to get into a show when you're not close, and it makes it a lot more difficult when everyone around you looks at you like you're crazy when you do.

Exactly. Thats why I keep saying that they should not organize rock and metal shows at seated venues. I'm gonna stand the whole time when I see Dream Theater on the 29th :rocker::rocker:

rjturtle9
08-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Exactly. Thats why I keep saying that they should not organize rock and metal shows at seated venues. I'm gonna stand the whole time when I see Dream Theater on the 29th :rocker::rocker:

i don't think its standing that's the problem. it's retards that don't do anything and look like they aren't into it. id rather be the guy all the way in the balcony level going apeshit and head banging and singing than the guy thats in the pit standing still with arms crossed looking bored. i see those people a lot and i'm just thinking that guy should trade tickets with me or something.

jhdeity
08-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Good points. You know what else. Picture being in a band on stage, playing your ass off and seeing an entire crowd sitting. How disrespectful is that?

I'll be going to shows for the rest of my life. If I'm 60 and Slayer does a reunion tour, I'll be there. I may have a bad hip or sit during a song like Dead Skin Mask but when I hear the opening riff to Angel of Death I'll be up and "acting like a monkey" like Geddy McScrote said. :D

snowdog2112
08-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Good points. You know what else. Picture being in a band on stage, playing your ass off and seeing an entire crowd sitting. How disrespectful is that?

I'll be going to shows for the rest of my life. If I'm 60 and Slayer does a reunion tour, I'll be there. I may have a bad hip or sit during a song like Dead Skin Mask but when I hear the opening riff to Angel of Death I'll be up and "acting like a monkey" like Geddy McScrote said. :D
Slayer:lol: :lol:
You re so coolhttp://i37.tinypic.com/1zgb3o5.jpg

Derelict
08-04-2009, 08:08 AM

I think if I was 60 and at a slayer show, there heads would be in glass jars onstage a la futurama.

jhdeity
08-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Slayer:lol: :lol:
You re so coolhttp://i37.tinypic.com/1zgb3o5.jpg

Wow, you might be the bigest douche bag in the history of the internet. I'm picturing a cross between George Castanza and Richard Simmons. C'mon, post a pic so we can see how close I am. :D

Just to educate you a little my 1st concert was Rush on the Caress of Steel tour opening for Kiss on the Dressed to Kill tour. At the time Kiss blew Rush off the stage to me. I only knew 3 Rush songs, Working Man, In The End and Fly by Night but I knew every word to She, Hotter than Hell, Black Diamond, Firehouse, Strutter, etc.

As I grew older I appreciated Rush much more and Kiss became an afterthought when I got into Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Accept and Triumph. Then came Metallica who changed everything and opened me up to a whole new world of music including Slayer who penned the best album of all time Reign in Blood.

Just because you're closed minded and trapped in 1975 doesn't mean we all are By-Snore. Seriously would you sit during Natural Science? Or Xanadu?

Let me guess you're jammin REO Fagwagon as we speak. Time to roll with the changes dude and grow a pair. :light: hahahahahahahahahaha

snowdog2112
08-04-2009, 10:03 AM
I am not closed minded but I let people who buy a concert ticket the freewill to do whatever they want to seeing its their hard earned money that paid for it.And not be a dickhead and crybaby and complain that they just sat there Boo fucking who. And FYI I have seen concerts from Rush to Return To Forever to Nevermore to Queen etc. I dont just listen to metal and think its the be end all.I least have varying taste in music.

SilentSoldier144
08-04-2009, 11:02 AM
I am not closed minded but I let people who buy a concert ticket the freewill to do whatever they want to seeing its their hard earned money that paid for it.And not be a dickhead and crybaby and complain that they just sat there Boo fucking who. And FYI I have seen concerts from Rush to Return To Forever to Nevermore to Queen etc. I dont just listen to metal and think its the be end all.I least have varying taste in music.

You're from Buffalo, we don't care what you think. Went to a DF concert up there, everyone was standing there like "Hey, this is nice." And I'm the only one banging my head and singing along. Learn to live, losers.

jhdeity
08-04-2009, 11:06 AM

Nice contradiction. 1st you're telling people to sit down and stop acting like monkeys and now you're letting them be because they paid. Thanks for making my original point for me. It's all good Bro.

I don't have a problem with people sitting during songs or doing whatever just don't try to tell me to sit that's all. My buddy just saw Dream Theater and said the whole place was sitting down and MANY people were being told to sit. Normally the wanna-be musicians just stand there with their arms crossed and critique every solo or drum fill but at this place my buddy stood up to jam out and was barraged by these posers. Then they boo the band because they don't play Pull Me Under or Metropolis. Classic. As if I need another reason never to see Dream Theater again...

andrew_metalhead
08-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Nice contradiction. 1st you're telling people to sit down and stop acting like monkeys and now you're letting them be because they paid. Thanks for making my original point for me. It's all good Bro.

I don't have a problem with people sitting during songs or doing whatever just don't try to tell me to sit that's all. My buddy just saw Dream Theater and said the whole place was sitting down and MANY people were being told to sit. Normally the wanna-be musicians just stand there with their arms crossed and critique every solo or drum fill but at this place my buddy stood up to jam out and was barraged by these posers. Then they boo the band because they don't play Pull Me Under or Metropolis. Classic. As if I need another reason never to see Dream Theater again...

Totally agree with you. I bought tickets for Alice Cooper yesterday and the website said 'General Admission - standing allowed' . Thank goodness! :lol:

rjturtle9
08-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Totally agree with you. I bought tickets for Alice Cooper yesterday and the website said 'General Admission - standing allowed' . Thank goodness! :lol:

when and where are they playing!?!?

andrew_metalhead
08-04-2009, 03:19 PM
when and where are they playing!?!?

no LA show. 3 nights in vegas. october 23-25. i got night-3 cos thats my birthday too :rocker:

rjturtle9
08-04-2009, 03:37 PM
no LA show. 3 nights in vegas. october 23-25. i got night-3 cos thats my birthday too :rocker:

oh ok

Sanitarium78
08-04-2009, 05:15 PM
You're from Buffalo, we don't care what you think. Went to a DF concert up there, everyone was standing there like "Hey, this is nice." And I'm the only one banging my head and singing along. Learn to live, losers.

Well, i'm from Buffalo and I have been to plenty of shows that people were into like crazy. Did you ever think that the reason why people were just standing there for Dragonforce is becasue they're one of those bands that's kinda lame and doesn't really invoke a crazy reaction from the crowd? I don't mind some of their stuff put they don't exactly get the metal fury raging up inside me. Don't pass judement on a certian city just becasue of one bad concert crowd.

As for the whole stand up/sit down thing at concerts you gotta stand up. I consider it disrespectful to a band if you just sit there and if you're a person who can't stand up for a long time then you should just avoid concerts becasue 99 percent of the time people are gonna stand

jhdeity
08-05-2009, 04:29 AM

No doubt. Damn, I'll be in Vegas for my birthday weekend November 13th and the only thing I saw happening was the Pac Man fight. Would have killed to see Alice that weekend.