01. Sleepwalker
02. Wake Up Dead
03. Hangar 18
04. Skin O' My Teeth
05. Rattlehead
06. Kick The Chair
07. In My Darkest Hour
08. She-Wolf
09. Headcrusher (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAkK0QTwspY&feature=player_embedded)
10. Symphony Of Destruction (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zSNSY8VyK4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.roadrunnerrecords.com%2Fblab bermouth.net%2Fnews.aspx%3Fmode%3DArticle%26newsit emID%3D122539&feature=player_embedded)
11. Peace Sells
12. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due

South of Heaven (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvHH6JKDLjc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.roadrunnerrecords.com%2Fblab bermouth.net%2Fnews.aspx%3Fmode%3DArticle%26newsit emID%3D122539&feature=player_embedded)

Pretty standard other than Rattlehead :rocker: and the new one, which sounds like 2000's Megadeth.

rjturtle9
06-25-2009, 11:22 AM
slayer set please!!!!!!

BlackmoreOfBowling
06-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Alright, time for Megadeth to reclaim the throne on the Metalsetlists 100!

And yes, I am also intrigued to see a Slayer setlist, as it could possibly be what they're doing on the Mayhem fest..

TonyD
06-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Alright, time for Megadeth to reclaim the throne on the Metalsetlists 100!

Ay men.

Spiral_Slave
06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
What does everyone think of Headcrusher?

rjturtle9
06-25-2009, 11:56 AM

saw the first 5 seconds of the vid then turned it off. i wanna wait till i get a clear version of the song to hear it.

Northern_Shaman
06-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Since everyone seems to be looking for a Slayer setlist, and nobody has supplied it.. I'll try to the best of my memory.

Intro: The Darkness of Christ
1. Disciple
2. War Ensemble
---
Not sure of the order, but they proceeded to play: Jihad, Hell Awaits, Live Undead, Psycopathy Red, Possibly one more I'm forgetting..

then finished off the night with:
Mandatory Suicide (dedicated to the troops)
Angel of Death
South of Heaven
Raining Blood.

Was definitely a great show!

edit: I was forgetting Dead Skin Mask.

Derelict
06-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Nobody does a setlist by numbers like slayer

EDIT: although live undead is pretty fucking cool, imo

rjturtle9
06-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Since everyone seems to be looking for a Slayer setlist, and nobody has supplied it.. I'll try to the best of my memory.

1. Disciple
2. War Ensemble
---
Not sure of the order, but they proceeded to play: Jihad, Hell Awaits, Live Undead, Psycopathy Red, Possibly one more I'm forgetting..

Angel of Death
South of Heaven
Raining Blood.

:barf:

JRA
06-25-2009, 01:01 PM
RATTLEHEAD!!! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Ok, it's not much, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

TonyD
06-25-2009, 01:06 PM

I think Mustaine really likes the intro to "Burnt Ice"

Northern_Shaman
06-25-2009, 02:07 PM
:barf:

Yeah, not going to lie, I was really stoked to hear a little more "slower" songs from them. Behind The Crooked Cross & Spirit In Black for example.. They could only play for just over an hour though, so I guess they wanted to play some fast stuff.. But South of Heaven was the highlight of their set in terms of crowd reaction for sure.

rjturtle9
06-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Yeah, not going to lie, I was really stoked to hear a little more "slower" songs from them. Behind The Crooked Cross & Spirit In Black for example.. They could only play for just over an hour though, so I guess they wanted to play some fast stuff.. But South of Heaven was the highlight of their set in terms of crowd reaction for sure.

slower???? i want more thrash stuff like show no mercy!!!! black magic, antichrist, tormentor, metal storm/face the slayer...

metal_head_pete
06-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Does anyone know what machine head's set was?

Northern_Shaman
06-25-2009, 03:36 PM
slower???? i want more thrash stuff like show no mercy!!!! black magic, antichrist, tormentor, metal storm/face the slayer...

Hahahah, oh. Makes sense. I just really, really wanted Spirit In Black. Maybe Edmonton or Winnipeg will get it, because I think they get a longer Slayer set.

TonyD
06-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Hahahah, oh. Makes sense. I just really, really wanted Spirit In Black. Maybe Edmonton or Winnipeg will get it, because I think they get a longer Slayer set.
One of their best songs.

eyekantspele
06-25-2009, 04:40 PM
who was headlining this one? does anyone know who is headlining the Winnipeg show cause im going to that one. I hope its Megadeth

Northern_Shaman
06-25-2009, 06:56 PM
who was headlining this one? does anyone know who is headlining the Winnipeg show cause im going to that one. I hope its Megadeth

Megadeth headlined this one. Slayer will be headlining in Winnipeg.

mankvill
06-25-2009, 06:59 PM

1. Disciple
2. War Ensemble
---

Angel of Death
South of Heaven
Raining Blood.

While it's completely predictable, I'd be hella happy with this set for Mayhem Fest. Especially Hell Awaits. :party:

maidenpriest
06-25-2009, 07:01 PM
dude rattlehead is freaking amazing. nice to see them bring back a classic song

Maidenmagic
06-26-2009, 05:42 AM
Now Dave needs to unleash looking down the cross.

eyekantspele
06-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Megdeth needs to play Rust In Peace!

jhdeity
06-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Now Dave needs to unleash looking down the cross.

That might be the coolest thing I've ever read on here.

andrew_metalhead
06-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Rattleheaaaaaaaaaaad!!! Rattle your goddamn Head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

And Headcrusher was fuckin awesome too!! I was fuckin there!!!! First ever performance of Headcrusher!!

mankvill
06-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Rattleheaaaaaaaaaaad!!! Rattle your goddamn Head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

And Headcrusher was fuckin awesome too!! I was fuckin there!!!! First ever performance of Headcrusher!!

I was wondering where you were. :lol:

Slayer set?

andrew_metalhead
06-26-2009, 03:01 PM
I was wondering where you were. :lol:

Slayer set?

No idea. I missed their show. I made it just in time to catch Megadeth's show.

PowerMaiden
06-26-2009, 05:19 PM
anybody's got a proper Slayer set ?

the one posted not in order looks amazing by the way

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Northern_Shaman
06-26-2009, 07:16 PM
No idea. I missed their show. I made it just in time to catch Megadeth's show.

Sucks man! Just curious, how do you rank GM place compared to other venues you've been in?

andrew_metalhead
06-26-2009, 11:55 PM
anybody's got a proper Slayer set ?
the one posted not in order looks amazing by the way

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

1. Disciple
2. War Ensemble
3. Jihad
4. Chemical Warfare
5. Ghosts Of War
6. Psychopathy Red
7. Live Undead
8. Dead Skin Mask
9. Hell Awaits
10. Mandatory Suicide
11. Angel Of Death
- - - - - - - - - - -
12. South Of Heaven
13. Raining Blood

andrew_metalhead
06-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Sucks man! Just curious, how do you rank GM place compared to other venues you've been in?

The crowd was a lot louder than any of the US crowds I've been to. Otherwise the venue wasn't much different to any of the other arenas I've been to. They undersold the floor apparently .. which surprised me. There was so much space that I could easily make it to the 2nd row even on entering the arena 5 minutes before Megadeth hit the stage.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-27-2009, 05:52 AM
1. Disciple
2. War Ensemble
3. Jihad
4. Chemical Warfare
5. Ghosts Of War
6. Psychopathy Red
7. Live Undead
8. Dead Skin Mask
9. Hell Awaits
10. Mandatory Suicide
11. Angel Of Death
- - - - - - - - - - -
12. South Of Heaven
13. Raining Blood

Damn, maybe I'm just whining, but it seems so short compared to their other sets when they were playing "Reign In Blood" in its entirety.

PowerMaiden
06-27-2009, 06:05 AM
1. Disciple
2. War Ensemble
3. Jihad
4. Chemical Warfare
5. Ghosts Of War
6. Psychopathy Red
7. Live Undead
8. Dead Skin Mask
9. Hell Awaits
10. Mandatory Suicide
11. Angel Of Death
- - - - - - - - - - -
12. South Of Heaven
13. Raining Blood

nice, thanks, could be better, but pretty nice !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

andrew_metalhead
06-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Damn, maybe I'm just whining, but it seems so short compared to their other sets when they were playing "Reign In Blood" in its entirety.

They did not headline the show.

Indestructible
06-27-2009, 08:00 AM

instead of reign in blood in its entirety they should do seasons in the abyss in its entirety. or play both albums.:rocker:

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-27-2009, 10:53 AM
They did not headline the show.

Oh really? I thought they were co-headlining the whole rig.

rjturtle9
06-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Oh really? I thought they were co-headlining the whole rig.

yup i thought each band was getting the same amount of time no matter who plays first or last

nxtVH90
06-28-2009, 05:30 PM
You lucky Canadians!!! That's a set i'd LOVE to see live.

SomewhereInTime72
06-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Rattlehead and She Wolf in the same set. Sounds awesome. The new song doesn't sound bad either. (That says nothing about the album since the first songs we heard off UA were generally bounds ahead of the rest of the album.)

edit: Sleepwalker as an opener sounds good to me, that and Kick The Chair... seems like Dave knows how to best represent the newer material. :D

edit2: If they're breaking out shit like Rattlehead they should also squeeze in something like The Conjuring too. :fist:

JRA
06-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Rattlehead and She Wolf in the same set. Sounds awesome. The new song doesn't sound bad either. (That says nothing about the album since the first songs we heard off UA were generally bounds ahead of the rest of the album.)

edit: Sleepwalker as an opener sounds good to me, that and Kick The Chair... seems like Dave knows how to best represent the newer material. :D

edit2: If they're breaking out shit like Rattlehead they should also squeeze in something like The Conjuring too. :fist:

Kick The Chair always sounded like a ripoff between Take No Prisoners and Hangar 18 to me.

And if the rumors are true, Dave will probably never bring back Conjuring because it deals with Satanism.

SomewhereInTime72
06-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Kick The Chair always sounded like a ripoff between Take No Prisoners and Hangar 18 to me.

And if the rumors are true, Dave will probably never bring back Conjuring because it deals with Satanism.

I don't really see the Hangar 18, but Take No Prisoners definitely... But that's part of what made that song so good to me, heheh.

That really sucks, that's like fucking half of PSBWB he'll never play again now. Can't he just suck it up, like Araya?

TonyD
06-28-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't really see the Hangar 18, but Take No Prisoners definitely... But that's part of what made that song so good to me, heheh.

That really sucks, that's like fucking half of PSBWB he'll never play again now. Can't he just suck it up, like Araya?

Then he would be called a hypocrite. You can't win.

SomewhereInTime72
06-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Then he would be called a hypocrite. You can't win.

:(

TonyD
06-28-2009, 07:58 PM
He can't win, rather. Araya still gets shit about it, but could you imagine if they stopped playing Hell Awaits or Jesus Saves?

JRA
06-28-2009, 08:10 PM
He can't win, rather. Araya still gets shit about it, but could you imagine if they stopped playing Hell Awaits or Jesus Saves?

True for the former, but it feels like the only time they play the latter is when they play Reign In Blood in its entirety.

rjturtle9
06-29-2009, 11:21 AM

u got to remember that reign in blood is only like 36 minutes long

SomewhereInTime72
06-29-2009, 12:01 PM
u got to remember that reign in blood is only like 36 minutes long

It's actually less than a half hour.

rjturtle9
06-29-2009, 12:59 PM
It's actually less than a half hour.

oh wow your right. i was looking at the reissue.