PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Mayhem Festival -- Kansas City, KS -- July 21st, 2009

mankvill
07-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Running very low on sleep, so I'll try and be as thorough as I can. I'm worn out. :D

There was a really, really long line when I got to Sandstone Amphitheater, but it actually moved very, very fast. I got in and browsed the kiosks until the first band started.

Whitechapel started the day off, but they were bad. No, they were pretty terrible. Actually, they were one of the worst metal bands I've seen live. Every Whitechapel song has 148 breakdowns in it. And they have THREE GUITARISTS. What? Are they the Iron Maiden of wigger-slam? A few songs had some good moments, but ultimately, they were terrible. 3/10

1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. Possession
5. Vicer Exciser
6. Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation
7. ?
8. This Is Exile

After them was the Jaeger band, and for us it was Continent of Ash. I went and bought the Cannibal Corpse comic book and got in line to meet them, so I could just hear the band, but they sounded terrible as well. If I see them again, I'll review them for real.

Luckily, the Hot Topic booth was right in front of its' stage, so I got to see Behemoth. Unlike the night before where their sound was messing up, they absolutely slayed today. They know how to work a crowd and all their songs sounded spot-on perfect. Same set as the night before, however. 9/10

1. Slaves Shall Serve
2. At The Left Hand Ov God
3. Conquer All
4. Demigod
5. Ov Fire And The Void
6. Chant For Eschaton 2000

After meeting all the guys from Cannibal Corpse and getting their autographs, I saw God Forbid again. They changed up their set some from the night before. And they sounded better this time. The crowd seemed pretty into them. Still not great, but better than the night before. 6/10

1. Star Wars Intro/?
2. ?
3. Walk Alone
4. Broken Promise
5. To The Fallen Hero
6. The End Of The World

I hate myself for it, but I actually enjoy The Black Dahlia Murder live. They were better the night before in front of a smaller crowd because of all the stage divers, but their energy was still there. Everything up to the new song was good, but everything after it was really, really good. They do start to sound the same after a while, but they had a perfect set length so that it was awesome. :) 8/10

1. Tim And Eric Intro/?
2. Everything Went Black
3. Necropolis
4. A Vulgar Picture
5. Miasma
6. What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
7. Funeral Thirst

I have a lot of friends who are big fans of All That Remains, so I was eager to hear them for myself. While I really dig the song Six (because of Guitar Hero!) the rest of their stuff is just okay. The clean vocals sound like Linkin Park, to me, but the vocalist does really nice harsh vocals as well. They probably had the biggest crowd reaction of the 2nd stage all day. 7/10

1. ?
2. Chiron
3. Forever In Your Hands
4. Six
5. ?
6. Two Weeks

Job For A Cowboy was the 2nd to last band on the Hot Topic stage. I had higher than average hopes for them because I thought they'd change from a crappy deathcore band to a pseudo-respectable death metal band. Was I right? Eh, no. Not really. Their bass player isn't too much of a tool anymore and some of their songs sound better, but that's about it. The new stuff sounds very bad live, and they're still just a deathcore band. 4/10

1. Knee Deep
2. ?
3. Unfurling A Darkened Gospel
4. Constitutional Masturbation
5. Entombment of a Machine
6. Embedded

Never listened to Trivium before today. I heard that their newest album was good, that they're a metalcore band, and that they're a Metallica knock-off band. I just heard the metalcore side, today. It wasn't terrible: there were no breakdowns and some actually pretty good solos. But nothing special. They said they'd be back with a really good tour in the fall, so we'll have to see. 7/10

1. The End Of Everything/Rain
2. When All Light Dies
3. Down From The Sky
4. Throes of Perdition (part of this was real good)
5. Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr

Cannibal Corpse. Still just as awesome as they were the night before. All newer stuff except for the excellent closer of Hammer Smashed Face and Stripped, Raped & Strangled. Awesome. 9/10

1. Evisceration Plague
2. The Time To Kill Is Now
3. I Cum Blood
4. Sentenced To Burn
5. Make Them Suffer
6. Priests Of Sodom
7. Hammer Smashed Face
8. Stripped, Raped, & Strangled

Now time for the mainstage. Well, that is after some nachos and a hot dog. :D I got to the lawn when Bullet For My Valentine were 2 songs into their set. They seemed alright, a lot better live than on album. The vocalist's accent is amusing to me, too. But overall, alright band. 7/10

1. ?
2. ?
3. Tears Don't Fall
4. Waking The Demon (I think)
5. Take It Out On Me
6. Scream, Aim, Fire

I don't really want to get into it here; I might write an "essay" or so later, but I can say this: Killswitch Engage is the worst band I have ever seen live, metal or not. The whole band is full of douchebags, what they play is killing "heavy music" and I feel sad to know that some people actually like them and will grow up thinking they are metal. They are worse than Annotations of an Autopsy, Panther and Cobra Starship. One point for one good solo during their horrendous Holy Diver cover. It's true: metalcore is the glam metal of the 2000's. It's all about trendy shit to get money. 1/10

