PDA

View Full Version : More new Slayer...

makethemsuffer12
07-27-2009, 07:27 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=124269

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

IrritatedTrout
07-27-2009, 08:12 AM
The new song is, well, it's Slayer. Same old same old but it's pretty good if you enjoyed the last album they did. I'll might even go buy this single tomorrow if there are some good B sides. Production sucks though.

Spiral_Slave
07-27-2009, 08:20 AM
I thought "Psycopathy Red" was pretty good, but this song does absolutely nothing for me.

mankvill
07-27-2009, 08:39 AM
I like this one too. :)

TonyD
07-27-2009, 10:09 AM
I thought "Psycopathy Red" was pretty good, but this song does absolutely nothing for me.

You know why?

The limited-edition single, a Kerry King composition, is titled "Hate Worldwide",...
If you don't get what I mean, here is a table of songs and who wrote the music.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/powerage225/Untitled-1.jpg

mankvill
07-27-2009, 11:07 AM
:lol:

interesting...

makethemsuffer12
07-27-2009, 12:04 PM

Though Christ Illusion isn't as bad as alot of people say it is. Flesh Storm, Skeleton Christ, and Cult are all great songs. But Jeff will always be the best songwriter in Slayer.

Indestructible
07-27-2009, 12:31 PM
You know why?

If you don't get what I mean, here is a table of songs and who wrote the music.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/powerage225/Untitled-1.jpg

i thought king wrote more

makethemsuffer12
07-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Well, more of the post-Seasons material.

SomewhereInTime72
07-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Well, more of the bad material.

fixed for accuracy.

ChildrenofSodom
07-27-2009, 01:08 PM
I openned this thread at 4:03 PM EST, and just now woke up at 5:08, because I accidentally fell asleep.

powerslave_85
07-27-2009, 01:22 PM

Though Christ Illusion isn't as bad as alot of people say it is. Flesh Storm, Skeleton Christ, and Cult are all great songs. But Jeff will always be the best songwriter in Slayer.
That's the thing about Slayer, and why I think they're the most consistent of the big 80's thrash bands: Some of their more recent material has been substandard, but IMO they've never made a "WTF is this shit" album like St. Anger or Risk.

mankvill
07-27-2009, 01:31 PM
That's the thing about Slayer, and why I think they're the most consistent of the big 80's thrash bands: Some of their more recent material has been substandard, but IMO they've never made a "WTF is this shit" album like St. Anger or Risk.

:agree:

SomewhereInTime72
07-27-2009, 01:33 PM
# of good songs on Risk -> around 2
# of good songs on Christ Illusion -> around 1

mankvill
07-27-2009, 01:38 PM
# of good songs on Risk -> around 2
# of good songs on Christ Illusion -> around 1

Flesh Storm
Cult
Supremist

:milk:

JRA
07-27-2009, 01:38 PM

Wrong.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=224#147

mankvill
07-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Wrong.

http://www.metal-archives.com/review.php?id=224#147

UltraBoris

oh you.

Not saying they haven't made bad albums, they're still in the Slayer vein.

SomewhereInTime72
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Flesh Storm
Cult
Supremist

You forgot the six other shitty songs on that piece of crap.

mankvill
07-27-2009, 01:43 PM
You forgot the six other shitty songs on that piece of crap.

It's still got the Slayer ethos. :)

SomewhereInTime72
07-27-2009, 01:47 PM
It's still got the Slayer ethos. :)

Really? I consider the "Slayer ethos" to be consisting of one basic element: good riffs. Christ Illusion has the basic element of bad riffs.

mankvill
07-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Really? I consider the "Slayer ethos" to be consisting of one basic element: good riffs. Christ Illusion has the basic element of bad riffs.

I meant their general attitude.

I'm frantic in your soothing arms
I can not sleep in this filled world
I've found safety in this loneliness
But I can not stand it anymore

I'll be there for you, when you walk through the fire
I'll be there for you, when the flames get higher
When nothing fits and nothing seems right
Till the very last breath of my life, I'll be there for you

Drones since the dawn of time
Compelled to live your sheltered lives
Not once has anyone ever seen
Such a rise of pure hypocracy
I'll instigate I'll free your mind
I'll show you what I've known all this time

God Hates Us All, God Hates Us All

Which one of those still sounds like lyrics from the "glory days" of the '80s?

powerslave_85
07-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Flesh Storm
Cult
Supremist

No love for "Black Serenade?"

mankvill
07-27-2009, 01:53 PM
No love for "Black Serenade?"

Ah, I'm not a huge fan of that song. It really kicks in about halfway through, though.

DethMaiden
07-27-2009, 02:00 PM
You're going to base Slayer's goodness on their lyrical loyalty to the 80s stuff? That's really, really stupid. Christ Illusion is terrible, just like everything post-1990. Will I hear the new one? Well, it's gonna be really easily accessible and my curiosity will force me, and I hope I'm proven wrong, but it's most likely gonna suck.

mankvill
07-27-2009, 02:05 PM
You're going to base Slayer's goodness on their lyrical loyalty to the 80s stuff? That's really, really stupid. Christ Illusion is terrible, just like everything post-1990. Will I hear the new one? Well, it's gonna be really easily accessible and my curiosity will force me, and I hope I'm proven wrong, but it's most likely gonna suck.

Again: I'm not saying they haven't written shit records. I'm part of those fans who thinks everything after 1990 has sucked. I'm just saying that for that time period, and overall, Slayer have stuck true to their musical morals (I guess that's what you'd call them?) the best out of the big four. You're not gonna hear a Slayer version of "Nothing Else Matters" any time soon

DethMaiden
07-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Again: I'm not saying they haven't written shit records. I'm part of those fans who thinks everything after 1990 has sucked. I'm just saying that for that time period, and overall, Slayer have stuck true to their musical morals (I guess that's what you'd call them?) the best out of the big four. You're not gonna hear a Slayer version of "Nothing Else Matters" any time soon

Alright, that's fair, but I could care less about that if I don't like the music. I like the Black Album and Death Magnetic; I like everything by Megadeth except Risk, The World Needs a Hero and United Abominations; I don't care about Anthrax enough to take a stance, etc.

mankvill
07-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Alright, that's fair, but I could care less about that if I don't like the music. I like the Black Album and Death Magnetic; I like everything by Megadeth except Risk, The World Needs a Hero and United Abominations; I don't care about Anthrax enough to take a stance, etc.

:lol: I'm pretty much the same. I'm not gonna say Slayer was better in the 1990 - 200? period (I'm actually kind of partial to Metallica the most, fuck off).

JRA
07-27-2009, 02:12 PM

No but you'll hear Slayer versions of "Wait and Bleed" and "Freak On A Leash."

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-27-2009, 02:22 PM
No but you'll hear Slayer versions of "Wait and Bleed" and "Freak On A Leash."

I'm sorry but that is such a closed minded thing to say, honestly. Post-Seasons Slayer sounds nothing like Slipknot or Korn, or any nu-metal for that matter. It's a different direction that Seasons and prior, but it's still fucking thrash metal. Whether you like it or not is your call, I personally like all of Slayer's material, but saying that they're playing nu-metal or anything other than thrash is absolutely ridiculous.

Indestructible
07-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Yes the new slayer is diffrent and not as good as seasons and before.But why does everyone have to hate a band after a certain album. Do people hate new slayer and other bands because everyone else hates them and you have to follow what they do.

ChildrenofSodom
07-27-2009, 03:01 PM
I only heard two songs from Christ Illusion, and I have no interest in beating that for the new one. I have loyalty to very few bands. I dont feel that I 'should' listen to anything really.

rjturtle9
07-27-2009, 06:19 PM
the other song was better than this one, but i'm not saying its bad. i want to hear the whole album

300%_Density
07-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Wow honestly when I clicked on that link from like the 1st of 2nd page for the review I honestly thought that the review would be for Diabolous instead of God Hates Us All. For those who are comparing the post-Seasons material to nu-metal why not take a look @ Diabolous instead of GHUA. I'm not saying either album was that strong but I really thought that GHUA was still a lot more stronger than DIM. DIM was right @ the height of nu-metal. Atleast for GHUA nu-metal was atleast on it's way back down. Eh I'll still take a Slayer conversation over just about anything else.

TonyD
07-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Flesh Storm
Cult
Supremist

Cult and Jihad are no doubt the standouts. Judging by the recent sets they've figured that out...

I always knew that Jeff was the better song writer, but I didn't realize just how much of the "classic" material was written by him until I made my little chart. I figure that Jeff and Dave are the ones who make things interesting while Kerry is the one maintaining the "Fuckin' Slayer" fanbase because he's cut from the same cloth as most of the fans.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-15-2009, 10:17 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126990

You know at first I was like "wtf??"

Then I got it, and now after looking at it for a while I think it's pretty cool lookin. Can't wait for it to be released!

TonyD
09-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Same here, pretty cool. I don't want to have to buy all four albums to get the full cover though.

TonyD
09-28-2009, 10:43 AM
http://www.myspace.com/slayer

Title track up now...

mankvill
09-28-2009, 11:04 AM
I like World Painted Blood a lot.

DethMaiden
09-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Wow, this sucks. I'm not excited for this album one bit.

mankvill
09-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Wow, this sucks. I'm not excited for this album one bit.

Yeah, it feels like it'll be a letdown, but I think so far it's a slight improvement over Christ Illusion.

mankvill
09-28-2009, 12:00 PM
1. Psycopathy Red
2. World Painted Blood
3. Hate Worldwide

My ranking of the new songs right now. But I actually like them all a lot!

Indestructible
09-28-2009, 01:18 PM
Has this leaked yet

DethMaiden
09-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Has this leaked yet

You wouldn't like it; the lyrics don't have any real meaning.

rjturtle9
09-28-2009, 09:23 PM

Indestructible
09-29-2009, 04:59 PM

Well I like slayer. Thoe they have pretty much written the same song for over 25 years.

mankvill
09-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Well I like slayer. Thoe they have pretty much written the same song for over 25 years.

lol no

Indestructible
09-29-2009, 05:47 PM
lol no

Same lyrics the music changed a little. But song topics for slayer have always been Anti religion,war,Death,Satan

mankvill
09-29-2009, 05:49 PM
song topics for slayer have always been Anti religion,war,Death,Satan

Which is why they're consistently one of my all-time favorite bands.

rjturtle9
09-29-2009, 05:59 PM

:rocker: agree

Dextrimental
09-29-2009, 06:33 PM
I personally love all the new slayer stuff, and iv yet to encounter a slayer album i dont like. im jus hoping the new album is more like psychopathy red and a little less like hate worldwide :D

SomewhereInTime72
09-29-2009, 07:27 PM

yeah i hate variety :rocker: :rocker:

mankvill
09-29-2009, 07:50 PM
yeah i hate variety :rocker: :rocker:

It's not about lack of variety, it's about how they don't sing faggoty love songs and whatnot. :mad: WAR ENSEMBLEEEEEEE

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-29-2009, 09:34 PM
I love Slayer, but this new stuff sounds like more rehash. Just like Christ Illusion.