We all are :D

rjturtle9
06-17-2009, 06:19 PM
We all are :D

i'm not. i love hearing that song live. that's just me i guess

andrew_metalhead
06-17-2009, 06:21 PM
i'm not. i love hearing that song live. that's just me i guess

yea dude I liked it the first time .. that is all. I've heard it live 4 times already. More than enough :lol: They can easily replace it with Fade to Black. I can't even believe that they've played the song only ONCE in 25 European shows this year.

rjturtle9
06-17-2009, 06:28 PM
yea dude I liked it the first time .. that is all. I've heard it live 4 times already. More than enough :lol: They can easily replace it with Fade to Black. I can't even believe that they've played the song only ONCE in 25 European shows this year.

i've heard it 3 times and i can honestly say it it awesome every time. but fade to black would be much better.

andrew_metalhead
06-17-2009, 06:30 PM
but fade to black would be much better.

there you go :horns:

eyekantspele
06-17-2009, 10:59 PM
i like how theres no Load or Reload stuff on this set

Metal Maggo
06-18-2009, 06:25 AM
I would love to hear Disposable Heroes and Ride the Lightning more often!

ravenheart
06-18-2009, 08:26 AM
That's almost the exact same set I saw in London in March. Although I don't think we got Harvester...

I hope they do something different at the five Copenhagen shows.

metalmilitia54
06-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah I agree with people on dropping Nothing Else Matters. Replace it with a more classic song, like Fade To Black, make Sanitarium a fixture, etc.

Indestructible
06-18-2009, 11:49 AM
i like how theres no Load or Reload stuff on this set

if they do anything off load it should be hero of the day.
i have never gotten threw that album something doesnt want me to

mankvill
06-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeah I agree with people on dropping Nothing Else Matters. Replace it with a more classic song, like Fade To Black, make Sanitarium a fixture, etc.

It'll never, ever happen. Nothing Else Matters is their 2nd most popular song, right behind Enter Sandman.

Sanitarium78
06-18-2009, 01:28 PM
It'll never, ever happen. Nothing Else Matters is their 2nd most popular song, right behind Enter Sandman.

In terms of people who know little to nothing about Metallica it is. I can't really imagine people going to a Metallica show for that song. If they are then they really need to brush up on their catalog. I understand why they always put it in that spot becuase usually it's following Fight Fire With Fire, Damage Inc, Dyers Eve or something fast and they may want to slow it down for a minute to get a break from the faster song that just came before it. But Fade to Black or Sanitarium would also fill that spot the same way. I'm guessing those two get a much better reaction when played than Nothing Else Matters does. At least the times i've seen them live they always did.

mankvill
06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
In terms of people who know little to nothing about Metallica it is. I can't really imagine people going to a Metallica show for that song. If they are then they really need to brush up on their catalog. I understand why they always put it in that spot becuase usually it's following Fight Fire With Fire, Damage Inc, Dyers Eve or something fast and they may want to slow it down for a minute to get a break from the faster song that just came before it. But Fade to Black or Sanitarium would also fill that spot the same way. I'm guessing those two get a much better reaction when played than Nothing Else Matters does. At least the times i've seen them live they always did.

In my thinking, Nothing Else Matters is like Metallica's Fear of the Dark. It's not just about the song, but the crowd participation. When I saw them, the crowd sang most of the song.

dan12con
06-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Why do they still play "Turn The Page"?

makethemsuffer12
06-18-2009, 04:52 PM
^ Cuz it's a good fuckin' song.

Sanitarium78
06-18-2009, 06:50 PM
In my thinking, Nothing Else Matters is like Metallica's Fear of the Dark. It's not just about the song, but the crowd participation. When I saw them, the crowd sang most of the song.

I haven't seen them since 2004 so maybe they've changed it since then but it deffinately wasn't like that the 5 times i've seen them live. There isn't a song out there like the live version of Fear Of The Dark. It's the best sing along song i've ever heard live. It's one thing to let the crowd sing the lyrics but it's another when they sing along with the riffs in the song to. Nothing beats that.

If they put Fade to Black in it's spot the crowd couldn't take over the vocals for that as well? I honestly would have no problem with Nothing Else Matters if some regular rock band did it but it's Metallica and i don't wanna hear love songs from them.

andrew_metalhead
06-18-2009, 08:49 PM
I haven't seen them since 2004 so maybe they've changed it since then but it deffinately wasn't like that the 5 times i've seen them live. There isn't a song out there like the live version of Fear Of The Dark. It's the best sing along song i've ever heard live. It's one thing to let the crowd sing the lyrics but it's another when they sing along with the riffs in the song to. Nothing beats that.

If they put Fade to Black in it's spot the crowd couldn't take over the vocals for that as well? I honestly would have no problem with Nothing Else Matters if some regular rock band did it but it's Metallica and i don't wanna hear love songs from them.

Very well said :metal:
FOTD owns NEM any day. And yea I never heard too many people sing NEM in any of the shows in which I saw that song. :lol:
But everyone sings FOTD :rocker:
Dude even Metallica tribute bands have ditched that song (you could look at any of Damage Inc's setlists). Its high time Metallica did it too! :D

mankvill
06-18-2009, 08:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQCC2gb0V-Q

wat

andrew_metalhead
06-18-2009, 09:02 PM

wat

Thats Europe. They sing along for every song. :tongue:

Compare.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKySo4iiMN4
I was at this show.

mankvill
06-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Thats Europe. They sing along for every song. :tongue:

Compare.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKySo4iiMN4
I was at this show.

I downloaded the show on my date, and you can really hear 'em there. :D

andrew_metalhead
06-18-2009, 09:24 PM
I downloaded the show on my date, and you can really hear 'em there. :D

oh cool .. u had a better crowd then.

one thing I also hate is the slot they've given for NEM. Number 14. Thats right after the fastest song of the set which is always at number 13. That kills the whole energy of the show dude! On December 17th they played Damage Inc and then NEM. On 18th Fight Fire and then NEM!! If you ask me, thats like telling the headbangers to stop their fuckin headbanging and shooing away all the moshers!! "NO. We don't want this in our show! So we'll play NEM!!'

mankvill
06-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Well, they gotta throw in their 2 most popular songs somehow. :)

andrew_metalhead
06-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Well, they gotta throw in their 2 most popular songs somehow. :)

Yea thats right too. I do understand. I usually don't bitch about any song or any setlist. And I see a LOT of bands. This is just about the only song I would ever complain about. But its ok.. the other great songs in the setlist easily outweigh one gay song.

ravenheart
06-19-2009, 02:01 AM
^ Cuz it's a good fuckin' song.

Amen. Loved it in London in March.

rjturtle9
06-19-2009, 02:52 PM
one thing I also hate is the slot they've given for NEM. Number 14. Thats right after the fastest song of the set which is always at number 13. That kills the whole energy of the show dude! On December 17th they played Damage Inc and then NEM. On 18th Fight Fire and then NEM!! If you ask me, thats like telling the headbangers to stop their fuckin headbanging and shooing away all the moshers!! "NO. We don't want this in our show! So we'll play NEM!!'

that's my only complaint about this song. but other than that, all 3 times i have seen them the crowd sang along with james for the whole song. i like nothing else matters in the set, but it will never be fear of the dark :D

Sanitarium78
06-19-2009, 07:46 PM

wat

I would click on the link but unfortunately I just can't bring myself to listen to the song anymore. Whenever i've seen them do it live I completely zone out and don't even pay attention to it.