PDA

View Full Version : Judas Priest -- Holmdel, NJ -- July 11th, 2009

Sinfulsot
07-12-2009, 06:35 AM
I was pretty close, but i was off to the side and had a technical partial view of the stage. all i really couldn't see was Ian Hill, which isn't really that much of a loss.

Intro
Rapid Fire
Metal Gods
Breaking the Law
Grinder
United
You Don't Have to be Old to be Wise
Living After Midnight
The Rage
Steeler
The Ripper
Prophecy
Hell Patrol
Victim of Changes
---
Freewheel Burning
Diamonds and Rust
You've Got Another Thing Coming

Missed a portion of Whitesnake's set, but then again the Priest was the objective from the get go.

Highlights: Rapid Fire, The Rage, Steeler, Victim of Changes
lesser highlights: Grinder, Ripper

Mr. Halford brought out a cane during Prophecy, not the giant staff during metal masters. and then the cycle for Freewheel Burning, which made me think Hell Bent, but alas no.

Mr. Halford also did not dye his beard, thus highlighting how old he reaally is. Still dead on with the vocals. Glenn and KK still tight.

I did leave during the classic audience participation with You've Got Another Thing, so if there was anything else after that, i totally missed it. it worked out because i was in a downpour of downpours on the road.

makethemsuffer12
07-12-2009, 06:38 AM
I hope this means they keep Hell Patrol for tonight's show.

overkill13
07-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Did you see the douchebag that got on the stage...twice?! Security basically just pushed him off to the side, unharmed, the first time he got up. Gee, I wonder why he got up a second time?

Maidenmagic
07-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Priest should not be playing British Steel in its entirety
because 1. It's not thirty years old ( just 29) and 2. Most of the songs suck.

Pastulio_
07-12-2009, 06:19 PM
The only bad song on British Steel is United.

Sinfulsot
07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Did you see the douchebag that got on the stage...twice?! Security basically just pushed him off to the side, unharmed, the first time he got up. Gee, I wonder why he got up a second time?

i did. the first time, he looked like he was going quietly. apparently, the priest possessed him to try again.

Sinfulsot
07-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Priest should not be playing British Steel in its entirety
because 1. It's not thirty years old ( just 29) and 2. Most of the songs suck.

The only bad song on British Steel is United.

While it is only 29 (and not 30), they are Judas Fucking Priest, and will do as they please. and one could argue that Grinder might be the worst song on the album.