05-31-2009, 01:01 AM
still mad that ive never seen one song off V...and ive seen sym x twice -_-

SomewhereInTime72
05-31-2009, 08:19 AM
still mad that ive never seen one song off V...and ive seen sym x twice -_-

That sucks, man.

Altmer7989
05-31-2009, 08:56 AM
I got egypt and evolution when I saw them so uh...

HugeRockStar
05-31-2009, 11:55 AM
I wish I saw this tour.

Maiden33
05-31-2009, 12:05 PM
I've seen Evolution twice, Egypt / The Death of Balance, and Communion and the Oracle. All have been fantastic. Then again that's the case with just about every Symphony X song. They are undoubtedly one of my favorite live bands.

metal01
06-01-2009, 09:41 AM
when are we getting a new album from these guys?

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-01-2009, 10:31 AM
when are we getting a new album from these guys?

Mid 2010 in all likelihood, latest late 2010/early 2011. Can't wait for it :rocker:.

Maiden33
06-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Hopefully relatively soon, and hopefully it will be better than Paradise lost. I liked it, loved a couple of songs. But overall it was kind of like the dumbed-down version of old Symphony X. The songs relied way too heavily on repetitive chugga-riffing, the keyboards were barely present on most songs, and Russell Allen chose the harsher vocal style over using his incredible god-like melodic style. I'm hoping the next album is a step back in the direction of classic SX.

SerpentineVIVIVI
06-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Hopefully relatively soon, and hopefully it will be better than Paradise lost. I liked it, loved a couple of songs. But overall it was kind of like the dumbed-down version of old Symphony X. The songs relied way too heavily on repetitive chugga-riffing, the keyboards were barely present on most songs, and Russell Allen chose the harsher vocal style over using his incredible god-like melodic style. I'm hoping the next album is a step back in the direction of classic SX.

I disagree, I think Paradise Lost was an awesome album that showcased a big multitude of their talents, both the heavy chugging riffs and the progressive/melodic style. I personally think it went as far to be one of the best of '07, but that's just me. I definately think it's a great record, up there with Divine Wings and Twilight (hell, all of em).