PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- Winnipeg, MB -- June 29th, 2009

eyekantspele
06-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Slayer was headlining this show but I was there mostly for Megadeth. This was my third time seeing them and they have always put on a great show. I wish they were headlining so they could play longer. I also think the crowd was more into Megadeth than Slayer. I know I sure was.

Setlist:

Sleepwalker
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18
Skin O' My Teeth
Rattlehead :rocker:
Kick the Chair
In My Darkest Hour
She-Wolf
Headcrusher
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
-----------
Holy Wars ... The Punishment Due

The new song "Headcrusher" is pretty good too.

Sanitarium78
06-30-2009, 02:58 PM
It's cool that they're dusting off Rattlehead. But I think Dave should take a lesson from his old buddies in Metallica and mix up the song selection a bit more. It's been the same set for 2 or 3 years now. Maybe throwing in Last Rites, Skull Beneath the Skin, Black Friday or Five magics. Bringing back Take No Prisoners 2 years ago was cool though. I love Megadeth but Dave needs to get a little more variety going in the sets.

mankvill
06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
It's cool that they're dusting off Rattlehead. But I think Dave should take a lesson from his old buddies in Metallica and mix up the song selection a bit more. It's been the same set for 2 or 3 years now. Maybe throwing in Last Rites, Skull Beneath the Skin, Black Friday or Five magics. Bringing back Take No Prisoners 2 years ago was cool though. I love Megadeth but Dave needs to get a little more variety going in the sets.

But that's not Christian.

Sanitarium78
06-30-2009, 05:58 PM
But that's not Christian.

That's right i forgot about that:D

Indestructible
06-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Why would he go christian after rejecting it for so long

Sanitarium78
06-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Why would he go christian after rejecting it for so long

I'm guessing Dave just got bored after he got clean so he needed something to fill the void. He made the more boring of the two choices I think;)

Indestructible
06-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Good set. Hopefully when they headline shows for the new album they will play a little longer.

b1indedbyfear
06-30-2009, 06:25 PM
If they keep Rattlehead in the set I'd go see them every chance i got. That is one of my favorite Megadeth songs. Like people have said they need to change the set, but that is enough fo rme to go and I have seen them atleast 10+ times.

andrew_metalhead
06-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Slayer and Megadeth co-headlined and played for equal durations in all 4 shows. I was at Vancouver gig and Megadeth played last, but played the same setlist. Glad you enjoyed it. Rattlehead was easily the highlight for me :rocker: :rocker:

TonyD
06-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Rattlehead was easily the highlight for me :rocker: :rocker:

:rocker: One for the road

Can you say if they played it faster or slower than on the album?

eyekantspele
06-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Id say it was bout the same speed. it sure is a fuckin fast song tho!

jhdeity
07-01-2009, 04:53 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority here but that setlist needs a swift kick in the ass. Rattlehead is great, everything else has been done for years. They should have left Take no prisoners in and dumped She-wolf. Added Tornado of Souls back and buried kick the chair forever. Throw us Hook in mouth, skull beneath the skin, Devil's Island, even a medley of My last words/conjuring/Black Friday would rule. Or like the 1 guy mentioned if he's "born again" play Looking down the the fukkin cross!

They released the Peace Sells songs on Rock Band and get people into those songs so why not play them live? The re-released Killing is my business so play those songs and people will buy the cd. It blows away any other cd they've made in the last 10 years.

The 1st time I saw Megadeth was on So far, So good, So what tour. 1st time I had ever seen a mosh pit and that setlist was sick! I wish I could find it now. I know they played Looking down the cross, skull beneath the skin and Mechanix off KIMB and a ton off Peace Sells.

Doro opened. Anyone remember her and her perfect fat ass stuff into leather pants singing with the hottest accent ever? nom nom nom :drool:

andrew_metalhead
07-01-2009, 04:58 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority here but that setlist needs a swift kick in the ass. Rattlehead is great, everything else has been done for years. They should have left Take no prisoners in and dumped She-wolf. Added Tornado of Souls back and buried kick the chair forever.

Take No Prisoners has also been played on last couple of tours. Tornado has always been a staple so I didn't mind that it wasn't played. And I really don't see a problem with Kick The Chair. Amazing song \m/
They could have dropped Skin O' My Teeth or Symphony for Hook In Mouth though. I would die to see that song played live.

nxtVH90
07-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Damn! thats a great set, wish i was there. how were Slayer and Machine Head?

mastodon421
07-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Does anyone have Machine Head's set? Slayer and Megadeth's are both kick-ass. Wish this came to the US.

rjturtle9
07-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Slayer and Megadeth co-headlined and played for equal durations in all 4 shows.

see told ya sooo

Indestructible
07-01-2009, 01:34 PM
This should come to the U.S