5. Born of Fire
6. Manditory Suicide
7. Dead Skin Mask
8. Hell Awaits
9. Angel of Death
-------------------
10. South of Heaven
11. Raining Blood

I will post a full acount of my adventure later. Could not stay for Manson (nor did i want to anyways) because of my friends sick son.

andrew_metalhead
07-13-2009, 12:11 AM
dude?? I was there. The first 2 Slayer songs were God Hates Us All and War Ensemble :eek::eek:

b_halperin
07-13-2009, 12:15 AM
this show was sick. i ran into xstructuraldefectx and met metal01 out of total randomness in the line to meet trivium. i will post a review tomorrow, holy shit im exhausted. i did not stay for manson either

mankvill
07-13-2009, 12:18 AM
dude?? I was there. The first 2 Slayer songs were God Hates Us All and War Ensemble :eek::eek:

There is no song called "God Hates Us All" :lol:

Also: FUCK BFMV for playing Scream Aim Fire last. :angry: That fucks stuff up for me.

TonyD
07-13-2009, 12:19 AM

I'm guessing War Ensemble is correct, but "God Hates Us All" is Disciple.

Dimebag_Rusty
07-13-2009, 12:20 AM

God Hates Us All isnt a song... Thats Disciple.

TonyD

Also: FUCK BFMV for playing Scream Aim Fire last. :angry: That fucks stuff up for me.

:confused:I was about to say, "hey they play it last so you can catch it".

andrew_metalhead

Oh yea sorry. I'm fuckin tired. It was Disciple. But the 2nd song was definitely War Ensemble. But you should point that out in the July 11th thread. Someone posted the first song titled that.

metal01
07-13-2009, 12:27 AM
o man how did i make that mistake lol.

andrew_metalhead
07-13-2009, 12:28 AM
By the way, here's my review.

Got there when BFMV were about to play their last song. Killswitch Engage played after them. Didn't care for their music at all. Moshed during the Holy Diver cover, which is the most fucked up cover I've ever heard in my life. But hey at least I knew the lyrics so it was the only song I enjoyed in their set.

Slayer hit the stage at around 8.40 and the pit was fuckin insane!! I made it to the third row center, directly in front of Tom Araya. Loved each and every minute of it!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Didn't stay for Manson. On the whole, a great Slayer set and I hope I can see them "headline" next time and play at least half an hour longer. Seeing songs like War Ensemble, Mandatory Suicide, Psycopathy Red, Angel of Death and Raining Blood made it totally worth for me to go to this show just to see this band :party::party::rocker::rocker:

mankvill
07-13-2009, 12:29 AM
:confused:I was about to say, "hey they play it last so you can catch it".

From the set times I've seen, Trivium ends their set on the Jaeger stage and no band plays on the Hot Topic stage for about half an hour, and in that time span, BFMV plays. I was gonna leave and go get some merch/drinks/whatever during that time and also see BFMV play Scream, Aim, Fire since I assumed that's what they'd open with. Then I'd go back to the Hot Topic stage in time to get close enough for Cannibal Corpse.

Them playing Scream, Aim, Fire last is lamesauce. I'd rather see all of Cannibal Corpse than risk missing a song to hear on BFMV song. Oh well.

xStructualDefect
07-13-2009, 12:33 AM
i just got home from this also.

i'll add on to the setlists.

Whitechapel
--
(?)
Father Of Lies
Exalt
Possession
Vicer Exciser
Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation
Eternal Refuge
This Is Exile

Black Dahlia Murder (in no order)
----
Everything Went Black
Statatory Ape (opener)
Miasma
(new song)
What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
A Vulgar Picture
Funer Thirst (closer)

Job For A Cowboy
---
Knee Deep (opener)
Unfurling A Darkened Gospel
Embedded (closer)
Entombment of a Machine
(they played a few more but i'm not that familiar with their all their songs)

i was gonna post All That Remains, BFMVs, and KsE's sets but looks like you guys got that covered already. and to metal01 i also have no idea what was BFMV's 2nd song.

