PDA

View Full Version : Shows You Regret Not Going To

makethemsuffer12
07-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Pretty much what the title says.

The top 3 that come to my head are probably Metal Masters, Children Of Bodom/Testament (not my choice though, I would've been there in a heartbeat if I could), and At The Gates (though I wasn't really into them at the time, but looking back now I really regret not seeing them).

powerslave_85
07-15-2009, 09:03 PM
I should have sold my possessions to go to Sleater-Kinney's last show, and I'm only half kidding.

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Definately At The Gates. Up there would have to be Iced Earth and Into Eternity in September, as well as Dimmu Borgir/Behemoth/Keep of Kalessin.

This thread is making me upset :(

mankvill
07-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Kinda wished I went to GWAR/Toxic Holocaust, but Suicidal Tendencies the night before killed me.

And I'll always kill myself for waiting too long to get tix to see Celtic Frost open for Type O.

SomewhereInTime72
07-15-2009, 09:40 PM
I've never seen Rush and I seriously regret that I still haven't been able to see them even once. :bouville:

JRA
07-15-2009, 09:42 PM
The R30 show, the first Unholy Alliance tour, and all the fucking hype with Flight 666 is making me regret not going to the Somewhere Back In Time tour. Fucking cockfaced Rod Smallwood with his marketing.

TonyD
07-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Judas Priest '05, the first Mastodon tour in support of Blood Mountain in '06, and 3 CKY headlining shows.

Kinda wished I went to GWAR/Toxic Holocaust, but Suicidal Tendencies the night before killed me.
Both bands that still tour pretty consistently, if you had to pick one you made the right call.

The R30 show, the first Unholy Alliance tour, and all the fucking hype with Flight 666 is making me regret not going to the Somewhere Back In Time tour. Fucking cockfaced Rod Smallwood with his marketing.
I wasn't into Rush at the time so I can't say I regret not going, and having the DVD doesn't hurt.
Once again, I'm not nearly the Maiden fan half of the people on here are, but
WHAT THE FUCK?

Butcher of Birth
07-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Besides shows that are not in the state of FL, I have made and gone to every show I've wanted to haha

mankvill
07-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Both bands that still tour pretty consistently, if you had to pick one you made the right call.

Yup, I've already seen GWAR since then.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Wish I could have seen The Crown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxIcVIEhiBs) in concert at least once before they split up. Though I'm not sure that they ever came to Dallas.

Maiden33
07-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Well I guess I obviously regret not going to every ProgPower since I became aware of the festival, but I never had a real shot at going to most of them anyway. I had seriously considered VII in '06 though, and in hindsight I really should've gone. I love Evergrey, Jorn, and Circle II Circle to death, and this was also the last breaths of Thunderstone and Vision Divine before both bands went down the toilet.

One big singular show that sticks in my mind is Stratovarius in NYC on 10/02/06. It was a rough week with two other shows (one being Maiden), I had seen them a year prior, so I figured I'd save the money. Turns out the set list was like 70% different and much better than what I had seen before, and well, we all know what's happened to the band since.
Oh, and another was Dream Theater's "Score" show. The thing that pains me the most is that my best friend went and actually had an extra ticket he was trying to get rid of. The trouble I've always had with Dream Theater is that I'm not a big enough fan to enjoy the set list rotation thing, so I didn't go. In hindsight the set list was phenomenal (Another Won, Afterlife, Raise the Knife, Six Degrees) and the show itself is brilliant, as the DVD shows.
If it were to happen again, I'd easily make the trip to Chicago PowerFest just to see Nocturnal Rites. In 2006 I was reluctant to do it and thus didn't, but having seen the set list and again, what has happened to the band since, I feel I was a total fool for not going. If this band EVER plays America again, I am there.
And lastly, I feel stupid for not seeing the Whitesnake '05 US tour. The DVD put out from that time period is fucking phenomenal and the set list is brilliant. Now they are short both Tommy Aldridge and Marco Mendoza, and despite their popularity have not given me another chance to see them.

DethMaiden
07-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Should have gone up to Michigan on the AMOLAD tour. :snivel:

mankvill
07-15-2009, 11:58 PM
One big singular show that sticks in my mind is Stratovarius in NYC on 10/02/06. It was a rough week with two other shows (one being Maiden), I had seen them a year prior, so I figured I'd save the money. Turns out the set list was like 70% different and much better than what I had seen before, and well, we all know what's happened to the band since.

That is the worst fucking feeling in the world.

Wanting to see one of your favorite bands, not getting to, and then the band splits up or, in your case, loses a key member.

:(

ravenheart
07-16-2009, 02:07 AM
Many.

Halford's first and last show in London (the famous one where Geoff Tate and Bruce Dickinson joined him for the encore)
Slash's Snakepit's first and last in London
Alice Cooper's tour when Dio supported
Testament's reunion gig in London which ended up being the 'Live In London' DVD
Iron Maiden's Clive Burr Benefit gig in Hammersmith
Yngwie Malmsteen's London gig last year with Ripper on vocals

Derelict
07-16-2009, 06:25 AM
Faith No More in 1998...i think it was the night of my HS prom. Ugh.

