PDA

View Full Version : Leave Indestructible alone

JRA
07-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Sure he may like all the mallcore bands, but at least he isn't ignorant about the classics. For fucks sake he even likes Rush and Billy Joel!

We like to give the Nu-metal and the New Wave of American Metal fans alot of shit around here don't we. Oh sure, Baronness, Isis and Neurosis are cool, because they're underground (read: shit no one cares about), but the second we see the guy with a Slipknot avatar, he's doomed to sit at the lunch table alone.

Yet for all we know he could be a bigger Iron Maiden freak than all of us.

Question: When you see someone who likes Slipknot, Lamb Of God, or Disturbed, what's the first thing that goes through your head?

Be honest, it's probably "They probably hate Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, and Motorhead, and think that Metallica is the best band ever because they're on MTV."

Thus has become the battle cry of every so called "tr00 metalhead." The classic "us against them" mentality. Somewhere in the year 2001, an old fan with a Mercyful Fate shirt and a young fan with a Shadows Fall shirt met at a party or concert. They were probably shooting the shit about metal and the former inevitably asked the latter, "So do you like any of the old stuff?" to which the latter responded "Hell no! Those bands are all gay! The only old band I like is Metallica [because they're on MTV]. They're kewl! They RAWK!"

...and thus the begin the Heavy Metal Kristalnaught, with all the fans of the classics, young and old, pinning proverbial yellow Jewish stars, on anybody with a shirt of pretty much any metal band who came out after 1991. But that's not the fucked up part. The fucked up part is that they do it WITHOUT EVEN TALKING TO THESE PEOPLE. I mean who knows, maybe that person has nothing put Megadeth shirts back home, and they just happens to be out in their one Disturbed shirt for that day!

Because that one arrogant, immature prick at the concert spoke about shit he knew nothing about he pretty much ruined the bonding of the metal generations for everyone. This person managed to implant in everyone's mind that pretty much every modern metal fan watches MTV religiously and only pays attention to the bands they tell them to, and everything else is "Gay."

Honestly, could we be anymore predictable with our mindsets?

This isn't to say that there aren't modern metal fans with this type of ignorance, but it doesn't mean everybody has that ignorance either!

You know, even though I wasn't there, I can't help but feel there was a similar ignorance happening with some of the thrash metal fans in the 80's. I mean Slayer fans flipped the fuck out when they slowed it down for South Of Heaven? How do you think those same people felt about Black Sabbath's top speed being 100 bpm? Probably that they were "gay." And because of the thinking of just a few (but not all) outspoken cocksuckers, the entire legion of 70's fans looked at the 80's fans and said "Metal's fucking dead man" and became jaded bitter old prunes.

My point is, not every modern metal fan is that ignorant! We can't let one or two sociopathic trolling Jokers ruin an entire creed of people! In the end, isn't that how they win? Despite their falseness in the metal community, I'm sure there are plenty of Slipknot fans that love Judas Priest and Black Sabbath, just as much as there were plenty of thrashers in the 80's who loved Judas Priest and Black Sabbath. But because of those loud select few who proclaim that they hate them, the rest get kicked out of a club for liking a new breed that made them interested in it in the first place! How devastating and depressing is that?

And let me tell you something else, new fans getting flak for "not getting around to listening to the classics" is also fucking bullshit and it needs to stop. Everybody here has one classic that for some reason they just never get around to listening to. Not because of anything negative, or because they're "Gay," they just don't have the time (for me it's Thin Lizzy). But perhaps if you don't scare them off like a barking dog, they just might get around to it, and lo and behold, you have another thing in common with the young.

So in conclusion, the next time you're talking to a nu-metal fan (or a metal fan of any time, or genre,) and they say flat out that a particular classic is "gay," "they suck," "I hate them," "fuck them," etc. etc. beat the shit out of them...

....but don't make an entire sub-sect of the population a pariah for that one person's actions.

Don't hate the trendy, hate the ignorant.

b_halperin
07-15-2009, 08:56 AM
I can definetely see where you are coming from with this post, many people do generalize too quickly, and therefore they get a bad rep, especially around here. The real reason I criticize his musical choices are that he deemed:

rage aganist the machine
kiss
queen
cannibal corpse
behemoth

as the WORST bands ever.

Sure, you don't have to love them, but at least give them the respect that they deserve for influencing genres in such a huge way.

Other than that, I feel that that was indeed a very interesting and throut-provoking thread, and definetely can be applied in the future. Many people move to quickly to group "mallcore," and "ozzcore" people, when in reality most of the time they haven't taken the time to learn more about them.

-Bennett

Natrlhi
07-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Nice rant, and it includes many, many good points - but personally, I feel some of it may have been a bit misdirected. Not everyone who gets annoyed at the mallcore scene kids takes things to the extreme that you describe in your post.

By making this generalization, you've actually broken one of your own cardinal rules - don't hate on everyone in a particular group just because of a few members. Some people just like to rip on others for no reason (we call these folks assholes, and it really doesn't matter whether they are old-school or nu-skewl metal fans, their actions are deplorable either way), and then some folks just get tired of hearing the ignorant things other folks say and they let them know it. There's a difference.

Based on what I admit is hearsay (see B_Halperin's post above), it sounds like Indestructible may have stuck his foot in his mouth on at least one occasion in the past, and therefore he opened himself up for a little bit of flak.

The bottom line is: If you don't want to get flamed, then don't make inflammatory comments. If you do, it's your funeral, baby.

Sooner or later, the young 'uns learn that, and then maybe they can become productive members of a discussion board. Until that point, sometimes a little voltage needs to be applied in just the right location. Know what I mean?

Anyway, that's my :2cents:
(not that you asked :D)

SirLardsAlot
07-15-2009, 09:37 AM
NO

Natrlhi
07-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Oh sure, Baronness, Isis and Neurosis are cool, because they're underground (read: shit no one cares about)

For example, there's the above comment. This reads as inflammatory to me.

Thus:
:bigfinger

Isis, Neurosis and Baroness are neither underground (Isis: five studio albums, four EP's, four live albums, etc.; Neurosis: Are you fucking kidding me? They only spawned the entire post-metal genre for Satan's sake!; Baroness: lauded by critics everywhere, Red Album was in many folks' top ten of 2007), nor are they "shit no one cares about". They are cool because they fucking rock balls. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

(P.S. - you're allowed to not like them, but when you slam them is when you might end up getting slammed - at least by yours truly.)

See how that works? ;)

DethMaiden
07-15-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't have a problem with bad music tastes (which some people here certainly do have, IN MY OPINION BECAUSE TASTE IS SIMPLY AN OPINION BEFORE I AM FLAMED), but I do have a problem with unprofessionalism that isn't justified by sarcasm or irony.

if u typed lik this 4 a class u wud get an f so y do it hear?

Just a pet peeve of mine. :2cents:

JRA
07-15-2009, 09:47 AM
For example, there's the above comment. This reads as inflammatory to me.

Thus:
:bigfinger

Isis, Neurosis and Baroness are neither underground (Isis: five studio albums, four EP's, four live albums, etc.; Neurosis: Are you fucking kidding me? They only spawned the entire post-metal genre for Satan's sake!; Baroness: lauded by critics everywhere, Red Album was in many folks' top ten of 2007), nor are they "shit no one cares about". They are cool because they fucking rock balls. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

(P.S. - you're allowed to not like them, but when you slam them is when you might end up getting slammed - at least by yours truly)

See how that works? ;)

I was also making a joke in reference to my "Heavy Metal Tier List" which had all those underground bands at a pretty high rank, and that mentioned they would be higher, if it weren't for the fact that they have very, very, little industry buzz. Very little industry buzz = shit no one cares about. :D

Natrlhi
07-15-2009, 09:49 AM
I was also making a joke in reference to my "Heavy Metal Tier List" which had all those underground bands at a pretty high rank, and that mentioned they would be higher, if it weren't for the fact that they have very, very, little industry buzz.

Fine by me! That just means I can get all that much closer to the stage at one of their shows! :party::rocker::party:

ADD
07-15-2009, 09:50 AM
We like to give the Nu-metal and the New Wave of American Metal fans alot of shit around here don't we. Oh sure, Baronness, Isis and Neurosis are cool, because they're underground (read: shit no one cares about), but the second we see the guy with a Slipknot avatar, he's doomed to sit at the lunch table alone.

:bricks: :hecho:

Natrlhi
07-15-2009, 09:57 AM
if u typed lik this 4 a class u wud get an f so y do it hear?

Just a pet peeve of mine. :2cents:

Then you'd better not read this post.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10755

makethemsuffer12
07-15-2009, 10:01 AM
I can definetely see where you are coming from with this post, many people do generalize too quickly, and therefore they get a bad rep, especially around here. The real reason I criticize his musical choices are that he deemed:

rage aganist the machine
kiss
queen
cannibal corpse
behemoth

as the WORST bands ever.

Sure, you don't have to love them, but at least give them the respect that they deserve for influencing genres in such a huge way.

Other than that, I feel that that was indeed a very interesting and throut-provoking thread, and definetely can be applied in the future. Many people move to quickly to group "mallcore," and "ozzcore" people, when in reality most of the time they haven't taken the time to learn more about them.

