The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Ecstasy Of Gold
Whiplash
Seek And Destroy

I guess Metallica played their version of Ecstasy of Gold. Nice to see Disposable, Thing and Battery in there

mankvill
07-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Disposable Heroes
Fade To Black
My Apocalypse
The Thing That Should Not Be
The Day That Never Comes
Battery
Ecstasy Of Gold
Whiplash

Jesus Christ, what a set.:party:

Desros
07-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Cover songs is good for b side single, not on a setlist. They have plenty of good stuff to avoid filler on a setlist.

JRA
07-28-2009, 05:17 PM
I guess Metallica played their version of Ecstasy of Gold. Nice to see Disposable, Thing and Battery in there

Wait, what? How the fuck does that work?

Sanitarium78
07-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Wait, what? How the fuck does that work?

Metallica recorded a metal version of Ecstasy a couple years ago on a tribute album for the guy who originally wrote the song.

mankvill
07-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Cover songs is good for b side single, not on a setlist. They have plenty of good stuff to avoid filler on a setlist.

Dude, the covers have been a staple of their set for about 20 years or so. :lol:

desape
07-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Here is their Version is kinda cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm7EeuWnc-8

maidenpriest
07-28-2009, 06:43 PM
this is prob my favorite set of the entire tour. with thing and whiplash. of wolf and man

Desros
07-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Dude, the covers have been a staple of their set for about 20 years or so. :lol:

And i'm saying the same thing since then. They don't want to listen to me :lol:

mankvill
07-28-2009, 08:02 PM
And i'm saying the same thing since then. They don't want to listen to me :lol:

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. ;) Without those, we could totally get more Kill 'Em All or Ride The Lightning in each show!

Desros
07-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Exactly, i'm a very long time metallica follower, still listening master of puppets at least once every week since the past 20 yrs hehehe. So always frustrating to see a cover song live when you can easily think of 10 other songs they could have played. If they could play the blitzkreig that was on kill em all before they re release the album hehehe. I would be happy then to hear a cover song hehehe

MetalIsArt
07-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Some people think that those covers are Metallica-songs, you know...

Michael515616
07-28-2009, 11:13 PM
This is a completely awesome set-
The Thing that Should Not Be :rocker::rocker:
Disposable Heroes :horns::horns::horns:
And they played Battery, which they don't play nearly enough

Now, if only they could get rid of Nothing Else Matters- put Sanitarium there- and I would be in total Metallica heaven.

andrew_metalhead
07-29-2009, 01:10 AM
OMFG Ecstasy of Gold!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

MetalIsArt
07-29-2009, 06:35 AM
OMFG Ecstasy of Gold!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

:D

jhdeity
07-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Best setlist they've played yet probably. Might even purchase that show off the site. The prob just played EOG as a prelude into Whiplash which could have been fukkin magical to be there and hear live.

The exact moment I became a headbanger and speed metal merchant was when Cliff Burton did an extended version of Pulling Teeth and they busted into Whiplash right in front of my face. That intro set that song up perfectly and made the entire place rumble then go ballsitic. 20+ years later and still my favorite concert moment of all time.

ravenheart
07-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Excellent set. I think I like this combined with the one I saw the night before. I was pleased to get No Leaf Clover, Leper Messiah, Ride The Lightning and the debut of Suicide & Redemption.

When they out sets together like those two I do get the feeling that they know which songs make their sets special. They know full well what to put it to please to real fans.

I'd have prefered Cyanide instead of Broken, Beat And Scarred. And probably Of Wolf And Man instead of The Memory Remains. Between the two though they probably played all of my favourite songs.

That said, I got Of Wolf And Man, The Thing That Should Not Be, Cyanide, Frantic, Blackened, Until It Sleeps, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Wherever I May Roam and Jump In The Fire in London at the very beginning of this tour last September. Then got Holier Than Thou, Creeping Death, Turn The Page, All Nightmare Long, Damage Inc., and Too Late Too Late in London in March.

JRA
07-29-2009, 12:17 PM
and Too Late Too Late in London in March.

Despite the fact that it sounds like every other pre-Campbell Motorhead song? ;)

ravenheart
07-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Despite the fact that it sounds like every other pre-Campbell Motorhead song? ;)

Yes, they played it anyway ;)

I didn't say I liked it ;)

The_jman
07-29-2009, 03:09 PM
nice set. not fond of my appocalyps but, you can't win em all
neat to see thing that should not be back in the set.

ravenheart
07-29-2009, 03:12 PM
I was just looking through some of the sets on livemetallica.com. Noticed all the festival appearances are the ones where they didn't open with the 'That Was Just Your Life'/'End of The Line' one-two. They seem to do that for the arena shows, and open with stuff like 'Blackened' for festivals.

Krzysztof
07-29-2009, 05:48 PM
I was there, its awesome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCdWWL_XZpk

Queensrychian
07-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Finally a show we all can be proud of!!!!!!!!!:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Krzysztof
07-30-2009, 12:20 AM
One more from 7/28/09 from Kopenhagen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN1O0sihQtQ&feature=related
And Kirk Solo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN1O0sihQtQ

Derelict
07-30-2009, 12:52 AM
Damn you for getting this setlist AND being in Copenhagen (which owns)

The_jman
07-30-2009, 10:28 AM
I was just looking through some of the sets on livemetallica.com. Noticed all the festival appearances are the ones where they didn't open with the 'That Was Just Your Life'/'End of The Line' one-two. They seem to do that for the arena shows, and open with stuff like 'Blackened' for festivals.
You know I didn't notice that till you said something but you seem to be right. That's kind of neat. Maybe they do it for the festival dates, cause they aren't the only bands there and they would expect fans of festivals to expect more of a best of set? Since they didn't come just to see metallica?

Sanitarium78
07-30-2009, 02:31 PM

I noticed that before. I would prefer the festival setlists to be the regular one. I love Death Magnetic but four new songs a set is enough for me. You can rotate Life/Line with BBS and Cyanide and rotate Nightmare, Judas and Apocalypse and maybe rotate Day with Unforgiven 3 that way all the new shit still gets played.

The_jman
07-30-2009, 08:22 PM
I noticed that before. I would prefer the festival setlists to be the regular one. I love Death Magnetic but four new songs a set is enough for me. You can rotate Life/Line with BBS and Cyanide and rotate Nightmare, Judas and Apocalypse and maybe rotate Day with Unforgiven 3 that way all the new shit still gets played.
agreed

Metal Maggo
07-31-2009, 08:35 AM
They can't rotate BBS, All Nightmare Long/Judas Kiss or TDTNC... they're all singles... Promotion!

ravenheart
07-31-2009, 08:43 AM
They can't rotate BBS, All Nightmare Long/Judas Kiss or TDTNC... they're all singles... Promotion!

And yet, they do... You'll notice Judas Kiss isn't played most nights, BBS wasn't played in Oslo, All Nightmare Long wasn't played in Copenhagen on Monday, etc. etc.

Krzysztof
08-03-2009, 06:03 AM
You can see here, how Lars sing a danish song in concert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tePBF5wnWTU
And here is original from Kim Larsen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0gCMrbB-Dk