PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Festival -- Auburn, WA -- July 14th, 2009

slipknot4ever24
07-16-2009, 02:57 PM
I just have a few things to say about it. if you dont have any tickets for mayhem, GET SOME. This is a show you have to see! It was better then last year and if you dont go then its your loss. The best show I have been to yet.

Marilyn Manson...5/5:
We're From America
Disposable Teens
Little Horn
Irresposible Hate Anthem
Four Rusted Horses
Armagoddamnmotherfuckingeddon :party:
The Dope Show
Rock Is Dead :horns:
Tourinquet
Sweet Dreams
Beautiful People

Slayer!...5/5:
Darkness Of Christ
Disciple :horns:
Chemical Warfare?
Jihad
Psychopathy Red
War Ensemble?
Mandatory Suicide :rocker:
?????????
Ghosts Of War
Dead Skin Mask
Hell Awaits
South Of Heaven
Angel Of Death
Raining Blood

Killswitch Engage...5/5:
My Last Serenade
Starting Over
Fixation On Darkness
Rose Of Sharyn
A Light In A Darkened World :tongue:
A Bid Farewell
My Curse
The End Of Heartache
Holy Diver

Bullet For My Valentine...AWFUL: :eyes:
Waking The Demon
New Song?
4 Words To Choke Upon
Hand Of Blood
Tears Dont Fall
End Of Days
Scream Aim Fire

Cannibal Corpse...From what I saw...4/5:
Evisceration Plague
The Time To Kill Is Now
I Cum Blood (Thats all I saw)

Trivium...4.5/5:
Rain
When All Light Dies
Down From The Sky :party:
Throes Of Perdition
Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr

Behemoth...5/5:
Slaves Shall Serve
At The Left Hand Ov God
Demigod
Conquer All
Ov Fire And Void :rocker:
Chant For Ezchaton 2000

All That Remains...5/5:
This Calling
Chiron
Six
Forever In Your Hands :light:
The Air That I Breathe
Undone
Two Weeks :party:

Job For A Cowboy...5/5:
Knee Deep :horns:
Altered From Cathechization
Unfurling A Darkened Gospel :rocker:
Regurgitated Disinformation
Entobment Of A Machine
Embedded

God Forbid...5/5:
Force Fed
War Of Attrition :rocker:
Empire Of The Gun
To The Fallen Hero
The End Of The World

The Black Dahlia Murder...2.5/5
Everything Went Black??
Necropolis?
Miasama
What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Funeral Thirst

I didnt see the Jager band or Whitechapel :(. But oh well this concert was BRUTAL.

b_halperin
07-16-2009, 02:59 PM
i love all that remains, but they play too much new stuff. The album was good, but not great. they have to play more old stuff.

Edit: I also just realized that they are totally ignoring their first two albums. Shame

mankvill
07-16-2009, 03:02 PM
the ?????? for Slayer might be Born of Fire.

Sanitarium78
07-16-2009, 03:05 PM
i love all that remains, but they play too much new stuff. The album was good, but not great. they have to play more old stuff.

Edit: I also just realized that they are totally ignoring their first two albums. Shame

Well they're touring in support of the new disc what would you expect? Plus with Two Weeks getting some radio play(at least where i live) the new disc is probably selling better than their previous ones.

b_halperin
07-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Well they're touring in support of the new disc what would you expect? Plus with Two Weeks getting some radio play(at least where i live) the new disc is probably selling better than their previous ones.

Yeah, but I've seen them 3 times, and they've always played at least 60% of material from Overcome. I just want them to change it up every once in a while

Sanitarium78
07-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, but I've seen them 3 times, and they've always played at least 60% of material from Overcome. I just want them to change it up every once in a while

I understand that but most bands don't do like Metallica and rotate songs every night. Most of em just pick a set and stay with it and only switch a song or two up. Weather they play a lot off the first three albums or not being on Mayhem should help boost all their album sales a little.

I'm seeing them on the 30th with Killswitch on an off date from Mayhem maybe they'll have a little more time and do some more old stuff.

impropagation666
07-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Cannibal Corpse is a 4/5 and BlowJob For a Cowboy is 5/5??? :tp:

300%_Density
07-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm a little pissed about God Forbid. Those are literally the same 5 songs they were playing on No Fear Tour. Glad somebody was brave enough to post the Manson setlists.

LoveInSlowMotion
07-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Fucking christ ATR, at least throw us a bone with This Darkened Heart or Tattred on my sleeve. No one will hate you for playing one less song off your mediocre new album.

EDIT: Jesus that's a bad BFMV set. No Spit You Out, no The Poison.

At least Behemoth is bringing an A+ set. Though I could live with Demigod being dropped for Christians to the Lions or As Above So Below.

Glad BDM is keeping Miasma and Funeral Thirst too. THERE'S a band that knows how to balance new and old material.

JuuKun
07-16-2009, 07:43 PM
At least Behemoth is bringing an A+ set. Though I could live with Demigod being dropped for Christians to the Lions or As Above So Below.

I've seen a setlist that says As Above So Below is also played near the end of the set, but it's only been one - but it was on the Behemoth forum. So, I don't know.

