Second Encore

22. I Started a Joke
23. Pristina

Derelict
06-10-2009, 06:14 PM
AWESOME. This really needs US dates

Sanitarium78
06-10-2009, 06:24 PM
That's a very good set from them. Nice to see that it's long as well. Wasn't expecting that since they haven't played together in so long. A lot of bands now don't even play close to 23 songs in a headlining set anymore so it's good to see

I'm just hopeing they'll come to the US and maybe play all of Angel Dust in their set

ijwthstd
06-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Track 7 is Chinese Arithmetic, figured that out watching the You Tube clip titled RnR from the show.

metal01
06-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Did they ever record Reunited?

jhdeity
06-11-2009, 05:09 AM
WOW! This just made my day!

mastodon421
06-11-2009, 07:56 AM
That is an AMAZING setlist. they need to come to the US and play.

jhdeity
06-11-2009, 09:01 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/ijwthstd

Dude, your 1991 shows brought back some great memories for me. LSD was a HUGE Hammerjacks band. Hammers was the east coast version of the Whiskey and I remember hearing Fuckin' Shitass there many a time. I still reference the chorus to Tank in my daily life sometimes. I'm surprised they didn't play that song at either show you have listed. That song was HUGE around here back then.

I'm going home and digging that cd out. I forgot Jawahol Asshole and those other songs. That's a great cd that will probably sound just as good today.

The Mentors setlist is MONEY! One of the few bands I never got to see live. They were supposed to play with GG Allin and I think they were afraid. hahaha

EchoesOfDecimation
06-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Awesome to see what at least to me are some surprises like Land Of Sunshine, Cuckoo For Caca and Easy. I don't know If I'm being greedy but I think they should have thrown in Get Out, Ricochet, Zombie Eaters and maybe Ashes To Ashes.

Sanitarium78
06-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Awesome to see what at least to me are some surprises like Land Of Sunshine, Cuckoo For Caca and Easy. I don't know If I'm being greedy but I think they should have thrown in Get Out, Ricochet, Zombie Eaters and maybe Ashes To Ashes.

I think they'll eventually get those songs in the set and hopefully a few more from Angel Dust. This was their first show in over ten years so i'm sure they just played what sounded good in the rehearsals. Other songs will be played they just might be a little rusty at them right now

MetalTraveller
06-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeeeeeees!

I'm so glad they're back!

derangedperson
06-11-2009, 11:24 PM
WOW.

If they come to the States and use that same setlist, my head'll explode from the awesomeness.

NedZep
06-12-2009, 04:23 AM
Reunited--Peaches and Herb cover
The Real Thing
From Out of Nowhere
Land of Sunshine
Caffeine
Evidence
Chinese Arithmetic
Surprise! You're Dead
Easy
Last Cup of Sorrow
Midlife Crisis
Cuckoo for Caca
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
RV
King for a Day
Malpractice (shortened)
Jizzlobber
Be Aggressive
Epic
Mark Bowen
First Encore
Stripsearch
Just a Man
Second Encore
Chariots of Fire
I Started a Joke
Pristina

Previous post excluded Mark Bowen..

I was there, and the show was AMAZING! Can't tell that they've been 'away' for 11+ years. Music is tight, and Patton's vocals are just as good as ever.. Being from the US, it was a rare opportunity to see FNM @ such a legendary club. Hopefully they'll find a way to make some US dates happen..

jhdeity
06-12-2009, 05:30 AM
I was going through a bunch of my FNM bootlegs yesterday and I think they've never played the same setlist twice. One of the best live bands I've seen and bands today could learn a lot from them and their setlists.

jhdeity
06-12-2009, 08:59 AM

Couldn't agree more. I just listened to Angel Dust and I didn't get it at all back then and I barely get it now. RV is probably my least favorite FNM song. It's a song they play virtually every show and is like a joke I don't get. Malpractice is similar but not as bad. I like other songs on that cd but don't get why those were always live staples. I'd take Crack Hitler over those 2 any day.

On the other hand I like ever song on King for a Day and Album of the Year. Ugly in the Morning is one of my favorite songs and Ashes to Ashes would have been HUGE had it been on Angel Dust.

I'm wondering is the band had listened to Jim Martin how different things would have turned out. He told them Angel Dust was too "out there" and he was probably right. I didn't know Jizzlobber was the only song he contributed on but it makes sense now since it's so riff heavy.

I'm listening to King for a Day now and it's better now than it was then. Probably one of the 20 best albums of all time.

Blacktooth85
06-12-2009, 10:19 AM
I hope they come to the states. I'm suprised the didn't play Falling To Pieces. I would like to see The Perfect Crime thrown in, from the Bill and Ted soundtrack. That's one of their best songs i think.

jhdeity
06-13-2009, 06:55 AM
I hope they come to the states. I'm suprised the didn't play Falling To Pieces. I would like to see The Perfect Crime thrown in, from the Bill and Ted soundtrack. That's one of their best songs i think.

Word. Glad to see they played Ashes to Ashes last night