PDA

View Full Version : Overkill Help

300%_Density
06-30-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm pretty excited about seein these guys @ Rocklahoma but I am reaching out to the metalsetlists board and ask what albums should I check out first? I'm really not sure of very many Overkill songs but I'm curious where I should start first. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DethMaiden
06-30-2009, 06:36 PM
THIS IS YOUR HORRORSCOPE

Div
06-30-2009, 06:54 PM
start with "feel the fire" and "taking over"

Maiden33
06-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Horrorscope, the album. Everything before it is worth checking out as well. There is other stuff worth checking out in their discography, but if you're in a pinch and want to prepare for a live show, Overkill plays a really really small amount of songs off their later albums.

mankvill
06-30-2009, 07:20 PM
start with "feel the fire" and "taking over"
:agree:

ADD
06-30-2009, 07:25 PM
All those 80's Overkill records are basically on the same level, none stands above the others for me, all are pretty good, get em all.

300%_Density
06-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, by all means keep them coming. I hate going into a show like this and not be prepared. If only I felt the same way about college but hey you gotta get your priorities straight right? :party:

JRA
06-30-2009, 07:50 PM
DID SOMEBODY SAY OVERKILL HELP?!?

in order of greatness

Horrorscope
Taking Over
Feel The Fire
The Years of Decay
WFO

Under The Influence sucks so go to iTunes and download Hello From The Gutter, Shred, and Drunken Wisdom

Maiden33
06-30-2009, 08:26 PM
I just realize you're obviously seeing Saxon as well. Fuck yes. You will not be disappointed. The NYC show on 5/19 was incredible, well worth the years of waiting. I'm already yearning for another actually haha.

SomewhereInTime72
06-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Horrorscope and The Years of Decay are both pretty awesome.

300%_Density
06-30-2009, 08:50 PM
I just realize you're obviously seeing Saxon as well. Fuck yes. You will not be disappointed. The NYC show on 5/19 was incredible, well worth the years of waiting. I'm already yearning for another actually haha.

Yes, definitley curious about Saxon as well. I do remember seeing some suggestions for Saxon as well which I am going to take advantage of as well. The little I know for Overkill I know even less about Saxon but I am anxious though.

I'm not sure how all of these bands will go over in Oklahoma, I'm sure there will be some disapointed they won't be more like the lines of Great White, Twisted Sister, Stryper (Headliner...HAHAHA). I haven't been to a show where I really didn't know many of the bands (w/ exception of Anthrax) in a long time so I am super stoked to be in the OK heat w/ mullet galore and some 50 year old hotties...:D

Div
06-30-2009, 08:53 PM
[SIZE="6"]
Under The Influence sucks

:grrr:

Maiden33
06-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes, definitley curious about Saxon as well. I do remember seeing some suggestions for Saxon as well which I am going to take advantage of as well. The little I know for Overkill I know even less about Saxon but I am anxious though.

I'm not sure how all of these bands will go over in Oklahoma, I'm sure there will be some disapointed they won't be more like the lines of Great White, Twisted Sister, Stryper (Headliner...HAHAHA). I haven't been to a show where I really didn't know many of the bands (w/ exception of Anthrax) in a long time so I am super stoked to be in the OK heat w/ mullet galore and some 50 year old hotties...:D

When it comes to Saxon's set list:
Get Heavy Metal Thunder (2002 compilation, re-recorded hits), and the new album, Into the labyrinth. Seriously, that would've covered every single song they played when I saw them. The only songs I could possibly see them pulling out aside from the stuff on those 2 albums is Witchfinder General and Ride like the Wind.

ravenheart
07-01-2009, 02:38 AM
Obviously Horrorscope.

But I would also recommend getting Wrecking Your Neck Live. It covers most of the best tracks from the first few albums, and most of what they'll actually play live.

ravenheart
07-01-2009, 02:43 AM
When it comes to Saxon's set list:
Get Heavy Metal Thunder (2002 compilation, re-recorded hits), and the new album, Into the labyrinth. Seriously, that would've covered every single song they played when I saw them. The only songs I could possibly see them pulling out aside from the stuff on those 2 albums is Witchfinder General and Ride like the Wind.

Plus Dogs of War, I've Got To Rock (To Stay Alive) and To Hell And Back Again.

ADD
07-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Under The Influence sucks so go to iTunes and download Hello From The Gutter, Shred, and Drunken Wisdom

Dude it doesn't suck, but yeah I guess its the least good of their classics.

And don't anyone sleep on I Hear Black, seriously. DOOOOMVERKILL :bouville:

JRA
07-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Dude it doesn't suck, but yeah I guess its the least good of their classics.

It has a lot of awkward tracks on it, like Never Say Never and Brainfade.