Butcher of Birth
07-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Cannibal Corpse gets a worse rating then Trivium? GTFO! :mad:

They are the best band on the 2nd stage. Without Behemoth and Corpse there is no point to 2nd Stage this year.

xStructualDefect
07-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Cannibal Corpse gets a worse rating then Trivium? GTFO! :mad:

They are the best band on the 2nd stage. Without Behemoth and Corpse there is no point to 2nd Stage this year.

well everybody has different opinions. i personally think BDM was the best on the 2nd stages. CC was alright but eh not that into it.

Palabra de Dios
07-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Honestly, this tour kind of blows. Slayer are past their prime, Manson's okay, but seriously? Trivium? Killwitch Engage? God Forbid? Job for a Cowboy? Black Dahlia Murder? All in one day? How can you stomach that shit?

It's like they took every generic American band that has an inch of popularity and threw them together. I'm surprised Lamb of God isn't on this bullshit tour. The only band that really redeems this at all, if possible, is Behemoth, who have yet to put out something that is better than Satanica or Thelema.6. It's time for American metalheads to grow up and listen to some underground shit and stop letting MTV2 and Hot Topic tell you what to listen to.:eyes:

mankvill
07-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Honestly, this tour kind of blows. Slayer are past their prime, Manson's okay, but seriously? Trivium? Killwitch Engage? God Forbid? Job for a Cowboy? Black Dahlia Murder? All in one day? How can you stomach that shit?

It's like they took every generic American band that has an inch of popularity and threw them together. I'm surprised Lamb of God isn't on this bullshit tour. The only band that really redeems this at all, if possible, is Behemoth, who have yet to put out something that is better than Satanica or Thelema.6. It's time for American metalheads to grow up and listen to some underground shit and stop letting MTV2 and Hot Topic tell you what to listen to.:eyes:

hipster

petrovar
07-17-2009, 04:05 AM
Honestly, this tour kind of blows. Slayer are past their prime, :

You obviously haven't seen Slayer live before

mastodon421
07-17-2009, 04:19 AM
God Forbid set is pretty much the same as there No Fear i also read they played Antihero in addition to the songs listed on the first page of this thread. So its their No Fear Set +To The Fallen Hero not a bad set but they kind of need to mix it up.

jhdeity
07-17-2009, 05:38 AM
Great job with the set lists man. With such a long day and moving around you get 2 fukkin big ass horns to the sky for the effort.

That's a lot of music knowledge there and I won't give you slack on not knowing one of Slayers best songs since it isn't on one of their best cd's.

The only thing I'm still baffeled by is BFMV sucking. I just downloaded a recent Rock Am Ring show of theirs and it fukkin KILLED. The quality of the show is a 9 and the musicianship is right there also. The best song was 4 words which was heavy as balls and sounded worlds better than on the cd.

I'm wondering if these guys are just beat and going through the motions or if people just don't like them. They do have 1 of the worst band names in the history of music...

And I agree with everyone on ATR. These guys are really growing on me but the new cd stuff isn't their best work.

Glad I saw the Manson setlist. Hotel party in Camden right after Slayer!!!!!!

Indestructible
07-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Armagoddamnmotherfuckingeddon
i still think if you have a song title like this you should not be allowed to headline over slayer.

Derelict
07-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Glad I saw the Manson setlist. Hotel party in Camden right after Slayer!!!!!!

Be careful where you booked your hotel

jhdeity
07-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Yeah I asked the Beyond the Scar guys where we were and they said right by the place. They booked the rooms with another band so it should be a big group of sick fucks. Sucks there's no decent strip clubs by there.

Funny shit... Someone told my boy Thane that Job for a Cowboy stole their cd title. I just assumed it was a coincidence that they had the same title Ruination but he was told differently so that could be interesting backstage.

metal01
07-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Bullet could have had a bad night when i saw them in Devore they kicked ass. Trivium and Killswitch in my opinion were two of the best bands of the day.

Butcher of Birth
07-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Opinions? Sure... But BDM have Blown live every time I've seen them. They have never matured into anything better since I 1st saw them in 2005.

They sound like an opener everywhere they go.

mastodon421
07-17-2009, 11:12 AM
i dont know what BDM shows you have seen because they killed it when i saw them in October.

TonyD
07-17-2009, 11:54 AM
i dont know what BDM shows you have seen because they killed it when i saw them in October.

They perform well but I really don't like their music.

LoveInSlowMotion
07-17-2009, 01:48 PM
I fucking despise scene kids, and by association, most of the bands they like.

But goddamn, BDM is pretty awesome. I honestly don't give a fuck that scene kids like them, they look like they are having a fucking blast every time I see them preform

kulamram
07-20-2009, 06:54 AM
how the fuck could trivium score higher than cannibal corpse?????

mastodon421
07-20-2009, 07:48 AM
They perform well but I really don't like their music.

I can respect that. Some of my friends feel the same way.

The_jman
07-20-2009, 10:37 AM
how the fuck could trivium score higher than cannibal corpse?????
Maybe he likes Trivium more? I for one do, so if I saw this show, who I liked would color my raiting of the bands. Yes I respect tallent even if I don't like a band, but most people are going to rate bands they really like higher, no matter how tallented or untallented certain bands are.