great fucking show. i'm too tired to post a review now so i'll do that later.

mankvill
07-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Job For A Cowboy
---
Knee Deep (opener)
Unfurling A Darkened Gospel

phat woots, basically the only 2 songs I would ever wanna see from them are the first 2. :)

xStructualDefect
07-13-2009, 12:51 AM
phat woots, basically the only 2 songs I would ever wanna see from them are the first 2. :)

haha actually its out of order but i do know for a fact they opened with Knee Deep.

b_halperin
07-13-2009, 12:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qoHlOjvLbE

mankvill
07-13-2009, 01:00 AM
haha actually its out of order but i do know for a fact they opened with Knee Deep.

Well...1 song is better than none. :D

TonyD
07-13-2009, 01:28 AM
I think that the setup for this festival is stupid. They make an effort so that none of the sets overlap, but nobody is going to go back and forth between the main and side stages. Both of the opening main stage bands could have longer sets.

xStructualDefect
07-13-2009, 01:35 AM
I think that the setup for this festival is stupid. They make an effort so that none of the sets overlap, but nobody is going to go back and forth between the main and side stages. Both of the opening main stage bands could have longer sets.

at today's show main stage bands didn't start til all 2nd stage bands were finished.
and people were going back and forth from the hot topic stage to the jagermeister stage all day.
so i really think it's a great setup.

TonyD
07-13-2009, 01:38 AM
That's not how it worked last year or how the schedule was set for the previous shows this year. That I can deal with. Better than Ozzfest because there is no dead time for set changes.

xStructualDefect
07-13-2009, 01:58 AM
haha i just noticed pretty much everyone here didn't stay for manson. and either did i.
i was going to but i wasn't that interested and i was also starving and really exhausted.

MunicipalWasted
07-13-2009, 01:59 AM

The set up is great IMO

Bands plays HT stage
band sets up at Jager while thier playing
Band plays at Jager right after the band at HT

No wait.

mankvill
07-13-2009, 02:11 AM

You wanna give BFMV and Killswitch Engage longer sets? :confused:

TonyD
07-13-2009, 02:38 AM

I didn't go this year.
I went last year FOR Mastodon. They played 45 minutes, and there were another 45 or so of down time til Dragonforce came on.

jhdeity
07-13-2009, 06:07 AM
I'm really hoping tha 2nd B4MV song is Ashes of the Innocent. Their best song by a mile. I caught a live version on you tube recently so they've been playing it finally. It's the bonus track on scream aim fire.

Can't wait to see my boys Beyond the Scar on the Jager stage. They just got signed by Dirtbag records and Dirtbag is printing them up all kinds of cool merch. Couldn't happen to a cooler bunch of guys...

Sanitarium78
07-13-2009, 07:28 AM

I don't mind that KSE isn't getting longer I think it's the same ammount of time Mastadon and Dragonforce got at last years Mayhem and KSE is playing in the same spot this year. What i'm wondering about is why they're only doing 2 songs off the new disc. They've played the stuff off the last two albums to death over the last three years so it's time to get more new shit in there.

And enough already with the cover of Holy Diver:mad:

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD
07-13-2009, 09:07 AM
What a shitty SLAYER setlist. They dropped the best 3 songs they've been playing in Canada: Chemical Warfare, Ghosts of War and LIVE UNDEAD (which they havent played since 1990)
Very lame indeed. :hecho:

LoveInSlowMotion
07-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Miasma
Funer Thirst (closer)

Oh fuck yes that is the best BDM set ever

mankvill
07-13-2009, 10:46 AM
What a shitty SLAYER setlist. They dropped the best 3 songs they've been playing in Canada: Chemical Warfare, Ghosts of War and LIVE UNDEAD (which they havent played since 1990)
Very lame indeed. :hecho:

Their setlist from the first day had Ghosts of War and chemical Warfare on it. I hope I get those. :(

mastodon421
07-13-2009, 10:47 AM
I didn't go this year.
I went last year FOR Mastodon. They played 45 minutes, and there were another 45 or so of down time til Dragonforce came on.

