PDA

View Full Version : New Slayer Album Title!!

makethemsuffer12
06-03-2009, 03:57 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=121295

WORLD PAINTED BLOOD

Thoughts?

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Gonna be an awesome record, but thats a pretty bad name :lol:

makethemsuffer12
06-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Yeah. It's a meh name at best.

mankvill
06-03-2009, 04:43 PM
We're in the minority on this board here, boys. No one cares about Slayer anymore.

'cept me. :)

Can't wait to see the artwork.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
We're in the minority on this board here, boys. No one cares about Slayer anymore.

'cept me. :)

Can't wait to see the artwork.

Good to know there's another besides us Long Islaners :lol:

Mein either!

JuuKun
06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Meh. I'll listen to it and give it a try despite the terrible name, but I don't expect to be blown away. Sure it'll be fairly solid, but won't hold a candle to South of Heaven.

overkiller
06-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Horrible name. Makes me remember that Christ Illusion was actually a pretty decent title, however bad the music was.

JRA
06-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Would you all prefer World Painted Red?

Wizzbang11
06-03-2009, 09:38 PM
I would.

Some great albums have terrible names, so I wouldn't judge it based only on that.
I haven't liked anything Slayer has done in the last 15 years, but I'll give it a try.

Div
06-03-2009, 09:42 PM
would sound better as "A Blood Painted World"

b_halperin
06-03-2009, 09:58 PM

yea seriously i second that.

mankvill
06-03-2009, 10:06 PM
would sound better as Magnetic Death.

DethMaiden
06-04-2009, 06:41 AM
would sound better as Magnetic Death.

Would sound better by a different band.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-04-2009, 08:38 AM

Exactly.

"World painted blood" doesn't even make sense. Maybe "world painted in blood", but that would be too similar to "reign in blood".

As for the album itself. I have very low expectations.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-04-2009, 10:36 AM
The name might be really bad, but I don't care. I personally hold a very different opinion than most people about Slayer's discography, but I enjoy every record. They never released a Load/Reload or Risk, and they've stayed metal albeit changing up a bit here and there, but I've enjoyed everything, so I think I am still going to enjoy this one.

Derelict
06-04-2009, 11:12 AM
The reason no one cares is that they haven't put out interesting music in 15 years. As for changing their style, there are numetal songs on Diabolus in musica. Listen to "Stain of Mind" and tell me its not numetal.

mankvill
06-04-2009, 01:01 PM
The reason no one cares is that they haven't put out interesting music in 15 years. As for changing their style, there are numetal songs on Diabolus in musica. Listen to "Stain of Mind" and tell me its not numetal.

They're the most consistent of the Big Four, though.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-04-2009, 01:06 PM

Stain of Mind is not a nu-metal song, Korn and Slipknot are the ones releasing nu-metal crap. I think that is a big stretch to call Stain of Mind to a nu-metal song.

Just because it's not "Reign In Blood" Slayer or "Seasons" Slayer doesn't mean it's a drastic change in style, it's just some experimentation here and there. More importantly, that is just one song. Slayer have made four records since Seasons, and there are plenty better songs than Stain of Mind.

mastodon421
06-04-2009, 01:09 PM
i am pretty excited. i love Slayer to death and i didnt think Christ Illiusion was a bad record clearly its no Reign or Seasons but hey its still Slayer.

TonyD
06-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Is there a timetable for this? Even something like "late summer/early fall"?
Lombardo says he thinks it's better than Christ Illusion. He's probably the most musical member of the band and I'll will take his word over Kerry King saying "this album motherfucking kicks ass" a thousand times.

Indestructible
06-27-2009, 04:41 PM
The name might be really bad, but I don't care. I personally hold a very different opinion than most people about Slayer's discography, but I enjoy every record. They never released a Load/Reload or Risk, and they've stayed metal albeit changing up a bit here and there, but I've enjoyed everything, so I think I am still going to enjoy this one.

i like slayer but

the 3 good songs on load are better than everything slayer has done since divine intervention. the 3 good songs are better than all slayer

PowerMaiden
06-27-2009, 05:06 PM
the new song Kick Ass !

I'm sure it'll be a great album, nevermind the title

and btw, as opposed to most of you I really like the GHUA album

Chhers !
PowerMaiden

Indestructible
06-27-2009, 06:01 PM
i also like god hates us all. i like the chorus in exile. my favorite from ghua is bloodline.the album title speaks the truth

TonyD
06-27-2009, 06:51 PM
i like slayer but

the 3 good songs on load are better than everything slayer has done since divine intervention. the 3 good songs are better than all slayer

Nice claim, bro.

Spiral_Slave
06-28-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm definitely looking forward to this album. I'm a big fan of God Hates Us All, and I like a handful of songs off Christ Illusion. Also Psychopathy Red is pretty cool so we'll see what happens. Isn't this supposed to be the last Slayer record?

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-28-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm definitely looking forward to this album. I'm a big fan of God Hates Us All, and I like a handful of songs off Christ Illusion. Also Psychopathy Red is pretty cool so we'll see what happens. Isn't this supposed to be the last Slayer record?

Not necessarily, Kerry says he wants to continue, but that issue hasn't been brought up much with the others, especialy Araya, since he was the one who said he didn't know if he could be a headbanging 50 year old and all. Regardless, I hope they continue, they're one of my favorite bands!

Indestructible
06-28-2009, 08:57 AM
they dont need to break up. after this they can take a break for a few years

b_halperin
06-28-2009, 09:06 AM
they dont need to break up. after this they can take a break for a few years

lol u suggest that with every band.

Indestructible
06-28-2009, 12:09 PM
lol u suggest that with every band.

well slayer will stay the same no matter how much time they take off.

in flames can take a break for a while and still have a chance to get better

b_halperin
06-29-2009, 10:32 PM
well slayer will stay the same no matter how much time they take off.

so then whats the point of them taking time off..?

Indestructible
06-30-2009, 06:36 AM
so then whats the point of them taking time off..?

im just saying they dont have to break up they just dont have to do anything for while. i think all old bands shouldnt break up until they are old and are positive they cant do it anymore