1. My Last Serenade
2. ?
3. Rose of Sharyn
4. ?
5. ?
6. My Curse
7.?
8. Holy Diver

Is there something wrong with metal band's sound equipment these days or what? Behemoth the night before was bad, but what happened to the first half of Slayer's set was embarassing. Sometimes the guitars would be really loud, and then fade almost completely out. Sometimes the drums would be silent. Sometimes all the sound would cut out except for Tom's mic. It was extremely unprofessional and a lot of people were pissed off. It ruined many songs which should have been awesome (Chemical Warfare, Born Of Fire, etc.) Luckily, they fixed it halfway through, during Ghosts Of War, and Slayer kicked ass for the rest of the set. Nothing was their fault, they were awesome. 8.5/10

1. Darkness Of Christ/Disciple
2. War Ensemble
3. Jihad
4. Psychopathy Red
5. Born Of Fire
6. Mandatory Suicide
7. Chemical Warfare
8. Ghosts Of War
9. Dead Skin Mask
10. Hell Awaits
11. Angel Of Death
12. South Of Heaven
13. Raining Blood

I really hope Slayer comes back here and has a more competent person working the soundboard than whatever joker was tonight. All in all, though, the day was awesome. I can't wait to see who's on Mayhem Fest 3.

Thus concludes day 2 of 5 of my metal journey. Tomorrow is a day of rest, then it's off to Skeletonwitch! Stay tuned!

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Badass review dude. I sure hope we don't get Slayer sounds problems. And it's a damn shame Behemoth have such a short set. But there will be another time.

TonyD
07-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Nice review.
I haven't seen Killswitch since Ozzfest, and though I don't think they were "werst band evar" material, you pretty much summed it up.
I'm still not regreting going to this, since the only band I really wanted to see was Slayer and they're only "headlining" for an hour.

mankvill
07-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Apparently, water got spilled on Slayer's soundboard and they were blowdrying it as they were playing. :eyes:

makethemsuffer12
07-21-2009, 10:04 PM
You though KSE were that bad? Damn, I'm a pretty big fan of theirs and this is gonna be my first time seeing them, so hopefully my experience will be not as bad as yours lol.

b_halperin
07-21-2009, 10:07 PM
You though KSE were that bad? Damn, I'm a pretty big fan of theirs and this is gonna be my first time seeing them, so hopefully my experience will be not as bad as yours lol.

I actually went into my concert thinking they'd be terrible, but they surprised me and kicked ass.

mankvill
07-21-2009, 10:19 PM

They are the cancer killing metal.

makethemsuffer12
07-21-2009, 10:23 PM
They are the cancer killing metal.

Idk if I would go that far, man. If anything garbage like Suicide Silence and The Devil Wears Prada are what's fucking up metal.

Butcher of Birth
07-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Is the new Behemoth album on sale on this tour?

mankvill
07-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Idk if I would go that far, man. If anything garbage like Suicide Silence and The Devil Wears Prada are what's fucking up metal.

No, they're just fucking up death metal. Killswitch Engage is fucking up metal as a whole.

:mad: I don't wanna get into this tonight! Tomorrow!

@Butcher of Birth: Nope. There is that Ezkaton boxset, though.

Butcher of Birth
07-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Ok, I just figured they would have it because they are on tour. I'll pick it up before I go then. Thanks man!

MunicipalWasted
07-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Mankvill, alot of your review sucked IMO. It was a great fucking show and really, no band bands (expection of BFMV)...I had a fucking blast.

300%_Density
07-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Whew just got back from a fun 2+ hr drive!!!!

Got there somewhat late...missed Whitechapel and apparently didn't miss a whole hell of a lot so no big deal on that. Got there probably 15 mins before Behemoth came on and boy would I have been pissed if I missed them. But of course they were amazing as they were the last time I saw them. God Forbid was next and loved their set as well. I might have preferred a different selection of songs from "Earthsblood" but still from the LOG tour I got to hear alot of the new songs I wanted. Plus it was nice getting "Broken Promise". Crowd was definitley hot for GF and I think they may have had the best reaction on Jager stage. BDM was next. I thought they were pretty good but still not necessarily my thing personally. I'm going to be honest here, as far as 2nd stage bands I really liked All That Remains the least. I just really don't think that they really bring anything to the table. I just found them dull and boring. I actually spent half of their set deleting pictures out of my camera. :) JFAC was next up and now for the 2nd time they still really didn't do a whole lot for me either. I was hoping that they would bring more to the table this time and the answer was definitley no. The "Kids" seemed to enjoy them.

Left JFAC a little early and got to meet Corey and Byron from GF and got autographs and pictures w/ them which definitley made the rest of my day. :party:

For the most part I thought Trivium was pretty good. This was the first time out of 3 times I've actually got to see a full set from them. I can't comment too much b/c I really only know more of their popular stuff and really haven't listened to "Shogun" very much but what I did know was pretty good.

Wow I almost really screwed up. I was paying attention to the schedule in the program and I thought BFMV was going to be doing mainstage and halfway through I figured I would leave to get good spot for Cannibal Corpse. Thank god I didn't do that. 1st time seeing CC and wow I don't even know what to say right now. For some reason the 35 minutes seemed to go by fast. They tried to say Hammer Smashed Face was going to be last song and I really got pissed luckily he said they still had 1 more after that.

What a drop off going from CC to BFMV. I'm going to try to be positive but this will be tough. BFMV were really really not good at all. I really put them at the top of my list along w/ Shinedown of bands nobody should really see live. The positive out of this is I got to sit on the lawn and rest for awhile. Everything after that is best forgotten. There was a guy sitting behind me on the lawn yelling obscenities the whole time. I really felt at home after that.

