PDA

View Full Version : Everyone dropped outta Blackenedfest

Wizzbang11
06-09-2009, 09:05 PM
All the bands did. And Marduk are still caught up with visas.
Now it's just Mayhem...some fest...

mankvill
06-09-2009, 09:09 PM

:confused:

Wizzbang11
06-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Apparently they "can't discuss it at this time"
I'm betting its some dispute with Mayhem.

"Cattle Decapitation, Cephalic Carnage AND Withered have pulled out of the remaining dates of the BlackenedFest tour. We are not currently at liberty to discuss the matter, but we can tell you... WE GOT MERCH!!! Get it while it lasts!!!"

mankvill
06-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Really weird. I dunno what "dispute" there'd be over Mayhem. I bet it has to do with the promoters.

Wizzbang11
06-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Well I know Cattle said they'd drop if Mayhem used meat in their act, and apparently they do. If that's the reason I dont know why it took so long.

mankvill
06-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Well I know Cattle said they'd drop if Mayhem used meat in their act, and apparently they do. If that's the reason I dont know why it took so long.

That is SUCH bullshit. Yes, Cattle Decapitation are vegan's, but they would NEVER do that. I know for a fact, because Travis has stated in a million interviews that he hates when people label them "that vegan band" because he stresses that it's not important. To drop out because of Mayhem using meat in their act would completely undo everything he's said.

Wizzbang11
06-09-2009, 10:00 PM
That is SUCH bullshit. Yes, Cattle Decapitation are vegan's, but they would NEVER do that. I know for a fact, because Travis has stated in a million interviews that he hates when people label them "that vegan band" because he stresses that it's not important. To drop out because of Mayhem using meat in their act would completely undo everything he's said.

Quote from Travis:
"Marduk has NEVER done that shit to my knowledge and the only dude in Mayhem that did was Maniac and he's not in the band anymore. Seriously. Some other dumbass just blasted us on my space about it and he couldn't be more ignorant. We toured 3 times with Glen Benton and nobody ever mentioned the whole "shooting the squirrel in the garden during the interview" stuff. What happened there? BELLS AND WHISTLES, MUCH?

For the record, I made sure that they are not doing that shit anymore. Attila Csithar is back doing vocals. If we show up and there are pig heads and all that nonsense I will be leaving the tour. I say "I" because I cannot speak for anyone else. But I wouldn't tolerate that stuff and would not be caught dead opening for something like that.

Also, people need to realize that its not like we're sitting at home begging to be on tours, let alone picking and choosing them. We get thrown ideas/tours if it sounds good, we do it. THE ABSOLUTE FIRST THING I SAID was "hell no. They buy pig heads and blood at local markets and shit and throw it at the crowd." I was promised that they don't do that anymore. "
http://www.smnnews.com/board//showthread.php?t=200539

Div
06-09-2009, 10:45 PM
See, this is why nobody likes vegans

mankvill
06-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Quote from Travis:
"Marduk has NEVER done that shit to my knowledge and the only dude in Mayhem that did was Maniac and he's not in the band anymore. Seriously. Some other dumbass just blasted us on my space about it and he couldn't be more ignorant. We toured 3 times with Glen Benton and nobody ever mentioned the whole "shooting the squirrel in the garden during the interview" stuff. What happened there? BELLS AND WHISTLES, MUCH?

For the record, I made sure that they are not doing that shit anymore. Attila Csithar is back doing vocals. If we show up and there are pig heads and all that nonsense I will be leaving the tour. I say "I" because I cannot speak for anyone else. But I wouldn't tolerate that stuff and would not be caught dead opening for something like that.

Also, people need to realize that its not like we're sitting at home begging to be on tours, let alone picking and choosing them. We get thrown ideas/tours if it sounds good, we do it. THE ABSOLUTE FIRST THING I SAID was "hell no. They buy pig heads and blood at local markets and shit and throw it at the crowd." I was promised that they don't do that anymore. "
http://www.smnnews.com/board//showthread.php?t=200539

Still not believing it at all.

ChildrenofSodom
06-09-2009, 11:07 PM
i dont want to see animal carcasses on stage..

TonyD
06-09-2009, 11:12 PM
i dont want to see animal carcasses on stage..

Why the hell not?

I can respect them not wanting to be on the tour for that reason, but it's really stupid to join just because they say, "we won't do it this time."

Wizzbang11
06-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Still not believing it at all.

Well I don't know what to say other than you can follow the link and see the original post, made by butthole (Travis) a few months ago. Like I said I doubt this was the reason considering the tour has been going for a few weeks but they did initially say that.

Div
06-09-2009, 11:17 PM
it's not like they killed them specifically for the show. theres always parts left over from every slaughtered animal. so they rot somewhere or theyre used in a show. whats the fucking difference? if they dont want to kill animals or eat meat thats their call, but to be all idealistic and get in everyones face about it is just annoying. sounded like they didnt want to do the tour anyway.

HugeRockStar
06-10-2009, 08:40 AM
It didnt have anything to do with dead animals, it had to do with getting paid.

http://www.metalinjection.net/dispatches-from-the-van/exclusive-demise-blackened-fest

ChildrenofSodom
06-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Independent of this story, I still don't want to see rotting animals on a stage. I don't care where they came from, I just don't want to see it. Not my cup of tea.

ImmortalEmperor
06-10-2009, 09:54 AM
I was at the Seattle date on 06/05 and there weren't any animal heads or blood in the stage show. There were some phony human heads on stakes and other phony human body parts hanging from the drum kit. As to the whole Cattle Decapitation controversy, I admire the guy for standing up for his beliefs - its refreshing in this era of anything for money. By the way, Cattle Decapitation had a hilarious shirt for sale that said "Stop the 'Octomom' before she shits again" - good stuff...

mankvill
06-11-2009, 10:43 AM
It didnt have anything to do with dead animals, it had to do with getting paid.

http://www.metalinjection.net/dispatches-from-the-van/exclusive-demise-blackened-fest

Mayhem are dicks.

ADD
06-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Mayhem are dicks.

:hecho:

It's not their job to make sure everyone gets paid. Mayhem's job is to play music and get paid for it, as with any professional band. Promoters and booking agents are the ones who get paid to make sure all the bands get paid. So who's fault is it really?

ravenheart
06-11-2009, 04:28 PM

It's not their job to make sure everyone gets paid. Mayhem's job is to play music and get paid for it, as with any professional band. Promoters and booking agents are the ones who get paid to make sure all the bands get paid. So who's fault is it really?

Agreed, BUT, the other bands etc. were bending over backwards to let the tour continue and Mayhem were basically saying "we don't care because we can afford to carry on without them".

ADD
06-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Agreed, BUT, the other bands etc. were bending over backwards to let the tour continue and Mayhem were basically saying "we don't care because we can afford to carry on without them".
I read the thing and thats not what it seemed like to me.

Extreme metal bands touring in the U.S. is just a shitty, shitty business because its generally run by incompetent people. Foreign extreme metal bands from all styles of metal (black, death, doom, etc.) have always had problems with touring here. The only good example I can think of is that Paganfest has been moderately successful the past couple years here.

ravenheart
06-11-2009, 05:17 PM
I read the thing and thats not what it seemed like to me.

Really? I read that all the support bands were willing to wait a couple of days for their money, and Cephalic Carnage were going to get their van from their rehearsal space and complete the tour in that instead of having a bus...

mankvill
06-12-2009, 11:54 AM

Okay, promoters are dicks!

And Bus drivers, apparently. :lol: