PDA

View Full Version : Machine Head -- Marseille, France -- June 17th, 2009

mikepolar
06-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Setlist:
This was a headlining (sold out) offdate in marseille, pretty crazy night. I had to fight to hold on to my barrier spot right in front of Robb.

Imperium
Ten ton hammer
Beautiful morning
Elegy (first time live)
Bulldozer
Slanderous
Seasons Wither :rocker:
The burning red :light:
Halo
Struck a Nerve :horns:

Encore:

Descend the shades of night
Davidian

Also, this was MH's second headlining show in over a year so they played somewhat of a different set. This was the very first time Elegy was played live.
They hadn't played here in Marseille in over 12 years so people were glad to have them back.
This was the first time I'd seen them headline.Last time I saw them was opening for Metallica in Paris.

kevindeets
06-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Awesome set. I am jealous.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Damn dude, you got Slanderous and Ten Ton Hammer? I can't lie, I'm really jealous. Slanderous is one of my favorite tracks off The Blackening, and they haven't played Ten Ton Hammer for so long!

Hope they come here and do a headlining tour soon.

Indestructible
06-20-2009, 10:09 AM
good set.there should be a little more from the blackening. and i thought they band would just act like the burning red and supercharger never exsisted.

I saw them on mayhem last year it was great right up front and the feild was a mosh pit the whole time. best band that was on mayhem08

300%_Density
06-20-2009, 01:11 PM
It is really nice to see them finally change it up a little. I figure by this point anyone that has got to see MH on the "Blackening" tour cycle has pretty much heard them do a bunch of songs of the Blackening so atleast they are doing stuff off Supercharger & The Burning Red even though those were far from the best albums atleast it's a little something different. Plus they probably enjoy playing something a little different at this point anyway.

TonyD
06-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Hm. This wasn't what I thought they had in mind when they said they were going to pull out a bunch of gems.

Sanitarium78
06-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Would love to see these guys headline. Especially if i get to hear them do Descend The Shades Of Night:horns:

andrew_metalhead
06-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Seeing them open for Slayer and Megadeth. Gonna be fuckin awesome :rocker:

Leviathan
06-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Better then usual. But what is with the neglect towards Burn My Eyes their best album.

mikepolar
06-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Better then usual. But what is with the neglect towards Burn My Eyes their best album.

Yeah I was hoping they could at least squeeze in 'Old', 'Block' or 'None but my own'.
Anyway Seasons wither and struck a nerve totally kicked ass

TonyD
06-21-2009, 04:36 PM

Exactly. If I had my way it would be all Burn My Eyes and Blackening material, with Imperium squeezed in.

Sanitarium78
06-21-2009, 05:32 PM
I love Imperium but i'm surprised they're still not opening with Clenching The Fists of Disscent. When i saw them on Mayhem fest last year it kicked fucking ass as the opener. Even though The Blackening has been out for two years i don't think they've done a headling US tour for it yet have they? But if they do that it'll still be another 2 or 3 years before a new album:mad:

Blacktooth85
06-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I hope they do one last US headlining tour before they start writing new stuff. I would like to see them throw in Wolves. I don't think they've played that live ever. Badass song!

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2009, 07:55 PM
I hope they do one last US headlining tour before they start writing new stuff. I would like to see them throw in Wolves. I don't think they've played that live ever. Badass song!

I think they're doing a one-off headliner in Spokane tomorrow. And the Mayhem festival starting July 10th is supposed to be their headlining tour this year I guess.

Sanitarium78
06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
They're on Mayhem fest this year? When did that happen?

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM
I think they're doing a one-off headliner in Spokane tomorrow. And the Mayhem festival starting July 10th is supposed to be their headlining tour this year I guess.

They're not on Mayhem dude.

TonyD
06-21-2009, 08:30 PM

It has never been played live and I hope it stays that way because I hate that song.

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2009, 08:33 PM
They're on Mayhem fest this year? When did that happen?

oh i'm really sorry. I was talking about Slayer .. not Machine Head .. wrong thread I guess :lol:

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-21-2009, 08:35 PM
oh i'm really sorry. I was talking about Slayer .. not Machine Head .. wrong thread I guess :lol:

Fair game :lol:

Sanitarium78
06-21-2009, 08:37 PM

That's Ok i thought that maybe they changed the lineup or something. Adding them would be cool though. With the exception of Slayer and Killswitch I don't think this years mayhem fest has much worth seeing

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-21-2009, 08:39 PM
That's Ok i thought that maybe they changed the lineup or something. Adding them would be cool though. With the exception of Slayer and Killswitch I don't think this years mayhem fest has much worth seeing

:eek::eek::eek:

Cannibal Corpse? Behemoth?

And call me crazy, but I like them, Trivium?

Sanitarium78
06-21-2009, 08:43 PM

Sorry i don't like any of those bands. Even though Cannibal Corpse is from my hometown is just never got into them or death metal at all. There were just more bands on last years bill i liked. I think they took a big step down in their selections this year. I mean are people really intrested in seeing Manson anymore?

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2009, 08:59 PM

yeah. I'm not even a killswitch fan. And as I'll see Slayer with Megadeth and Machine Head anyway, I'm still looking to sell my Mayhem fest ticket :eyes:

TonyD
06-21-2009, 11:25 PM
yeah. I'm not even a killswitch fan. And as I'll see Slayer with Megadeth and Machine Head anyway, I'm still looking to sell my Mayhem fest ticket :eyes:

Craiglist that sonofabitch.

andrew_metalhead
06-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Craiglist that sonofabitch.

i did that long back. no one replied :|

mankvill
06-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Page 3 of this thread makes me laffo.

AnthG
06-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Good to see the setlist change a bit. For a while they were basically playing this:

Clenching the Fists of Dissent
Imperium
some combination of of Old/Ten Ton Hammer/Hallowed be thy Name
Aesthetics of Hate
Halo
Davidian

Luckily I saw them on Mayhem last year with that sort of setlist, so if they do a North American tour (which they've already said they're going to do in late 2009), that they mix up the setlist.

Indestructible
06-23-2009, 06:33 AM

i would like them if i could understand what they were saying. i tried to get into cannibal corpse but i couldnt stand the growling

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-23-2009, 07:31 AM
i would like them if i could understand what they were saying. i tried to get into cannibal corpse but i couldnt stand the growling

And what about the music...:eyes:

mikepolar
06-23-2009, 07:38 AM

Actually they played it live for the first time a couple weeks ago in Luxemburg.They had a similar setlist to the one I got in marseille.

Blacktooth85
06-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Actually they played it live for the first time a couple weeks ago in Luxemburg.They had a similar setlist to the one I got in marseille.

Awesome!! I just seen it on youtube. They also played Blood of the Zodiac that night for the 1st time too.