Elvenking
07-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Extreme steel tour...Slayer, Pantera, Morbid Angel, and Static-x. I think scrape was on it too.. I think it was 2000?

Iron Maiden, Dio, Motorhead. 2002? maybe? 2001?

ravenheart
07-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Extreme steel tour...Slayer, Pantera, Morbid Angel, and Static-x. I think scrape was on it too.. I think it was 2000?

2003 I think. Pretty sure it was the year we got Funeral For A Fucking Friend as support.

powerslave_85
07-16-2009, 07:22 AM

2003, the Give Me Ed Till I'm Dead Tour (aka the only time I've seen Maiden live).

Clayman01
07-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Nirvana when they were first touring for Nevermind before it got huge in October 1991. They were playing the old 9:30 club in DC. I went to see Jesus Jones and EMF on that night instead because I had a ride there :(

I'm also pissed I passed up on Decapitated the last time they came through Jaxx in VA. They are/were one of my favorite Death Metal bands who I'll never be able to see unless they reform without Vitek :(

mastodon421
07-16-2009, 11:18 AM
the first unholy alliance tour and the first day of The New England Metal and Hardcore festival this year which featured All That Remains,Between The Buried and Me,Suffocation,Cattle Decapation,Napalm Death,Veil Of Maya,August Burns Red,The Haunted,Whitechapel and a ton more bands played and i missed it

DethMaiden
07-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Oh yeah, the night we went to free Ozzfest in Columbus, Between the Buried and Me/The Red Chord/Cephalic Carnage/The End was in Cincinnati. Bad decision.

powerslave_85
07-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Oh yeah, the night we went to free Ozzfest in Columbus, Between the Buried and Me/The Red Chord/Cephalic Carnage/The End was in Cincinnati. Bad decision.
What the fuck possessed you to do that??

300%_Density
07-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Regret Slayer having to cancel one of their shows on the Jager tour back in '04 I believe when they had KSE & Mastodon. Back when KSE was still somewhat respectable plus I had to wait till Mayhem last year to finally see Mastodon. I still remember having that ticket in my hands...

Oh and Velvet Revolver in KC. It was only the 2nd show that they ever played. And of course they did several G 'n R & STP songs. Fuckin friends and their weddings!!!!!!!!!

LoveInSlowMotion
07-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Way too many.

At the Gates I couldn't find a ride too, and by the time I did, it was sold out.

Thrash and Burn 2008 had a meh lineup, but I'd never seen Arsis or Light this City live, so I was excited as hell, but LTC broke up a few weeks before the tour, and I'm still butthurt over that.

makethemsuffer12
07-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Definately At The Gates. Up there would have to be Iced Earth and Into Eternity in September, as well as Dimmu Borgir/Behemoth/Keep of Kalessin.

This thread is making me upset :(

Why must you remind me of those last two? :bawling:

Oh, and Slayer/Manson in '07.

DethMaiden
07-16-2009, 05:35 PM
What the fuck possessed you to do that??

3 Inches of Blood for free, I guess. They were awesome, but still...meh.

ADD
07-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Municipal Waste and Annihilation Time when they played together here in the Bay a few times in '05/'06, my friend got hit by a flying garbage can. Waste have since been banned from playing the Gilman (not sure if it was the same show though).

TonyD
07-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Thrash and Burn 2008 had a meh lineup, but I'd never seen Arsis or Light this City live, so I was excited as hell, but LTC broke up a few weeks before the tour, and I'm still butthurt over that.

:hmm:

ADD
07-17-2009, 03:29 PM
:hmm:
Did you ever see Light This City when they played the Bgame shows way back in the day? I missed out on that era, do remember the punk kids at my middle school reppin them though.

Maiden33
07-17-2009, 07:16 PM
I consider Light This City to be one of the worst signed bands I have ever seen live.

JuuKun
07-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Got quite a few. But, the ones that stick out the most in my mind:

ProgPower USA IX & Maryland Deathfest 2009 (Both fests that I had tickets and travel fares paid for, and then couldn't go)

Carcass, September 2008 (The Worcester date was one of the ones where they joined with the Necrophagist tour)

Fear Factory/Suffocation/Decapitated/Hypocrisy (I'm not too big on Fear Factory, but the other three together? Fuck. But, I saw Decapitated on Summer Slaughter so atleast I got to see them before the accident)

Celtic Frost/Goatwhore (Never get the chance to see Celtic Frost now...)

Edguy/Kamelot, 2008 (...I mean, just look at the pairing!)

Maiden33
07-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Edguy/Kamelot, 2008 (...I mean, just look at the pairing!)