Machine Head and Underoath played on the side stages during the time before Dragonforce came on.

rjturtle9
07-13-2009, 10:50 AM
fuck this was an awesome show!! i'm sore from cannibal corpse and kinda sick from drinking too many rockstars.

behemoth and Cannibal kicked major ass but i can't really post their setlists since i can't remember much. i can say that it wasn't the same as the ones previously posted. maybe behemoths is the same but thought i heard some differences.

slayer kicked ass and they did play Ghosts of War. best part was during the new song some guy jumped on stage and tom knock his ass out. literally hit the guy and knocked him on his ass and off the stage.

i highly recommend going to see this if you weren't. a full day of metal was the perfect way for me to celebrate my 50th show :party:

dimmudan
07-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for posting these.

Anyone have cannibal corpse, behemoth, black dahlia murder, god forbid or job for a cowboy setlists? If so, please post. I'd be interested to see Manson and White Chapel setlists too.:flame:

dimmudan
07-13-2009, 11:58 AM
oops just need setlists for cannibal corpse, behemoth, god forbid and manson didn't see the lists for jfac, bdm and wc on page 2

thanks again for posting:eyes:

b_halperin
07-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Alrite, so here is my review.

Got up at 9 30, exhausted as fuck, as going to bed the night before at 4 in the morning. got in the car, and the 2 hour drive was totally worth it.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs143.snc1/5290_104530823569_660773569_2075299_703563_n.jpg

I recomment that you either get their early or late. Me and my friends waited in line for literally at least 1 hour. While hearing Whitechapel and the Jager Battle of the Bands winner play. We got in, got something to eat, and walked over to the hot topic stage to see that job for a cowboy was playing. i am not a fan so I got in a line to meet trivium. I missed all of god forbid and the beginning of behemoth, which i regret, but it also was amazing to meet one of my idolicized bands in metal music, Trivium.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs143.snc1/5290_104530838569_660773569_2075301_6211967_n.jpg

I also got a magazine signed, since if they had signed the back of my t-shirt it wouldn't have worked because they had only black sharpies.

Saw the end of Behemoth, and got in the pit a little. It was my first time seeing them live, and holy shit they put on a show!! I love their masks, and the brutality of their music

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs143.snc1/5290_104530848569_660773569_2075303_1491935_n.jpg
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs123.snc1/5290_104531748569_660773569_2075305_8382190_n.jpg

Next was All That Remains, and they are one of my favorite bands (I have a guilty pleasure for some metalcore). They were awesome, and I hope they come back soon. They were also the first band I've ever seen three times. (I swa them on In Flames tour, Revolver Golden Gods, and now Mayhem Festival 2009).

Now on to San Manuel Ampitheatre's food. NEVER buy a hot dog from San Manuel Ampitheatre unless you want to miss half of one of your favorite bands sets vomiting it out. I still got their full setlist, and im not sure whether or not someone has posted it yet, I'm too lazy to check.

1. This Calling
2. Chiron
3. Forever In Your Hands (Dedicated to girl's butts)
4. Six
5. The Air That I Breathe
6. Undone
7. Two Weeks

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs123.snc1/5290_104531758569_660773569_2075306_517217_n.jpg

Black Dahlia Murder played next. Nothing to report. Their not my kind of band.

Trivium kicked ass. I didn't mosh or pay as much attention as I would've liked to as I was still feeling the effects of that godforsaken hot dog.

when i walked in they were in the middle of down from the Sky.

Rest of their set went like this:

1. Down From the Sky
2. Throes of Perdition
3. Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr

After this I was ready to go in our seats, but my friend loves Cannibal Corpse so I went and watched their set from afar. I respect everything that Cannibal Corpse has done for the genre, but I can never seem to get into their actual music. They were still a great band.

While Bullet for My Valentine was playing, I walked around, looking at merch. I can never bring myself to buy too much merchandise at shows because I know that most of the stuff they're selling I can buy for so much cheaper at different stores.

After their set was over, we walked to our seats. Surprisingly, KsE put on a pretty respectable show. I'm glad they played some of their older material, I can't stand their new album. Rose of Sharyn was definetely the highlight for me. Adam D. never fails to impress with his hilarity, and whether you like it or not, Howard Jones has a very amazing voice.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs123.snc1/5290_104531763569_660773569_2075307_5547539_n.jpg

After waiting this long, Slayer had to impress, and holy shit they did. I can't say that I knew every song they were playing but the ones I did recognize they played amazingly! I only wish that they could have played Black Magic.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs143.snc1/5290_104531768569_660773569_2075308_2830918_n.jpg

There is no way to really describe the show that they put on unless you were actually at it. Slayer is such an amazing band (if you didn't already realize :D) and I hopefully will get to see them again at some point.

I put up a video of Raining Blood on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qoHlOjvLbE

Like several have said before, I left before Marilyn Manson. But a friend I knew that did stay said that they were awesome. That person also hates metal, screaming, and anything that sounds good :tp:.

It was a good day in my metal world, seeing several bands that I had idolized for a long time but had never gotten to see. I suggest that if you are deliberating going to this festival, just go. It is well worth the money to get decent seats and seeing the show of a lifetime.

Thanks for reading,

Bennett

rjturtle9
07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
nice review man. glad you had fun. i sure as hell did :D

Wizzbang11
07-13-2009, 01:15 PM
How did none of you manage to get a Cannibal set :(?

JuuKun
07-13-2009, 01:22 PM
My show isn't until August 4th, can't wait to see Behemoth for the fourth time - I think Cannibal for the third, too.

I'll be staying for Manson for shits and giggles, I think.

Derelict
07-13-2009, 01:27 PM

Thats alot of shit and not much giggles.

xStructualDefect
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
i'll post my review now.

i got to the parking lot around 12ish. drank a bit and smoked a little weed. so i had a little nice head change.

as i enter Whitechapel starts to play. who IMO were pretty good live. i hate deathcore as much as the next metalhead but these guys have alot potential and talent. the singers highs and lows are great. these guys delivered live. i posted their setlist on page 2.

i didn't watch the jager band. so JFAC was next. i usually hate them on studio but i thought they were decent. they kinda bored me after awhile though. i only recognized them opening with knee deep, unfuryling a darkened gospel, entombment of a machine, and closed with embedded. they played more than that though.

so God Forbid was next. i'm not too familiar with their material but i thought they were good and entertaining. i only recognized empire of the gun, to the fallen hero, and i think they closed with end of the world. i don't remember them playing walk alone which i thought they were going to play.

Behemoth was next and i didn't watch them cuz i was getting exhausted and needed water. so after doing that i watched their set from the top hill. they seemed to put on a great entertaining show for the people who came to see them but i'm not really that into that type of metal so ya.

next up was All That Remains. i thought they were pretty good. my 3rd time seeing them live since '06. i'm not really a fan but i recognized almost all of their setlist. new material sounds great live.

finally was the band i came to see most on this festival: Black Dahlia Murder. and holy shit they delivered. i went pitting alot to these guys and had loads of fun. these guys are very entertaining every time i see them and always sound great live. i posted their setlist on page 2. i really wanted to hear Elder Misanthropy again but oh well. BDM was def the highlight of Mayhem fest for me.

next up was Trivium. i didn't really watch them. i was too exhausted from BDM so i got some water and met up with some friends that barely showed up to the show. I saw the last Trivium song which was Pull Harder. I would've been disappointed if they played Gunshot and Kirisute Gomen since i like those songs a lot but they didn't play them so its fine i guess. i've seen them 2x before this show also.

Cannibal Corpse was next and i wasn't that into them. they did alot for their genre but idk i can't get into it. seems to have put on an entertaining show though.

Bullet For My Valentine was next and TBH i enjoy them on studio but i thought they were lame live for some reason. they were okay but just kind of bored me.

Killswitch Engage was up next and i thought they did great live. i could honestly say i don't like the new material at all. i like reckoning off the new album but they didn't play that.

Slayer was next and they were fucking great. i've never really been a fan of Slayer but they delivered. the crowd got crazy when they played their 3 last most famous songs.

i didn't stay for MM. the only song i like from him is Torniquet. i was going to stay but i was too exhausted and very hungry so my friends and i took off.

overall this is a fucking great show. probably the best outdoors show i've ever been to.

mastodon421
07-13-2009, 03:03 PM
My show isn't until August 4th, can't wait to see Behemoth for the fourth time - I think Cannibal for the third, too.

Amen about Manson. I will also be at the August 4th show.

mastodon421
07-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Also awesome reviews Defect and Haleprin. Defect i agree Whitechapel puts on a great show i am a fan but i know people that arent fans that said they kill it live i would recomend checking them at Mayhem even if your not a fan.

rjturtle9
07-13-2009, 03:39 PM
aye defect you got your orders of bands mixed up.

xStructualDefect
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
aye defect you got your orders of bands mixed up.

are you sure?
seems right to me.

rjturtle9
07-13-2009, 04:28 PM
are you sure?
seems right to me.

u fixed it lol

sinurgy
07-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Does anyone have the setlist for MM?

xStructualDefect
07-13-2009, 05:07 PM
u fixed it lol

haha yaaa it took me awhile to realize i had Behemoth and ATR mixed up.

SCRUM
07-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey dudes,first time posting. This is the correct set list for Slayer on 7/12/09

1.Disciple
2.War Ensemble
3.Ghosts of War
4.Jihad
5.Psychopathy Red
6.Born of Fire
7.Mandatory Suicide
8.Chemical Warfare
9.Deadskin Mask
10.Hell Awaits
11.Angel of Death
12.South of Heaven
13.Postmortem/Raining Blood

Quick lil review of the Jager and Hot topic stage.
It is one big stage cut in half.Hot topic stage kicks the show off.Once that set is finished,30 seconds later the Jager side kicks up.It alternates very fluently between the sides.No hiccups at all.And definitely where all the MAYHEM is.

Once these stages or stage "if you will "are done the mainstage kicks up 30 seconds later.

Please note that all times for the Jager and Hot topic stages as stated for the show per the venue flyer need to be bumped up 20 min.It doesn't get back ontrack until Slayer 8:30.

Example in next post.

SCRUM
07-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Hot topic :
White Chapel (2:15 - 2:45)
JFAC (3:05 - 3:35)
BEHEMOTH (4:05 - 4:35) Do not miss this one!!!
BDM (5:05 - 5:35)
CC (6:45 - 7:20) Lots of blood here.Mainly from the crowd. Saw a lot of nose bleeds!!!

Jager :
Jager band (2:45 - 3:05)
god Forbid (3:35 - 4:05)
All That Remains (4:35 - 5:05)
Trivium (5:35 - 6:05) Probably the best act on this stage.

Main Stage :
BFMV (6:05 - 6 :45)
KSE (7:25 - 8:05)
SLAYER (8:30 - 9:30) Couple sound issues at the start but still pulled off a good show.
MM (9:55 - 10:55) More sound issues. Actually brought the set to a stop for about 5 min.

Bump all these times up 20 min., just to be sure as not to miss your band.These are the actual times from the venue flyer,but not correct until Slayer @ 8:30.Why the 20 min. early start,I dunno. Great show and hey this is a great site. Kudos to the dudes who run this shit.

andrew_metalhead
07-13-2009, 06:08 PM
It would be interesting to find out about how many people actually stayed for Manson. I saw almost everyone leave when we were leaving after Slayer. Manson playing after Slayer. Wow. Disgusting.

