PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Speaks!

makethemsuffer12
07-21-2009, 06:44 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123996

Wow. After I read this, all I can say is fuck Anthrax.

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah man, that is fucked up. No morals in that band anymore, seriously. No matter who individually did the call (my compass points to Ian), the full band takes responsibility. That is so fucked up, no matter how Dan Nelson was not the greatest vocalist ever, he was a really chill and down to earth guy (met him once), and he fit Anthrax very well IMO. Well, they don't deserve Nelson if they're gonna stoop that low. Fuck Anthrax :finger2:

Div
07-21-2009, 07:09 PM
why do bands do that? kick a guy out and not even let him know until he reads about it online? i dont see the purpose of this. iced earth did it to ripper owens last year too. it seems like anyone with some decency would atleast tell them to their face that they're going to have to leave.

SomewhereInTime72
07-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Bullshit like this is probably why Belladonna didn't stay. :bouville: :flame:

Maiden33
07-21-2009, 07:21 PM
I really don't know what to say here, I really can't take anyone's side. I do know that SOMETHING here does not add up, and someone is bullshitting someone else. Anyone else notice how the statement from either party didn't actually give a proper reason for WHY this is happening in the first place? I realize the obvious thing to do here is blame the rest of the band because Nelson seems like the victim, but take logic into consideration here. SOMETHING had to be wrong. If there is one shred of common sense in the rest of Anthrax, they would not go through the process of canceling multiple shows (or tours) over nothing. There had to be something deeper going on here, and as far as I can tell, my first instinct points to Nelson being at fault and not being able to realize it. The rest of the band collectively obviously had SOME kind of issue with him, and regardless of whether or not it was valid, the fact that it did not come out at all in Nelson's press release seems to point to him being in denial and playing stupid. That's just one theory though, could all be crap.

metal01
07-21-2009, 07:24 PM
They keep doing this from Neil and all the singers before him to dan nelson no one in there right mind should sing for them. I was always ok with nelson but i was really getting into his singing lately. Honestly its gotta be John Bush now or they need to hang it up. I think after this one show together it will become official.

SomewhereInTime72
07-21-2009, 09:29 PM
I've never even heard this guy sing.

edit: With Anthrax that is, heard one song from his old band or something when he was first announced as the replacement.

ADD
07-22-2009, 01:28 PM
You guys should watch that video they have attached on one of the news stories related to this on Blabbermouth, you can see the wheels coming off in the interview. My theory: Nelson was doin a little too much :realchug:

JRA
07-22-2009, 02:17 PM
You guys should watch that video they have attached on one of the news stories related to this on Blabbermouth, you can see the wheels coming off in the interview. My theory: Nelson was doin a little too much :realchug:

Enh, not really. I watched the first three minutes and it just seemed like everyday Anthrax ball-busting. I got bored and turned it off.

ADD
07-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Enh, not really. I watched the first three minutes and it just seemed like everyday Anthrax ball-busting. I got bored and turned it off.
Oh it gets more ridiculous, and you can tell how uncomfortable Charlie is and how he tries to make it not so awkward.

SomewhereInTime72
07-22-2009, 02:54 PM
It's a possibility that Nelson ended up being a gigantic douche and the rest of the band unanimously were just like "Fuck this guy," and him being a gigantic douche, never really noticed how much of a dick he was being.

It would at least semi-justify the shitty conditions of his ejection.

Maiden33
07-23-2009, 09:51 AM
It's a possibility that Nelson ended up being a gigantic douche and the rest of the band unanimously were just like "Fuck this guy," and him being a gigantic douche, never really noticed how much of a dick he was being.

It would at least semi-justify the shitty conditions of his ejection.

That's kind of what I thought.

makethemsuffer12
07-23-2009, 09:59 AM
I don't know about that. When I met him he was really nice and very down to earth. It's kind of hard to see him being a douche of sorts.

Maiden33
07-23-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't know about that. When I met him he was really nice and very down to earth. It's kind of hard to see him being a douche of sorts.

It's possible to be nice to fans but a complete toolbag to work with.
Case in point: Sebastian Bach is nice to fans. Enough said.

I just consider one of my own experiences with my band. When we were looking around for a 2nd guitarist a few months ago, we found this guy that at first seemed a perfect fit. We tried him out for a couple of weeks, teaching him some songs and everything, but eventually we just hit a brick wall where things just couldn't progress any further and we realized that it wasn't the right call. The guy was pretty delusional about himself, and when we told him we were rejecting him and why, he gave us this fuck-ton of attitude acting like our extremely valid reasons were unfounded and that there was no way he was at fault.

SomewhereInTime72
07-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Also, some people are just really great guys, until you really get to know them - then after several months it just kinda hits you that they're evil. This has really become apparent to me over the last year and a half or so, as well as the opposite being true.

300%_Density
07-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Honestly I really don't think this will be something that we will ever know. Nelson is going to have his side of the story and then there will be the rest of the bands side. Based off of their previous history I'm sure more people will side w/ Nelson. The only way I think everybody will know is if there is a 3rd party that knows both Nelson and the rest of the band is not subjective either way. And I'm going to guess that no such person actually exists. I'm still hoping for a Bush reunion...