My review for KSE will be a little different. Out of the 3 or 4 times I've seen them this was probably the best I have seen them. W/ only a 40+ min setlist that is really about the perfect time to see them. Anything else after that really drags and they put in their more emo-crappy newer songs. Crowd was def dead for the 2 new ones they played. Not sure if it was in the water but wow girls were taking off their shirts left and right. Adam D renamed it to Kansas Tity. I'm definitley loving the whole band playing in tuxedo t-shirts and I was even more ecstatic to finally have Adam D in a cape finally!!!! I was very surprised I enjoyed them as much as I did.

The Slayer thing was definitley dissapointing. I don't really recall going to a show where one of the first memories I have is how horrible the sound was. It's one of those jobs where if you don't here anything about it then they did their job. I'm not going to act like I know how to do sound but the 1st half of their set was just god-awful. Which really dissapointed me b/c I haven't seen Slayer in almost 5 years. A definite highlight was getting to see some drunk asshole in the pit get absolutely clocked in the side of the face. :rocker::rocker: The sound situation definitley has me a little sour.

I'm not ashamed to say I stayed for Manson and I definitley enjoyed myself. Obviously the stuff off his new album wasn't quite as good as the other songs he played but still entertaining. Sadly nothing off of POAAF, GAOG, or EMDM. Thought he would have more time to atleast get 1 off of each of those but I think b/c of the Slayer sound situation he got shorted a song. But still I really thought he still did a good job. Maybe take off 1 new song and substitute w/ something else. Just my opinion. Overall a great day of music. Now off to work in another 6 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!

mastodon421
07-22-2009, 04:47 AM
God Forbid really played Walk Alone? Awesome! 13 days till Mayhem for me. btw Killswitch is not killing metal.

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-22-2009, 08:03 AM
mankvill, do you remember what the merch designs were for behemoth, cannibal and slayer?

Indestructible
07-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Whitechapel started the day off, but they were bad. No, they were pretty terrible. Actually, they were one of the worst metal bands I've seen live. Every Whitechapel song has 148 breakdowns in it. And they have THREE GUITARISTS. What? Are they the Iron Maiden of wigger-slam? A few songs had some good moments, but ultimately, they were terrible. 3/10

I agree with this. This is a band that kills music and is a disgrace to all that is metal. Why cant some bands just take the time to learn how to sing.

I don't really want to get into it here; I might write an "essay" or so later, but I can say this: Killswitch Engage is the worst band I have ever seen live, metal or not. The whole band is full of douchebags, what they play is killing "heavy music" and I feel sad to know that some people actually like them and will grow up thinking they are metal. They are worse than Annotations of an Autopsy, Panther and Cobra Starship. One point for one good solo during their horrendous Holy Diver cover. It's true: metalcore is the glam metal of the 2000's. It's all about trendy shit to get money. 1/10

I have to disagree with that. They are good and metal just cause you dont like the band doesnt mean they are killing metal music. Atleast Howard Jones knows how to scream so you can understand the words.

1. Darkness Of Christ/Disciple
2. War Ensemble
3. Jihad
4. Psychopathy Red
5. Born Of Fire
6. Mandatory Suicide
7. Chemical Warfare
8. Ghosts Of War
9. Dead Skin Mask
10. Hell Awaits
11. Angel Of Death
12. South Of Heaven
13. Raining Blood

Good slayer set even though seasons in the abyss isnt in there.When they tour after mayhemfest is over they should play all of seasons in the abyss. I must see slayer live.

mankvill
07-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Mankvill, alot of your review sucked IMO. It was a great fucking show and really, no band bands (expection of BFMV)...I had a fucking blast.

different strokes for different folks. meh.

@Serpentine: I didn't see the Behemoth shirt merch, but I did see someone wearing a light grey Evangelion 2009 US Tour shirt that had dates listed on it fro when they got on Summer Slaughter to the end of Rockstar Mayhem. Cannibal Corpse shirts are all $21 (at least they were in Omaha) and I believe the only current tour shirt they have now is the one with the Evisceration Plague cover on the front, dates on the back in front of a horde of zombies. Tons of KILL shirts and a pretty cool Butchered at Birth design. I passed the Slayer shirts, it looked like the standard Slayer fare as fas ar shirts go. $25 - $30.

@Indestructible: I know you think "he dont like dem cuz dey rnt all screemy" but they really are fucking terrible/killing heavy music.

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-22-2009, 09:33 AM
@Serpentine: I didn't see the Behemoth shirt merch, but I did see someone wearing a light grey Evangelion 2009 US Tour shirt that had dates listed on it fro when they got on Summer Slaughter to the end of Rockstar Mayhem. Cannibal Corpse shirts are all $21 (at least they were in Omaha) and I believe the only current tour shirt they have now is the one with the Evisceration Plague cover on the front, dates on the back in front of a horde of zombies. Tons of KILL shirts and a pretty cool Butchered at Birth design. I passed the Slayer shirts, it looked like the standard Slayer fare as fas ar shirts go. $25 - $30.

