PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson: Dead at age 50

mankvill
06-25-2009, 03:12 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/25/michael.jackson/index.html

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-dies-death-dead-cardiac-arrest/

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1614735/20090625/jackson_michael.jhtml

Every radio station here is talking about it.

rjturtle9
06-25-2009, 03:23 PM
sooo he really is dead, cuz i've been hearing other stories about him just being in a coma. not even yahoo has him as dead yet

powerslave_85
06-25-2009, 03:32 PM
*Sniff* He's molesting angels now.

Div
06-25-2009, 03:33 PM
i was just gonna post this.

....... :(

EDIT: farrah fawcett died too http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2009/06/25/ST2009062502061.html?sid=ST2009062502061

rjturtle9
06-25-2009, 03:34 PM
*Sniff* He's molesting angels now.

:finger2: yes he was a crazy old man that liked kids but damn u can't deny what he did for the music world. rest in peace thriller guy

JRA
06-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Edit: Never mind, LA Times confirmed it.

This is pretty much the best thing to happen to his legacy in 20 years.

SomewhereInTime72
06-25-2009, 04:37 PM
This is pretty much the best thing to happen to his legacy in 20 years.

his manager must be thrilled

JRA
06-25-2009, 04:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQXddCgDxjk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfP7XyMDyCw

For the sake of being too soon. :D

TonyD
06-25-2009, 04:59 PM
lolwut

And I've just realized that Eddie Murphy is the Metallica of comedy.

Div
06-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Eddie Murphy is the Metallica of comedy.

this is a great quote

TonyD
06-25-2009, 05:12 PM
this is a great quote

Only because you know it's true.

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah, RIP because it's a person who died, but he wasn't exactly at his creative peak so the world loses nothing.

ChildrenofSodom
06-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Michael Jackson has not and does not effect my life, but I wouldn't call him worthless, or his death less sad because he was not presently exemplifying greatness.

Indestructible
06-25-2009, 06:04 PM
got what he deserved

michale jackson is dead:party::party::party:

SomewhereInTime72
06-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah, RIP because it's a person who died, but he wasn't exactly at his creative peak so the world loses nothing.
No loss when Clive dies?

got what he deserved

Just... stop... just stop.

Div
06-25-2009, 06:39 PM
got what he deserved

uhh why did he deserve to die?

Sinfulsot
06-25-2009, 06:58 PM
so is the everything comes in threes changed?

MichAEL Jackson
Farah Fawcett
Ed McMahon
and
David Carradine

unless Carradine wasn't natural causes? which has yet to be finalized.

JRA
06-25-2009, 07:01 PM
got what he deserved

There are plenty of celebrities who deserve to die, Michael was not one of them. Now that I think about it, between living his life now, I'd choose death.

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 07:02 PM
No loss when Clive dies?

Outside of his family and friends, not really, no. What I'm saying is it's still sad that MJ died; of course it is. But it's not sad from a fan's perspective so much as just a "someone died" perspective.

I'm still wishing him a heartfelt RIP, but it would only profoundly affect me if a) I was a bigger fan, and b) he was still making good music right now.

SomewhereInTime72
06-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Outside of his family and friends, not really, no. What I'm saying is it's still sad that MJ died; of course it is. But it's not sad from a fan's perspective so much as just a "someone died" perspective.

I'm still wishing him a heartfelt RIP, but it would only profoundly affect me if a) I was a bigger fan, and b) he was still making good music right now.

He WAS about to set out on a comeback tour. :eyes:

I miss him. :(

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 07:06 PM
He WAS about to set out on a comeback tour. :eyes:

I miss him. :(

That does put it in a slightly different light for bigger fans than myself. I mean, even if Maiden stop making albums but have a tour left in them and someone besides Janick dies, I'll be very sad.

Div
06-25-2009, 07:22 PM
if janick died and maiden when on tour after it would be the most depressing thing ever. sure it would be great to see maiden, but id keep looking around the stage for janicks antics, only to remind myself that he's dead. :(

ChildrenofSodom
06-25-2009, 07:31 PM

I think you're cheapening his life. Not as a celebrity, but as a human being. Thats the vibe I get.

ADD
06-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Millions of people die everyday and I can't stand it when people make a big shit about when a celebrity dies. I suppose though the only thing more pathetic than pretending to feel sorry about the death of someone you didn't know is complaining about people who do, so guilty as charged. Still think its stupid, especially considering how many people gave this guy shit over the last several years for being a weirdo yet now everyone's all boohoo the king of pop is dead. I don't get it.

