PDA

View Full Version : Lamb Of God -- Boston, MA -- May 12th, 2009

pantera1115
07-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Venue: House Of Blues

first band up was god forbid they were very good and got the crowed going pretty well a lamb of god crowd is hard to please and i was glad to see they did because i am a fan of this band

i think they did one more but here is the set list :rocker:
god forbid set list
Antihero
War of Attrition
Empire of the Gun
Force-Fed
End of the World

next up up was municipal waste at first i didnt know what to think of them besides this sucks all they did was play songs named after things ment to get a rise out of people they would say the word weed and every 1 would go yeah weed they clearly didnt belong there

Children of bodom dropped off not that i cared im not a fan id probably lie em more if it wasnt for the over powering keboard iv seen them before and they were actually pretty good but im still not a fan

as i lay dying took the stage and they are one of my favorite bands i was so pumped because iv always said a sick aild intro would be separation and then flow into through struggle and they did just that and the crowed went nuts i hate when people say that only hxc dancers like this band cause there were no hxc dancers on the floor that night nor were there the other 2 times iv seen them every singing part echoed through the building and every breakdown was death

as i lay dying set list was :rocker:
separation
Through Struggle
Nothing Left
Forever
An Ocean Between Us
Meaning in Tragedy
falling upon deaf ears
Within Destruction
The Sound of Truth
94 Hours
Confined

Now i could feel the tention in the air as lamb of god was setting up people were pushing and shoving as if they were playing already when people were not chanting lamb of god they were chanting something random i even heard a swine flu chant at 1 point this was to be my first time seeing them and i couldnt remember ever being so pumped in my life as soon as the into hit a pit opened up and i got a black eye from it. it was every thing i hoped it would be the sound was perfect the crowed was nuts i even lost my shoes during the wall of death witch kinda sucked but i was able to get em back but being traped in a wall of death shoeless is not somthing i recommend trying

Lamb Of God Set List :rocker:
The Passing
In Your Words
Set to Fail
Walk with Me in Hell
Hourglass
Now You've Got Something to Die For
Ruin
Dead Seeds
Blacken the Cursed Sun
Mark Marton Solo
Grace
Broken Hands
Laid to Rest
Contractor
Reclamation
Redneck
Black Label

7/25/09 Mudvayne/BLS/Static X/Suicide Silence
8/4/09 Mayhem Fest
9/13/09 Down
10/3/09 In Flames

b_halperin
07-14-2009, 09:03 PM
next up up was municipal waste

they clearly didnt belong there

:eyes:

Sure, they may belong to a different genre of metal... but the waste kills it every time

mankvill
07-14-2009, 09:10 PM
oh god this thread title

oh god the latest set lists in the top right

what the fuck is going on here

edit: and oh god i think we found someone with shittier taste than Indestructible

300%_Density
07-14-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm not trying to play hippie peace maker by any means but shouldn't we atleast wait to hate on someone for a little while instead of attacking somebody on their first post? Like I said not trying to play hippie but let's give 'em a chance.

xStructualDefect
07-14-2009, 09:29 PM
i know what you mean about as i lay dying they're amazing live each time. the only time there were dancers was when i saw them at warped tour which was lame as fuck cuz the dancers didn't know shit about them they just came to see them so they can dance.

mankvill
07-14-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm not trying to play hippie peace maker by any means but shouldn't we atleast wait to hate on someone for a little while instead of attacking somebody on their first post? Like I said not trying to play hippie but let's give 'em a chance.

:nonono: but it's like he didn't even try to format the thread title right.

:lol:

consider this newbie hazing! ;)

nxtVH90
07-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Pantera, you really dont care for Bodom? Their keyboardist is the 2nd most important person in the band after Alexi. And they're one of, if not the best Melodic Death band there is.

mankvill
07-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Their keyboardist is the 2nd most important person in the band after Alexi.

It's so true. He's so animated and awesome. :lol:

andrew_metalhead
07-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Their keyboardist is the 2nd most important person in the band after Alexi. And they're one of, if not the best Melodic Death band there is.

I agree with every word there. \m/

300%_Density
07-14-2009, 10:58 PM
:nonono: but it's like he didn't even try to format the thread title right.

:lol:

consider this newbie hazing! ;)

Haha I guess I never really thought of it that way. Guess I'm done playing hippie now.

andrew_metalhead
07-15-2009, 12:19 AM
this thread is funny.

Indestructible
07-15-2009, 08:19 AM
oh god this thread title

oh god the latest set lists in the top right

what the fuck is going on here

edit: and oh god i think we found someone with shittier taste than Indestructible

whats wrong with my taste

Natrlhi
07-15-2009, 08:55 AM
first band up was god forbid they were very good and got the crowed going pretty well a lamb of god crowd is hard to please and i was glad to see they did because i am a fan of this band
next up up was municipal waste at first i didnt know what to think of them besides this sucks all they did was play songs named after things ment to get a rise out of people they would say the word weed and every 1 would go yeah weed they clearly didnt belong there
Children of bodom dropped off not that i cared im not a fan id probably lie em more if it wasnt for the over powering keboard iv seen them before and they were actually pretty good but im still not a fan
as i lay dying took the stage and they are one of my favorite bands i was so pumped because iv always said a sick aild intro would be separation and then flow into through struggle and they did just that and the crowed went nuts i hate when people say that only hxc dancers like this band cause there were no hxc dancers on the floor that night nor were there the other 2 times iv seen them every singing part echoed through the building and every breakdown was death
Now i could feel the tention in the air as lamb of god was setting up people were pushing and shoving as if they were playing already when people were not chanting lamb of god they were chanting something random i even heard a swine flu chant at 1 point this was to be my first time seeing them and i couldnt remember ever being so pumped in my life as soon as the into hit a pit opened up and i got a black eye from it. it was every thing i hoped it would be the sound was perfect the crowed was nuts i even lost my shoes during the wall of death witch kinda sucked but i was able to get em back but being traped in a wall of death shoeless is not somthing i recommend trying

There are punctuation keys in the lower right corner of your keyboard - just so you know. :tp:

Also, they sell maps and calendars in many different types of stores around the country - if not, you could always ask someone what day it is, or where you are - just be prepared for a few quizzical looks.

b_halperin
07-15-2009, 10:06 AM
quizzical

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. quizzical

Derelict
07-15-2009, 11:15 AM
I think there's a correlation between the band being posted about and whether the poster uses the correct format.

mankvill
07-15-2009, 11:17 AM
whats wrong with my taste

grindcore

SerpentineVIVIVI
07-15-2009, 11:22 AM
grindcore

:lol::lol::lol:

Touche :cool:

DethMaiden
07-15-2009, 11:29 AM
I think there's a correlation between the band being posted about and whether the poster uses the correct format.

:lol: I'd say the coefficient is damned close to 1. ;)

Derelict
07-15-2009, 11:49 AM
:lol: I'd say the coefficient is damned close to 1. ;)

This is like the 50th time with a Lamb of god setlist...

nxtVH90
07-15-2009, 12:04 PM
grindcore

I can't argue with that. thats some terrible shit.

nxtVH90
07-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Pantera, if you read this, then PLEASE watch this duel between Alexi and Janne. You will gain a new opinion about their keyboards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2broLKI2GI&feature=related

Indestructible
07-15-2009, 12:40 PM
grindcore

i hate all grindcore. i hate anything with the word grindcore in it i hate anything that assosiates with grindcore

The_jman
07-15-2009, 02:27 PM
What I still don't get is how'd this dude not know even what fuckin state he lives in? ok the date could be a bit easy to forget, just because I'm strange and remember the metallica date of november 11th 2008 cause I was there...
anyway the point is, if you're going to make a review shouldn't you at least know what state you were in at the time?, chances are this show was already reviewed, since... there weren't that many dates without bodom on it.

The_jman
07-15-2009, 02:32 PM
I watched the clip posted, bodom's keyboardest is fuckin amazing the guitarest is good, but I think the keyboardest won that duel.

impropagation666
07-15-2009, 02:36 PM
I can't argue with that. thats some terrible shit.

Not the old stuff, like Carcass, Napalm Death, Repulsion. :rocker:

impropagation666
07-15-2009, 02:37 PM
But if you're taking about the new stuff where toilets and blenders are used as instruments, I'm with you guys all the way. :p

JuuKun
07-15-2009, 03:05 PM
i hate all grindcore. i hate anything with the word grindcore in it i hate anything that assosiates with grindcore

See, he hates it so much he forgot proper capitalization and even how to spell associates.

I'm warming up to grindcore. Before I only really listened to Napalm Death and Carcass and kept it to that, but I'm opening up right now. General Surgery are, by far, my favorite now. So awesome.

mankvill
07-15-2009, 03:43 PM
But if you're taking about the new stuff where toilets and blenders are used as instruments, I'm with you guys all the way. :p

:blah::blah:

pantera1115
07-15-2009, 04:19 PM
ya i dont know what it is bodom is clearly a talented band and are very good live but i just think the keyboard takes away from it at least for me any way im right now trying to get into more death metal im not a cannibal corpse fan by any means but im pumped to see them at mayhem cause i know they are gona be insane so im hoping that show will make or break it for me if i leave there a cc fan mabe it will open my mind to other types of metal like bodom ill just have to wait and see im deff gona post a review of that show

pantera1115
07-15-2009, 04:51 PM
exactly i hate that sterotype and i didnt kno this but i saw and interview on youtube and i guess thats 1 of the reasons mayhem was created besides the fact that ozzfest is pretty much dead the guy that made it said it was a travisity seeing bands like kse atr and aild playing on warped tour and i guess kse never wanted to play that show and wasnt happy that they did

Derelict
07-15-2009, 06:46 PM
ya i dont know what it is bodom is clearly a talented band and are very good live but i just think the keyboard takes away from it at least for me any way im right now trying to get into more death metal im not a cannibal corpse fan by any means but im pumped to see them at mayhem cause i know they are gona be insane so im hoping that show will make or break it for me if i leave there a cc fan mabe it will open my mind to other types of metal like bodom ill just have to wait and see im deff gona post a review of that show

Can you use punctuation in that review please?

Thanks,
The English language

300%_Density
07-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Wow I already think I forgot what this post was about.

300%_Density
07-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Can you use punctuation in that review please?

Thanks,
The English language

And when you sign something does it take a long time to actually sign The English Language or do you shorten it to English Language?

Derelict
07-15-2009, 07:19 PM
And when you sign something does it take a long time to actually sign The English Language or do you shorten it to English Language?

Depends on my mood

nxtVH90
07-15-2009, 08:02 PM

The keyboards are what make Bodom as unique and incredible as they are. I must strongly disagree with the idea of setting a limit for Janne. He might be the greatest keyboardist who ever lived. He's a perfect fit for the band and he should decide what happens with the keyboards. Lets just say that if I can, I will see Bodom EVERY time they come around. And personally, I think Cannibal Corpse are pretty good. Go listen to their albums, "Tomb of The Mutilated," "Evisceration Plague," and "The Wretched Spawn." They're actually pretty good records. But if you want great Death Metal, DEATH are UNBELIEVABLE!!! Particularly their album "Symbolic." Oh, and Cannibal Corpse are not going to change your opinion about Bodom. The two bands are COMPLETELY different. Its like saying that eating salmon will change your mind about celery. It just doesn't work that way.

nxtVH90
07-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Not the old stuff, like Carcass, Napalm Death, Repulsion. :rocker:

Of those bands, the only one i really listen to is Carcass. However, I prefer their later stuff as they had more of a melodic death sound. I've heard okay things about Napalm Death, but I've been too lazy to try to get into them

Butcher of Birth
07-15-2009, 10:13 PM

What about the movie "Grind"?