The Evangelion shirt sounds cool, and with so much Cannibal shirts I think I'll pick one up. I might have to pass on the Slayer shirts if they're that expensive, which reminds me to ask how the standard tour shirt is. Any good?

300%_Density
07-22-2009, 09:33 AM
I wouldn't go as far as to say they are killing music. Lately I don't think they are really helping it but personally I think All That Remains are killing it more than KSE. There are still some KSE songs I really enjoy. Like I said just a personal opinion and others may disagree but ATR & BFMV are definitley worse off than KSE IMO.

mankvill
07-22-2009, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't go as far as to say they are killing music. Lately I don't think they are really helping it but personally I think All That Remains are killing it more than KSE. There are still some KSE songs I really enjoy. Like I said just a personal opinion and others may disagree but ATR & BFMV are definitley worse off than KSE IMO.

ATR and BFMV aren't as popular as KSE, though.

Their shitty clean passages and clean vocals before their "heavy" parts...Jesus Christ, it follows such a standard path of sub-mediocrity. They are the glam metal of the 2000's for sure.

mankvill
07-22-2009, 09:37 AM
The Evangelion shirt sounds cool, and with so much Cannibal shirts I think I'll pick one up. I might have to pass on the Slayer shirts if they're that expensive, which reminds me to ask how the standard tour shirt is. Any good?

The Mayhem shirts are actually really cool, I think. There are some neat designs.

The KS date isn't listed.

:bouville:

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-22-2009, 09:39 AM
The Mayhem shirts are actually really cool, I think. There are some neat designs.

Sorry to hear that :lol:

Thanks for the info though, much appreciated :D

rjturtle9
07-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Are they the Iron Maiden of wigger-slam?

:lol: wigger slam. that shit made me spit out my orange drink.

great review by the way. i guess my experience was a lil different than yours but i'm glad you had fun.

oh and sucks the shirt didn't have your date on it.

mankvill
07-22-2009, 11:26 AM
:lol: wigger slam. that shit made me spit out my orange drink.

great review by the way. i guess my experience was a lil different than yours but i'm glad you had fun.

oh and sucks the shirt didn't have your date on it.

:D

Even though the mainstage was pretty much a letdown, I still had lots of fun! Can't wait to see if next year will be better. :)

TonyD
07-22-2009, 11:34 AM

At least they showed up.

I have to disagree with that. They are good and metal just cause you dont like the band doesnt mean they are killing metal music. Atleast Howard Jones knows how to scream so you can understand the words.

Just because you like them doesn't mean they're not killing metal music.

jhdeity
07-22-2009, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=rjturtle9;220678]:lol: wigger slam. that shit made me spit out my orange drink.

Wigger-slam and orange drink in the same sentence. That's funny I don't care who ya are.

As far as the Killswitch debate goes, be real. There are MANY worse bands out there and some fukkin horrific singers that can't hold H Jones jock. They make decent music but the double self-titled cd's and horrific cover and video for Holy Diver really hurt their credibility to me. Overall they're still one of the best bands on the bill to me and play a solid setlist.

That being said their guitar player (I refuse to look his name up) is the biggest assclown douche in the history of music. Rick Neilson and Angus Young both have a schtick. They play fun, rock and roll and act like clowns and it works. There is no place for that guy playing with a band like Slayer acting like that. He demeans the other metal bands with his copycat douche act. It's not funny, it's not cool, it's not real and I'm surprised more people haven't called him out for it. The guitar strap under his chin alone made me want to punch him in his piehole. :confused:

Indestructible
07-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Their are so many other bands on mayhemfest that kill music. killswitch isnt one of them. whitechaple and behemoth kill music

rjturtle9
07-22-2009, 12:25 PM
That being said their guitar player (I refuse to look his name up) is the biggest assclown douche in the history of music. Rick Neilson and Angus Young both have a schtick. They play fun, rock and roll and act like clowns and it works. There is no place for that guy playing with a band like Slayer acting like that. He demeans the other metal bands with his copycat douche act. It's not funny, it's not cool, it's not real and I'm surprised more people haven't called him out for it. The guitar strap under his chin alone made me want to punch him in his piehole. :confused:

i actually think the guy is one of the funniest stage people ever. yes he is kind of a douche, but damn he's hilarious.

mankvill
07-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Just because you like them doesn't mean they're not killing metal music.

But they are. They're saturating the metal scene with shitty breakdowns, shitty clean vocals and shitty attitudes. 10 years from now, there's going to be a whole generation of kids who think Killswitch Engage are fucking metal and awesome, holding them in the highest regard. People can like whatever the fuck they want to like, but it doesn't change the fact that this band and metalcore in general is killing metal. Glam did it, nu-metal did it, metalcore is doing it.

mankvill
07-22-2009, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=rjturtle9;220678]:lol: wigger slam. that shit made me spit out my orange drink.

Wigger-slam and orange drink in the same sentence. That's funny I don't care who ya are.

As far as the Killswitch debate goes, be real. There are MANY worse bands out there and some fukkin horrific singers that can't hold H Jones jock. They make decent music but the double self-titled cd's and horrific cover and video for Holy Diver really hurt their credibility to me. Overall they're still one of the best bands on the bill to me and play a solid setlist.

Well said. I'm not really knocking Howard because of how his vocals sound, more that they're fucking there.