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 07:46 PM
People I don't know die every day and no one makes threads about them to make me seem heartless.

RIP Michael Jackson

ADD
06-25-2009, 07:46 PM
People I don't know die every day and no one makes threads about them to make me seem heartless.

RIP Michael Jackson

Yee.

mankvill
06-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Millions of people die everyday and I can't stand it when people make a big shit about when a celebrity dies. I suppose though the only thing more pathetic than pretending to feel sorry about the death of someone you didn't know is complaining about people who do, so guilty as charged. Still think its stupid, especially considering how many people gave this guy shit over the last several years for being a weirdo yet now everyone's all boohoo the king of pop is dead. I don't get it.

:nag:

Next time some unknown who sold over 500 million records dies, I'll be sure to make them a thread as well.

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm not trying to say it isn't sad when someone dies. It's just not sad to me. There are many people I've never met who I would be saddened at the deaths of.

powerslave_85
06-25-2009, 08:21 PM
I was never a huge fan, but the Jackson 5 were the jam, and "Thriller" is still one of the coolest videos ever. Also:

http://interloper.org/images/2007/moonwalk.jpg

ChildrenofSodom
06-25-2009, 08:29 PM
If other people are paying their respects, I dont find it necessary or respectful for you to come in and belittle their life's accomplishments. You may not think you're doing it, but it comes off like that.

Everyone's death is important to someone. If you disagree, keep it to yourself. Just like when you pitched a fit about Bill Walsh's death overshadowing Ingmar Bergman's death. Bill Walsh was more important to more people in America than Bergman was. No one is asking you to give a posthumous blowjob to Michael Jackson, just not to belittle him before he even touches the dirt. For alot of people, including my mom, Michael Jackson was THE entertainer of their childhood. He made great music, and succumbed to his flaws/public distrust. That does not cheapen him in anyway. And if ever there was a time to look back at someone's greatest moment in life, why not at their death?

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 08:39 PM
I am certainly not belittling Michael Jackson or anyone at the time of their death. If it comes off that way, I am sorry. I am not sad; many Americans may be and this is fine. I am not saying it's nonsense to mourn famous people because there are famous people I would mourn.

ChildrenofSodom
06-25-2009, 08:42 PM
If someone said to you 'Mikael Awkerfeldt died? I didn't like his music. I dont care that he is dead.' You would be pretty pissed, wouldn't you?

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 08:44 PM
If someone said to you 'Mikael Awkerfeldt died? I didn't like his music. I dont care that he is dead.' You would be pretty pissed, wouldn't you?

a) No.

b) Find me saying saying I don't care that Michael Jackson is dead and win a prize.

ChildrenofSodom
06-25-2009, 08:46 PM
a) No.

b) Find me saying saying I don't care that Michael Jackson is dead and win a prize.

...so the world loses nothing.

You're saying he leaves no mark on you, and the world is not effected by his death.

I'm not going to argue whether or not he deserves all the attention..(he did die less than 6 hours, for godsake.) What I am saying is that by coming in here and expressing your neutrality towards his death, and expressing your opinion that he was effectively a worthless human being in his later years is very mean.

mankvill
06-25-2009, 08:51 PM
No one is asking you to give a posthumous blowjob to Michael Jackson

Except Michael Jackson. :allan:

Div
06-25-2009, 08:52 PM
if anyone has any MJ stuff, nows the time to cash in on it on ebay. expect to see a resurge of the MJ craze for a little while, from being played on the radio, tv, new albums, etc.

not saying its a good OR bad thing, but it is going to happen. like it or not, he was a very famous historical figure.

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 08:54 PM
You're saying he leaves no mark on you, and the world is not effected by his death.

Alright, that was a bit calloused. I'll give you that. If it helps, I don't totally stand behind it. But I just don't want you to think I'm trying to belittle Michael Jackson. One very easily could and I have steered clear so I don't know what you want me to say. I'll offer another sincere "RIP", but any sorrow derived from this death is only nostalgic in my opinion since he's not currently contributing music to the world. My mourning is more selfish than that when it comes to celebrities since I would only be likely to miss them if their death prevented them from entertaining me. That's just me. Doesn't mean his death doesn't matter to somebody, or many somebodies. Sorry if it came off that way.

ChildrenofSodom
06-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Except Michael Jackson. :allan:

Never proven. Never convicted. Never substantiated.

And i understand what you were saying Brad, i just wanted you to know how disrespectful that sounded. And i still think its mean to measure someone's worth by how much you like to watch them shuck 'n' jive. It is nostalgic sadness to see him die, but its not like everyone is going to be talking about him the rest of our lives. Its going to blow over in a few weeks, and we'll all be back to normal. I dont find anything wrong with exalting someone to front page status when they die, because chances are they will never make news again.

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Fair enough.

But I expect to be mourned for longer than a few weeks when I die. My fucking ghost will haunt you if you all aren't very, very sad. :mad:

ChildrenofSodom
06-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Fair enough.

But I expect to be mourned for longer than a few weeks when I die. My fucking ghost will haunt you if you all aren't very, very sad. :mad:

Write some hard hitting journalism, then maybe.

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Write some hard hitting journalism, then maybe.

Nah, I just want to write about something that doesn't matter. Like celebrities.

mankvill
06-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Nah, I just want to write about something that doesn't matter. Like celebrities.

Sup Perez!

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Sup Perez!

You know, I don't hate Perez Hilton because there's a market for what he does and he does it better than the glorified photo-mags out there. But yeah. I don't want to be even remotely similar to him so as to warrant a comparison.

Chuck Klosterman, on the other hand...if I ever end up in his so-called Cult of Comparability I'll be extremely pleased. :D

powerslave_85
06-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Please don't. I fucking hate Chuck Klosterman.

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Please don't. I fucking hate Chuck Klosterman.

HOW AND WHY :eek:

powerslave_85
06-25-2009, 09:19 PM
I think it stems from an article I read by him where he tried to argue that Kid A by Radiohead was a concept album about 9/11, despite having been recorded well before. I think it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but it was just monumentally stupid.

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 09:22 PM
I think it stems from an article I read by him where he tried to argue that Kid A by Radiohead was a concept album about 9/11, despite having been recorded well before. I think it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but it was just monumentally stupid.

I have not read this, but everything in Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs and Chuck Klosterman IV was terrific in my opinion. But that's neither here nor there. I just happen to dig his philosophy that "nothing is ever in and of itself." Sure, it produces some bullshit connections, but it never ceases to impress me that he's even making them.

ChildrenofSodom
06-25-2009, 09:23 PM
You know, I don't hate Perez Hilton because there's a market for what he does and he does it better than the glorified photo-mags out there. But yeah. I don't want to be even remotely similar to him so as to warrant a comparison.

Chuck Klosterman, on the other hand...if I ever end up in his so-called Cult of Comparability I'll be extremely pleased. :D

I would argue that Perez Hilton is more relevant than Chuck Klosterman, no matter how much I hate the former and smirk at the latter.

powerslave_85
06-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Perez Hilton and everyone else who works in the celebrity tabloid/gossip are the scum of the fucking Earth, and are lower than cockroaches. I cheer every time I see a story about someone like Sean Penn punching out a photographer. It fills me with joy.

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 09:28 PM
I would argue that Perez Hilton is more relevant than Chuck Klosterman, no matter how much I hate the former and smirk at the latter.

And you would get both to admit this. Perez thinks he's providing a service, and Chuck knows he's essentially worthless.

ChildrenofSodom
06-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Perez Hilton and everyone else who works in the celebrity tabloid/gossip are the scum of the fucking Earth, and are lower than cockroaches. I cheer every time I see a story about someone like Sean Penn punching out a photographer. It fills me with joy.

True, but why is Chuck Klosterman moderately well-known? Because he can write a funny anecdote? If only we could bottle that skill and feed the Ethiopians.

mankvill
06-25-2009, 09:31 PM

The Black Eyed Peas' manager punched out Perez Hilton because he called will.i.am a faggot.

lol irony

ChildrenofSodom
06-25-2009, 09:35 PM
The Black Eyed Peas' manager punched out Perez Hilton because he called will.i.am a faggot.

lol irony

I like will.i.am. Fuck Perez Hilton. I hope GLAAD tears him a new one.

DethMaiden
06-25-2009, 09:36 PM
I like will.i.am. Fuck Perez Hilton. I hope GLAAD tears him a new one.

Uhhh....literally? :eyes:

Butcher of Birth
06-25-2009, 10:15 PM
I honestly had a dream of seeing him Live just once. I always liked his music, and he was a live preformer beyond all else. But also, all these hateful comments are in bad tastes at this time, give him atleast a day...

All in all, I'll miss him atleast...

That's all I got to say...

SomewhereInTime72
06-25-2009, 10:21 PM
an article I read by him where he tried to argue that Kid A by Radiohead was a concept album about 9/11, despite having been recorded well before.

BWAHAHAHHAHAH THIS IS AWESOME

Elvenking
06-26-2009, 04:39 AM
I honestly had a dream of seeing him Live just once. I always liked his music, and he was a live preformer beyond all else. But also, all these hateful comments are in bad tastes at this time, give him atleast a day...

All in all, I'll miss him atleast...

That's all I got to say...

I have to agree to this fully, at one time he was well the best performer out there, if you drop all the alligations and stuff, god damn that man could write song after amazing song. The guy was more popular then the beatles and the pope combined. Thriller alone has sold what 110 million copies? drop all the jokes and everything else, the guy had something special.

oh yeah, eddie murphy is the metallica of comedy= hilarious.
I was watching trading places the other day and was thinking what the fuck happend to him, he sucks now so much.

Maiden33
06-26-2009, 10:25 AM

This.

Indestructible
06-26-2009, 11:32 AM
if he was a pedophile he deserved to die.

Div
06-26-2009, 12:28 PM
eh who really knows? it couldve just been parents trying to extort money from a celebrity. or maybe he just liked hanging out with kids cause he missed out on his childhood? or maybe he got them drunk to stick it in their pooper.

noone will ever know.

Butcher of Birth
06-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Bubbles the Monkey will always know...

TonyD
06-26-2009, 03:40 PM
I was watching trading places the other day and was thinking what the fuck happend to him, he sucks now so much.

http://www.lolwut.com/pics/breadcrab.jpg
Random?

Indestructible
06-26-2009, 04:35 PM
eh who really knows? it couldve just been parents trying to extort money from a celebrity. or maybe he just liked hanging out with kids cause he missed out on his childhood? or maybe he got them drunk to stick it in their pooper.

noone will ever know.

i find it weird that grown man hangs out with only kids in his house even after being accused of child abuse

rjturtle9
06-26-2009, 06:22 PM
i find it weird that grown man hangs out with only kids in his house even after being accused of child abuse

well that is true. should have learned his lesson after the first time. but then again, everyone sues everyone out of greed nowadays, so it won't be a surprised if the parents just wanted the big bucks.

ChildrenofSodom
06-26-2009, 06:51 PM
if he was a pedophile he deserved to die.

The accusations could not be corroborated, stories did not match up, there was no evidence of wrong doing, and certainly no criminal conviction. A psychologist studied him and found that due to the stresses of being a child star and growing up in his entire life in the limelight, as well as these certainly distressing accusations, he had mentally reverted back into a 10 year old and did not 'fit the profile of a pedophile.'

Weird? Yes. Criminal? No. Deserved death? Certainly not. Back the fuck off.

DethMaiden
06-26-2009, 06:53 PM
I think he hung out with kids because he basically was one, not because there was inappropriate shit going on. I mean, have you seen the dude's collection? Countless bronze statues of children, lots of dolls of kids and babies, and just tons of child thing. He loved children, platonically.

rjturtle9
06-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Weird? Yes. Criminal? No. Deserved death? Certainly not. Back the fuck off.

couldn't have said it better myself. agree 100%

Div
06-26-2009, 07:32 PM
michael jackson died at exactly 3:15pm, when the big hand reaches the little hand

in order to honor the late michael jackson, walmart is offering little boys pants, half off.

because michael jackson is 99% plastic, he will be melted down into lego blocks so little kids can play with him for a change.

michael jackson requested that he be cremated and his ashes put into an etch-e-sketch so little kids can still play with his knob.

because michael jackson is mostly plastic, he will be recycled and turned into plastic bags, this way he will still remain white, plastic and dangerous to children.

rjturtle9
06-26-2009, 07:41 PM
michael jackson died at exactly 3:15pm, when the big hand reaches the little hand

in order to honor the late michael jackson, walmart is offering little boys pants, half off.

because michael jackson is 99% plastic, he will be melted down into lego blocks so little kids can play with him for a change.

michael jackson requested that he be cremated and his ashes put into an etch-e-sketch so little kids can still play with his knob.

because michael jackson is mostly plastic, he will be recycled and turned into plastic bags, this way he will still remain white, plastic and dangerous to children.

wow that came out of nowhere.

overkiller
06-26-2009, 07:42 PM

I LOL'ed. Hooray for jokes in bad taste :lol:

powerslave_85
06-26-2009, 08:08 PM
The best I heard was "In accordance with his will, little boys' pants will be flown at half mast."

ChildrenofSodom
06-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Worst one I've heard.

Farrah Fawcett got to heaven and God gave her one wish (because apparently he is a genie?). She said that she wanted the children of the world to be safe. God killed Michael Jackson.

rjturtle9
06-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Worst one I've heard.

Farrah Fawcett got to heaven and God gave her one wish (because apparently he is a genie?). She said that she wanted the children of the world to be safe. God killed Michael Jackson.

yeah that's the best one i heard too

SirLardsAlot
06-26-2009, 08:36 PM
I remember back when he was exposed for giving that young kid the wine or whatever back a few years ago, my favorite joke was: "Why did Michael Jackson get in contact with Boyz II Men? He thought it was a delivery service."

But, joking aside, RIP MJ. Weird as he was he made great music and is my favorite dancer ever. The man was awesome.

JRA
06-26-2009, 08:41 PM
I remember when Dimebag got killed, I remember somebody said they put out a T-shirt saying "Dimebag...got smoked."

Sinfulsot
06-26-2009, 08:51 PM
now that the King of Pop is dead, will their be a successor to the throne?

rjturtle9
06-26-2009, 08:51 PM
I remember when Dimebag got killed, I remember somebody said they put out a T-shirt saying "Dimebag...got smoked."

someone should beat that guy

Div
06-26-2009, 09:04 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/akamaruuuu/1246040310854.gif

ChildrenofSodom
06-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Can anyone say they have never attempted the moon walk?

Div
06-26-2009, 09:39 PM
i cant

and part of why i posted that was because i knew everyone would try to moonwalk after seeing it

SomewhereInTime72
06-27-2009, 02:14 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/akamaruuuu/1246040310854.gif

I'm sorry he is just too fucking cool.

ADD
06-27-2009, 03:46 AM
I'd wear it

ADD
06-27-2009, 03:47 AM

noone will ever know.
Like that owl said, the world may never know

ADD
06-27-2009, 03:48 AM
If other people are paying their respects, I dont find it necessary or respectful for you to come in and belittle their life's accomplishments. You may not think you're doing it, but it comes off like that.

Everyone's death is important to someone. If you disagree, keep it to yourself. Just like when you pitched a fit about Bill Walsh's death overshadowing Ingmar Bergman's death. Bill Walsh was more important to more people in America than Bergman was. No one is asking you to give a posthumous blowjob to Michael Jackson, just not to belittle him before he even touches the dirt. For alot of people, including my mom, Michael Jackson was THE entertainer of their childhood. He made great music, and succumbed to his flaws/public distrust. That does not cheapen him in anyway. And if ever there was a time to look back at someone's greatest moment in life, why not at their death?
Gay

Indestructible
06-27-2009, 11:48 AM
pedophile or not his death means nothing to me

ChildrenofSodom
06-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Gay

Interesting perspective. Thanks for the insight.

ChildrenofSodom
06-27-2009, 01:25 PM
"I bet Janis, Jimi, Jim, Jerry, Kurt, Elvis, and Michael are having a jam session up in heaven right now. A horrible, cacophonous jam session because their styles clash too much.”

b_halperin
06-27-2009, 01:25 PM
pedophile or not his death means nothing to me

obviously it does because your posting about it. your telling us why you think he deserved death since he was a pediphile...

ChildrenofSodom
06-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm sickened by how many clowns have succumbed to the media circus. Get a life, and get out of his.

b_halperin
06-27-2009, 04:50 PM
the person who i feel the worst for is the doctor. since michael jackson's death has captivated the world in such a huge and annoying to a point way, people are going to start blaming the doctor for not saving him. Fuck those people, they make me sick. Sure it's a huge loss of talent, but what's done is done, and the paramedics and doctors did their best.

SomewhereInTime72
06-30-2009, 01:20 AM
Bump for a pretty awesome metal tribute: http://www.myspace.com/periphery

makethemsuffer12
06-30-2009, 04:27 PM
^Interesting...

zgodt
07-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Michael is black again.