Indestructible
07-13-2009, 06:21 PM
i dont like manson but someone made a good point to me about manson going on last .It might be good for manson to be on last so the slayer fans dont try to kill the manson fans or do anything to disturb mansons and his fans while he is on.

mankvill
07-13-2009, 08:12 PM
13.Postmortem

YYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHH

rjturtle9
07-13-2009, 08:32 PM
13.Postmortem/Raining Blood

not a single second was played from postmortem. that would have been nice though

rjturtle9
07-13-2009, 08:33 PM
It would be interesting to find out about how many people actually stayed for Manson. I saw almost everyone leave when we were leaving after Slayer. Manson playing after Slayer. Wow. Disgusting.

i was gonna stay for the hell of it, but then we left

SCRUM
07-13-2009, 08:51 PM
not a single second was played from postmortem. that would have been nice though

Sorry about that one guys.It was, just Raining Blood.

300%_Density
07-13-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm still trying to get the Manson setlist. I know Manson might not be that liked on this board but I mean really there has been way worse stuff posted on here before. I know I can't be the only one who is excited to see Manson. I'm not as big of a fan as I was back in High School but I'm looking forward anyway. I still think it's a drastic upgrade from Disturbed and Slipknot from last year.

rjturtle9
07-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I still think it's a drastic upgrade from Disturbed and Slipknot from last year.

nah ;)

sinurgy
07-13-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm still trying to get the Manson setlist. I know Manson might not be that liked on this board but I mean really there has been way worse stuff posted on here before. I know I can't be the only one who is excited to see Manson. I'm not as big of a fan as I was back in High School but I'm looking forward anyway. I still think it's a drastic upgrade from Disturbed and Slipknot from last year.
Actually Manson is the main reason I'm going to brave the insane AZ heat. I am looking forward to seeing some of the other bands of course (Trivium, Killswitch Engage, BFMV) but without Manson there, I likely wouldn't be going. I've never really liked Slayer but I think this time I'm going to at least check them out and keep an open mind. Obviously a lot of people must like them for a reason.

TonyD
07-13-2009, 11:53 PM
nah ;)

yah.

mastodon421
07-14-2009, 04:33 AM
nah ;)

i agree Slipknot and Disturbed are both much better than Manson.

jhdeity
07-14-2009, 05:37 AM
I think the comparison was Slayer and Manson vs Slipknot and Disturbed in which case I'll take Slayer and Manson. Disturbed are a good band but live it all sounds alike to me. They desperately need to speed their music up and stop using the same tempo for every song but that's just me. I like Slipknot a shit ton but they're still playing songs I've seen 7 times live. Why they're not playing Gematria and All hope is gone live makes zero sense. Both songs are heavy as fuck and people want to hear them live. I've heard Dead Memories live and it's the perfect time to make a beer run from what I heard.

As far as Manson goes his 1st 2 cd's are great. When I saw him on the Antichrist Superstar tour he absolutely killed it. Songs like Get your Gunn, Cake and Sodomy, 1996, Reflecting God, AC Superstar, Dogma, Snake Eyes & Sissies & the hits everyone knows are all solid tunes and translate well live.

When I saw him headline over Slayer last year he totally shat the bed. Not 1 song off the 1st cd, 3 off ACS and a bunch of shit from eat me, drink me mixed in with his video hits. The Slayer crowd actually gave him a chance and he blew it. Within his 1st 5 songs he had played The Fight Song and 4 shitty new songs and people filed out in droves. He could win some people over by opening with 1996 but he chose to play it next to last when people were already home. I'll give him a shot this year but if he plays a bunch of crap off his new cd, i'm out.

Sanitarium78
07-14-2009, 06:14 AM
I like Slipknot a shit ton but they're still playing songs I've seen 7 times live. Why they're not playing Gematria and All hope is gone live makes zero sense. Both songs are heavy as fuck and people want to hear them live.

You're not alone on that one. I've been wondering the same thing since AHIG came out last summer. I thought for sure they would open the shows with Gematria but for some reason they got a hard on for the first album since this is the ten year anniversary of it and filled the set up with stuff from that. I like the first album just fine but AHIG has some better songs than the first one.

