PDA

View Full Version : Pagan's Mind

IrritatedTrout
07-19-2009, 07:55 PM
They're doing a headlining show in DC in September and I'm thinking of going. Are they any good live though? I havn't heard a ton of their stuff (but I've liked what I've heard so far) and they're coming Sept. 15 which is a timeslot that's already kinda full (Motorhead 9/8, Edguy 9/11, and I'm already having to skip Primal Fear on 9/9) so I don't know if I should go if they aren't a really good live band.

Maiden33
07-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I've been told Pagans Mind are an absolutely fantastic live band, though I've never experienced it for myself. I saw this show posted on the Jaxx website, and truth be told, if September wasn't already looking so hectic, I'd probably make the 3.5 hour trip just to get the chance to see them headline. But alas considering how much other shit I've got planned in that time period and the fact that I'm already gonna see Pagans Mind (albeit opening for Stratovarius), I'm gonna have to pass. I have a feeling it'd be worth your time though.

JuuKun
07-20-2009, 07:03 AM
I've been a fan of Pagan's Mind for around six or seven years now, they're one of my favorite bands. Personally, I travelled 28 hours and paid a few hundred dollars to make my trip to ProgPower USA VIII possible, all for this band having a co-headlining slot. And it was worth every penny, they stole the entire weekend. They are a PHENOMENAL live band, and while it may have something to do with what seeing them meant to me after everything I went through to get there, it's still my favorite live set I've seen. You're lucky for them to have a headlining date near you.

Fe Maiden
07-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Pagans Mind:drool:

Not too crazy about their latest album though:eyes:

Altmer7989
07-31-2009, 07:20 AM
they are all right live but fuuuuuck that is one annoying singer

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-31-2009, 07:55 AM

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

JuuKun
07-31-2009, 07:56 AM

Get out. :mad:

Nils is one of my favorite vocalists, so I guess I've never understood why people say he's annoying...

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I love Pagan's Mind. I'm driving from Dallas to Atlanta just to see them and Fates Warning on the same bill.

JuuKun
07-31-2009, 11:41 AM
I love Pagan's Mind. I'm driving from Dallas to Atlanta just to see them and Fates Warning on the same bill.

Have fun. I can't make it this year, so I'm going to do my best to see them with Stratovarius. They're awesome live, though, and speaking from experience, the trip is DEFINITELY worth it.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-25-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm now flying to Atlanta instead of driving. Couldn't pass up $199 round trip.

but that's not why I'm posting.

Here's why. Pagan's Mind covering 2 Minutes to Midnight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0JeBfMGkyY&NR=1

Maiden33
08-25-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm now flying to Atlanta instead of driving. Couldn't pass up $199 round trip.

but that's not why I'm posting.

Here's why. Pagan's Mind covering 2 Minutes to Midnight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0JeBfMGkyY&NR=1

Holy shit, that's awesome. Nils sounds fantastic. It's kind of funny how they really have such their own sound and style that even when covering a Maiden song, they Pagans Mind-ize it a bit.

Fe Maiden
08-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Awesome they actually did that cover some justice!