PDA

View Full Version : Extended Server Outage

hot_turkey_ed
06-08-2009, 04:22 PM
On Saturday, our new data center experienced a fatal air conditioning problem. The short of it, my dedicated server cooked got. No hard drive or data loss. Either the main board or power supplied got fried. I'm not too concerned which because our server was bucking for a replacement. We're running right now on a stable temporary server until I either build one or order a new pizza box this week.

For those that have a need to know or care, we've run a dedicated setup since day one: colocated private server. It's one of the reasons we generally don't have performance issues or downtime, unlike many other communities out there.

In any case, you have my sincerest apologies for the extended downtime. Our data center is in the process of replacements the defective units (we're talking about van size units, not little ones) this week. I wouldn't be surprised if it we have one more incident when they replace it but it will definitely not be for long.

JRA
06-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Had me afraid you weren't home for an extended period of time and thus didn't pay the bills. :eyes:

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Good to see its back up, got me worried for a bit!

hot_turkey_ed
06-08-2009, 04:31 PM
No, the bills get paid.. actually in advance sometimes even. :D This was strictly failed hardware. :bouville:

Some times things like this are a blessing in disguise. We will be running on new shiny hardware after this. Also we'll also put some disaster recovery options in place to mitigage future downtime (i.e. secondary server @ different location) that should elminate downtime lasting more than a few hours like this.

GameFreac
06-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Yeah I've been looking for the Summer Slaughter setlists so I was worried

Glad it's back up and running :D

mankvill
06-08-2009, 04:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVC7I5VcTiw

rjturtle9
06-08-2009, 05:46 PM
it scared me. i thought metalsetlists was gone forever :(

Wizzbang11
06-08-2009, 05:52 PM
I was also trying to find the Summer Slaughter set, oh well.
Glad it's back.

DethMaiden
06-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Yeah, thanks for the text about this, Eric. While I wasn't about to admit, I was worried sick. :tongue:

Butcher of Birth
06-08-2009, 10:31 PM
You should start donations haha. I'd buy a Metal Set Lists Shirt and Stickers! haha

SomewhereInTime72
06-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Glad everything's back now. :cool:

es156
06-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, thanks for the text about this, Eric. While I wasn't about to admit, I was worried sick. :tongue:

I knew you would be.

;)