15.Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
16.Stone Cold Crazy
17.Motorbreath
18.Seek and Destroy

Indestructible
07-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Sanitarium,Bells and the Judas kiss :rocker::rocker::rocker:

When i first heard for whom the bell tolls i thought he said for whom the bell trolls.

rjturtle9
07-30-2009, 06:33 PM
nothing really special here

Sanitarium78
07-30-2009, 06:58 PM
nothing really special here

Except for Sanitarium which hardly ever played enough anymore.

The_jman
07-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Except for Sanitarium which hardly ever played enough anymore.
that and for whom the bell tolls, its not played much either, other than that, a rather typical and predictable set.

Michael515616
07-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Nothing particularly great here. Don't know why they insist on playing Holier than Thou, it's not one of their best.

It annoys me that they're playing Nothing Else Matters every night, and that they're alternating Fade to Black and Sanitarium- get rid of NEM then you can play Fade AND Sanitarium! :blaze:

MetalIsArt
07-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Nothing particularly great here. Don't know why they insist on playing Holier than Thou, it's not one of their best.

It annoys me that they're playing Nothing Else Matters every night, and that they're alternating Fade to Black and Sanitarium- get rid of NEM then you can play Fade AND Sanitarium! :blaze:

They won't listen, but you're right about NEM, they've played it enough.

Altmer7989
07-30-2009, 11:57 PM
They're not gonna ditch their most popular song.

ravenheart
07-31-2009, 12:54 AM

If they only played their best songs their set would be the same every night. It's good that they change it.

Sanitarium78
07-31-2009, 05:07 AM
They're not gonna ditch their most popular song.

I don't recal reading anyone say they need to drop Sandman, MOP or One. While NEM is a well known song it's not a song that's gonna get people to come to a Metallica show if that's all they know from them. Spending 75 bucks a ticket for one song is just stupid. NEM isn't a song that brings people to the shows it's the entire Metallica catalog. If they dropped it from the set today and never played it again they would still sell out shows around the world.

NEM causes more debate than any other song in the set. When fans are divided on weather or not to play a certian song like they are with this it can hardly be considered their most popular song. A bands most popular song is a song that dedicated as well as casual fans can agree is the bands signature tune.

The_jman
07-31-2009, 08:22 AM
I don't recal reading anyone say they need to drop Sandman, MOP or One. While NEM is a well known song it's not a song that's gonna get people to come to a Metallica show if that's all they know from them. Spending 75 bucks a ticket for one song is just stupid. NEM isn't a song that brings people to the shows it's the entire Metallica catalog. If they dropped it from the set today and never played it again they would still sell out shows around the world.

NEM causes more debate than any other song in the set. When fans are divided on weather or not to play a certian song like they are with this it can hardly be considered their most popular song. A bands most popular song is a song that dedicated as well as casual fans can agree is the bands signature tune.
true, but, you could make the same argument about sandman. Its over played too, yet no one bitches about it being played. Just cause you personally don't love the song doesn't mean its shit or they shouldn't play it every night. I don't like fight fire with fire, yet I don't mind when they play it, cause I know a lot of people do like it.

Indestructible
07-31-2009, 08:26 AM
does anyone else think its weird that there are people that put nem over fade and harvester.

Metal Maggo
07-31-2009, 08:30 AM
does anyone else think its weird that there are people that put nem over fade and harvester.

Hmmm... If I would go to a Metallica concert, I would miss something if they don't play NEM... Fade is awesome... Harvester, no I've never been a big fan of this song (imo worst song of AJFA)...
They should play Creep instead of NEM... EVERY FUCKING NIGHT!!!
It's as good as Mop and One --> They need to play it every show!!!

ravenheart
07-31-2009, 08:40 AM
While NEM is a well known song it's not a song that's gonna get people to come to a Metallica show if that's all they know from them

You greatly underestimate the number of people who go to Metallica shows only knowing Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters.

jhdeity
07-31-2009, 09:22 AM
You greatly underestimate the number of people who go to Metallica shows only knowing Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters.

Not in America. I'm starting to think NEM is a James ego thing. Why the fukk else would they play it every single night? The song blows. Period. Bleeding Me is epic in comparison and they never play that. And I agree.. Creeping Death is as much of a staple as ANY Metallica song. I've been with Metallica since the No life Til Leather tape was given to me by a friend and I'm deathly tired of Seek & Destroy. Add in the mind-numbing 10 minute sing along and I'm out the damn door early every time. The DIE DIE DIE chant during Creeping Death is way cooler and will never get old to me.

As far as Suicide and Redemption goes, I love that main riff. I have a few shows downloaded and they have been playing it as an intro into Kirk's solo a few times. Personally I'd love to hear a 6 or 7 minute medley of Ktulu, Orion and S&R. They used to do it with To live is to die but that is my least favorite of the instrumentals.

Someday we'll get Frayed Ends of Sanity and Disposable Heroes in the same night. That would be a masterful combination along with Metal Militia, No Remorse or Phantom Lord.

andrew_metalhead
07-31-2009, 09:23 AM
Not in America.

I met many people last year who told me they came to the show just to see NEM.

jhdeity
07-31-2009, 09:25 AM

Well then I'm with Maynard and can't wait for the fault line to flush LA Away. That's fukkin SAD! What kind of people do you hang with dude?

andrew_metalhead
07-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Well then I'm with Maynard and can't wait for the fault line to flush LA Away. That's fukkin SAD! What kind of people do you hang with dude?

Its nothing to do with LA. People are like that everywhere. And I never 'hung' with them. I said goodbye as soon as I came to know of their reason to attend a Metallica show.:finger2::finger2:

Indestructible
07-31-2009, 09:31 AM

Arent the tickets like $70. why would someone pay that much for one song

andrew_metalhead
07-31-2009, 09:31 AM
Arent the tickets like $70. why would someone pay that much for one song

donno. may be they were in the seats. I didn't care to ask them that.

The_jman
07-31-2009, 09:51 AM
even if I like nothing else matters, that's certainly not a good enough song to pay $60 for a ticket. That is if I only liked NEM that is, which isn't the case.

ravenheart
07-31-2009, 10:56 AM
If only everyone thought like that, the rest of us would have to put up with the scores of pop fans who turn up for those two songs every show.

$60 is cheap too... :(

Sanitarium78
07-31-2009, 01:44 PM
I guess my concert experiences seeing Metallica differ. I don't doubt that there are people who just come to hear just Sandman and NEM which is very sad in my book. But every time i've seen them everyone is singing along to everything and drowning out James on all the songs ecept for when they did Frantic and St. Anger last tour.

I stand by what I originaly said though If they dropped it now and never played it again their shows would still sell out. I just can't believe this song is a big selling point ticket wise for them.

The_jman
07-31-2009, 03:07 PM
If only everyone thought like that, the rest of us would have to put up with the scores of pop fans who turn up for those two songs every show.

$60 is cheap too... :(
when I saw metallica last nov. in the seats they were $58 per ticket not including fees.

metalmilitia54
07-31-2009, 05:56 PM
that and for whom the bell tolls, its not played much either, other than that, a rather typical and predictable set.

Less predictable than lots of bands. Helloween and Kamelot played the exact same songs on their last tour for all their shows! Metallica mixes up more than these bands.

ravenheart
08-01-2009, 03:19 AM
I stand by what I originaly said though If they dropped it now and never played it again their shows would still sell out. I just can't believe this song is a big selling point ticket wise for them.

I agree, they probably would. But not in the numbers they do now. They sold out Wembley Stadium in London. 50,000+ people. No chance they'd do that again if people suspected the big hits weren't going to be played.

Altmer7989
08-01-2009, 05:28 AM
No Kamelot switched it up once or twice (they played Farewell when I saw them.)

ravenheart
08-01-2009, 07:30 AM
No Kamelot switched it up once or twice (they played Farewell when I saw them.)

Agreed. They do what Metallica do. They rotate songs in certain slots on the setlist. But they are very similar. I saw them once each in 2007, 2008 and 2009 and got a few different songs (like 'Anthem' this year), but overall very similar sets.