Edguy blew Kamelot away. I like both bands a lot, but it's incredibly difficult for just about anyone to follow Edguy. On the downside, they only played 7 songs. :mad:

jerry1013
07-19-2009, 12:53 PM
I missed the Jonas Brothers when they came to Chicago last time:mad:.

Silly me i stayed home instead

IrritatedTrout
07-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Back in 06 (I think) Celtic Frost played Virginia 3 times!

And I missed every single goddamn show.:mad:

I wasn't able to see Blind Guardian in 06 because my parents wouldn't let me got to a show 3 hours away on a Monday night. I've also missed Slayer everytime they've come to Norfolk since I've been a fan. The first time they played either the day before, of, or after Thanksgiving and I was out of town. The other time on the Christ Illusion tour they played here the ONE weekend I was out of town that month. They're coming back on Mayhem fest but I don't know if I'll go. I'd love to see them but I don't really want to pay $60 for an hour of Slayer and short Behemoth and CC sets.

JRA
07-19-2009, 04:17 PM
I missed the Jonas Brothers when they came to Chicago last time:mad:.

Silly me i stayed home instead

:eyes:

Dimebag_Rusty
07-21-2009, 02:00 AM
At The Gates, Machine Head/Arch Enemy (I wanted to go but it didnt work out), Ministry and Meshuggah, Gigantour 2

overkiller
07-21-2009, 09:18 PM
My main one was Agalloch at the Day of the Equinox festival in Toronto back in 2005. I was just getting into the band at the time, and I had just met my soon-to-be best friend from college, who was going... and so I didn't go. And Agalloch has never played anywhere even close to me since. :(

I also regret not buying tickets ahead of time for the recent Volahn/Ashdautas/Bone Awl/Akitsa show in New York :mad:

nxtVH90
07-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Kreator/Exodus/Warbringer back in April. FUCK!!! I should've gone. Big mistake on my part.

xStructualDefect
08-28-2009, 04:39 AM
so much At The Gates regrets.. thank god i saw them.

ehh too many
arch enemy / dark tranquillity '08 tour
bodom tour in '06 w/ amon amarth
summer slaughter '08
lamb of god, bodom nd devildriver (replaced AILD for LA show) in '09
sonata arctica '06 tour (mainly because unia wasn't out at the time)
unearth, darkest hour, nd suicide silence '07 tour (great lineup IMO, plus unearth shot their dvd in my area)

there's many more but i can't remember them.

DethMaiden
08-28-2009, 07:23 AM
Ah, I guess At the Gates is my third regret after Maiden on the AMOLAD tour and that Cephalic Carnage/Red Chord/BTBAM show. Could have gone to Chicago or New York to see them play with Toxic Holocaust and Darkest Hour (I think), which admittedly isn't easy, but decided against it for money reasons. That was stupid. They're never going to tour again. :bouville:

makethemsuffer12
08-28-2009, 08:18 AM
I missed Sabbath in NYC on Tuesday. There was a strong possibility for me to get in for free if my friend wasn't able to sell his extra ticket. I decided not to go because it was a bit of a risk (16 bucks round trip from LI to the city. I wouldn't want to waste that for nothing especially considering that I don't have alot of money). Well it ended up that my friends ran into the bassist from UFO and he gave them free tickets and meet & greet passes. So I could have seen Sabbath for free and possibly met them afterwards too. FUCK.

Dextrimental
08-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Metallica '06, the puppets tour played Ireland an I didn go thanks to an april fools joke.. Lamb of Gods first headlining show in Dublin, just for the significance of it bein their first time headlinin there, I was broke, same reason i missed Machine Head (keep in mind in Ireland wed get MAYBE a third of the tours the UK gets so alot of these bands only play once an album cycle) and Ministry's last tour, i wasn into em at the time, but now i am so i regret not goin :(

Natrlhi
08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Too many to list them all. :boohoo:

• I regret that I’ve never seen (and never will) Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, etc.
• I regret not seeing Metallica when Cliff Burton was alive.
• I regret not seeing Voivod when Piggy was alive – preferably back in the “Nothingface” era.
• I regret not seeing Morbid Angel with the “Altars of Madness” lineup.
• I regret not seeing Pestilence with the “Consuming Impulse” lineup.
• I regret not seeing Primus before they broke up (although a reunion someday might still be possible).
• I regret not seeing A Perfect Circle before they broke up (although a reunion someday might still be possible).
• I regret not having seen Necrophagist when Marco Minnemann was their drummer.

Specific shows I would have liked to see:
• The Grindcrusher Tour in 1989 with Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Morbid Angel & Napalm Death would have been amazing.
• I regret not seeing basically every Lollapalooza festival that I have missed.
• I regret that I’ve never been to Bonnaroo, South by Southwest, Emissions from the Monolith, Coachella, or any of the awesome summer metal festivals in Europe.
• I regret not being able to go to the Scion Rock Fest earlier this year (Mastodon, Neurosis, High On Fire, Boris, Baroness, Torche, Kylesa, A Storm of Light, Cryptopsy, Withered, Skeletonwitch, etc. – all at one show and for FREE – are you kidding me?!?). :eek:
• The Unholy Alliance 3 tour last fall in Europe (Slayer, Trivium, Mastodon, Amon Amarth) would have been very cool.
• The show in Berkeley, CA last Spring with Made Out of Babies, Mammatus, Grayceon and Giant Squid with Karyn Crisis performing her album vocals for “Throwing a Donner Party at Sea” would have been rad as fuck. :drool:
• I wish I could have made it to the Mayhem tour last July (Slayer, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, others…).

Bands that didn’t show up: :chair:
• Arsis at the Carcass show last March (no show…fuckers)
• Suffocation & Decrepit Birth at Summer Slaughter last July (not scheduled for that particular date)

Stupid moves on my part (duh, Nat): :wallbang:
• Not getting to the Behemoth show in 2007 in time to see Gojira, who I did not yet know are awesome as fuck (but I'll go see 'em sometime, tho - b'lee dat)
• Not getting to the Tool show 2007 in time to see Isis, who I did not yet know are awesome as fuck (but at least I’ve seen them since then!).

Nat :horns:

Derelict
08-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Ministry's last tour, i wasn into em at the time, but now i am so i regret not goin :(

this was probably the single most dissapointing concert ever, i actually wished i had missed it

UnleashTheWolves
08-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Ministry's last tour, i wasn into em at the time, but now i am so i regret not goin :(

I dont know anything from ministry but I think I read on blabbermouth.net that one of the guys hates touring.

mankvill
08-31-2009, 04:37 PM
• I regret that I’ve never been to Bonnaroo, South by Southwest, Emissions from the Monolith, Coachella, or any of the awesome summer metal festivals in Europe.

You might like Wakarusa?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakarusa_Music_and_Camping_Festival

powerslave_85
08-31-2009, 04:47 PM
I regret that I’ve never been to Bonnaroo, South by Southwest, Emissions from the Monolith, Coachella, or any of the awesome summer metal festivals in Europe. I've always wanted to go to SXSW, but I've heard it's hard to get into a lot of the more popular events.

I would literally murder someone to go to The Fest in Gainesville this year. In fact, I had planned on it, but getting transferred to fucking Alaska put an end to that. It's basically three days of beer-fueled mayhem, and the lineup is virtually every single one of my favorite punk bands. Sigh.

b_halperin
08-31-2009, 04:49 PM
• Not getting to the Behemoth show in 2007 in time to see Gojira, who I did not yet know are awesome as fuck (but I'll go see 'em sometime, tho - b'lee dat)

not to brag, but they put on one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. Their energy, accuracy, and presence live is like none other.

TonyD
08-31-2009, 05:02 PM
• I regret not seeing Primus before they broke up (although a reunion someday might still be possible).

Primus got back together. Played Outside Lands last year, but I haven't seen them do anything since.

Dextrimental
08-31-2009, 05:21 PM
• The Grindcrusher Tour in 1989 with Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Morbid Angel & Napalm Death would have been amazing.
• The Unholy Alliance 3 tour last fall in Europe (Slayer, Trivium, Mastodon, Amon Amarth) would have been very cool.

That Grindcrusher tour wouldve been INSANE, four of my favorite death metal/grindcore acts on one line up, FUCK!! And I got screwed outta the unholy alliance last yr, flights went up overnight so i couldn go :(

Natrlhi
09-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Crikey I got a lot of responses on that one. Time for a mega-post! :D

You might like Wakarusa?
I've often thought that one looked cool as well. Lineups in recent years have been pretty awesome (although pretty similar to Bonnaroo and others, but tickets are probably much less expensive). Sucks that they moved it outta your neck of the woods, tho...a meet-up might have been fun.

I've always wanted to go to SXSW, but I've heard it's hard to get into a lot of the more popular events.
I've heard the same thing. It takes place like all over the city of Austin, TX. Nothing but metalheads cramming every venue they can squeeze into (sounds like fun, tho...!).

I would literally murder someone to go to The Fest in Gainesville this year...the lineup is virtually every single one of my favorite punk bands. Sigh.
That one was new to me, but there are some pretty cool bands on there for this year (Coalesce, Coliseum, Kylesa, Magrudergrind, Russian Circles, Torche, Young Widows).

not to brag, but they put on one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. Their energy, accuracy, and presence live is like none other.
Yeah, I fucking know. :tp: Rub it in some more, why don'tcha. ;)

Primus got back together. Played Outside Lands last year, but I haven't seen them do anything since.
True, but it's all rather unofficial-sounding and shit, ya know? Are they really back together, or was it just for the time being? It's always so hard to tell with bands like this, especially when they have multiple side projects going at any one time. Bottom line is, I hope to see the original lineup (or as close to it as possible) before I die.

That Grindcrusher tour wouldve been INSANE, four of my favorite death metal/grindcore acts on one line up, FUCK!
I know, right?!? :rockdevil If they invent time travel in my lifetime, I'm fuckin' goin'. That's it. :D

And I got screwed outta the unholy alliance last yr, flights went up overnight so i couldn go :(
:boohoo::violin: Screw you. You European fuckers get all the good tours and festivals, man. :mad: ;)

Maiden33
09-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Well it ended up that my friends ran into the bassist from UFO and he gave them free tickets and meet & greet passes.

I'm assuming you're talking about Barry Sparks and not Pete Way. Pete Way hasn't been able to get into the US for a UFO tour in years.

makethemsuffer12
09-01-2009, 03:40 PM
^I honestly wouldn't know, I don't listen to UFO.

Dextrimental
09-01-2009, 03:48 PM
:boohoo::violin: Screw you. You European fuckers get all the good tours and festivals, man. :mad: ;)[/QUOTE]

Europeans get some awesome festivals and tours, no doubt. But I live in Ireland, as such we dont get most of them. Iv to travel just as far, if not further for alot of these tours as ye do, an that includes flights and ferrys the whole time!!

Natrlhi
09-01-2009, 08:58 PM
:boohoo::violin: Screw you. You European fuckers get all the good tours and festivals, man. :mad: ;)

Europeans get some awesome festivals and tours, no doubt. But I live in Ireland, as such we dont get most of them. Iv to travel just as far, if not further for alot of these tours as ye do, an that includes flights and ferrys the whole time!!

Good point. Still, you're closer than I am to most of the good stuff.

RampinUp46
08-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Anal Cunt's last tour. I wanted to go - really badly too - but I had my retard moment of the year and decided to save my money and get an Acrassicauda ticket. Not only did I get into that Acrassicauda show for free (a friend gave me his ticket), but when I found out Seth Putnam died, and I could have met him at Emo's... :mad:

Tryptikon - I'd just started listening to Celtic Frost a week earlier (seriously, I didn't even know "Procreation of the Wicked" at that point) and I didn't want to go when I wasn't too familiar with their stuff. I've since decided "fuck it" so even if I'm not 100% familiar with a band's stuff, I'll still be able to enjoy myself.

The last show at Emo's (the Red River location). Apparently, people started looting shit (bricks, ceiling fan blades), and...well fuck. I would have loved to have a chunk of Emo's in my room...and on that note, Russian Circles on NYE 2011.

Hypocrisy with Alexi Laiho on guitar...I'll leave it at that because I'm still kicking myself for not going.

brutal_descent
08-01-2012, 01:19 AM
I won't include bands I've seen since then, or am seeing in the coming months, nor will I include shows from before I began going to gigs. * denotes I did not attend the show due to circumstances beyond my control.

Venom (July '10)*, Immortal (October '10), Faith No More (July '12), Enslaved (March '11), Kreator (September '10), Integrity (February '12), Corrosion of Conformity (June '11), Pestilence (November '10), Dream Theater (July '11), Tool (July '10)*, Atari Teenage Riot (November '11), Cerebral Ballzy (December '11)*, Rammstein (February '11), Death to All (June '12)*, Landmine Marathon (August '11), Terror (June '11), Dead Congregation (July '12)*, Power of the Riff (August '11)*

I'm already regretting not being able to see Agalloch and Sigur Rós next month :lol:

maidenpriest
08-01-2012, 03:32 AM
Opeth in 2008. Rush in 2007. Original Gigantour in 2005 (and all the other Megadeth shows that have been in AZ). Nevermore in 2010. Edguy in 2008 (I realize the band has been going downhill since that time frame but I would still love to see them live at least once).

treghet
08-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Hypocrasy with Alexi Laiho on guitar...I'll leave it at that because I'm still kicking myself for not going.

Hypocrisy ended up canceling that tour because they had issues getting their Visas.

kalfitegrdan
08-01-2012, 05:14 AM
Anal Cunt's last tour.

This.
I ended up going to see BTBAM instead because I had someone to go to that with and would've had to go alone to Anal Cunt.

Possibly the biggest regret of my life is not going to the Slayer/Megadeth/Testament tour in 2010 because Seasons in the Abyss is my favorite album in existence. I wasn't aware that it was being played on the tour, so I ended up not going because I went to like 5 or 6 other shows in the week surrounding that date.

RAZOR
08-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Metal Masters with Dio and Priest. I couldn't get a ride because my mom worked. If I listen to Dio and really think about it, I get sad because I couldn't go. :(

christopher
08-01-2012, 07:34 AM
I regret in 8th grade that I decided to skip out on Ozzfest to go see TSOL. My parents gave me a choice to do one or the other. I regret not being able to see Superjoint Ritual. The TSOL show was memorable for me, but I'll never see SJR now :(

I regret missing out on Anaal Nathrakh on two occasions. A week after graduating high school, they were playing an exclusive show at the Knitting Factory in Hollywood, but I had no money. Then I missed them again to see Morbid Angel play the same set I had seen them play before.

I regret missing out on two Soilent Green shows in 08. I wish that Goatwhore would take a short break so SG could do a US tour.

Dextrimental
08-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Too many to list them all. :boohoo:

• I regret that I’ve never seen (and never will) Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, etc.
• I regret not seeing A Perfect Circle before they broke up (although a reunion someday might still be possible).

You've now seen Primus, and A Perfect Circle and Black Sabbath are currently a LOT more possible than when this post was made!

Also, I used to comment here with terrible English, good god!

ShatteredFlame
08-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Around 80% of the shows that came and will come to the St. Vitus Bar in Brooklyn before I turn 21+.

Notables off the top of my head:
Giant Squid/Rosetta/Fight Amp/East of the Wall
Bloodiest/Chrome Waves
Primordial/While Heaven Wept/Cormorant
Hammers of Misfortune/The Gates of Slumber
Saint Vitus/Weedeater/Sourvein

Also not many metal shows come to CT, I go to pretty much all the good ones but for some reason was too lazy to go to Old Man Gloom :(

Missing MDF X will probably always be my biggest regret. Electric Wizard, Church of Misery, Godflesh, Noothgrush, Haemorrhage, etc.

slapguitarer
08-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Enslaved/Alcest tour because I went to two really expensive shows that month.
Isis farewell tour because I had only heard their name at the time.
Meshuggah/Baroness because I didn't buy tickets sooner.

llama lom
08-01-2012, 10:46 AM
I seriously regret missing the Nasum show in Chicago. I was still physically exhausted from Meshuggah earlier that week and I didn't really know much about them.

TheNobleFaceHumper
08-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Cynic/Intronaut tour a couple years ago, they played a tiny venue here and i never heard about it.

BTBAM/AAL/Tesseract tour last year

In 2011 when Iron Maiden came to Tampa FL, a friend and I had floor tickets, i was so pumped i couldn't sleep the night before, about 2 hours before we were suppose to leave for the venue, he calls me and says that he can't go, i was pissed beyond all reasoning, it will forever be my biggest concert snub.

I still have the ticket :(

energymetal14
08-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Black Breath and Martyrdod, I thought it was 21+ and found out the day of that it was 18+, and I had to work that night! I was so bummed out. Also DRI earlier this year, I had a ticket but didn't go because I was tired and it was the night after my last final. I also regret not seeing Alcest headline, but it was 3 hours away so I can't regret it too much. There's probably others but I just can't think of them right now.

dcmetal108
08-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Black Breath and Martyrdod, I thought it was 21+ and found out the day of that it was 18+, and I had to work that night! I was so bummed out. Also DRI earlier this year, I had a ticket but didn't go because I was tired and it was the night after my last final. I also regret not seeing Alcest headline, but it was 3 hours away so I can't regret it too much. There's probably others but I just can't think of them right now.

That is no excuse.

IrritatedTrout
08-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Cynic/Intronaut tour a couple years ago, they played a tiny venue here and i never heard about it.

BTBAM/AAL/Tesseract tour last year

In 2011 when Iron Maiden came to Tampa FL, a friend and I had floor tickets, i was so pumped i couldn't sleep the night before, about 2 hours before we were suppose to leave for the venue, he calls me and says that he can't go, i was pissed beyond all reasoning, it will forever be my biggest concert snub.

I still have the ticket :(

Why didn't you just go?

treghet
08-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Why didn't you just go?

His friend was probably his ride.

kalfitegrdan
08-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Also, I will always regret not going to Judas Priest's farewell tour. It was 21+ at a fucking casino, but my friend who went said they didn't even ID anyone at the door. I almost bought the ticket regardless and was gonna try my luck, but ending up thinking better of it at the last minute.

MPF
08-01-2012, 03:45 PM
The only show so far that I truly regret not seeing is Pagan's Mind headlining at Station 4 in St. Paul, MN (One of TWO headlining US shows ever)

I had a gig with my old band that night. I can't regret not going more.

xa123
08-01-2012, 04:33 PM
For me it's definitely Blasphemy in Montreal in 2009. I can't even remember why I ended up not being able to go, but I'm still pissed today about that :mad:

The only place I would be able to see them is NWN fest...

ShatteredFlame
08-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Oh I remember my first night of college last year The Movielife played a show in NYC, it was my first night of college so its not like I really cared about going to a show. Soon I meet a friend who tells me both Brand New and Crime In Stereo were surprise openers for the show. Would have been an amazing show to attend.

energymetal14
08-01-2012, 10:00 PM
That is no excuse.

Haha I know, my thinking was flawed at the time.

TheNobleFaceHumper
08-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Why didn't you just go?

Because i didn't have a car, and i asked several others but no one wanted to go EVEN THOUGH they were getting a free ticket. It was also a 2 1/2 hour drive.

I was beyond pissed.

El Gordo
08-02-2012, 02:28 PM
The only show I truly regret not going to was a Tool show back in 2006. It was the same night as the Sacrifice reunion (or re-animate?) show, and there was no way in hell I was passing that up. My wife went to the Tool show with her cousin and she says it's the best Tool concert she's ever been to. I've complained a lot about Tool's live show (to her at least) and how Maynard just stands in one spot, and apparently at that particular show he was all over the place. Oh well, I don't regret choosing Sacrifice over Tool, because well, it's fucking Sacrifice and it was their first show in like 15 years or something. I just wish they could've been on different nights!

TonyD
08-02-2012, 02:37 PM
At the Gates and Judas Priest on the Angel of Retribution tour, even though I saw them every time they came my way since the reunion.

Triggz
08-02-2012, 04:37 PM
http://www.revolvermag.com/beta/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/777.jpg

http://kamp.arizona.edu/files/ARIZONA_METALFEST_SMALL.jpg

http://www.ferretstyle.com/temp/BTBAM_tourposter2.jpg

slapguitarer
08-02-2012, 05:28 PM
BTBAM/Cynic and Cynic/Intronaut too.

Natrlhi
08-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Isis farewell tour because I had only heard their name at the time.I was there, and I have HD video of the entire set. :finger:

One small clarification, though - it wasn't really a "farewell tour" per se, since they didn't know they were calling it quits at the time (or if they did, they didn't tell the fans about it). It was simply their North American tour for Wavering Radiant, and it just turned out to be their final tour ever.

ShatteredFlame
08-03-2012, 09:35 AM
I was there, and I have HD video of the entire set. :finger:

One small clarification, though - it wasn't really a "farewell tour" per se, since they didn't know they were calling it quits at the time (or if they did, they didn't tell the fans about it). It was simply their North American tour for Wavering Radiant, and it just turned out to be their final tour ever.

no, they did a tour with Melvins after their first Wavering Radiant tour. It was supposed to be a coheadline tour with Melvins and Isis rotating headlining positions but I think Melvins wound up letting Isis close all the dates when they announced their break up.

Natrlhi
08-03-2012, 09:54 AM
no, they did a tour with Melvins after their first Wavering Radiant tour. It was supposed to be a coheadline tour with Melvins and Isis rotating headlining positions but I think Melvins wound up letting Isis close all the dates when they announced their break up.Oh, shit - that's right. My bad. That was the year they were supposedly going to do their last U.S. tour date with a set a Bonnaroo. I remember wanting to see them at 'Roo because of it, but the logistics made it impossible. I thought that was the same year as when I saw them, which was June 2009, but the 'Roo set was in 2010, and the Melvins thing was right after that.

...and to Slap's original point, they had announced the break-up by then. I stand corrected.

EDIT: By my calculations, the video I have is of one of their last thirty or so shows, so that's still pretty cool. I was under the impression it was closer to being one of their last U.S. shows ever, though - but still. At least I have it. :cool:

christopher
08-03-2012, 10:47 AM
http://kamp.arizona.edu/files/ARIZONA_METALFEST_SMALL.jpg

I remember that tour. The California Metalfest was soo awesome that year! It was almost the same lineup, minus suicide silence and adding Exodus, Repulsion, Toxic Holocaust and Gravehill :D

OraclesofAgony
08-04-2012, 03:28 AM
2009 California Metalfest for sure.

That might've been my last chance to see Carcass. :boohoo:

mastodon421
08-04-2012, 05:54 AM
The only shows I regret missing in the past few years are the Megadeth/Slayer/Testament tour where Megadeth played Rust in Peace and Slayer played Season in the Abyss front to back, An evening with Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy/Devildriver/Skeletonwitch, and most importantly the NEMHF date in 2010 where the Mastodon/BTBAM/Baroness tour. Yes it was one of the nights that Brent Hinds left the stage and Mastodon only played for 50 minutes so it was probably for the best I didn't go, but seeing my two favorite bands of all-time on the same bill along with Baroness while they were still amazing (Still haven't seen them and I don't even know if I want to after Yellow and Green) and some other cool bands like After the Burial and Howl would've been badass.

elturtleboy
08-04-2012, 06:53 PM
The Gridlink/Maruta scion show since GL never comes and cause Maruta is dead.
Rorschach tour
Midnight Scion show
Wolves In The Throne Room tour
POTR 2 after party free show
I guess this years Mayhem fest.
Magrudergrind /Trash Talk scion show :(
Mayhem tour
Dead Kennedys when Jeff penalty singing
Misfits before they wrote new stuff
Danzig Legacy shows
Gehenna tour
Harm's Way tour
Accused scion show

I'm gonna stop for now cause I'm getting depressed.

dcmetal108
08-04-2012, 07:34 PM
At least you'll get to see Harm's Way some day. I know they'll tour again. As will Danzig since he needs money.

treghet
08-04-2012, 07:43 PM
At least you'll get to see Harm's Way some day. I know they'll tour again. As will Danzig since he needs money.

Harm's Way just played here at Sound & Fury and a show with Black Breath.

adamclark52
08-04-2012, 08:13 PM
So many but definetely Triptykon/1349 in 2010, Morbid Angel in 2006, Emperor in 1999 and anytime Suffocation has come to Toronto, ever.

RampinUp46
08-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Just remembered when GWAR played at Mess With Texas 2010. I thought it was a SXSW badge only thing, so I skipped it.

...nope. Ya just had to walk in to see them for free. :mad:

Fortunately, I got to see them at the White Rabbit in San Antonio three months later and stood directly in front of Flattus Maximus, so I wasn't too pissed.

adamclark52
08-08-2012, 11:55 PM
I really regret showing up late and missing Fuck the Facts opening for Napalm Death in Ottawa last October. And Barney calling their performance "manic" made it even worse.

brutal_descent
08-09-2012, 12:02 AM
I regret not being in Moscow for Nile and Ministry this month. Also regret not seeing Kyuss (clashed with Lamb of God), Aborted, Adrenaline Mob, Primal Fear, Motörhead and My Dying Bride (though I had already seen them) at this year's Graspop. As for last year, I wish I had seen Angel Witch (saw Korn instead), After the Burial, Spiritual Beggars (saw Black Label Society instead), Times of Grace, Monster Magnet, Moonsorrow, and Legion of the Damned.

dcmetal108
08-09-2012, 06:37 AM
I wish I had went and saw The Chariot, Oceano, and The Acacia Strain at a small club last monday :(

PVH5150
08-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Heaven & Hell
Bank of America Pavilion
Boston, MA
August 2009

My car got hit that day & I couldn't make it. It ended up being Dio's 3rd to last concert ever.

:(

girnny777
08-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Hmmm...

Overkill/Prong
Kreator/Napalm Death
Morbid Angel/Behemoth
Nile/Hypocrisy

Those are the standouts, all from early 2006.

DementedX14
08-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Type O Negative - 10/30/09 Metro
Carcass - 03/15/09 Pearl Room
At The Gates - 07/14/08 House of Blues

PowerMaiden
08-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Rage Against The Machine came just here at the Verdun Auditorium (a 5000 capacity venue near Montreal) for the Evil Empire tour way back in the early 90's. I was on vacations and for some stupid reason I didn't go. :headoff:

I didn't go to see Heaven & Hell eighter because I didn't feel like it.Knowing now that this was the last time Ronnie ever played in Montreal makes me sad I wasn't there :axe::wallbang:

that's pretty much the only 2 that I'm really still angry with myself about not going to

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Nick_to_the_face
08-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Me and my little brother had to miss to zz Top and Quiet Riot some years back. Parents wouldn't let us go. "Catch them next time" they said. Then Kevin Dubrow died :bouville:

metalheadguy
11-27-2012, 09:23 PM
I missed Nightwish in 2004. I was bummed but knew they were getting popular and would be back to the US. I just didn't foresee Tarja getting fired before that happened.

slapguitarer
11-27-2012, 09:29 PM
The Cormorant gig the du before Vekotr. :bouville:

brutal_descent
11-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Trash Talk this past summer. :c

dcmetal108
11-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Trash Talk this past summer. :c

This.

mankvill
11-27-2012, 10:11 PM
A few years ago, Baroness played a tiny bar in KC. It was a 21+ show and I was only 20. God damn. They also had Earthless with them! Fuck...it was right before they got astronomically huge.

smearCampaign
11-27-2012, 10:28 PM
A few years ago, Baroness played a tiny bar in KC. It was a 21+ show and I was only 20. God damn. They also had Earthless with them! Fuck...it was right before they got astronomically huge.

That was an awesome tour, Earthless was great. I was at the Detroit show. (Nat was there too if I recall correctly)

On topic, I missed both Sleep and Triptykon (separate shows) in 2010 when I first moved here and didn't really want to go to shows alone at the time.

Christen
11-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Iron Maiden Somewhere Back in Time tour

Megadeth/Heaven and Hell

Couldn't go to either show at the time because I couldn't afford it. Looking back on it I'm way more bummed about missing H+H because I had no idea it would be my last chance to see Dio live.

MetalIsArt
12-01-2012, 02:25 AM
- Heaven & Hell at Graspop 2007...

- Metallica at Werchter 1999, the last tour in Europe with Jason...

- Rage with Mike Terrana...

- AC/DC at Sportpaleis Antwerp in 2009, simply impossible to get tickets...

- The full Iron Maiden show at Graspop 2005, I had to leave and they played some 6-7 songs after that, all of them "golden oldies"...

- Black Sabbath's reunion shows with Bill...

- Anthrax with John Bush at Graspop 2003 or 2004...

:bliss: