PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith -- Atlanta, GA -- July 15th, 2009

ijwthstd
07-15-2009, 08:23 PM
So glad I didn't jump on the cheap lawn ticket for Irvine.

01. Eat The Rich
02. Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
03. Rag Doll
04. Back In The Saddle
05. Walkin' The Dog
06. Janie's Got A Gun
07. Last Child
08. Combination
09. Love In An Elevator
10. Mama Kin
11. Train Kept A Rollin'
12. Walk This Way
--JP Guitar Duel--
13. Stop Messin' Around
14. Draw The Line

Notes:

-David Hull filling in for Tom Hamilton at this show
-Brad Whitford is back

HugeRockStar
07-15-2009, 08:53 PM
They've stopped canceling shows?
WTF happened to playing all of Toys live? They advertised that and now they're not doing it? This band pisses me off now.

MetalIsArt
07-16-2009, 12:25 AM
WTF happened to playing all of Toys live? They advertised that and now they're not doing it? This band pisses me off now.

:eyes:

Elvenking
07-16-2009, 05:21 AM

Agreed.

Sanitarium78
07-16-2009, 02:25 PM

Maybe the guy filling in for Tom Hamilton doesn't know how to play all the stuff from Toys and that's why they didn't do it. With Eat The Rich, Back In The Saddle, Janie's Got A Gun and Last Child back in the I wouldn't complain at all if i saw them do this set.

No Dream On is strange though. First Metallica doesn't do ONE the other night now Aeosmith doesn't do Dream On. What the fuck is going on here?

ijwthstd
07-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Dream On
Cryin'
Sweet Emotion
Livin' On The Edge

were all on the printed setlist, all in a row but Tyler said we gotta cut it short. Joe added Stop Messin' at the last minute in the encore.

HugeRockStar
07-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Dream On
Cryin'
Sweet Emotion
Livin' On The Edge

were all on the printed setlist, all in a row but Tyler said we gotta cut it short. Joe added Stop Messin' at the last minute in the encore.

This band is DONE. And it pains me to say it cuz I've been a huge Aerosmith fan my whole life. But come on, canceled shows, everyone's always getting hurt or injured and have some dude filling in, Tyler can't sing anymore, 70 minute headline setlists, I think it's time to call it a day.

Maybe the guy filling in for Tom Hamilton doesn't know how to play all the stuff from Toys and that's why they didn't do it.

That's a lame excuse if that's what it is. Tom announced he wasn't gonna do the shows almost a week ago. If the guy's a good enough musician to be playing in an arena rock band, he should be able to learn those simple rock songs in a few days, even if they are a bit sloppy. It's just laziness.

deathx88
07-17-2009, 12:53 PM
this whole tour so far is ridiculous. first they postpone the tampa show i was supposed to go to, now they're not even playing the toys in the attic album. hopefully this was just a one night thing.
it's a shame because zz top, who are like 20 years older, haven't had a problem on this tour yet. i know their music isn't as "intense" or whatever but give me a break.

Sanitarium78
07-17-2009, 03:55 PM
This band is DONE. And it pains me to say it cuz I've been a huge Aerosmith fan my whole life. But come on, canceled shows, everyone's always getting hurt or injured and have some dude filling in, Tyler can't sing anymore, 70 minute headline setlists, I think it's time to call it a day.

That's a lame excuse if that's what it is. Tom announced he wasn't gonna do the shows almost a week ago. If the guy's a good enough musician to be playing in an arena rock band, he should be able to learn those simple rock songs in a few days, even if they are a bit sloppy. It's just laziness.

I don't think that's the reason as to why all of Toys wasn't played it was just a thought. Juding by this set it seems that they realise that people are coming to hear a greatest hits set not all of Toys so maybe that's why they changed it.

Cutting four songs outta the set is just plain garbage though. It's unfortunate that their sets are so short now. I saw them 3 or 4 times when they toured for Get A Grip and each time the show was at least 2 hours if not a little more. The last time i saw them live was in '97 when they toured for Nine Lives and again they put on a kick ass 2 hour show. If they can't tour and live up to the standard they've set for themselves live then it's deffinately time to retire

Elvenking
07-17-2009, 05:24 PM
zz top are prolly one of the best bands around, and always show up, everything. same 3 members, I think only the four seasons preety much had a longer original line up til the singer died a few years ago.

ijwthstd
07-17-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't think setlists have much of an effect on concert sales one way or the other except if someone likes the current setlists they are more likely to be a repeat customer.

HugeRockStar
07-17-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't think that's the reason as to why all of Toys wasn't played it was just a thought. Juding by this set it seems that they realise that people are coming to hear a greatest hits set not all of Toys so maybe that's why they changed it.

Cutting four songs outta the set is just plain garbage though. It's unfortunate that their sets are so short now. I saw them 3 or 4 times when they toured for Get A Grip and each time the show was at least 2 hours if not a little more. The last time i saw them live was in '97 when they toured for Nine Lives and again they put on a kick ass 2 hour show. If they can't tour and live up to the standard they've set for themselves live then it's deffinately time to retire

I also saw them on the Get A Grip tour (my first rock concert ever when I was about 13 years old) and it was amazing. I also saw them twice on the Nine Lives tour and once for Just Push Play and they were still putting on great shows then. I then saw them on the Honkin on Bobo tour and was dissapointed in their performance for the first time and they were even worse on the Motley Crue tour. Like you said, they've set a standard for themselves that they now cannot live up to.

Sanitarium78
07-18-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't think setlists have much of an effect on concert sales one way or the other except if someone likes the current setlists they are more likely to be a repeat customer.

That's true to a certian extent but I think a big reason concert ticket sales are down is becasue bands like this who used to play two hours are now playing 90 mins or less and once word gets around via the internet or word of mouth people just say "well fuck it i'm not paying 90 bucks a ticket to see a band perform for 75 mins"

Plus look at the four songs they took out if you made a top ten list of the most well known songs from the band those four would be in it. Those are songs they need to play at every show and they cut them out? I don't know if it's them being lazy or just getting to old but no matter how you look at it, it's just bush league crap and the band needs to toughen up get out there and do all the songs that are on the set and don't cheat the fans by cutting out four of your most famous songs.

Aerosmith has really started pissing me off with this tour.

300%_Density
07-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Yea that really is kinda crappy that they aren't going to do Toys in full or apparently not doing Rocks either. I really would have liked to have seen both. As much as they have had to cancel I will be greatful if I even get my show in. Love that they put in "Stop Messin' Around" I love the "Honkin' On Bobo" album and that is w/o a doubt my favorite song from that album.

I'm a little disapointed I haven't got a ZZ Top setlist on here yet, even though I doubt it will be different from the other 5 times I've seen them but thats ok anyway!!!

jerry1013
07-18-2009, 04:31 PM
EAT THE RICH:party:

The_jman
07-20-2009, 05:53 PM
You know I consider myself an aerosmith fan, and I don't know half of those songs. and the 4 they cut out are 4 of the best.