-Bennett

I agree with ye. And for me, It's not Indestructible's taste in music, because I enjoy alot of the "mallcore" stuff he likes as well. It's just some of the stuff he says (well, types) is plain up stupid, or at least comes across that way with his grammar (see, I spelled it right this time :D )and all.

rjturtle9
07-15-2009, 10:06 AM
i personally never had a problem with the guy. if he said something ignorant about bands or genres than yeah go ahead and correct the guy and add maybe poke fun at the guy, but i can't really say much about the guy. some people get into metal through the classics and learn the rest little by little, and others (including me) learn through the new mainstream stuff like slipknot, korn, linkin park...

there was once a time when i thought slipknot was the greatest band ever. better than iron maiden, judas priest, all of that. but sooner or later you learn the rest and then it's history. i think that indestructible can learn a lot from this website.

mankvill
07-15-2009, 10:14 AM
no

:cool:

Natrlhi
07-15-2009, 10:52 AM
i think that indestructible can learn a lot from this website.

no

...or to put it another way, I sure hope so. But then again, I also hope - sincerely - for world peace. We'll see which happens first.

Div
07-15-2009, 10:57 AM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9151/liab.jpg

rjturtle9
07-15-2009, 11:27 AM

:lol:

ravenheart
07-15-2009, 11:30 AM
There's so little that's actually true in this thread I'm actually disappointed I've lost a few minutes of my life reading it.

Stick to getting through your box of tissues with masturbating instead of crying, guys. Jeez.

mankvill
07-15-2009, 11:45 AM
There's so little that's actually true in this thread I'm actually disappointed I've lost a few minutes of my life reading it.

Stick to getting through your box of tissues with masturbating instead of crying, guys. Jeez.

:uk:

Indestructible
07-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Question: When you see someone who likes Slipknot, Lamb Of God, or Disturbed, what's the first thing that goes through your head?

Be honest, it's probably "They probably hate Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, and Motorhead, and think that Metallica is the best band ever because they're on MTV."
i like all thoes bands and i like sabbath maiden and priest. and metallica is the 4th best band ever.

Explain what bands are mallcore

mankvill
07-15-2009, 11:48 AM
http://metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=207494&postcount=22

grindcore is not music.

Indestructible
07-15-2009, 11:51 AM
grindcore is not music. someone hitting a drum and growling for 30 seconds is not a song. an album should not have 99 tracks and only be 30 minutes. a 99 track album should be like four days

i stand by this statment i belive its true

Indestructible
07-15-2009, 11:51 AM

how did you find that

ravenheart
07-15-2009, 11:52 AM
how did you find that

He found the picture and added the text. You're not that famous ;)

JRA
07-15-2009, 12:09 PM

In regards to my original post? Or everybody else?

ChildrenofSodom
07-15-2009, 12:54 PM
As the former metalcore punching bag, I feel for yah indestructible. I WILL say that you listen to shitty bands, but i can't use that as judgment of you as a person.

JuuKun
07-15-2009, 02:09 PM
As for "a 99 track album should be four days", I've got a little over a hundred Behemoth songs on my computer, and that's only about seven and a half hours. But, exaggerations rule anyways.

I can't say I have any problems with Indestructible as a person, I guess (it's a message board, how the hell could I?), just don't agree with most of his opinions on music. Plus, grammar and spelling are big pet peeves of mine.

powerslave_85
07-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah. Caring about someone else's taste in music is a waste of time.

ravenheart
07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
In regards to my original post? Or everybody else?

More or less everything.

ravenheart
07-15-2009, 02:44 PM
i stand by this statment i belive its true

It's that kind of statement that gets you in trouble. You voice everything as fact instead of as your opinion. If you'd just said "I've got no time for grindcore as a genre", no one would have argued with you.

But you basically said "Grindcore is total shit with no redeeming qualities and everyone who listens to it is a moron". Music you don't like is not invalid music.

JRA
07-15-2009, 03:00 PM
I feel like everybody missed the point of what I'm trying to say. I should have titled this thread "don't hate the trendy, hate the ignorant."

mankvill
07-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I feel like everybody missed the point of what I'm trying to say. I should have titled this thread "don't hate the trendy, hate the ignorant."

We is.

Indestructible
07-15-2009, 04:11 PM
What bands do i listen to. since all of you seem to not like anything i do name some of the bands i listen to.

and lamb of god is better than slayer

ChildrenofSodom
07-15-2009, 04:16 PM

Thats like saying Martin Luther King Jr was better than Gandhi. Same sound, different voice.

Indestructible
07-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Well Lamb Of God is better than the new slayer. Divine Intervention on.

