PDA

View Full Version : Pedal To The Medal Tour -- Lowell, MA -- July 25th, 2009

pantera1115
07-26-2009, 02:49 PM
As soon as I got to the arena I got a mudvayne t-shirt, and went straight down to the floor, where some carnival act called hellzapoppin was preforming between sets. Alot of it was just weird, and gross, but i guess thats the point. They had a penguin dude,some stripper who stuck tubes up her nose and out her mouth, a guy who stuck knives or somthing in his arm, and some other chick who swallowed swords, kinda cool

Now for what every one came to see, the music, Bury Your Dead was first, and you could feel the energy as the MA locals took the stage. they were very good, and it was nice to see them here as aposed to at music as a weapon when abunch of fsu hardcore fags killed it for every one at the free out side stage. I got on the dvd after the show screaming "BURY YOUR FUCKING DEAD" into a camara at their merch booth along with a few others who were there at the time.

Bury Your Dead Set List (Im Pretty Sure Its Right)
Broken Body
House of Straw
Eyes Wide Shut
Without You
Twelfth Stroke of Midnight
Hurting Not Helping
Bury Your Fucking Dead Chant(I shook the singers hand during this):rocker:

Suicide Silence Was next. I Love these guys, and I think they are the best young band out there. They have a Sic stage show and although the crowd seemed tired after the byd wall of death most people there knew the words. they did have some pretty good circle pits but other than that the pit was kinda slow iv seen it more intense for these guys before, still awsome though

Suicide Silence Set List
Wake Up
Lifted
Smoke
Unanswered
The Price of Beauty
Bludgeoned to Death
No Time to Bleed
No Pity For a Coward

Next was Static-X, and damn did the tear it up the crowd went nuts. I like every thing they have done except cult of static, I think that album blows,it sounds so fucking lazy so when they played stingray I just stood there and watched the topless chick they had dancing around. Every thing else they played was awsome

Static-X Set list (This is pretty damn close if not perfect I may have missed a song also but still pretty close)
Push it
Black And White
Im With Stupid
The Only
Stingray
Cold
Electric Pulse
Cannibal

Flat out BLS Blew. im sorry but the crowd barely moved, every song sounded the same, and the one cool thing zakk did was his solo and he over did it, it was too much, I get it its Zakk but if you were there you'd understand I think. Also iv seen bands change banners during sets and its usually pretty cool. But BLS did it, and all it was, was the exact same banner just smaller. then they tryed BLS beach balls but people just took them so sorry but FAIL!!!!!!

I stole this set list from another review for all the BLS fans to be fair, thank you (Metal_Head)
BLS Set list
Black Mass Reverends
Destruction Overdrive
Faith Is Blind
The Rose Petalled Garden
Suicide Messiah
Genocide Junkies
New Religion
The Last Goodbye
Fire It Up
Zakk Guitar Solo(For Way Too Fucking Long)
Stoned And Drunk
The Blessed Hellride
Concrete Jungle
Stillborn

Now Finally it was time for mudvayne and holly fucking shit the the crowd went nuts. the pit was one of the more intense pits iv seen right up there with bands like disturbed,slipknot,and lamb of god (although those bands were better I think) my only complaint is they should of played longer but it was still well worth it

Mudvayne Set list (I Think They Played At Least 1 More But I Cant Remember, And Order Should Be Pretty Close To Right)
Not Falling
Silenced
Internal Primates Forever
Rain. Sun. Gone.
Death Blooms
Fall Into Sleep(Gave Me Goose Bumps)
A New Game
Do What You Do
Nothing to Gein
Dull Boy
Happy?
Dig :rocker:

Over all Sic Show. If your debating going I say do it. It was a blast, and well worth the money spent

andrew_metalhead
07-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Not to undermine your review, but there are already 2 threads for this show. Please look around before starting a new one.

Can't agree with what you said about Suicide Silence. They are one of the WORST bands out there. I saw them open for Megadeth 4 months back.

JuuKun
07-26-2009, 03:02 PM
If there's any band on that bill with songs that all sound the same, it's Suicide Silence, not BLS.

Oh, and yeah, I really don't think we need three topics for one show. Three reviews is fine, but they could have all been in the same thread.

And I still wonder why it's so hard for people to realize that all the thread titles have a specific format. I know I might come off as a jackass by saying it all the time, but it bothers the shit out of me.

Band (or Event Name) -- City -- Date

andrew_metalhead
07-26-2009, 03:39 PM
And I still wonder why it's so hard for people to realize that all the thread titles have a specific format. I know I might come off as a jackass by saying it all the time, but it bothers the shit out of me.

Band (or Event Name) -- City -- Date

I'm with you. It really isn't that hard to see the format. All the threads (well most of them anyway) have that format and there's a sticky post with instructions too.

es156
07-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Posting a review from a show that you attended in a separate thread is allowed. It is not a problem if we have multiple threads for the same show.

In other forums we clean up multiple threads on the same topic, but we allow it in this forum. It would be different if the posts were just one or two lines, but these are full reports of personal experiences. That is why we allow it.

mankvill
07-26-2009, 04:16 PM
A lot of people went to the Pedal to the Metal tour in Lowell. :lol:

Indestructible
07-26-2009, 04:21 PM
I saw BLS in may and he did a 15 minute solo. They could of done counterfit god and stronger than death instead

TonyD
07-26-2009, 04:33 PM
I saw BLS in may and he did a 15 minute solo. They could of done counterfit god and stronger than death instead

That's one of the few good things I've ever seen you post.

The_jman
07-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Just curious, not criticising here, so please don't ban me or something, but how come multiple review threads are exceptable for shows, but not for albums on the album reviews page.

Indestructible
07-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Zakk Guitar Solo(For Way Too Fucking Long)

How long was the solo

TripKore
07-26-2009, 08:41 PM
I filmed Static / Mudvayne in HD if anyone cares..

www.youtube.com/user/TripKore

pantera1115
07-27-2009, 04:40 AM
Ok so your saying only one person should review each show, and because some one else already did I cant. Ok so we might as well not let any one else review the same tour, just one person, cause its pretty much the same show. I thought the whole point of this was to get different opinions of the show, and be able to post what you liked about it so other people can decide weather to go or not. If three people say its good then it was probably good. Im going to mayhem, and I will probably post a review for that weather or not any one else has yet. (Not to sound like a jackass or anything)

es156
07-27-2009, 04:43 AM
Ok so your saying only one person should review each show, and because some one else already did I cant. Ok so we might as well not let any one else review the same tour, just one person, cause its pretty much the same show. I thought the whole point of this was to get different opinions of the show, and be able to post what you liked about it so other people can decide weather to go or not. If three people say its good then it was probably good. Im going to mayhem, and I will probably post a review for that weather or not any one else has yet.

If you will check my post from page one, I said that it is OK to have multiple threads from the same show.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=221351&postcount=5

es156
07-27-2009, 04:46 AM
Just curious, not criticising here, so please don't ban me or something, but how come multiple review threads are exceptable for shows, but not for albums on the album reviews page.

It has never been an issue before with the CD reviews. I will check with the site admin, but he will probably allow it in that forum as well.

pantera1115
07-27-2009, 04:53 AM
How long was the solo

I swear it was like 20 fucking minutes, mabe 15, it was retarded, and I thought the first half was too long then he started up again after just standing around wasting time just to piss us off :mad:

pantera1115
07-27-2009, 04:55 AM
If you will check my post from page one, I said that it is OK to have multiple threads from the same show.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=221351&postcount=5

that wasn't aimed at you

jhdeity
07-27-2009, 05:31 AM
I like multiple threads personally. 1 thread can get confusing and hard to follow from what I've seen. What I don't like is anal people who give people shit just to be an anal prick. This is a fun site and I might give people shit now and then for idiotic opinions but giving someone shit over formatting or multiple threads is pure unadulterated faggotry. Not to be a jackass because I'm in a really good mood but those people need to get back to World of Warcraft and STFU! hahahahaha :rocker:

JuuKun
07-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Ok so your saying only one person should review each show, and because some one else already did I cant.

That is NOT what we said. I'm all for multiple reviews, but PERSONALLY I thought three threads for one show was too much. No problem with three reviews, just three threads for it - could have all been put in one thread. But that's just me, and I've already been overruled by the Powers That Be, so it's not like this opinion of mine really should mean anything, haha.

The_jman
07-28-2009, 10:33 AM
It has never been an issue before with the CD reviews. I will check with the site admin, but he will probably allow it in that forum as well.
No no, I don't mean to make it an issue. I just did post a seperate thread and a user jumped down my throat telling me to use the search thread to see if the thread existed.