PDA

View Full Version : Tool -- Phoenix, AZ -- July 21st, 2009

maidenpriest
07-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Source:http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2009/us-airways-center-phoenix-5bd64f50.html

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six and Two
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Aenima
Lateralus
Vicarious

i know this set will get crap for being the exact same as 2007. personally i can care less ive never seen Tool before and tonight is going to be badass!!

arctangent
07-22-2009, 01:08 AM
there has been a lot of moaning over at the tool forums about the set list. i think people should just be thankful they have the chance to see tool live again. they could play that same set list for ever and they'd still be worth seeing. hope you enjoyed your first tool experience maidenpriest!

Skinny Juice
07-22-2009, 01:19 AM
They threw in Aenima. There's hope for miraculous set changes after all. My favorite Tool song of all gets put on now! Arg. I knew better than to go see the first show of the tour, dammit. Wonder when they'll unveil the "new cover" they were rehearsing in LA before the tour started...

HugeRockStar
07-22-2009, 09:43 AM
I was expecting something better seeing as though they're not really supporting a new album at the moment, more of a mix of songs. Oh well. It's not coming by me anyway lol

OffbeatNixHex
07-22-2009, 10:05 AM
there has been a lot of moaning over at the tool forums about the set list. i think people should just be thankful they have the chance to see tool live again. they could play that same set list for ever and they'd still be worth seeing. hope you enjoyed your first tool experience maidenpriest!

Well, they played here 6x since 10k came out. I went to 5 of the 6. Show is basically the same. I don't mind that but christ they need to swap out some of the older tunes for others. I'm not asking them to be like Pearl Jam but, use a rotating set OR swap out 2 songs a night. It's quite insulting to me to charge $100 a ticket coming around w/ the same exact show from 07.

Indestructible
07-22-2009, 10:35 AM
They could put sober and prison sex in the set.

SomewhereInTime72
07-22-2009, 10:38 AM
This is the same exact set I saw them play THREE YEARS AGO except with Flood instead of 3 10,000 Days songs.

maidenpriest
07-22-2009, 11:42 AM

thats what im really praying for lol

OffbeatNixHex
07-22-2009, 11:47 AM

Prison Sex yes. Sober i would pass on. It's actually good they put that one to rest.

Indestructible
07-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Prison Sex yes. Sober i would pass on. It's actually good they put that one to rest.

Why would they put that one to rest. i haven listend to tool that much recently but sober is one of their best songs.

SomewhereInTime72
07-22-2009, 12:30 PM
i wouldnt want to be sober for prison sex if you get my drift

OffbeatNixHex
07-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Sober is an amazing song. Seen it live several times so it's nice to see it NOT performed on most of the 10k days shows.

mankvill
07-22-2009, 12:55 PM
i wouldnt want to be sober for prison sex if you get my drift

Even when you get your Aenima?

Travis The Dragon
07-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Only 10 fucking songs?!?!?!?! I would NEVER waste my money to see them!!!!!

Natrlhi
07-23-2009, 06:32 AM

Hundreds of thousands of people disagree with you.

Natrlhi
07-23-2009, 06:40 AM

Oh, and it's really only nine songs, because Lost Keys doesn't really count. When they play it live, it's only just about three minutes of guitar droning.

Still, the set as it stands is around 75 minutes long. What's so bad about that?!? It's the same set that made them a metric fuckton of money for a couple of years (2006 and 2007) - the only thing it's missing is Wings for Marie (which I see most people didn't seem to notice), which adds about fifteen more minutes.

If I wasn't planning on going across town to see Giant Squid and Grayceon on August 8 in Chicago, I would probably pay the $80 for a Lollapalooza ticket just to see them live one more time (would be my third time). Tool is incredible live. :rocker: You obviously don't get that, so maybe you should just NOT post in this thread at all.

Natrlhi
07-23-2009, 06:50 AM
...sober is one of their best songs.

Most well-known? Yes. Best? Not so sure. They have a lot more kickass material than that these days. You should listen to them more...you would probably feel differently if you did. (Just my :2cents:)

Natrlhi
07-23-2009, 07:02 AM

:agree: Exactly.

SomewhereInTime72
07-23-2009, 07:31 AM
As good as Tool are, it still becomes not worth it to see them again, when the setlist is exactly the same but gradually worse and shorter over the course of three years, while the ticket prices remain so monstrously high. When I last saw Tool, it was an amazing show. I would not go see this tour.

Natrlhi
07-23-2009, 08:00 AM
As good as Tool are, it still becomes not worth it to see them again, when the setlist is exactly the same but gradually worse and shorter over the course of three years, while the ticket prices remain so monstrously high. When I last saw Tool, it was an amazing show. I would not go see this tour.

When you put it that way, I can see your point (other douchebags, take note).

I've seen this same set list twice, with other good songs thrown in to boot (Wings, Right In Two, The Pot), so I probably would have to really think long & hard about spending eighty bucks to see them at Lolla. Luckily, the decision is being made for me because I've never seen Giant Squid or Grayceon, and I've been dying to do so for a couple of years now. No brainer for me.

But Tool live is always an awesome experience. I will stick by that statement until the day I die. Anybody who says that seeing them in general is a waste of money has either never sen them live and doesn't know what the hell they are talking about (in which case they should just read and move on, and resist that urge to offer their uninformed opinion), or is just flapping their stupid lips for the sake of being disagreeable because they think it makes them look smart to rip on something that many other people obviously like a great deal. To those of you who fit this decscription (and you know who you are), just shut your pieholes and take your candy asses to the mall where you can bitch about all the things you apparently hate to other malcontent idiots who are willing to listen to you.

That's all I'm saying. Rant concluded. :D

AnthG
07-23-2009, 02:08 PM
I'd like to see Tool one day, but they really need to book a tour when I have disposable income.

REDHEADFOXX
08-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Can anyone who has already seen this tour tell me if there is an opening band??? I am going to see them tomorrow in Manchester, NH (my 6th TOOL show) just curious if there is an opening band if its worth getting there early to see them or should we drink more beer in the parking lot