ChildrenofSodom
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
No one becomes a fan of Slayer by listening to new Slayer.

Indestructible
07-15-2009, 05:40 PM
No one becomes a fan of Slayer by listening to new Slayer.

Thats what I dont get. People say you cant be a fan of disturbed because you got into them when the new stuff came out or you cant be a slayer fan if you got in to them when the new stuff came out. Yes i got into slayer during christ illusion when i was 13. but i can still be a fan because i now have all their albums old and new.

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-15-2009, 05:42 PM

:eyes:

See, this is why people hate you.

Indestructible
07-15-2009, 05:44 PM
:eyes:

See, this is why people hate you.

Your worse than me if you hate me or have a problem cause i think diffrent than you.

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Your worse than me if you hate me or have a problem cause i think diffrent than you.

1st: diffErent

2nd: I never said I hate you, I said others hate you. And maybe I was exaggerating, I meant people hate on you. You just set yourself up way too much.

3rd: Lamb of God > Slayer = DOES NOT COMPUTE

ChildrenofSodom
07-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Yeah. whatever.

Just leave him alone.

Div
07-15-2009, 06:08 PM
LEAVE INDESTRUCTIBLE ALONE

LEAVE HIM ALOOOOOOOOOOONE

JUST
LEAVE
HIM
A
LONE

Indestructible
07-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I think im safe to say im more mature than a lot of you

Derelict
07-15-2009, 06:22 PM
i had a pretty good dinner tonight

mankvill
07-15-2009, 06:36 PM
i had a pretty good dinner tonight

What did you have? I had some Subway.

TonyD
07-15-2009, 06:38 PM

Yeah, because nobody has your phone number or home address.

This thread is as busy as the first Priest setlist. :milk:
I figured now would be a good time to use a face nobody had used before.

Wizzbang11
07-15-2009, 06:46 PM
It's all been said before, but I don't understand why he deserves any better than what he gets. His use of the English language is horrendous, I don't even mind typing improper sentences, not using apostrophes etc. but at least use the built in spell check in Firefox. Is it really that much to right click a few times before you post?
He also dismisses the musical merits of any genre he doesn't personally have a taste for. It also doesn't help that his humor is shitty and usually makes me regret the time I spent reading his posts.
So no, I won't leave him alone.

es156
07-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I can't decide whether this thread is sad or funny. Or both.

I also can't decide whether I should lock it or delete it. Should we vote?

ChildrenofSodom
07-15-2009, 06:51 PM
I vote to get on with our fucking lives. I have more important things to discuss on a heavy metal message board at 10:50 pm EST that aren't some 14 year old and his mallcore tastes.

Derelict
07-15-2009, 06:53 PM
What did you have? I had some Subway.

cooked some sausage with squash and peppers from my garden. pretty tasty

TonyD
07-15-2009, 07:21 PM

1 for delete.

makethemsuffer12
07-15-2009, 07:22 PM
So who here has heard of that there Iron Maiden. Good stuff, huh?

Maiden33
07-15-2009, 07:22 PM
This thread has given me many laughs and for that I thank it. I really thought about not getting involved, but alas I can not.
For me, it really comes down to this. On the internet, as in real life, it doesn't really matter what you're saying if your delivery is terrible, and when it comes being taken seriously on the internet, sorry, but spelling and grammar count. I mean for fuck's sake, if you have a decently updated browser, it will spell-check for you. It's just a matter of laziness really. I realize how trivial it sounds that I'm basically arguing that someone could say the exact same thing but if it had perfect spelling and grammar it would be taken more seriously, but it's the truth. I'm just pulling at random here, but:
"What bands do i listen to. since all of you seem to not like anything i do name some of the bands i listen to. and lamb of god is better than slayer."

Now, not a single person can argue that if that exact same sentiment would've been typed:
"What bands do I listen that cause me to become a target? Since all of you seem to dislike everything I listen to and do, name some of the bands that I listen to that force you to form that opinion. And personally I think Lamb of God is better than Slayer."
You can't deny everyone would've taken it a fuck-ton more seriously.
And furthermore, I don't feel bad for Indestructable because he's not receiving any kind of hazing or prodding that someone who comes here and does the exact things doesn't. It's just that it seems far more extreme because most of the other people receive that treatment acquire about 30 posts and then just fade away. He's actually stuck around.

But I have to say the creation of this thread has actually upset me far more than anything Indestructable has done. I find him moderately annoying due to the spelling and grammar and matter-of-fact mannerisms, but it's something I can deal with. I do believe that this has certainly not been the first thread or movement JRA has started in which he somehow acts like has some form of higher power-like viewpoint. This is a message board. There is a certain code of ethics here, but I don't think anyone (especially a non-mod) needs to be posting topics saying the status quo of posters should alter their way of thinking. Just my two cents, and it's probably going to start something, but oh well, I had to.

