PDA

View Full Version : Unearth -- Allentown, PA -- July 11th, 2009

Hammer Smashed Face
07-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Show at the Crocodile Rock Cafe

Several openers including: Starring Janet Leigh, Woe of Tyrants, For the Fallen Dreams (I do not really know any of these acts' material. For the fallen dreams seemed to be the strongest of this lot.)

My tenth time seeing Unearth. They never disappoint. They played the following; close, but not necessarily in this order:

My will be done
Crow killer
Zombie autopilot
Sanctity of brothers
This lying world
Bloodlust of the human condition
One step away
Grave of opportunity
We are not anonymous
Endless
The great dividers

Great show, but the crowd was rather sparse. In my opinion, they are really pushing the latest pressing. I think they need to add My heart bleeds no longer to the set. Surprised, but not really concerned that they did not play Black hearts now reign...

Good times...

AnthG
07-21-2009, 08:08 PM
A little surprised at the absence at Black hearts now reign as well. Great song, but maybe they just got tired of always closing with it. Let alone playing it.

And they've been really limiting the amount of stuff the play off of In the eyes of fire on this cycle. They don't seem to play more than 1-2 songs on that album even in headlining sets. Giles is an absolutely killer live tune.

MusicDude415
07-22-2009, 02:13 PM
thats a pretty sweet unearth set.

still havent had a chance to see them live yet. I really want to go to this show, but couldnt. Oh well, next time.

How is Croc. Rock? Never been there, yet.

Hammer Smashed Face
08-19-2009, 06:57 PM
the Croc is a great place. My all-time favorite is the Troc. The Croc is up there though. Small venue, but the draw back is that they double book and hold shows on two different floors. During down times at the Unearth show, you could hear the bass from another show downstairs. Somewhat annoying.