PDA

View Full Version : Goatwhore -- Hollywood, CA -- July 15th, 2009

b_halperin
07-15-2009, 11:54 PM
So much to report! It was a great day.

Got to the show when some local bands were playing. I didn't care much for them.

First band on the actual tour was Success Will Write Apocalypse Across the Sky (SWWAATS). They weren't my style and weren't memorable performers.

Now the real show started. Abysmal Dawn fucking owns all!!! They were amazing performers and got some great pits started. I got some great pictures from all of the performances which I will upload and post tomorrow. I bought a really sick T-shirt from them! If you haven't seen them, see them ASAP. Best band on the tour other than Goatwhore.

Next was Daath. I had no clue what to expect. They blew me away. They were so talented and got a good pit going. I could say more but just fucking buy their music!

Goatwhore was next. They were amazing! I talked to the singer after he's a really chill dude. Goatwhore always impresses. What I do not understand is why there are never good pits when they're playing. I was like the only one trying to mosh. People were headbanging but sometimes Goatwhore just needs to tell their fans to go apeshit! Alchemy of the Black Sun Cult was the highlight for me, just because it is such an amazing song!

I picked up the new CD, Carving Out the Eyes of God, as I really enjoyed the new songs that they played. I will give it a listen tonight.

I didn't stay for Abigail Williams, because of stupid curfew shit :(. I don't know if I would've liked them anyways.

I'll post more and pictures tomorrow, but I hope you enjoyed reading this short review.

Thanks,

Bennett

xStructualDefect
07-16-2009, 02:07 AM
i was going to go to this show for Abigail Williams but i've been busy this past week so i couldn't make it. sounds like a dope show though.

one of the openers of this show, Knight Eternal, is actually from the city i live in which is El Monte.

b_halperin
07-16-2009, 08:27 AM
one of the openers of this show, Knight Eternal, is actually from the city i live in which is El Monte.

woa thats pretty cool. they were the only one i found pretty good. and it's probably 50% because one of the members was wearing a bodom shirt :D

Butcher of Birth
07-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Williams headlined? Odd... But oh well... haha

Daath is always amazing. Haven't heard much of the new abum but oh well. If you feel the need, buy "The Hinderers".

b_halperin
07-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Williams headlined? Odd... But oh well... haha

Yea, that was very dissapointing, as I am a very big Goatwhore fan.

mankvill
07-16-2009, 03:03 PM
They were my first metal band I ever saw live! Shame I'm gonna miss them when they come here.

causeofdeath
07-16-2009, 09:35 PM
daath's old singer was so much better

Butcher of Birth
07-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah I could agree to the singer thing, only because I haven't heard the new stuff and The Hinderers is AMAZING!