Master Of Puppets
Dyers Eve
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Last Caress
Phantom Lord
Seek and Destroy

metontour.com says that something "special" is coming...I have no idea.
EDIT: It turns out that the something special was Suicide and Redemption. Meh...

Pastulio_
07-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Special...my guess is either a cover with a guest, The Unforgiven 3/Suicide & Redemption, or Frayed Ends of Sanity in full.

makethemsuffer12
07-27-2009, 01:26 PM
It says that the next song is gonna be a world premiere, so the songs you suggested seem pretty likely.

mankvill
07-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Suicide & Redemption sucks.

Indestructible
07-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Something specail maybe they will take out nem

Pastulio_
07-27-2009, 02:15 PM
I would have preferred Frayed Ends. Maybe someday...

makethemsuffer12
07-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Suicide & Redemption sucks.

I wouldn't say it sucks. In fact, I quite like the track. I just wouldn't really want to hear it live.

andrew_metalhead
07-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Thats an awesome set. Its nice that they did S&R. After all this IS the Death Magnetic tour and they should try out all the songs from the album on this tour. Its also good because in the shows coming up they might consider playing other instrumental classics like Orion, Ktulu and To Live Is To Die.

ravenheart
07-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm consistently amazed some of you have nothing better to do than follow the gradual revealing of setlists to shows you're not even at ;)

Anyway, it was an awesome set. Suicide And Redemption was excellent, but highlights were clearly No Leaf Clover, Ride The Lightning and Leper Messiah. And Dyer's Eve I guess, but that's a pretty weak song.

This is the third World Magnetic Tour show I've been to, and easily the best setlist.

andrew_metalhead
07-27-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm consistently amazed some of you have nothing better to do than follow the gradual revealing of setlists to shows you're not even at ;)

And I'm consistently amazed at people who have nothing better to do than calling everyone else jobless.

Ever heard of the word 'multitasking'?

SilentSoldier144
07-27-2009, 04:52 PM

Ever heard of hopping off Metallicas tiny male organ? They're bad, so it doesn't matter WHAT set they play.

Benjamin Breeg
07-27-2009, 05:01 PM

So what your saying is because i wasn't at the show i shouldn't look at the setlist

Fuckhead:confused:

maidenpriest
07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Thats an awesome set. Its nice that they did S&R. After all this IS the Death Magnetic tour and they should try out all the songs from the album on this tour. Its also good because in the shows coming up they might consider playing other instrumental classics like Orion, Ktulu and To Live Is To Die.

i would kill to see ktulu live

SomewhereInTime72
07-27-2009, 06:19 PM
And I'm consistently amazed at people who have nothing better to do than calling everyone else jobless.

So what your saying is because i wasn't at the show i shouldn't look at the setlist

Fuckhead:confused:

wtf calm down guys

Sanitarium78
07-28-2009, 06:26 AM
The reason we follow Metallica's setlists on a daily basis is because unlike 98 percent of the bands out there they switch the set up every night and keep people's interest. It just makes for a good discussion when they play something like Phantom Lord and Leper Mesiah that don't get in there too often. And when they do a song like S&R for the first time why shouldn't we discuss it? It's a way for the fans of the band to connect who otherwise wouldn't converse with each other. If you don't like it you simply don't have to read the thread. I see absolutely nothing worng with following any bands set for every show. If you're a fan of a certian band why not do it? I don't see the problem at all.

ravenheart
07-28-2009, 07:55 AM
I don't see the problem in checking, say, Metalsetlists.com (;)) after the show to see what was played. But following the set? Sorry, no excuses, that's sad.

Anyway, support setlists for those who care:

Mastodon (19:00-19:35)
Oblivion
two or three of 'Blood And Thunder', 'Megalodon', 'The Wolf Is Loose', 'The Czar' and 'Crystal Skull'
Crack The Skye
Iron Tusk
March of The Fire Ants

For the first time in three attempts I really enjoyed Mastodon. Usually I find them deadly boring, even though I like them on record, but this time their sound was better than I've experienced it before, and that combined with plenty of space for them to actually move around (the stage was in the middle of the arena, which was unexpected as the Copenhagen Forum shows were meant to be the only ones where this wasn't going to be possible) made them much better than normal. The proper setlist will soon be available on Mastodon's site, so I'll update when I know the middle portion.