At least when Disturbed and Slipknot were on it last year they booked the two most popular metal bands in america you could besides Metallica. It really drew a ton of people to the show. Slayer's fans are some of the most dedicated in the world so they'll have no problem getting people to come. I just didn't think Manson had that much drawing power anymore to headline the whole event. Plus Manson headlining over Slayer is just wrong. Isn't there a unwritten heavy metal law somewhere that can prevent that from happening?

jhdeity
07-14-2009, 07:34 AM
No doubt man. Any band that wants to play after Slayer obviously rode the short bus to school. I was so fired up after seeing Slayer last time that Manson sounded like Coldplay in comparison. He should know better.

I totally agree that Gematria would be a perfect opener. Go right into Liberate and people will go ape shit. I personally never want to hear Wait and bleed again as long as I live. I'm sure some people love singing along but give me Snap and I'd be a pig in slop. I think Snap is the best driving song I've ever come across. Maybe Bad Habit from Offspring 2nd. Total road rage inducing shit.

I'm starting to wonder about all the Slayer set list discrepancies. Normally they choose a set list and stick to it 99% of the tour. I was yelling for Jesus Saves one time and the sound guy said they're set is always the same because of the lighting schemes. Makes sense really but I think with so many great songs, fuck the lights and play obscure shit that the diehard fans want to hear. As much as people seem to love Dead Skin Mask, I'd rather have Crypts of Eternity, Black Magic, Show No Mercy or a RIB medley of Postmortem/Reborn/Jesus Saves.

mastodon421
07-14-2009, 09:08 AM
i see what your saying hidelity. Personally I like Slayer more than Slipknot or Disturbed. But i would take Slipknot and Disturbed over Slayer and Manson because i think Manson is a weak headliner. The setlist he is playing sucks its pretty HEOL and a few of his good songs [Rock Is Dead,The Beautiful People etc] if he replaced shit like Arma God Damn Motherfucking Geddon or If I Was Your Vampire with Get Your Gunn and Torniquet then that would be a lot better. I will stay for Manson as ive never seen him live before but my expectations are pretty low.

Indestructible
07-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Arma God Damn Motherfucking Geddon

that one of the worst song titles ive ever heard

andrew_metalhead
07-14-2009, 09:35 AM

that one of the worst song titles ive ever heard

For sure :lol: :lol:

mastodon421
07-14-2009, 09:50 AM
I completely agree that is an awful song title from an awful album.

Indestructible
07-14-2009, 09:50 AM

if you have a song title like this you should not headline over slayer

andrew_metalhead
07-14-2009, 09:53 AM
if you have a song title like this you should not headline over slayer

If you are Marilyn Manson u shud not headline over Slayer :lol:

mastodon421
07-14-2009, 09:56 AM

True True its blashempy that Manson is headlining over Slayer.

Indestructible
07-14-2009, 10:01 AM

that is also true

LoveInSlowMotion
07-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Anyone have Behemoth's set from the second show? I love rotating sets... but damn, the first set was pretty much perfect.

Sepultribe03
07-16-2009, 12:10 PM
How the hell does Trivium only play 5 songs :tp: Geeze

Indestructible
07-16-2009, 12:14 PM
I have to see slayer live

rjturtle9
07-16-2009, 12:26 PM

playing before cannibal that's how:rocker:

Indestructible
07-16-2009, 12:28 PM
they proboly only have about 25-30 minutes and that how many songs they can get within that amount of time

Da Mista Mike
07-17-2009, 12:30 AM
I have to wait agonizingly until the 14th of August for Mayhem Fest. So I envy all of you who has been fortunate to get the early tour dates. Lol. Thanks for all the wonderful info though.

x-voltage
07-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know if you bought presale tickets if you get early entry like last year??

andrew_metalhead
07-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know if you bought presale tickets if you get early entry like last year??

yes you do.

metal01
07-17-2009, 12:54 PM
All my friends who went to the concert have ended up sick. My friend joey, his cousin, and Serjio. Anyone else get sick? I lucked out.