Their music still is metalcore, and therefore sucks, though.

mankvill
07-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Their are so many other bands on mayhemfest that kill music. killswitch isnt one of them. whitechaple and behemoth kill music

lol shut up

Sanitarium78
07-22-2009, 12:48 PM
I like KSE. They're not the greatest band ever and will never be close to that but I don't see how they're killing metal. Is it becasue they're last 2 albums have gone gold? They way I see it is any metal band that can sell well is a positive thing for the genre it'll cause more people to get into metal overall. The lyrics are little more pussy on the new one but I fail to see how that alone is killing anything in metal. I'm sure there are plenty of metal bands out there who suck way more at it. I do think their cover of Holy Diver is bad though but i'm also a big Dio fan.

I still think it's funny that Manson is the headliner yet most of the reviews I've read everyone is leaving after Slayer who should be the headliner anyways.

mankvill
07-22-2009, 12:50 PM
I like KSE. They're not the greatest band ever and will never be close to that but I don't see how they're killing metal. Is it becasue they're last 2 albums have gone gold? They way I see it is any metal band that can sell well is a positive thing for the genre it'll cause more people to get into metal overall. The lyrics are little more pussy on the new one but I fail to see how that alone is killing anything in metal. I'm sure there are plenty of metal bands out there who suck way more at it. I do think their cover of Holy Diver is bad though but i'm also a big Dio fan.

I still think it's funny that Manson is the headliner yet most of the reviews I've read everyone is leaving after Slayer who should be the headliner anyways.

The only good thing I see about Killswitch Engage/metalcore being popular is that maybe it'll fester a lot of hatred for the genre in younger people who will, in turn, make fuckawesome bands as a result.

Indestructible
07-22-2009, 12:50 PM
My only problem with the holy diver cover is that he screams in it. if your able to use clean vocals you keep using the clean vocals good screamer or not you shouldnt scream in a dio song.

Sanitarium78
07-22-2009, 01:09 PM
The only good thing I see about Killswitch Engage/metalcore being popular is that maybe it'll fester a lot of hatred for the genre in younger people who will, in turn, make fuckawesome bands as a result.

I think you're taking the whole metalcore label to seriously. I don't pay attention to what kind of metal sub genre each band falls into. I've never really worried about that to me it's all just metal. Some bands just play it differently than others.

mankvill
07-22-2009, 01:13 PM
I think you're taking the whole metalcore label to seriously. I don't pay attention to what kind of metal sub genre each band falls into. I've never really worried about that to me it's all just metal. Some bands just play it differently than others.

To each their own. I'm not gonna say that there's a million different sub-sub-sub-sub genres, but Killswitch Engage and Marduk do not play the same style of metal.

TonyD
07-22-2009, 01:21 PM
But they are. They're saturating the metal scene with shitty breakdowns, shitty clean vocals and shitty attitudes. 10 years from now, there's going to be a whole generation of kids who think Killswitch Engage are fucking metal and awesome, holding them in the highest regard. People can like whatever the fuck they want to like, but it doesn't change the fact that this band and metalcore in general is killing metal. Glam did it, nu-metal did it, metalcore is doing it.

I was referring to indestructible who was referring to you.

mankvill
07-22-2009, 01:27 PM
I was referring to indestructible who was referring to you.

Oh. :D

sry babe <3 *buys you an ice cream cake*

TonyD
07-22-2009, 01:49 PM

You best be takin' me to Applebee's on friday.

Indestructible
07-22-2009, 02:04 PM

But killswitch isnt doing any of that. the metal genre isnt dying even the bands who cant sing or scream well arent killing anything

mankvill
07-22-2009, 02:09 PM
But killswitch isnt doing any of that. the metal genre isnt dying even the bands who cant sing or scream well arent killing anything

lol shut up

rjturtle9
07-22-2009, 02:16 PM

:lol:

DisasterPiece120
07-22-2009, 02:24 PM
that god forbid song is probably force fed

DethMaiden
07-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Yo Jackson, you're right in saying that Killswitch Engage are a fucking terrible band and a cancer and all that, but metalcore is already a thing of the past for the most part. Deathcore is the trendy plague fucking up metal right now, metalcore was fucking it up more when I was first getting into metal in like 2003 and 2004. All the major metalcore bands have either dropped off the face of the earth or changed their style enough to not suck anymore (obviously excluding KSE). I'd rather hear a shitty Killswitch song than any deathcore song any day.

Indestructible
07-22-2009, 02:48 PM
KSE is one of the 3 good bands on mayhem this year. Hopfully next year mayhem will do it right

(sic)&disturbed
07-22-2009, 03:27 PM

:boohoo:

IrritatedTrout
07-22-2009, 03:45 PM
I want to see Slayer really bad but I just found out what a ticket to this show for the VA Beach date will cost me.

$49.50 Ticket
+
$6.00 Parking
+
$0.25 Charity
+
$13.00 Ticket Fee
+
$4.95 Ticket Tax
=
$73.70 For short Behemoth and CC sets and an hour of Slayer. Fuck that shit. The Slayer set looks awesome but I'll save my money for some shows this fall that aren't saturated with core junk and freakin Manson.

On a side note, I know ticketmaster charges you a BS "service fee" but at least that wording sounds better than LiveNation's freakin "ticket fee". Basically says let me charge you $13 (!) to have the privilege of purchasing something.

Slayer better do a US headlining tour for World Painted Blood.

mankvill
07-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Yo Jackson, you're right in saying that Killswitch Engage are a fucking terrible band and a cancer and all that, but metalcore is already a thing of the past for the most part. Deathcore is the trendy plague fucking up metal right now, metalcore was fucking it up more when I was first getting into metal in like 2003 and 2004. All the major metalcore bands have either dropped off the face of the earth or changed their style enough to not suck anymore (obviously excluding KSE). I'd rather hear a shitty Killswitch song than any deathcore song any day.

Troof.

b_halperin
07-22-2009, 04:06 PM
KSE is one of the 3 good bands on mayhem this year. Hopfully next year mayhem will do it right

people get mad at your comments because you act like your statement is a fact and not an opinion.

TonyD
07-22-2009, 04:29 PM
I want to see Slayer really bad but I just found out what a ticket to this show for the VA Beach date will cost me.

$49.50 Ticket
+
$6.00 Parking
+
$0.25 Charity
+
$13.00 Ticket Fee
+
$4.95 Ticket Tax
=
$73.70 For short Behemoth and CC sets and an hour of Slayer. Fuck that shit. The Slayer set looks awesome but I'll save my money for some shows this fall that aren't saturated with core junk and freakin Manson.

On a side note, I know ticketmaster charges you a BS "service fee" but at least that wording sounds better than LiveNation's freakin "ticket fee". Basically says let me charge you $13 (!) to have the privilege of purchasing something.

I'm so sick of this, I got up early on a sunday, drove 20 minutes to and from BART and paid $8.50 for a round trip to save $20 on a pair of tickets just for the principal of saying fuck you to Ticketmaster/Live Nation.
Trent Reznor was right about this whole thing, since they've merged I've noticed that fees have gone up also. You might notice now that Ticketmaster redirects you to Live Nation online for many shows.

TonyD
07-22-2009, 04:30 PM
people get mad at your comments because you act like your statement is a fact and not an opinion.

+1

Sanitarium78
07-22-2009, 05:17 PM

That's true. Just cos someone likes a band that you don't doesn't mean they're wrong it just means that their taste differs from yours. You don't attack people just because they like different bands than you. Different people hear different things in music and it's not always the same as what you or someone else will hear in a certian band.

mastodon421
07-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Alright some responses

i dont think any band is killing metal. They are different scenes and many different types of fan. There are the scene kids that like BMTH and Suicide Silence, they are the chicks like The Devil Wears Prada and BMFV. There are the "legit" metalheads that like Napalm Death and Cannibal Corpse. There are a lot of more different kinds of people. I think if people just stay out of each other's scenes then everything would be fine.

also Indestructible. Only 3 good bands on the bill thats funny:eyes: Even that your opinion dude you cant tell everyone here what to think man. Personally i dont like 2 bands on this tour [Behemoth,Trivium] and i only hate 1 of them with a burning passion[Trivium] and i have lot of respect for Behemoth but cant get into there stuff.Just embrace other peoples differences and dont go around attacking other people.

Also i think Mayhem will get it right next year because they have gotten it right the past 2 years. So just keep making deverse lineups that for the most part is everyone is please with and they will keep being sucessfull.

jhdeity
07-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Just catching up. All I can say if Turtle thinks King Douche is funny in any way he obviously is 17 years old. It's been done before and it's been done right. Educate yourself dude.

Municipal Waste is funny in the coolest way ever. They have some hilarious lyrics and banter. They don't parade around like Freddie Mercury with a dick up his ass playing metal and making his other bandmates look like clowns. That's all I'm saying.

I'm still looking forward to seeing Killswitch but I'll be in the pisser getting torked during Holy Diver to beat the crowd and will stand on the opposite side of the stage (or backstage) while they play.

I'm wearing my KFK Industries shirt and plan on getting Kerry Fucking King to sign it. My boys BTS are signed by Dirtbag now and they have some cool ass swag that I'm going to help throw to the crowd. It's on like fukkin donkey kong!

rjturtle9
07-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Just catching up. All I can say if Turtle thinks King Douche is funny in any way he obviously is 17 years old. It's been done before and it's been done right. Educate yourself dude.

Municipal Waste is funny in the coolest way ever. They have some hilarious lyrics and banter. They don't parade around like Freddie Mercury with a dick up his ass playing metal and making his other bandmates look like clowns. That's all I'm saying.

to the first part: :(

to the second part: i agree. municipal waste are the funniest band out there, but they have some of the sickest shows to.