Lamb of God (19:45-20:30)
In Your Words
Set To Fail
Walk With Me In Hell
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Ruin
Dead Seeds
Laid To Rest
Redneck
Black Label

Exactly the same set they play every night on this tour. They currently have Buzz McGrath from Unearth standing in on guitar as Mark Morton has flown home because his wife is expecting any day.

The Metallica set ran 21:15-23:25, by the way.

ravenheart
07-28-2009, 07:55 AM
i would kill to see ktulu live

I'd like that back in the set too.

Indestructible
07-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Lamb of God (19:45-20:30)
In Your Words
Set To Fail
Walk With Me In Hell
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Ruin
Dead Seeds
Laid To Rest
Redneck
Black Label

LOG can take out reneck and black label and do reclamation.

makethemsuffer12
07-28-2009, 08:25 AM
I'm sure they can, but they won't. You seriously think that they are going to take out their two most well known songs for a song that few people probably care about. I personally think the song is boring as fuck.

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-28-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm sure they can, but they won't. You seriously think that they are going to take out their two most well known songs for a song that few people probably care about. I personally think the song is boring as fuck.

:nonono:

Reclamation is awesome. But I'm with you on your point.

PhantomLord2009
07-28-2009, 08:51 AM
The reason we follow Metallica's setlists on a daily basis is because unlike 98 percent of the bands out there they switch the set up every night and keep people's interest. It just makes for a good discussion when they play something like Phantom Lord and Leper Mesiah that don't get in there too often. And when they do a song like S&R for the first time why shouldn't we discuss it? It's a way for the fans of the band to connect who otherwise wouldn't converse with each other. If you don't like it you simply don't have to read the thread. I see absolutely nothing worng with following any bands set for every show. If you're a fan of a certian band why not do it? I don't see the problem at all.

I agree totally, if you don't like following the set, don't follow it. I'm glad suicide and redemption was played.

andrew_metalhead
07-28-2009, 09:18 AM
But following the set? Sorry, no excuses, that's sad.

Sorry. I don't see why it is. :finger::finger:

andrew_metalhead
07-28-2009, 09:19 AM
I agree totally, if you don't like following the set, don't follow it.

Yeah .. for some people, simple logic like that doesn't apply I guess :lol:

Indestructible
07-28-2009, 09:20 AM

i think reclamation is their best song.It's definetly much better than black label and redneck. They dont even need to do anyhthing from new american gosple unless randy does the songs the way he growls now

Sanitarium78
07-28-2009, 10:29 AM
You can't take Redneck out. I can see not doing Black Label if they aren't gonna have the fans do the wall of death. Which I doubt they're doing in an arena show opening for Metallica. Reclamation is played when they do their own headlining sets on this tour. I can understand not doing it here though. With the limited time they have it just looks like LOG is doing a best of type of set and that's it. I'm fine with them doing that as the opener.

Reclamation does kick major ass though:horns:

The_jman
07-28-2009, 11:25 AM
I didn't think LOG did a set without black label... ever.
its like seek and destroy to them, the best known of their old songs.
I'm not A lamb of god fan in general but yeah.

pretty good metallica set,
here's to hoping they play unforgiven 3 at some point.

Michael515616
07-28-2009, 11:38 AM
1. Pretty cool 'Tallica set. Nice to see No Leaf Clover and Leper Messiah in there, Suicide and Redemption live should be pretty awesome. Now if only they'd play The Call of Ktulu :rocker::rocker::rocker:

2. I don't see Lamb of God dropping Redneck or Black Label, they've been the bedrock of the set for a while now.

3. I hope they DON'T play Unforgiven III live, it's the only Death Magnetic song I have a strong dislike for.