PDA

View Full Version : Pedal to the Metal Tour -- Lowell, MA -- July 25th, 2009

Nathan
07-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Overall, this show did not disappoint me at all, it exceeded all my expectations, and then some. However, here is a full review of the show last night; from what I can remember at least.

First, a circus act came out by the name of Hellzapoppin. I thought at first they were gonna be some gay band just to warm up the crowd but surprisingly, they were not. Hellzapoppin was actually a circus act that does some pretty fucked up shit on stage, which inevitably, the crowd was into. Their job, it seemed, was to entertain the crowd while they were setting up the stage for each particular band. But for a laugh and for several moments where you'll cringe, (not telling why), they were good. My favorite was Betty Bloomers:drool:

Once the Bury Your Dead Stage was set up, they came out and kicked ass. For an opening band, they did not disappoint. They did exactly what is expected for an opening band: kick the crowds ass and be responsible for creating energy and adrenaline. But anyways, here's the songs that I remember them doing. I'll try to put them in order:
-Broken Body :rocker:
-House of Straw
-Without You
-Twelfth Stroke of Midnight
-Hurting Not Helping
-Bury Your Fucking Dead, and chant :party:

Now, sorry to disappoint you Suicide Silence fans that were anticipating reading the set list but I was very unfamiliar with them, they definetly are not my type of music, although the lead singer did mention the song titles at the beginning of each one so here goes:
-Distorted Thought of an Addiction?
-Bludgeoned to Death
-No Time To Bleed
-No Pity for a Coward
Again, I apologize for not naming all the songs, (although I believe I'm only missing two), but I didn't really pay attention to them, their wayyy to heavy for me.

Next was Static X and boy did they surprise me. Before this show, I disliked them because I constantly read about Wayne Static and his band having a superior attitude toward everyone else, but that was okay, especially after seeing them, HOLY SHIT!!!! I didn't listen to any of their music at all but I do remember some of their songs they played; which leads me to say that I will definetly be checking out their shit later on. (Try to put in order):
-Push It
-I'm With Stupid
-Stem?
-The Only
-Stingwray
-No Submission?
-The Enemy?
Again, I'm pretty sure about 80% of these songs; they played about 3 or 4 more. But ultimately, I was very impressed by them.

Next was Black Label Society and they took forever to come out :flame:
When they finally did, I was disappointed. The crowd was into them and although I appreciate Zack Wilde and certainly recognize his talents, I still wasn't into them. What was annoying was the constant guitar solos he'd play, (at least two a song), and even though people loved it, it was aggravating because on top of those solos, he did 2 or 3 solos in between songs. Now,Black Label fans don't get pissed cause I honestly did not know one of their songs. But it doesn't matter because I wasn't there for them, respectfully.

Now, finally, after almost 6 hours of standing up and having immense anticipation emanating through the crowd, Mudvayne came out and holy fucking shit they tore the roof of that place!!!!! Chad's vocals were as clear as ever, Ryans bass playing was unbelievable, Greg was awesome, and Matt added some technique on his drums while playing :]. But anyways, the lights went out and the noise emanating from the crowd was ear-splitting but awesome simultaneously. The opening from the first song from L.D. 50 started to play which would lead everybody to assume that they were going to open up with Dig, but boy were we wrong. Setlist:
-Not Falling :party::rocker: (Entire crowd sang word for word :D)
-Silenced :horns:
-Internal Primates Forever :rocker::rocker: (So fucking happy!!!)
-Rain. Sun. Gone. (Really surprised they played this)
-Death Blooms :party:
-Fall Into Sleep (crowd really got into this one, myself included)
-A New Game
-Do What You Do
-Nothing to Gein (Sick and Brutal)
-Dull Boy (really surprised they played this, awesome though)
-Happy?:rocker:
-Dig :rocker:

Ultimately, a kick ass set. I know, I know, and before you ask, no, they did not play Negative One, World so Cold, or Cradle. To me, that was ok because they mixed their setlists up quite significantly compared to the last two "A New Game Tours." Seriously, go to this show!!! You will not be disappointed.
Thank you for reading my review.
:horns:

andrew_metalhead
07-26-2009, 11:21 AM
How long did BLS play? I might go to the San Diego show to see this tour, but not if BLS play for less than an hour.

rmattiuz
07-26-2009, 12:15 PM
I saw BLS in Montreal on Wed July 22, fuck'n awesome. Do you expect Zakk to play some solo's?? Come on, IT'S ZAKK. The hole Doom Crew were awesome. Met the band after the show and were all professional.

Nathan
07-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Black Label played like 45-50 minutes to answer your question

pantera1115
07-26-2009, 02:05 PM
for static x i know your missing (black and white) witch was the 2nd song they played,(cold) witch was near the end,(electric pulse), and (Cannibal) witch was the last one, they didnt play (the enemy), or (no submission)

Nathan
07-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Okay. Thanks man. Like I said, I didn't know any of their stuff before I saw them but I appreciate the corrections.

pantera1115
07-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Okay. Thanks man. Like I said, I didn't know any of their stuff before I saw them but I appreciate the corrections.

not a problem. If your looking for good static-X most people seem to like the album shadow zone, but I think Wisconsin Death Trip Is the best one. Check both of those out