TonyD
07-23-2009, 01:22 PM
When did MW come into the conversation?

rjturtle9
07-23-2009, 01:25 PM
When did MW come into the conversation?

when they were sent to us to out do adam d

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-23-2009, 02:33 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

And you're saying Behemoth is killing music? And that you understand Howard Jones' screams clearly yet not Corpsegrinder's? There is something wrong with you. His obnoxious high screams make it very difficult to understand what the hell he's saying, all that's known is it's about some stupid relationship or personal revelation that no one gives a shit about. How you think Killswitch are one of the "3 good bands on Mayhem" and Cannibal and Behemoth are not is beyond me, and quite frankly, retarted.

rjturtle9
07-23-2009, 02:44 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

And you're saying Behemoth is killing music? And that you understand Howard Jones' screams clearly yet not Corpsegrinder's? There is something wrong with you. His obnoxious high screams make it very difficult to understand what the hell he's saying, all that's known is it's about some stupid relationship or personal revelation that no one gives a shit about. How you think Killswitch are one of the "3 good bands on Mayhem" and Cannibal and Behemoth are not is beyond me, and quite frankly, retarted.

u know i love behemoth and cannibal corpse, but i really can't understand shit of what they're saying lol

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-23-2009, 02:54 PM
u know i love behemoth and cannibal corpse, but i really can't understand shit of what they're saying lol

I can't either, that's not the point I was trying to get across haha. I was trying to say that he judges a good screamer/vocalist or whatever by how well you can understand the lyrics and whatnot. It's how well he sounds. While the lyrics are most definately an added bonus to the song package, the delivery is 10x more important for me. And that's why I listen to death metal, black metal, etc. I can't directly understand the content of what he's saying, but it sounds fucking awesome. If I wish, I can look up the lyrics and then that doubles the meaning and all, but for me it's the music first and foremost.

edit: I would love to hear anyone say they can listen to Killswitch Engage's screams and tell me exactly what the lyrics are without looking or knowing before. Any different from another screamer my ass, except maybe worse minimum.

b_halperin
07-23-2009, 03:16 PM
all that's known is it's about some stupid relationship or personal revelation that no one gives a shit about.

:metal:

Indestructible
07-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Why would you listen to something if you cant understand the lyrics. i guess im different i like to know what is being said in the songs i listen to. i guess people have better ears than me cause they can understand what behemoth and cannibal corpse are saying i cant.

makethemsuffer12
07-23-2009, 04:23 PM

Dear God, can you just fuck off and die already? And for the love of God, go to English class once in a while.

causeofdeath
07-23-2009, 09:06 PM
slayer is pretty known for their sound problems. im guessing they have a really bad sound guy

Butcher of Birth
07-23-2009, 10:29 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! GTFO! Are you serious? God Damn... hahaha Killswitch is killswitch, I don't care for them, but I'm not gonna get into it to much besides, when it comes down to Metalcore I only really like Shadows Fall. Now... Whitechaple is killing metal/music for sure, they are just a band following the trends of other bands, and last years summer slaughter was basically the same band after another, minus Kataklym and Vader.

But then you put Behemoth in the same sentence as "whitechapel" and "kill music"... You have yourself a real issue. Clearly you are not a fan of A) Death Metal or B) Good Blackened Death Metal that Hails from Poland (:lol:). But it's bands like Behemoth and others that are doing their OWN thing and not following what Revolver or Hot Topic or Myspace is dishing out saying is fresh and the best. Behemoth has been doing their own thing since they started, sure they changed from Black Metal to Death Metal, but it wasn't because "Oh wow wee! We are more populars! Ya-Woo!". With purely true good intentions on their part they are paving the way for other bands who don't want to be slammed into one genre and pegged to be "That Kinda Band", they show others band "Hey, you can make your own style, be your own band, and still sell put Headlining Tours".

Behemoth is helping music, and 100% NOT hurting it in the least.

Btw: :2cents:

b_halperin
07-24-2009, 01:38 AM
Why would you listen to something if you cant understand the lyrics. i guess im different i like to know what is being said in the songs i listen to. i guess people have better ears than me cause they can understand what behemoth and cannibal corpse are saying i cant.

:bigfinger

mastodon421
07-24-2009, 07:28 AM
I love Killswitch to death and they are one of fave bands so I cant bash them but a majority of the time i can understand what Howard says when we screams. He has actually has one of the more understandble screams in metal. I dont understand how someone could dump on Cannibal and say are that bad even if you dont like them they have so much for Death Metal and they are pioneers.

mankvill
07-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Correct Trivium set updated in first post.

rjturtle9
07-24-2009, 12:37 PM
I can't either, that's not the point I was trying to get across haha. I was trying to say that he judges a good screamer/vocalist or whatever by how well you can understand the lyrics and whatnot. It's how well he sounds. While the lyrics are most definately an added bonus to the song package, the delivery is 10x more important for me. And that's why I listen to death metal, black metal, etc. I can't directly understand the content of what he's saying, but it sounds fucking awesome. If I wish, I can look up the lyrics and then that doubles the meaning and all, but for me it's the music first and foremost.

yeah man true. but for me, black metal and death metal lyrics aren't important to me. there's some forms of music that i like because of the lyrics, and others i like just for the pure intensity of the music

jimcarrey363
07-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm going to see this show on Friday, and I'm so PUMPED! Mushroomhead will be there too! Too bad J Mann isn't still in the band. I like his voice a little better than Waylon's.

Do you know about what time the main stage started? I want to get there to see some of the 2nd stage bands, so I'm trying to judge my 2+ hour drive.

Also, not that my opinion matters, but KSE is great! They are a great bunch of guys who rock and know how to have fun on stage. I'm not at all scared to say I've enjoyed their show all 4 times I've seen them.

I appreciate your opinion though mankvill. Some people love Dragonforce, and I think they are the worst band ever. To each his own.

mankvill
07-28-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm going to see this show on Friday, and I'm so PUMPED! Mushroomhead will be there too! Too bad J Mann isn't still in the band. I like his voice a little better than Waylon's.