JRA
07-15-2009, 07:46 PM

Do both. I was trying to create something that says we shouldn't be cliqish(sp?) and that we shouldn't exclude someone because they do something that violates the "rules" of our clique, only if they are willfully ignorant.

Clearly I have failed. Punish my failure.

Actually, a more useful way of punishing me for my failure would be to let this thread keep going and degenerating into stupidity. If it was deleted then I'd probably forget about it and I don't trust myself that I'd learn anything from it.

This thread is as busy as the first Priest setlist. :milk:

And this doesn't make any sense.

ravenheart
07-16-2009, 01:03 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Indestructible
07-16-2009, 05:48 AM
What bands do i listen to. since all of you seem to not like anything i do name some of the bands i listen to.

since some of you seem to hate the bands i do what bands do i listen to.

b_halperin
07-16-2009, 08:08 AM
since some of you seem to hate the bands i do what bands do i listen to.

not good ones

Indestructible
07-16-2009, 08:20 AM
not good ones

Then you dont like lamb of god if you think the bands i listen to are not good ones

b_halperin
07-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Then you dont like lamb of god if you think the bands i listen to are not good ones

obviously not every band you listen to is bad. but the bands that you don't listen to and deliberately dismiss are some bands you could really either enjoy or be content with, instead of treating your opinion as coming from a higher power.

Indestructible
07-16-2009, 08:52 AM
rage aganist the machine
kiss
queen
cannibal corpse
behemoth

rage-rap and rock do not mix

kiss and queen-well i just dont like them they dont appeal to me like they do to others

cannibal corpse and behemoth- they have a really bad growl that i can not understand at all.alot of bands that growl/scream i dont like and then others that scream and growl i do like

ChildrenofSodom
07-16-2009, 10:03 AM
This is mindnumbing. Its like I'm reliving my first week on the internet all over again.

mastodon421
07-16-2009, 10:15 AM
i dont like Behemoth either but at least give them some credit. They are very talented musicians. I like all types of metal so i can somewhat relate to Indestructible but some of his opinions and statements are little crazy but i wont give him any shit about it.

rjturtle9
07-16-2009, 10:21 AM
I vote to get on with our fucking lives. I have more important things to discuss on a heavy metal message board at 10:50 pm EST that aren't some 14 year old and his mallcore tastes.

i agree with this. leave the kid alone

SomewhereInTime72
07-16-2009, 10:47 AM
SABGKHFKJGABSHDGSFHAJKDNBGHA

BGSJAKLGKAS JDGKHJKSALGT

JBGDSKALSGKAHGJDKL.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d152/MattyLats/mindblown.gif

Indestructible
07-16-2009, 11:31 AM
:shred::punk: :shred::punk:
:shred::punk::punk:
:shred::punk::shred::punk:
:shred::shred::punk:

makethemsuffer12
07-16-2009, 01:06 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d152/MattyLats/mindblown.gif

:lol: I haven't seen that in so long.

Sinfulsot
07-17-2009, 05:43 AM
Instead of weighing in, I thought I'd offer my services as thread killer and see what happens.

ravenheart
07-17-2009, 05:45 AM
rage-rap and rock do not mix

Yes, they do.

mankvill
07-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Yes, they do.

Agreed.

Natrlhi
07-20-2009, 01:07 PM
:deadhorse

:zzz:

Let's move on.

ravenheart
07-20-2009, 04:49 PM
:deadhorse

:zzz:

Let's move on.

Everyone else had. Three days ago. Then you come along... ;)

The_jman
07-20-2009, 07:54 PM
This is just a curiosity. How can a self proclaimed disturbed fan claim rap and rock don't mix? much of disturbed's music has a lot of the rap rhythms even if its not flat out rapping save on maybe a few songs Droppin' plates and Meaning of Life for examples of true rapped lyrics.

ChildrenofSodom
07-20-2009, 07:59 PM
God...why is this thread still a) being posted in, b) not locked?

Maiden33
07-20-2009, 09:28 PM
God...why is this thread still a) being posted in, b) not locked?

I can't tell you, but I will however admire your Kamelot-related signature.

DethMaiden
09-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Hey JRA, this is your chance to take this back.

bt11763
09-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Hey JRA, this is your chance to take this back.

+1

JRA
09-19-2010, 07:40 PM
i tak bak

Eric please close this shit forever.

Div
09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/falcs00/ForumPics/Inb4lock.gif

Sanitarium78
09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Before anyone locks this thread forever let me chime in here. I DO KNOW Indestructible personally. In fact, i'm completely serious when I say this, he's my nephew. I don't come to his defense most of the time since I figure it's better for him to learn to defend himself on his own and not have someone coming to his aid all the time.

Sure his ideas about conspiracies and the government are messed up and not everyone, including myself believes in most of it. But he his a good kid despite the fact that he doesn't word his opinions right and he doesn't share the same ideas as a lot of you as to what it metal and what isn't he still has good musical taste. Maybe it's not as underground as some of you would like and it might be a little more mainstream than some of care for but the point is he is still a fellow metal fan. Even though he may not express himself properly he still deserves your respect for being a fan of metal no matter what kind it is and weather or not you approve of the bands he listens to or not.

bt11763
09-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Even though he may not express himself properly he still deserves your respect for being a fan of metal no matter what kind it is and weather or not you approve of the bands he listens to or not.

ehhhhhhh...i respect your standpoint and where you're coming from, but respect is earned, not given.

Maiden33
09-19-2010, 08:39 PM
I certainly don't think every metal fan deserves my respect simply for being a metal fan. Some of the worst and dumbest people I've ever met were "metal" fans. Just because we both like a few of the same bands does not mean we are kindred spirits who can find common ground and live happily amongst eachother. Some people (not saying anyone here) are just douchebags, plain and simple. They come in all shapes and sizes.

larvtard
09-19-2010, 08:49 PM
In fact, i'm completely serious when I say this, he's my nephew.

Holy shit... I didn't see that coming :eek:

illuminatus917
09-19-2010, 08:58 PM
I certainly don't think every metal fan deserves my respect simply for being a metal fan. Some of the worst and dumbest people I've ever met were "metal" fans. Just because we both like a few of the same bands does not mean we are kindred spirits who can find common ground and live happily amongst eachother. Some people (not saying anyone here) are just douchebags, plain and simple. They come in all shapes and sizes.

I, for one, have found the most intelligent subcultures to identify themselves with post-rock and punk. These people almost always tend to be more informed on history, government, law, etc... An informed metalhead seems to be an exception.

Maiden33
09-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Holy shit... I didn't see that coming :eek:

I did. :D

I may have had some inside info to work with though...

TonyD
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
I, for one, have found the most intelligent subcultures to identify themselves with post-rock and punk. These people almost always tend to be more informed on history, government, law, etc... An informed metalhead seems to be an exception.

Cool story bro.

illuminatus917
09-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Cool story bro.

Sarcasm?

PlaysWithKnives
09-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Wow! I never thought Indestructible would be the subject of such a thread. Well, label me as a bleeding heart, and defending him because he's from my part of the world, but I think he gets too much shit. Yeah his english sucks, and he says wacky anti goverment shit, but i think he means well. He may be misguided but he loves his metal. Isn't that what counts? I don't think he's listening to Clay Aken or Justin Beeber. Maybe that's not enough to dignify anything he posts , but its ok for me. I'm not that anal.

Derelict
09-20-2010, 04:46 AM
Sarcasm?

It's funny that you posted how smart you are, then missed out on the cool story bro.

Also, no one really makes fun of indestructible's musical preferences (cause really, who cares), he gets make fun of because he can't spell, can't produce a coherent though, and believes our government is poisoning us on purpose with flouride and chemtrails.

DethMaiden
09-20-2010, 05:17 AM
It's funny that you posted how smart you are, then missed out on the cool story bro.

Also, no one really makes fun of indestructible's musical preferences (cause really, who cares), he gets make fun of because he can't spell, can't produce a coherent though, and believes our government is poisoning us on purpose with flouride and chemtrails.

Bingo. As I believe a post of mine says earlier in this thread from over a year ago. His taste in music is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand.

ravenheart
09-20-2010, 05:29 AM
He may be misguided but he loves his metal. Isn't that what counts?

For me, no, it's not. What counts is stating things that are wrong as fact, being corrected, and arguing that they're fact anyway. The appalling English can obviously be overlooked in reality (although mockery for it should be accepted at all times, because no real excuse, and he should still be able to form a sentence, even if it's spelled and punctuated badly) and I view all the anti-government stuff as a big joke anyway. And I don't care who likes which bands anyway. It's the other stuff.

illuminatus917
09-20-2010, 07:38 AM

I was asking TonyD if he was being sarcastic.

IrritatedTrout
09-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Bingo. As I believe a post of mine says earlier in this thread from over a year ago. His taste in music is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand.

Across that line YOU DO NOT... also, dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian American please.

DethMaiden
09-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Across that line YOU DO NOT... also, dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian American please.

Thank you. :D

ravenheart
09-20-2010, 08:53 AM
I was asking TonyD if he was being sarcastic.

TonyD is never sarcastic.

mankvill
09-20-2010, 10:06 AM
At least he knows how important grindcore is.

Derelict
09-20-2010, 10:13 AM
At least he knows how important grindcore is.

your avatar makes your posts 50% funnier

TonyD
09-20-2010, 10:48 AM

We're not talking about a guy that built the railroads here, we're talking about a guy that peed on my rug.

ravenheart
09-20-2010, 01:43 PM
your avatar makes your posts 50% funnier

50% of zero is still zero ;)

El Gordo
09-21-2010, 02:14 AM
We're not talking about a guy that built the railroads here, we're talking about a guy that peed on my rug.

Donny, you're out of your element! Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here.

Indestructible
09-21-2010, 04:58 PM
The real reason I criticize his musical choices are that he deemed:

rage aganist the machine
kiss
queen
cannibal corpse
behemoth

as the WORST bands ever.

I did take out kiss and Queen from my worst bands ever list. Both bands have some good songs but other songs they have can be really bad. I just think both bands are really overrated and I see nothing special in them at all. I will still keep Cannibal Corpse,Behemoth and Rage against the Machine in my worst bands ever list. Im just not a fan of rage or most things black and death metal.

makethemsuffer12
09-21-2010, 05:01 PM
I did take out kiss and Queen from my worst bands ever list. Both bands have some good songs but other songs they have can be really bad. I just think both bands are really overrated and I see nothing special in them at all. I will still keep Cannibal Corpse,Behemoth and Rage against the Machine in my worst bands ever list. Im just not a fan of rage or most things black and death metal.

It's cool if you're not a fan of the bands, but to call them some of the worst bands ever is a little extreme. That kind of title should really be reserved for the Bring Me The Horizon's and the Attack Attack's of this world.

Indestructible
09-21-2010, 05:06 PM
It's cool if you're not a fan of the bands, but to call them some of the worst bands ever is a little extreme. That kind of title should really be reserved for the Bring Me The Horizon's and the Attack Attack's of this world.
I heard one attack attack song I don't remember it. I know it was bad. I think i have heard bring me the horizon are they one of those deathcore growling bands I dont like.

makethemsuffer12
09-21-2010, 05:19 PM
I heard one attack attack song I don't remember it. I know it was bad. I think i have heard bring me the horizon are they one of those deathcore growling bands I dont like.

They were a shitty deathcore band, and now they're more of a shitty metalcore band.

Also, I'm just wondering why you hate growling so much, yet you like bands like Amon Amarth and Lamb of God that utilize similar vocal techniques. Don't even bother responding if you're gonna use the "I can't understand what they're saying" argument again.

Indestructible
09-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Also, I'm just wondering why you hate growling so much, yet you like bands like Amon Amarth and Lamb of God that utilize similar vocal techniques. Don't even bother responding if you're gonna use the "I can't understand what they're saying" argument again.

All the growling and screaming i hate does come from me wanting to understand what the singer is trying to say.If the band as something to say why scream or growl it use clean vocals so people can understand. Bands like Lamb of god, Amon Amarth and In Flames scream and growl I can understand just fine. Some screaming and growling appeals to me some doesnt.

Maiden33
09-21-2010, 05:32 PM
For the record, my stance on growling:

The only growling/screaming/harsh vocals I like are a counterpoint to clean vocals. I don't listen to any bands that growl exclusively, or even the majority of the time. I can very much deal with the occasional song by a band that employs the use of growling for an effect (especially on a concept album to display the correct emotion/mood). The only band that uses it heavily/regularly (more than 1-3 songs per album as a small effect) that I really like is Mercenary, because they have all the stuff I love in a band otherwise and I feel they actually use growls/screams in a way that enhances the mood and drama of their music, rather than detracting from it. Overall though, it's no real secret around here that I simply just don't like "extreme" forms of metal.

JRA
09-21-2010, 07:13 PM
I used to really hate growling. You all should be thanking Paul Balloff for changing my mind or else you'd never hear the end of it from me.

DethMaiden
09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Once you acquire the taste, the sky's the limit, honestly. Just like clean singing there's a million styles and identities for screamers/growlers/shouters/yellers/shriekers and just as many suck as do rule. Again, just like with clean singers.

SomewhereInTime72
09-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Once you acquire the taste, the sky's the limit, honestly. Just like clean singing there's a million styles and identities for screamers/growlers/shouters/yellers/shriekers and just as many suck as do rule. Again, just like with clean singers.

Pretty much this. I hated growling for a while too. :eek:

idrinkwine732
09-21-2010, 07:19 PM

I agree. It's just a taste that at one point clicks, and eventually it gets really interesting.

Maiden33
09-21-2010, 07:20 PM

I agree with this overall. I think some people see it as something to "acquire a taste for" or "get past" for people who say they don't like it. I just don't like it unless used in the scenarios I mentioned above. That's just not changing for me, haha.

Derelict
09-21-2010, 07:24 PM

Agreed Brad - I'm starting a thread on this

BloodoftheKings
09-22-2010, 10:59 AM

:confused:

Crionics
09-22-2010, 12:08 PM

Like makethemsuffer said..Just because you are not a fan doesn't mean that they should be in your "worst bands ever list."

The_jman
09-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Wow, I think he actually posted a reason for his opinion and actually posted it as an opinion rather than fact.
Did not see the relation thing oming, I mean it makes sense cause of location but I thought it could have just been coincidence

Who revived this thread, and why?

JRA
09-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Wow, I think he actually posted a reason for his opinion and actually posted it as an opinion rather than fact.
Did not see the relation thing oming, I mean it makes sense cause of location but I thought it could have just been coincidence

Who revived this thread, and why?

Brad, and who isn't closing this thread, and why? Eric.

Everybody wipe your ass on Brad and Eric. :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass:

es156
09-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Brad, and who isn't closing this thread, and why? Eric.

I don't know man, this thread has taken some pretty funny turns. I am waiting to see what may be revealed next.......

:allan:

TonyD
09-22-2010, 07:24 PM
I don't know man, this thread has taken some pretty funny turns. I am waiting to see what may be revealed next.......

:allan:

Fonzie is gonna jump a shark

The_jman
09-23-2010, 04:20 AM
I can't believe I reread this entire thread last night... it was still as silly as it was the first time I read it last july.

elturtleboy
09-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Grindcore>Music
Slayer>Lamb Of God
Cannibal Corpse,Behemoth,Rage Against The Machine>mallcore.
Some nu-metal kicks ass.
Nuff Said.

bt11763
09-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Grindcore>Music
Slayer>Lamb Of God
Some nu-metal kicks ass.
Nuff Said.

i like you :D

elturtleboy
09-23-2010, 10:01 PM
i like you :D

minus Lady caca,ur perfect!

bt11763
09-23-2010, 10:12 PM
minus Lady caca,ur perfect!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/4_7gauInYUo/0.jpg

The_jman
09-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Grindcore>Music
Slayer>Lamb Of God
Some nu-metal kicks ass.
Nuff Said.
Hate to disagree but
music is deffinately > than grindcore... not saying its not music but just sayin in my opinion, most other music > than grindcore.

masterguy49
10-04-2011, 07:14 PM
BUMP

daimonos
10-04-2011, 07:20 PM
lmao forgot about this one.

JRA
10-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Hate to disagree but
music is deffinately > than grindcore... not saying its not music but just sayin in my opinion, most other music > than grindcore.

Unless that album is called World Downfall.

I stand by the original point of this thread, "Don't hate the trendy, hate the ignorant."

OraclesofAgony
10-05-2011, 01:58 AM

rage aganist the machine
kiss
queen
cannibal corpse
behemoth

as the WORST bands ever.

-Bennett

Boy I sure hope you changed your mind.

OraclesofAgony
10-05-2011, 01:59 AM
Unless that album is called World Downfall.

I stand by the original point of this thread, "Don't hate the trendy, hate the ignorant."

World Downfall rules. :rocker:

IrritatedTrout
10-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Before anyone locks this thread forever let me chime in here. I DO KNOW Indestructible personally. In fact, i'm completely serious when I say this, he's my nephew. I don't come to his defense most of the time since I figure it's better for him to learn to defend himself on his own and not have someone coming to his aid all the time.

Sure his ideas about conspiracies and the government are messed up and not everyone, including myself believes in most of it. But he his a good kid despite the fact that he doesn't word his opinions right and he doesn't share the same ideas as a lot of you as to what it metal and what isn't he still has good musical taste. Maybe it's not as underground as some of you would like and it might be a little more mainstream than some of care for but the point is he is still a fellow metal fan. Even though he may not express himself properly he still deserves your respect for being a fan of metal no matter what kind it is and weather or not you approve of the bands he listens to or not.

I had totally forgot about this.:lol:

Nick_to_the_face
04-17-2012, 10:08 PM
O hai giuse

SomewhereInTime72
04-18-2012, 11:19 PM
this is an historic thread

Nick_to_the_face
04-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Does Indestructible even come around much anymore?