PDA

View Full Version : Lamb of God main support for Metallica for Sept-November shows

andrew_metalhead
06-19-2009, 12:42 PM
This from the LoG fan club :

Chris Adler : "We will be main support on the Metallica tour of the US from September 14-end of November. We will be doing a considerable amount of headline shows throughout this tour as well. This will be our final US tour of 2009. We will be traveling the rest of the world until at least June of 2010."

mankvill
06-19-2009, 01:12 PM
:hmm:

andrew_metalhead
06-19-2009, 01:17 PM
But it says Sept-Nov .. so i'm not sure if I'll be getting to see them at my Vegas show on December 5th. Well I've seen LoG four times in the past 7 months already so wouldn't mind seeing some other band whom I haven't seen, may be Down or Anthrax.

JRA
06-19-2009, 01:25 PM
The question at hand: is this an upgrade or a downgrade from The Sword and Machine Head?

I'm gonna say a slight upgrade.

andrew_metalhead
06-19-2009, 01:27 PM
The question here is, is this an upgrade or a downgrade from the Sword and Machine Head?

The opening act hasn't been announced yet. LoG are the main support. I'm sure they'll be one more band opening the show before them.

DethMaiden
06-19-2009, 07:51 PM
And I am no longer the least bit sad for missing the Indianapolis show.

andrew_metalhead
06-19-2009, 07:53 PM
And I am no longer the least bit sad for missing the Indianapolis show.

You're not sad just because you don't like the support band? wow dude :tongue:

DethMaiden
06-19-2009, 07:54 PM
You're not sad just because you don't like the support band? wow dude :tongue:

Well, I was debating on whether to go or not anyway because I don't like how Jaymz sings the 80s stuff nowadays, and ultimately decided against going because it was so expensive. If they announced that the opener was, say, Mastodon, I'd be pissed. But Lamb of God are one of my least favorite bands on earth, so this just pushes the decision into "GREAT DECISION!" range.

andrew_metalhead
06-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Well, I was debating on whether to go or not anyway because I don't like how Jaymz sings the 80s stuff nowadays, and ultimately decided against going because it was so expensive. If they announced that the opener was, say, Mastodon, I'd be pissed. But Lamb of God are one of my least favorite bands on earth, so this just pushes the decision into "GREAT DECISION!" range.

I understand.

mankvill
06-19-2009, 08:31 PM

Have you seen them live before?

andrew_metalhead
06-19-2009, 08:32 PM

Fuck yeah dude LoG is awesome live :party::party:

overkiller
06-19-2009, 08:38 PM

Fukk yah dude i loev seeing that neanderthal stomp around stage telling me about how much azz he can kick YEEEEEEEA

andrew_metalhead
06-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Fukk yah dude i loev seeing that neanderthal stomp around stage telling me about how much azz he can kick YEEEEEEEA

to each his own :finger2:

mankvill
06-19-2009, 08:55 PM

I meant Metallica. :lol:

andrew_metalhead
06-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I meant Metallica. :lol:

They are awesome too. May be not as awesome as in the 80s, but its not my fault that I didn't get to see them at that time, and it won't stop me from seeing them now whenever they play a show near me. IMO seeing them play at 60-70% of their best; is better than not seeing them at all.

Indestructible
06-19-2009, 09:05 PM
will log be opening on nov 10th then

andrew_metalhead
06-19-2009, 09:07 PM
will log be opening on nov 10th then
yes

overkiller
06-19-2009, 10:19 PM
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1500000/LOG-ren-and-stimpy-1552749-500-400.jpg

powerslave_85
06-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Every time someone mentions them, I think of The Simpsons: "My name is Agnes and you know it's Agnes! It means lamb! Lamb of God!"

DethMaiden
06-19-2009, 10:30 PM

Yes, Gigantour 2006. I was literally angry the entire time because they played a full set, making Megadeth and Opeth lose a song each despite the venue curfew. Also, Randy Blythe's pimp-rollin' douchebag attitude made them intolerable to my eyes as well as my ears.

EDIT: Metallica? No. Someday I hope. I need to see them and Slayer before they hang it up, so I'll be seeing both in "farewell tour" situations most likely.

mankvill
06-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Yes, Gigantour 2006. I was literally angry the entire time because they played a full set, making Megadeth and Opeth lose a song each despite the venue curfew. Also, Randy Blythe's pimp-rollin' douchebag attitude made them intolerable to my eyes as well as my ears.

EDIT: Metallica? No. Someday I hope. I need to see them and Slayer before they hang it up, so I'll be seeing both in "farewell tour" situations most likely.

I'd go ahead and tell you to see them on this tour if you'd like. I only started listening to them in summer-ish of last year and I saw them in October and while it wasn't god-like, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm really glad I went. You should go too! Although...yeah...LoG sucks. D:

mastodon421
06-20-2009, 07:05 AM
Awesome! wish this was coming to MA.

gabo03
06-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Nice

JRA
06-20-2009, 02:34 PM
You know, I feel like sharing a little honesty with the group.

Back in 2004, when I first heard of Lamb Of God, I thought the music was ok, but I hated the vocals. The reason for this is I was going through a phase where I absolutely abhorred any type of growling singing. Pretty much every band except for a power metal band (and even some of them were doing) was doing some type of a-melodic vocals, and having been raised on a diet of bands with vocalists who actually sing, that annoyed the shit out of me.

Siderant: It feels like bands have split off in two directions; a) bands with riffs who can't sing, or bands who have great singers but no riffage what so ever. The way it used to be was you had to have both. That's what the NWOBHM movement was all about. But modern bands are like "Whoop, we can't do that, it's been done already, let's split in those two directions and see where that goes, yuk yuk."

So yea, I hated vocalists who couldn't sing. Then my metal sheep mentality informed me that required metal listening was Exodus's "Bonded By Blood."

Paul Baloff, for my money, was where the aggressive style of metal vocals started. He was Phil Anselmo before Phil Anselmo. I'd also be willing to bet my house that his stage presence and attitude is where the whole "Metal rules, if you don't like it, die" & "hardcore for life" mish-mash really started popping up in metal. But I don't think I've ever heard any modern metal vocalist sound quite like Paul does, so luckily he (and consequently Exodus) have managed to age well in the metal community. In short, while I still detest the lack of singing in modern metal, that doesn't mean I will exclude bands who do it from my music collection. Hell if I did, I probably wouldn't listen to Mastodon, Children Of Bodom, Carcass, Death, or Bathory, to name a few.

So now, the one reason that I didn't want to listen to Lamb Of God has been thrown out the window, yet I still don't listen to them. Why? Well apparently the True Metal Police look down on it, citing that Randy Blythe's attitude is that of a frat boy ape.

You know, from what I can remember seeing them live, I don't think that could be further from the truth. All he did was say how people were tired of Britney Spears and give shout outs to all the heavy bands that came out of England. This was in 2006 mind you. So in regards to the former, all I can think of was "People are tired of Britney Spears? No shit sherlock, get with the times!" But I can't really remember him going "jump the fuck up, back the fuck up or shut the fuck up!" I don't read a whole lot of interviews from the guy either, so I wouldn't know.

So will I buy a Lamb Of God album after coming to this conclusion? Probably that before Death Magnetic. :tongue:

I hope you have enjoyed this stream of consciousness rambling.

ADD
06-20-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't listen to Lamb of God because when I hear a song of theirs my reaction is to turn it off immediately because it doesn't sound good.

Indestructible
06-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Randy can actually growl good unlike alot of others.

Indestructible
06-20-2009, 07:43 PM
yes

good

overkiller
06-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Randy can actually growl good unlike alot of others.

ya he gud