PDA

View Full Version : In Flames & Killswitch Engage Canada Tour

broncoz
06-20-2009, 09:08 PM
IN FLAMES and KILLSWITCH ENGAGE will team up for a co-headlining tour of Canada in Sepember. Support on the trek will come from PROTEST THE HERO and BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME.

The dates are as follows:

Sep. 08 - Montreal, QC - CEPSUM – University of Montreal
Sep. 09 - Toronto, ON - Arrow Hall
Sep. 11 - Thunder Bay, ON - Community Auditorium
Sep. 12 - Winnipeg, MB - Convention Centre
Sep. 13 - Saskatoon, SK - Prairieland
Sep. 14 - Calgary, AB - Big 4 Building at Calgary Stampede
Sep. 15 - Edmonton, AB - Shaw Conference Centre
Sep. 17 - Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum

Shit support bands. In flames has said they will tour America and Europe untill Christmas. I can't see them coming over here for only 10 days, so I'm guessing they will come to the USA right after this ... hopefully with better bands and main headliner not split.

HugeRockStar
06-20-2009, 10:40 PM
I know I said I'd wait to see the setlist before seeing In Flames again, but Montreal is the first night of the tour again. I still find it really hard to say no to an In Flames show lol. I'll be going but I'm dissapointed in the 'co-headlining' deal.

mastodon421
06-21-2009, 11:51 AM
i want this tour to come to America because i love all of those bands. Never seen In Flames before either and Between The Buried and Me slays live.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-21-2009, 01:12 PM
The openers are awful, and a metalcore band co-headlining with a founder of melodic death metal? What screams more fail, the fact that this is even happening or what In Flames' setlist is going to be?

broncoz
06-21-2009, 02:23 PM
The openers are awful, and a metalcore band co-headlining with a founder of melodic death metal? What screams more fail, the fact that this is even happening or what In Flames' setlist is going to be?

Lol, Well since its a co-headlining set In Flames will have just thier music vid songs and probably nothing off whoracle or colony except maybe 1 song, so thier set list is definitly going to be more fail.

I'm praying they come to the USA with a headlining spot and none of these shit supports. Could you imagine how terrible the crowd would be?

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Lol, Well since its a co-headlining set In Flames will have just thier music vid songs and probably nothing off whoracle or colony except maybe 1 song, so thier set list is definitly going to be more fail.

I'm praying they come to the USA with a headlining spot and none of these shit supports. Could you imagine how terrible the crowd would be?

As terrible as a Suicide Silence show.

I second your last comment too :D

Indestructible
06-21-2009, 05:41 PM
that would be a good show,why is every good show going to Canada and not here

mastodon421
06-22-2009, 06:58 AM
Between The Buried and Me and Killswitch Engage are not awful in any way shape or form. They are the wo of the best bands in the game right now.

Derelict
06-22-2009, 05:59 PM
What exactly is the different between in flames and a metalcore band at this point? A better back catalogue of ignored material?

Indestructible
06-22-2009, 06:06 PM
what is everyones problem with the past four in flames albums. the only thing that really changed is that they got more succsess.

Derelict
06-23-2009, 05:49 AM
what is everyones problem with the past four in flames albums. the only thing that really changed is that they got more succsess.

the main problem is that they are garbage albums

Indestructible
06-23-2009, 02:41 PM
the main problem is that they are garbage albums

why because now they are well known they suck

i really dont here much change in them. the riffs the vocals have been the same since whoracle

Indestructible
06-23-2009, 03:04 PM
in flames is better than killswitch

i think thats one thing people on here actually agree with me on

Derelict
06-23-2009, 04:04 PM
First time I saw in flames live was in 1999. The most recent (and final) was Wacken 07. It's not even debateable that this is a completely different band.

broncoz
06-23-2009, 04:04 PM
why because now they are well known they suck

i really dont here much change in them. the riffs the vocals have been the same since whoracle

The riffs and vocals are not nearly the same since whoracle.

Every song now is the same fashion, and jesper has even said it has that pop structure of 2 verses, a catchy chorus, a bridge, solo, end. The riffs are nothing like they used to be. Do you think the chosen pessimist would be on whoracle?

And to say the vocals have been the same is just ridiculous. Dear god listen to a song like morphing into primal and tell me it sounds like the piercing screams in songs on CC and ASOP. Growls have been replaced with screams and attempts at clean singing, clean singing nothing like that on clayman. And going along these lines we have the lyrical genious on albums like clayman compared to this crap on ASOP with the famous "i feel like shit, but at least i feel something".

I can still listen to the new stuff, but if you can't see much change something is wrong with you.:eyes: nothing personal.

anyways, they said more tour dates for north america will be announced soon, so they are prolly finding support bands.

Derelict
06-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Also, whoever told Anders that his clean vocals were passable should be executed.

Indestructible
06-23-2009, 04:29 PM
o my god he doesnt growl anymore my world has just fallen into a nightmare less and screams now. the music hasnt had much change. give me shit if you want but soundtrack is up their with clayman and colony

Indestructible
06-23-2009, 04:31 PM
The riffs and vocals are not nearly the same since whoracle.

Every song now is the same fashion, and jesper has even said it has that pop structure of 2 verses, a catchy chorus, a bridge, solo, end. The riffs are nothing like they used to be. Do you think the chosen pessimist would be on whoracle?

And to say the vocals have been the same is just ridiculous. Dear god listen to a song like morphing into primal and tell me it sounds like the piercing screams in songs on CC and ASOP. Growls have been replaced with screams and attempts at clean singing, clean singing nothing like that on clayman. And going along these lines we have the lyrical genious on albums like clayman compared to this crap on ASOP with the famous "i feel like shit, but at least i feel something".

I can still listen to the new stuff, but if you can't see much change something is wrong with you.:eyes: nothing personal.

anyways, they said more tour dates for north america will be announced soon, so they are prolly finding support bands.

they changed on a sense of purpose that album isnt that good

JuuKun
06-23-2009, 05:21 PM

I tried typing up my own post, but realized that all I was doing was echoing this statement.

So I figured I might as well just quote it instead.

mastodon421
06-24-2009, 05:43 AM
I liked Come Clarity but A Sense Of Purpose was pretty weak. I will agree though they have seriously declined from their earlier material. btw Killswitch owns the new In Flames.

Indestructible
06-24-2009, 06:08 AM
since clayman the only diffrence i hear is they are more wellknown and i can understand the screaming better

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-24-2009, 08:23 AM
since clayman the only diffrence i hear is they are more wellknown and i can understand the screaming better

How the hell do you not hear the difference? The only decent record they have released since Clayman is Come Clarity, and even then half of the record is weak. Soundtrack has terrible songs on it, maybe 1/4 of the record is any good, while Whoracle and Jester Race have no weak tracks whatsoever.

It just doesn't compute in my head how you can't hear a difference, the new shit is garbage and the old stuff is not!

Indestructible
06-24-2009, 08:47 AM
there are people that like only bands that are popular and

there are people that start hating bands when they become popular thats proboly what happen to alot of in flames fans

Derelict
06-24-2009, 08:52 AM
there are people that like only bands that are popular and

there are people that start hating bands when they become popular thats proboly what happen to alot of in flames fans

Not really...Opeth is alot more popular than when I first started seeing them in 2001, yet i still go see them everytime.

When I saw in flames on SOTU (2006 i think), I asked Jesper if they were going to do anything from Whoracle, he gave me a real dirty look and ignored me. That says it all.

Indestructible
06-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Not really...Opeth is alot more popular than when I first started seeing them in 2001, yet i still go see them everytime.

When I saw in flames on SOTU (2006 i think), I asked Jesper if they were going to do anything from Whoracle, he gave me a real dirty look and ignored me. That says it all.

im not saying everyone is like that.

they must have a problem with whoracle for some reason. they shouldnt be tired of playing old songs because recent sets ive seen they havent done many old ones

i do agree the old in flames is better than the new but i like it all except the new album

Derelict
06-24-2009, 08:57 AM
im not saying everyone is like that.

they must have a problem with whoracle for some reason. they shouldnt be tired of playing old songs because recent sets ive seen they havent done many old ones

i do agree the old in flames is better than the new but i like it all except the new album

They completely ignore almost all of their material prior to Reroute to Remain (which, I admit, is probably my top guilty pleasure album). The fact that they actually did a couple of songs when I saw them overseas at Wacken, but won't play them in the US, i think says something about them as a band.

Indestructible
06-24-2009, 09:01 AM
They completely ignore almost all of their material prior to Reroute to Remain (which, I admit, is probably my top guilty pleasure album). The fact that they actually did a couple of songs when I saw them overseas at Wacken, but won't play them in the US, i think says something about them as a band.

i would be fine with them play alot of new stuff. but they put to much of the new album in

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-24-2009, 09:12 AM
i would be fine with them play alot of new stuff. they put alot of the new album in.

Well their old stuff are lightyears ahead of their new stuff (in most fans' eyes). Their new material is most definately weaker than their previous releases, and they NEED to start looking at their pre-Reroute discography.

Indestructible
06-24-2009, 09:36 AM
it seems like they do good sets when they arent touring the us they do alot of new stuff but they atleast throw in 3-4 old songs. and when they come to the U.S the sets arent that good.

Indestructible
06-24-2009, 09:36 AM
and they NEED to start looking at their pre-Reroute discography.

agreed. then the sets might be better and the next album might be better than a sense of purpose

Indestructible
06-24-2009, 11:12 AM
i might react diffrent cause i heard the new in flames albums first(reroute in 05 first song i heard was cloud connected) and liked it not knowing anything about their old stuff. liked the old stuff better then knew but still liked everything.

nxtVH90
07-04-2009, 09:51 PM
In Flames and Killswitch i would definately enjoy seeing. but the openers are crap.

Butcher of Birth
07-04-2009, 11:29 PM
...nothing off whoracle or colony except maybe 1 song, so thier set list is definitly going to be more fail.

So we are looking for Man Made God right? hehe Love that song :rocker:

Needs to be in there somewhere one day haha

maidenpriest
07-05-2009, 12:18 AM
i have to agree with most ppl, in flames old stuff is absolutely amazing. jotun was the first song i heard from them.the stuff on reroute and after are ok, but def not as good as the old stuff. and i was real disappointed on their US tour we didnt even get one song off colony it was pathetic...