Do you know about what time the main stage started? I want to get there to see some of the 2nd stage bands, so I'm trying to judge my 2+ hour drive.

Also, not that my opinion matters, but KSE is great! They are a great bunch of guys who rock and know how to have fun on stage. I'm not at all scared to say I've enjoyed their show all 4 times I've seen them.

I appreciate your opinion though mankvill. Some people love Dragonforce, and I think they are the worst band ever. To each his own.

The set times are posted all over the place once you get there, but my date, the main stage started at abooooooooout 5:30. I think my date was the first one where the 2nd stages finished up completely before the main stages started. I dunno if they still do that. It was: All the 2nd stage bands play except Cannibal Corpse, BFMV would open the mains tage, CC would close the 2nd stages, and then the mainstage would continue. But on my date, all the 2nd stages finished before the main stage started. So, be careful about that.

Also: Dforce roolz, dood. ;)

powerslave_85
07-28-2009, 12:25 PM
From what I've heard, KSE are the type whose stage banter consists of "GET YOUR TITTIES OUT." Nothing will make me hate a band quicker than that bullshit.

mankvill
07-28-2009, 12:30 PM
From what I've heard, KSE are the type whose stage banter consists of "GET YOUR TITTIES OUT." Nothing will make me hate a band quicker than that bullshit.

That's all it was. It was 86% "LET'S SEE SOME TITS!" and 14% "look at all the douchebags not enjoying us, they must be on their period lol!"

powerslave_85
07-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I guess they said something like "What is this, a tampon convention?" I don't advocate throwing things at bands, but I'd make an exception for these assholes.

mankvill
07-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I guess they said something like "What is this, a tampon convention?" I don't advocate throwing things at bands, but I'd make an exception for these assholes.

Yup. Someone made a good point: Being silly on stage and having crowd banter like that (just not for 30% of your fucking set) is acceptable when a band has music that fits that. For example: Municipal Waste!

TonyD
07-28-2009, 01:35 PM
I forgot how lame and annoying this band actually is.

jimcarrey363
07-28-2009, 02:01 PM
The set times are posted all over the place once you get there, but my date, the main stage started at abooooooooout 5:30. I think my date was the first one where the 2nd stages finished up completely before the main stages started. I dunno if they still do that. It was: All the 2nd stage bands play except Cannibal Corpse, BFMV would open the mains tage, CC would close the 2nd stages, and then the mainstage would continue. But on my date, all the 2nd stages finished before the main stage started. So, be careful about that.

Also: Dforce roolz, dood. ;)

lol.

Thanks for the info! :rocker:

Llamai
07-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Pretty sure the two other ATR songs were This Calling, and Undone. If it was the same set as the Chicago show..

mastodon421
07-31-2009, 07:36 AM
mankvill do you by any chance know when/where The Black Dahlia Murder signed?

jhdeity
07-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Just read this on lambgoat.com and it made my day. I knew KFK wouldn't tolerate that bullshit. All fukkin hail KFK!

Kerry King calls out Killswitch Engage

When asked about the reports that SLAYER once threw KILLSWITCH ENGAGE off one of its tours, Kerry King said "We actually didn't get to. I tried. Because I'd never seen 'em live, and then I saw them live at some, I don't know, maybe at Kerrang! Awards over in Europe. And I'm just offended by the silliness that goes on on stage [on the part of] the guitar player [Adam Dutkiewicz]. He puts his foot in his mouth all the time and he says stupid shit, and I just didn't think that side show should be on my stage. So I pulled the plug on the spot, but on that particular Jägermeister tour, we didn't have any product and they did, so Jäger kind of insisted, and I went... They're all friends of mine, so I said, 'OK, I'll deal with it.' Still don't like it."

mankvill
07-31-2009, 11:55 AM
mankvill do you by any chance know when/where The Black Dahlia Murder signed?

I think they were the Revolver tent.

Hot Topic tent: Cannibal Corpse, Job For a Cowboy
Revolver tent: Black Dahlia, Whitechapel
Roadrunner tent: Trivium, All That Remains

I think that's how it went. And Kerry King signs at the Jager tent.

Butcher of Birth
07-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Behemoth isn't doing a signing?

TonyD
07-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Behemoth isn't doing a signing?

No, but there is a face painting booth.

Butcher of Birth
07-31-2009, 09:16 PM
No, but there is a face painting booth.

Promise?

Nick_to_the_face
08-27-2011, 11:35 PM
LOL BUMP

masterguy49
08-27-2011, 11:39 PM
LOL BUMP

THANKS TO ME :D

InFlamesOfBirchmen
08-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Hooray for resurrecting a previously dead discussion!

I wish I had been into Behemoth when I went to the show. Quite honestly, I mocked them from a distance while waiting for the CC signing, but after listening to the Evangelion album, I really got into some of their music.

As for the KSE debate - we're all wasting our time. If any band on that lineup should've been hated, its Job for a Cowboy. I've tried to get into their music, but its shit, plain and simple. I'll take KSE over JFAC any day.

mankvill
08-28-2011, 01:43 PM
why

InFlamesOfBirchmen
08-28-2011, 02:22 PM
To which part?

Sepultura69
08-29-2011, 09:43 AM
ZOMGZ REZZURECTED DEAD THREAD :eek: