PDA

View Full Version : Dream Theater -- Orlando, Fl -- July 25th, 2009

Maiden33
07-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Source:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2009/hard-rock-3bd644f8.html

Second night of Progressive Nation. This set list sucks.

01.A Nightmare to Remember
02.Prophets of War
03.Keyboard Solo
04.Sacrificed Sons
05.Misunderstood
06.A Rite of Passage
07.The Dance of Eternity
08.Take the Time (not entire song)
Encore:
09.The Count of Tuscany

DethMaiden
07-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah, count on Dream Theater to play a great setlist one night and completely fuck it up the next. Prophets of War...seriously?

JRA
07-25-2009, 09:50 PM
9 songs including a keyboard solo?

How fucking long is the keyboard solo? :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho:

TonyD
07-25-2009, 09:56 PM
9 songs including a keyboard solo?

How fucking long is the keyboard solo? :hecho: :hecho: :hecho: :hecho:

It's cool guise, his keyboard sounds like a guitar.

Anyone have a Zappa set yet?

BlackmoreOfBowling
07-25-2009, 10:15 PM
No love for Sacrificed Sons/Misunderstood?

TonyD
07-25-2009, 10:16 PM
No love for Sacrificed Sons/Misunderstood?

Obviously not.

Maiden33
07-25-2009, 10:21 PM
The presence of a keyboard solo annoys the piss out of me. Especially considering it's Dream Theater and thus the keyboard solo is probably like 3-7 minutes long. They have a lot of great standard length songs they could throw in in place of it, and I'm sure the audience would rather have that.
I'm still figuring they've got Solitary Shell, Caught in a Web, As I Am, and a few other tricks up their sleeves yet. Another 2-3 shows and all the songs should be out.

requiem960
07-26-2009, 12:55 AM
Yeah, count on Dream Theater to play a great setlist one night and completely fuck it up the next. Prophets of War...seriously?

Agreed! I used that song as a bathroom break. But, the joke was on me when I came back and they followed Prophets up with Sacrificed Sons. It was great hearing the three tracks live from Black Clouds and Dance of Eternity in its entirety, but hands down... that was the worst possible DT setlist. I really wish I was at the Miami show, or was going to be at the Clearwater show tomorrow!

Indestructible
07-26-2009, 10:38 AM
its an alright set they could of replaces sacrificed sons with something else and done all of take the time. how much of take the time did they do.

SomewhereInTime72
07-26-2009, 11:07 AM
I hate Dream Theater, but I'll admit they can be entertaining live. But goddamn... not with a setlist like this. :eyes:

Darkitecht
07-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Source:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2009/hard-rock-3bd644f8.html

Second night of Progressive Nation. This set list sucks.

01.A Nightmare to Remember
02.Prophets of War
03.Keyboard Solo
04.Sacrificed Sons
05.Misunderstood
06.A Rite of Passage
07.Metropolis Pt. 1
08.Take the Time (not entire song)
Encore:
09.The Count of Tuscany

The Dance of Eternity was played not Metropolis Pt.1 at number 7

Sanitarium78
07-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Prophets of War, Keyboard Solo and Sacrificed Sons at the begining? What a mood killer right at off the bat. Especially after opening with the excellent Nightmare To Remember. Wit the exception of the title track, Root Of All Evil and These Walls i've always felt Octivarium was their most boring album. I wasn't expecting them to bust out these kind of songs til the tour went for awhile and they got bored with doing the good shit. Since they aren't getting much time on this tour it seems they should be making the best of it and this set isn't the way to do it. I've always liked Misunderstood so it's cool that they brought that back this tour. Luckily they saved the show by ending with Count Of Tuscany:party:

I'm sure DT does their best as always live and their song length does play into it but I would deffinately feel disappointed or cheated if i'm attending one of these show and they only 7 or 8 songs:mad:

Maiden33
07-26-2009, 01:23 PM
The Dance of Eternity was played not Metropolis Pt.1 at number 7

Sorry, I wasn't there, I merely googled the setlist and found what was at the link, and sometime between last night and now, the set list was corrected.

So, bearing in mind that change, this set list is even more terrible now.